Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Bible Topics & Study   » WHY CHRIST CAME

Author Topic: WHY CHRIST CAME
Eden
unregistered

Icon 5 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Amen, WildB, overall I like what Cornelius R. Stam has to say, and I think it is a help to getting people get saved. I appreciate you faithfully posting them.

Eden

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Found in Him
Advanced Member
Member # 7596

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Found in Him   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
He came and walked among us... That alone is so awesome.

He came and fulfilled prophecy.
“I did not come to abolish, but to fulfill” (Matthew 5:17).
“Christ has become a servant . . . to confirm the promises given to the fathers” (Romans 15:8).

He came and abolished the law.
“Christ Jesus . . . is our peace . . . by abolishing in His flesh the enmity, which is the Law of commandments contained in ordinances” (Ephesians 2:13-15).
“Do not think that I came to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I did not come to abolish but to fulfill . . . not the smallest letter or stroke shall pass from the Law until all is accomplished” (Matthew 5:17-18).

He came to seek the lost.
“For the Son of Man has come to seek and to save that which was lost” (Luke 19:10).

He came to save the lost.
“For the Son of Man has come to save that which was lost” (Matthew 18:11).

He came to serve.
“For even the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve” (Mark 10:45).

He came to give His life as a ransom.
“Just as the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give His life a ransom for many.” (Matthew 20:28).

He came that men might have life more abundant.
“I came that they may have life, and have it abundantly” (John 10:10).

He came to reveal the Father.
“Nor does anyone know the Father except the Son, and anyone to whom the Son wills to reveal Him” (Matthew 11:27).
“Jesus said to him, ‘He who has seen Me has seen the Father’” (John 14:9).

He came to do the will of The Father.
“Then He added, ‘Look, I have come to do Your will’” (Hebrews 10:9).

He came to preach.
“But He said to them, ‘I must preach the kingdom of God to the other cities also, for I was sent for this purpose’” (Luke 4:43).

He came to bring fire.
“I have come to bring fire to the earth” (Luke 12:49).
“He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and fire . . . He will burn up the chaff with unquenchable fire” (Matthew 3:11-12).

He came to bring judgment.
“And Jesus said, ‘For judgment I came into this world, so that those who do not see may see, and that those who see may become blind’” (John 9:39).
Note with this verse Luke 12:14, John 3:17, and John 8:15 which says: “I judge no man.”

He came and was made known as King.
“Therefore Pilate said to Him, ‘So You are a king?’ Jesus answered, ‘You say correctly that I am a king. For this I have been born, and for this I have come into the world’” (John 18:37).

He came to bear witness to the truth.
“For this I have come into the world, to testify to the truth. Everyone who is of the truth hears My voice” (John 18:37).

He came to save sinners.
“Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners” (I Timothy 1:15).

He came into the world to be a faithful high priest.
“That He might become a merciful and faithful high priest in things pertaining to God” (Hebrews 2:17).

He came to put away sin.
“Now once at the consummation of the ages He has been manifested to put away sin by the sacrifice of Himself” (Hebrews 9:26).
“You know that He appeared in order to take away sins” (I John 3:5).
“Behold, the Lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world” (John 1:29).
Compare John 1:35, Leviticus 16:20-22, Isaiah 53:6, II Corinthians 5:21.

He came to destroy the works of the devil.
“The Son of God appeared for this purpose, to destroy the works of the devil” (I John 3:8).
“Only as a human being could He die, and only by dying could He break the power of the Devil, who had the power of death” (Hebrews 2:14).
“Now judgment is upon this world; now the ruler of this world will be cast out.” (John 12:31).
“For the ruler of the world is coming, and he has nothing in Me” (John 14:30).

He came to give a sword.
“Don't imagine that I came to bring peace to the earth! No, I came to bring a sword. I have come to set a man against his father, and a daughter against her mother, and a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law. Your enemies will be right in your own household” (Matthew 10:34-36).

He came to bear our sins.
“He Himself bore our sins in His body on the cross” (I Peter 2:24).
“Christ . . . having been offered once to bear the sins of many” (Hebrews 9:28).

He came to provide a pattern of holy living for Christians.
“Since Christ also suffered for you, leaving you an example for you to follow in His steps” (I Peter 2:21).
“Learn from Me, for I am gentle and humble in heart” (Matthew 11:29).

--------------------
~To Him That is able to keep you from falling and to present you before His glorious presence without fault and with great joy...to the only God our Savior be glory, majesty, power and authority, through Jesus Christ our Lord, before all ages, now and forevermore! Amen.~ Jude 24

Posts: 1503 | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
becauseHElives
Advanced Member
Member # 87

Icon 15 posted      Profile for becauseHElives   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
WHY CHRIST CAME

It is true Yahshua came to seek and save the lost but that is only part of His mission....

He also came to show those that would believe how to live and die in this bodies of clay!

Why did Yahshua Die?

Largely, those professing Christians have bought into the perception that Yahshua was a passive, even timid man. Many distorting such verses as “turn the other cheek” to support this hypothesis. However, careful reading of the Scriptures opposes this characterization. In Matthew 10:34 we are told by Yahshua Himself, and I quote: “Think not that I am come to send peace on the earth; I came not to send peace, but the sword” (Matt.10: 34) His earthly mission was not to ingratiate Himself to humanity but to make it essential that we make a choice. In Matthew 10:21 Yahshua describes the conditions His coming and the necessity of a clear choice has brought upon the world: “ And the brother shall deliver up the brother to death, and the father the child: and the children shall rise up against their parents, and cause them to be put to death.” We must make a choice no matter the costs.

In John 8:32 Yahshua said, “And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.” Unfortunately, most today like the ruling authorities of His day will not see the truth largely because they are of their father hasatan. The ruling authorities of his day refused to hear Him. They even turned a blind eye to the practical results of the good works He did, even ascribing them to hasatan, ignoring all the accounts that He was a man of understanding, wisdom, and spiritual power. Then we must ask ourselves, why was He rejected of men. It could not have been because of His wonderful qualities, but instead it was because of His unwavering steadfastness in speaking the truth. Frequently, bluntly! He was the light of this world, but the world perceived Him not, because this light uncovered the hidden things, exposed sin, and this would bring about His downfall. Yahshua Himself described the world condition in John 11:9 “…are there not twelve hours in the day? If any man walk in the day, he stumbleth not, because he seeth the light of this world. John 11:10 But if a man walk in the night, he stumbleth, because there is no light in him.”

We also read in John this searing criticism of the world’s attitude: “And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men love darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil. For everyone that does evil hates the light, neither comes to the light. Lest his deeds should be reproved. But he that does the truth comes to the light, that his deeds may be made manifest, that they are wrought in G-d” (John 3:19-21)

Yahshua’s righteousness, His uncompromising observance of the truth (G-d’sTorah) cost Him disciples (John 6:53, 59,62, 64-67) support, and followers as He became more and more outspoken about the evil nature and sin in the world. Even those that were most closely associated with Him deserted Him and ran for cover when the chips began to fly.

The Roman overlords, and their puppet constituency, the religious authorities (but not all of them) moved to counter Yahshua’s legitimacy and influence by attacking His credibility. Yahshua courageously branded them hypocrites, and pointed out their proclivity of making the Torah of G-d ineffective by their multitude of additions and traditions, (unfortunately the church today is guilty of the same offense) which they had forced upon their world. Yahshua by His actions made of Himself a target of intense opposition, persecution and especially character assignation. Yahshua was not only perceived as challenging the status quo, but in fact as Scripture attests, He righteously did. The Temple authorities, and their Roman masters saw Him as a true revolutionary threat that enjoyed the common peoples support that might lead to the toppling of their regimes.

When you challenge the authorities, religious or political, the status quo, you have to expect repercussions. Yahshua knowingly challenged them, but He was different from all the other pseudo messiahs before and after Him in that he did not draw back nor did He compromise His message. Yahshua was and is a fearless, uncompromising champion of the truth. Yahshua, like all the major characters of the great biblical stories boldly and courageously spoke the Truth of G-d, His Torah, and clearly and fearlessly exposed the evil and evildoers of this world

Yahshua’s speaking, teaching, and living the Truth of Torah was in the end, the cause of His death as it had been for the various prophets before Him, and shall be for those who uncompromisingly follow Him and G-d’s Torah in the “ End of Days.”

Amein, may we not falter…

--------------------
Strive to enter in at the strait gate:for many, I say unto you will seek to enter in, and shall not be able. ( Luke 13:24 )

Posts: 4578 | From: Southeast Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
oneinchrist
Advanced Member
Member # 6532

Icon 1 posted      Profile for oneinchrist     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Wild B,
I would caution that an attitude that just outright disregards the teachings of Jesus would most likely not reflect that of one who has repented and placed his faith in Jesus. Something very important that I think people misunderstand is that the gospel teachings of Jesus are not a list of legalistic rules and regulations........but a call from God for man to have a change of heart. Jesus continually adresses matters of the heart from beginning to end............repentance, faith, forgiveness, mercy, compassion, loyalty, courage, humility, etc.
If we ignore these, then we ignore the call to discipleship.

Yes, it is true that Jesus' main objective was to come to save that which was lost.......but He wants to use us to draw others in, and that cannot be done if one ignores Jesus' gospel teachings.

With love in Christ, Daniel

Posts: 1389 | From: Wind Lake, WI | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WildB
Member # 2917

Icon 18 posted      Profile for WildB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
by Cornelius R. Stam

Have you ever asked yourself why the Lord Jesus Christ came into the world? Have you ever "searched the Scriptures" to find out why? The majority of religious leaders and their followers seem to think that Christ lived on earth to teach us by His words and His example how we should live. But let's think this through.

Our Lord did indeed show men how they should live with each other and before God. But what were the results? Did the people say: "How wonderful! Now we know how to live together and enjoy life! Let's follow His teachings and the world will be a happier place to live in!" Is this what they said? Far from it! As the record indicates, they hated Him, they ridiculed Him, they heckled Him and finally nailed Him to a cross.

As to His example: Have you ever seen how a jeweler will put a diamond on a piece of black felt to show it to a prospective customer? The diamond is seen most clearly in all its brilliance against a dark, black background -- and vice versa. In the same way, man has never really followed Christ's example -- he couldn't. Rather, the pure white light of Christ's holiness only shows up the dark, black character of the human heart, and man by contrast stands rebuked and condemned.

But why, then, did Christ come into the world? The whole volume of Scripture bears witness to St. Paul's answer in I Tim. 1:15: "Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners."

Consider the Old Testament types and prophecies. Consider its Psalms and poems. Consider the words of Christ Himself and you will see that He came, not to live, primarily, but to die -- to die "for our sins" (I Cor. 15:3), to pay our penalty that we might be justified -- cleared of all the charges which the Law held against us.

These same Scriptures also declare that He, the Prince of Peace, arose from the dead and will come again as King of kings and Lord of lords. But meantime we may trust in the rejected Savior and enjoy "peace with God, through our Lord Jesus Christ" (Rom. 5:1).

--------------------
That is all.....

Posts: 8775 | From: USA, MICHIGAN | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement