Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Bible Topics & Study   » If I were looking for God?

Author Topic: If I were looking for God?
Eden
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
RWDavis wrote to Clyde Fultz III and bluefrog
quote:
Contact Eden and bluefrog and let them know I am out of here.
Now that is funny, considering that I have not much responded to RWDavis's posts because he did not quote the scriptures but only referenced the scriptures in parentheses, and "who has time to look them up???"). But if both of you use my services, I'll send me your mailing address and bill you. LOL

love, Eden

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eden
unregistered

Icon 5 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Personally it is MY experience that even bornagain Christians have difficulty "reconciling how to defend Christian Bible doctrine with being loving at the same time", and THERE MAY BE NO MIDDLE GROUND THERE.

My personal experience is that I have thus far found NO CHRISTIAN SITE which does a BETTER job of reconciling defending doctrine and being loving at the same time.

I think it is a MYTH that such a Christian site EXISTS.

When I am being honest with myself, I think that THIS IS AS GOOD AS IT GETS FOR NOW and that's why I am still here, thick skin and all, but thankfully saved and let the scriptures that we post, which are "spirit and life", do their own work in the job of salvation. What we say "inbetween" the scripturea really does not save anyone anyway. [Big Grin]

love, Eden

RWDavis
Community Member
Member # 7649

Icon 1 posted      Profile for RWDavis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Clyde,
Bewteen you deleting certain posts to me, and bluefrog expressing that one of my posts persuades him to leave this site also, I would rather you two stay and work out the differences together (Num 23:19).

Contact Eden and bluefrog and let them know I am out of here.

Posts: 11 | From: Lewisport, ky | Registered: Mar 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eden
unregistered

Alrightie then, it was nice having both of you here. I hope you will have "more better" fun wherever you go next.

Farewell. Eden

Clyde Fultz III
unregistered

As with Bluefrog, I say my goodbyes also.

In His Name,
Clyde

Eden
unregistered

Regarding us being more "civilized to each other" on this board (or any board), as I said in another Topic here, God's love to us is unconditional because He is Our Parent and so God has UNCONDITIONAL love toward us.

And our earthly parents also have UNCONDITIONAL love us.

But we as children of God have a SIBLING relationship toward each other. We have SIBLING love toward each other, which is different than PARENT love. And we all know how siblings can behave toward each other.

Howbeit, even compared to other Christian boards, this bbs is fairly civilized, and is HOLY compared to what they say on NON-Christian bbs.

A soldier on the wall of the Christian fortress has to have a thick skin for the Christian siblings (who are not even part of our "natural" family), in addition to the armor of the Lord, you know, the helmet of salvation, etc.

Eden

RWDavis
Community Member
Member # 7649

Icon 1 posted      Profile for RWDavis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
bullfrog said...
"The point of your opening comments are well taken more than you may realize. Not only do those looking in run a chance of feeling not welcomed, some of us on here feel the same."

In 1Corinthians 14:27-28 Paul suggests that when believers come together speaking tongues against each other, speaking things that mean nothing except to the speaker and the speaker's God, and a stranger comes in to hear the chaos, neither God nor speaker nor debating believer nor confused stranger is served (1Cor 14:22-23).

That's why Paul, who knew the value of studying on the edge of his own unknown-tongues so to develope his reach of understanding, also knew the value of shuttayouface when his own personal talks with God are just unknown tongues of debate and confusion to listeners (1Cor 14:27-28).

To avoid debates with those who know they have something that needs to be told, but don't know how to say it with understanding, Paul says "..if any man be ignorant, let him be ignorant....covet to prophesy and forbid not to speak with tongues (1Cor 14:38-39)."

And how much better it would be that, when a tonguemeister starts a confused debate which invites the equality of opinions and rectums, we all pour the kindness of hot coals upon their heads by leading them to validate their unknown tongues with scriptures that prophesy (1Cor 14:31-33).

Posts: 11 | From: Lewisport, ky | Registered: Mar 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Clyde Fultz III
unregistered

Blufrog,

I feel the same way sometimes, even though I have only been here for about 2-3 weeks. I have tried my best to explain that bickering is not the same as debating, as we have Martin Luther King and Abraham Lincoln (etc.) as examples for great debators. And we only have to look at a couple who bickers, to see that it only leads to disgust (I am sure we all know a couple who bickers).

But to get back to what is being talked about, read some of the posts that has been written after this original post with an opened mind, and you will see that some are trying to correct this. Remember, for a child to reach a lightswitch, he needs to find a sturdy foundation to stand on. It is then that he is able to reach that switch. One has to start with the basics before he can build. It seems to me that your foundation needs to start with pointing out in love those words (building-blocks) which causes the building to come tumbling down. When all is left in place are the good stones (words), all that is left is to hook-up the electric (the Gospel) and turn on the Light.

Please reconsider, we all have work to do.

In His Love,
Clyde

bluefrog
unregistered

Hi Clyde....Subj: If I were looking for God ?

The point of your opening comments are well taken more than you may realize. Not only do those looking in run a chance of feeling not welcomed, some of us on here feel the same.

Many attempts have been made to keep peace here and lower the bickering but to no avail. I think it just goes with the territory. Without that factor included the attendance would most likely be worse than it is. I have attempted to add some cheer where bickering and a lack of fellowship were the given. That was criticized, and is to this date. The draw here is to discuss a subject brought up by someone or open your own study with a question or comment.

The members of the board get involved with the subject in some cases that appeal to them. Some just fade away. The hope should be that responses be made to glorify the Lord and pull others into a fellowship in learning and sharing.

Anyone who remains for a while are bound to learn something if they want. But when something is said that in our opinion, is in error it is usually caught and commented on. It isn't that we are looking for errors. It is more like you are there when someone walking barefoot through a dark room stubs their toe, you reach over and turn on a light. The surprise is that some don't want the light turned on. Next thing you know, the lights are off again and there are more people walking in the dark. Toes are hurting and people are yelling and none want the light on.

To solve the problem, at least for yourself, the thing to do is to forget about the light switch and leave. That is what I am doing. I am not only being told to leave the switch alone but criticized about other things as well. When boards start telling how evil one is that turns on the light, then that is too much. The light they are speaking of is spiritual light, like under the basket. I am talking about a light on the subject. Somehow, putting a light on the subject is determined to be evil bad teachings instead of subject discussion. I wish you well.

Clyde Fultz III
unregistered

I is knot gonna to be in know grammyerical klass with u two.
Eden
unregistered

Hi, Clyde, I know about "more better". I was just puttin' on the ritz. (And as I pointed out in my PM to you, I am a brother, not a sister.)

love, Eden

bluefrog
unregistered

If I were looking for God is a question. To answer the question I would only have to exist, and that includes spiritually.
bluefrog
unregistered

Clyde....I believe that Edens use of the term "more better" is gooder.
Clyde Fultz III
unregistered

OOPS sorry Eden, BROTHER.
Thank you WildB

WildB
Member # 2917

Icon 18 posted      Profile for WildB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Clyde Fultz III:
quote:
Originally posted by Eden:
Clyde Fultz III wrote
quote:
While not being perfect, we can at least try to remove negative thoughts/adjectives.
Thoughts and adjectives are not really part of the same "fruit". It would have been better to say (altho I already liked what you said), to say "we can at least try to remove negative verbs, nouns, and adjectives, and that would have been "more better" than saying "we should remove negative thoughts/adjectives". But I realize I'm being the "jot and tittler" again.

love, Eden

Would not saying "better" make more sense than saying "more better". I am JUST jesting my Sister [Smile]
Eden is a male , I think? Has m for sex on his "my profile"

--------------------
That is all.....

Posts: 8775 | From: USA, MICHIGAN | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Clyde Fultz III
unregistered

quote:
Clyde Fultz III wrote
quote:
While not being perfect, we can at least try to remove negative thoughts/adjectives.
Thoughts and adjectives are not really part of the same "fruit". It would have been better to say (altho I already liked what you said), to say "we can at least try to remove negative verbs, nouns, and adjectives, and that would have been "more better" than saying "we should remove negative thoughts/adjectives". But I realize I'm being the "jot and tittler" again.

love, Eden

Would not saying "better" make more sense than saying "more better". I am JUST jesting my Sister [Smile]
Eden
unregistered

When it comes to "bickering" among Christians, I find that "bickering" occurs mostly around "doctrine", either "doctrine" that we have learned from other "peer groups" or "doctrine" that we have gleaned by ourselves from the Bible.

We want to keep the gospel pure and clean so we naturally find ourselves "defending the purity of the gospel of Jesus", and we find that this "defense of the purity of the gospel also often makes it is harder to love that person".

How DO we indeed DEFEND the gospel and still try to love each other as if "nothing has happened"?

Probably we need to compare ourselves to what happens OUTSIDE of Christian circles in Posting.

As I said in another Topic, eventhough we bornagain Christians "lay into each other sometimes due to our perception of doctrine", overall we are FAR MORE LOVING WITH EACH OTHER than the filth that NON-believers sling at each other in the worldly blogs. We are being VERY NICE with each other, eventhough the defense of our perception of Bible doctrine sometimes makes us fight each other, kinda like "siblings fight with each other but underneath they love each other because they are of the same family", kind of thing.

So how to reconcile defending "the gospel" and how to "appear loving" is not always easy, but compared to the worldly blogs, we are very cordial even in our so-called "bickering".

love, Eden

Eden
unregistered

Clyde Fultz III wrote
quote:

love, Eden

Clyde Fultz III
unregistered

Hello all,
I was using, "But, now I stand before others wondering {why} I am considered a liar", just for conveying, nothing more. But thank you FoundInHim for your thoughtful consideration.

Bluefrog, it was not "our going ons" which I was speaking about, as that is nothing but debating. In the process of debating, none of us can convey perfectly what we want to say. And when someone reads what we say and they do not comprehend what is trying to be conveyed, most of the time we all jump the gun and lash out.

When it becomes "bickering" as was pointed out by Eden, then we are not in debating mode any longer, but in a sensational contest of "to have one up" on the other. While not being perfect, we can at least try to remove negative thoughts/adjectives. Example, "I cannot stand a liar, they all need to go to Hell!", could easly be said, "You know, lying hurts. It does not only hurt others, but it also hurts you. It causes fellings of guilt and you always have to worry about being caught in a lie. It can only lead to destruction.....on and on".
My point is: to agape (esteem)others as you would want them to agape (esteem) you. This is my only point.

I just spent five minutes trying to find something funny to say, but could not. So, I will leave the slap-stick to you Bluefrog.

bluefrog
unregistered

FOUND IN HIM,....I don't think that Clyde was saying that anyone called him a liar. I think he was using that as an example of what he is trying to convey.

CLYDE....

I have never been on a Christian Discussion board where the people act as you claim we should. That's a Fact Jack ! I mean Clyde. lol

Butttt, your right. And that's a fact too.

Even though, that being the case, if a non Christian person is on this board and trying to get something out of it, regardless of the stuff, I think they can gather up some nuggets.

If our goings on upset them then they need to turn to the Lord, join the family of God and jump in with us then see what it's really all about. We all Love the Lord and don't want anyone Messin with Him. If someone want to mess with him and His word, they have a fight on their hands, in Love of course. lol [dance]

Found in Him
Advanced Member
Member # 7596

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Found in Him   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Clyde,

You wrote...It is personal attacks of this sort which tells others that although they read the same Bible, they err, which may or may not be true, but why not go after it in a brotherly manner. Instead of making someone feel that they are speading lies, why not say, "I have read where it says....", then I would say, "WOW! I have never seen it that way..."

But, now I stand before others wondering I am considered a liar.

~~~~~

I again have to agree with you. I know that I do not have the patience that I should in responding to folks on certain issues. If I feel what someone is saying could mislead someone or give them a wrong impression of God-- I do get upset. Mainly because I was victim of this myself at one time and it was destructive spiritually.

I want you to know that I am sorry that you feel that you would ever be considered a liar here on the board. We don't respond as we should, I know I don't. Maybe we are too quick to assume what someone is trying to covey? I think maybe.

God help us. We do all need fellowship.

--------------------
~To Him That is able to keep you from falling and to present you before His glorious presence without fault and with great joy...to the only God our Savior be glory, majesty, power and authority, through Jesus Christ our Lord, before all ages, now and forevermore! Amen.~ Jude 24

Posts: 1503 | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WildB
Member # 2917

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WildB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by WildB:
The Bible says different.

If at anytime I lead anyone to think that I spoke contrary to what the Bible says, please let me know.

It is personal attacks of this sort which tells others that although they read the same Bible, they err, which may or may not be true, but why not go after it in a brotherly manner. Instead of making someone feel that they are speading lies, why not say, "I have read where it says....", then I would say, "WOW! I have never seen it that way..."

Well said!

--------------------
That is all.....

Posts: 8775 | From: USA, MICHIGAN | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Clyde Fultz III
unregistered

quote:

If at anytime I lead anyone to think that I spoke contrary to what the Bible says, please let me know.

It is personal attacks of this sort which tells others that although they read the same Bible, they err, which may or may not be true, but why not go after it in a brotherly manner. Instead of making someone feel that they are speading lies, why not say, "I have read where it says....", then I would say, "WOW! I have never seen it that way..."

WildB
Member # 2917

Icon 6 posted      Profile for WildB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:
"hate......etc As far as can be seen, none of that is part of love"

Prov.6

[16] These six things doth the LORD hate: yea, seven are an abomination unto him:

Prov.8

[13] The fear of the LORD is to hate evil: pride, and arrogancy, and the evil way, and the froward mouth, do I hate.

To morally hate (anti-phileo = not to cherish) something is not the same as to willfully hate(anti-agape = not to be emotionally attached). What is the definition of Love in the New Testament? Hate (detest) is not a defintion given to us in the Ode to Love.
So you are saying only marshmallows can hate the eater? Being that they are will less and have no right or wrong?

--------------------
That is all.....

Clyde Fultz III
unregistered

quote:

Prov.6

[16] These six things doth the LORD hate: yea, seven are an abomination unto him:

Prov.8

[13] The fear of the LORD is to hate evil: pride, and arrogancy, and the evil way, and the froward mouth, do I hate.

To morally hate (anti-phileo = not to cherish) something is not the same as to willfully hate(anti-agape = not to be emotionally attached). What is the definition of Love in the New Testament? Hate (detest) is not a defintion given to us in the Ode to Love.
WildB
Member # 2917

Icon 6 posted      Profile for WildB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

Prov.6

Prov.8

--------------------
That is all.....

Clyde Fultz III
unregistered

quote:
Hi, brother Clyde Fultz III, you wrote
quote:
If I were looking for God and came here and see how Christians (ian= like) acted here, you know, everyone being correct no matter what is said, I would just laugh at the bunch and say to myself, "I have enough pride already, I do not need to prove I know more than my fellow man!"
Yes, if you are going to judge what God has done for you by what sinners do, then you are looking in the wrong direction.

Jesus died TO SAVE us sinners, so you need to look to Jesus. But if you come to sinners to see how we should behave, even we saved sinners, we are NOT Jesus and your error, were you to JUDGE JESUS on the basis of how the sinners are doing, Jesus came TO SAVE sinners for now.

But not until we receive our GLORIFIED BODIES will be LIKE JESUS, Amen?

So indeed, when sinners first come to this bbs, if they are going to look at the bickering being SIBLINGS (as ADOPTED sons and daughters of God) have to say to each other now and then, well, yes, then they are looking IN THE WRONG DIRECTION.

It is JESUS WHO SAVES NOT PEOPLE, with a cry, "O JESUS I NEED TO BE SAVED!"

love, Eden
"I'm running to the Mercy Seat" (Vicki Yohe Christian CD)

My my Eden, nothing about bickering was said, what was said was how we should present ourselves to each other and to others. But, however, bickering leads to disagreement, disagreement leads resentment, resentment leads to distaste, distaste leads to hate......etc As far as can be seen, none of that is part of love.
If someone came here not knowing the complete Truth, let us say babe in Christ, and they see no bond, do you think that we have not offended that babe, and perhaps in having been offended, he/she goes elsewhere. We know that all things are pure for those who are saved, but if by offense we mislead the least of us, have we not sinned?

WildB
Member # 2917

Icon 7 posted      Profile for WildB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:
If you were looking for God you would not have to go anywhere.

That is not the point. Point being, everyone think that only they have the answer. Could I not have meant that someone heard a calling and they want to know where that calling is coming from? Hence, searching for God.
Not so. Many here believe that the Bible has the answers and especially to ones calling.

Besides I didnt know God was ever lost~lol.

--------------------
That is all.....

Clyde Fultz III
unregistered

quote:

That is not the point. Point being, everyone think that only they have the answer. Could I not have meant that someone heard a calling and they want to know where that calling is coming from? Hence, searching for God.
WildB
Member # 2917

The Russians went to space to see if God was hiding on the other side of the moon.

If you are truly born again you need not look any where to find God. For it is only with your minds eye that you should be able to see him within your own heart.

2Cor.13

[5] Examine yourselves, whether ye be in the faith; prove your own selves. Know ye not your own selves, how that Jesus Christ is in you, except ye be reprobates?

--------------------
That is all.....

Clyde Fultz III
unregistered

quote:
Dear CF III, where DOES IT SAY that "people have this same agape love for darkness?" Thank you so much.

John 3:9. But why take my word for it. If you have a bible software, you could seach "loved darkness", "G25 (verb)", "G26 (noun of the verb)" and also phileo (G5368)which is a prefix to many other words. If are you looking for a good free bible software, I recommand esword.
Clyde Fultz III
unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by Betty Louise:
I would think if I was not a Christian I would be glad to see that being a Christian was not being brainwashed but that Christians are just people who hold different opinions who happen to love God and serve Him.
betty

How can Truth be absolute but thought to mean something else? Truth is, Christ died for our sins. Some would say that this is true. Others would add to it and would say that I am no longer under the law and freed from sin, and no longer held accountable, so I can sin! You see what happens when we do not stick to the "brainwashing" of the Truth.
Eden
unregistered

Hi, Clyde Fultz III, you wrote
quote:
Take the word "love". In the KJV, two words are translated the same, agape and philo. We are taught that God is love (agape). And that it is absolute true love, indeed Godly love. But we are also told that certain ones has this same form of love for darkness. It is possible to have Godly-love for the darkness???????
Dear CF III, where DOES IT SAY that "people have this same agape love for darkness?" Thank you so much.

And welcome to this bbs. I appreciate everyone who is willing, and able (for not all can type), to participate on the bbs, and you seem insightful about God to me).

love, Eden
"Nobody loves me like You"

Eden
unregistered

Hi, brother Clyde Fultz III, you wrote
quote:
If I were looking for God and came here and see how Christians (ian= like) acted here, you know, everyone being correct no matter what is said, I would just laugh at the bunch and say to myself, "I have enough pride already, I do not need to prove I know more than my fellow man!"
Yes, if you are going to judge what God has done for you by what sinners do, then you are looking in the wrong direction.

Jesus died TO SAVE us sinners, so you need to look to Jesus. But if you come to sinners to see how we should behave, even we saved sinners, we are NOT Jesus and your error, were you to JUDGE JESUS on the basis of how the sinners are doing, Jesus came TO SAVE sinners for now.

But not until we receive our GLORIFIED BODIES will be LIKE JESUS, Amen?

So indeed, when sinners first come to this bbs, if they are going to look at the bickering being SIBLINGS (as ADOPTED sons and daughters of God) have to say to each other now and then, well, yes, then they are looking IN THE WRONG DIRECTION.

It is JESUS WHO SAVES NOT PEOPLE, with a cry, "O JESUS I NEED TO BE SAVED!"

love, Eden
"I'm running to the Mercy Seat" (Vicki Yohe Christian CD)

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Betty Louise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would think if I was not a Christian I would be glad to see that being a Christian was not being brainwashed but that Christians are just people who hold different opinions who happen to love God and serve Him.
betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.

Posts: 5051 | From: Houston, Texas | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Found in Him
Advanced Member
Member # 7596

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Found in Him   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Clyde!

I would have to say that I agree. I wonder myself some days just why The Lord puts up with me and my many imperfections. He is still working on all of us. But you're right-- we make our own bad choices all too often.

Thanks for the post.

He is worthy of our best.

--------------------
~To Him That is able to keep you from falling and to present you before His glorious presence without fault and with great joy...to the only God our Savior be glory, majesty, power and authority, through Jesus Christ our Lord, before all ages, now and forevermore! Amen.~ Jude 24

Posts: 1503 | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Clyde Fultz III
unregistered

It is sad that the one who was in the dark was manifested and was replaced by others with the same pride of knowledge. Those who see Love not as patience but flat-out, "you are wrong and I am right!!!!!!!!"

Take the word "love". In the KJV, two words are translated the same, agape and philo. We are taught that God is love (agape). And that it is absolute true love, indeed Godly love. But we are also told that certain ones has this same form of love for darkness. It is possible to have Godly-love for the darkness??????? We believe what is told to us just because we are told and/or someone attaches a chapter and verse to it. Are we that lazy that we cannot go and search the word ourselves!

Do we not know that greater answering is required by those who are teachers? Take time out to know what you are talking about and the time it takes for you to know what it is that you want to say can be spend in the glorification of God and Jesus.

Let not such things divide us, as Jesus said, "If you desire to enter (eternal) life, obey the commandments." If 10 commandments are to much, then there are two which He speaks of that the whole Law itself hangs upon.

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement