Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Bible Topics & Study   » Psalm 90:17 Let the beauty of the LORD...

Author Topic: Psalm 90:17 Let the beauty of the LORD...
Eden
unregistered

Icon 5 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Psalm 90:17 (King James Version)
17 And let the beauty of the LORD our God be upon us; and You establish the work of our hands upon us; yes, You establish the work of our hands.

Galatians 2 (King James Version)
20 But, I am crucified with Christ; nevertheless I live; yet not I live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave Himself for me.

Romans 6:6 (King James Version)
6 Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with Him, so that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin.

17 And let the beauty of the LORD our God be upon us; and You establish the work of our hands upon us; yes, You establish the work of our hands.

This sounds a lot like what Michael Harrison also says.

2 Corinthians 4:7
But we have this treasure in earthen vessels, that the excellency of the power may be of God, and not of us.

So is it that I say to Jesus, "Okay, because You are so sweet and so smart, I trust You to operate my body for me", is it like that, Michael Harrison?

I think it is, but at the same time I, the old man, can say, "hey, I'm not dead", I'm going to take over the reins of my life, in this particular activity", and then it is the "old man" who is operating my vessel again".

So the "treasure" in me is a Person, Jesus thru the Holy Spirit, who can operate my vessel IN PLACE OF ME WHO AM THE SOUL.

I now remember that Michael Harrison wrote that "I am the vessel", but "am I not the soul who HAS a vessel".

Because...I am so hopelessly sinful that I cannot do it, so You, Jesus, BE IN ME that which I CANNOT BE?

with love, Eden
"my life is in Your hands"

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement