Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Bible Topics & Study   » BURIED WITH HIM IN BAPTISM

Author Topic: BURIED WITH HIM IN BAPTISM
Eden
unregistered

Icon 5 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As for WildB, I'm sorry that he does not spill more of hiw own beans, but he does a good job at spilling other preacher's beans like Russell Miller and Cornelius Stam. Overall I have enjoyed the articles posted by WildB and I thank him for it.

But sometimes it amazes me (although there may be a reason for it) why some people always paste "other people's stuff" (although that is good too, don't get me wrong), and I wonder what the Lord has done IN THEM since they write no original material?

love, Eden
"the Lord is My Shelter"

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eden
unregistered

Icon 5 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
becauseHElives wrote to WildB
quote:
WildB...I love you and I desire you see the Truth...all I can do is pray and know in time all false teachings will be destroyed,,,,

there is only one Gospel .... it is the same Gospel Yahshua preached , Peter preached, John preached, Luke preached, Matthew preached, Mark preached, Paul preached and every other true minister of the Gospel has preached since God introduced "saved by Grace trough Faith"......

dear becauseHElives, toward the end of that list of who had preached the one Gospel, I was looking to see if you would put "who WildB preached", but I did not see it? I was [Confused] after because you said that you loved WildB, didn't you?
quote:
WildB...I love you...
How about "as WildB preached?"

love, Eden

Eden
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good article of Russell Miller. When all of us are equally sinners, then anything that happens after that can only be god's mercy and grace. When we try to make it anything more than God's mercy and grace, then we are probably talking nonsense.

love, Eden

bluefrog
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
BECAUSE HE LIVES....Are you sure that Wild B believes what he printed out for us to read?

Any of us could do that....tell a story or repeat a belief that someone else claimed was the truth. It's done frequently.

I have no way of knowing because WildB didn't say one way or the other.

Found in Him
Advanced Member
Member # 7596

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Found in Him   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Romans 6
Dead to Sin, Alive in Christ
1What shall we say, then? Shall we go on sinning so that grace may increase? 2By no means! We died to sin; how can we live in it any longer? 3Or don't you know that all of us who were baptized into Christ Jesus were baptized into his death? 4We were therefore buried with him through baptism into death in order that, just as Christ was raised from the dead through the glory of the Father, we too may live a new life.

5If we have been united with him like this in his death, we will certainly also be united with him in his resurrection. 6For we know that our old self was crucified with him so that the body of sin might be done away with,[a] that we should no longer be slaves to sin— 7because anyone who has died has been freed from sin.

8Now if we died with Christ, we believe that we will also live with him. 9For we know that since Christ was raised from the dead, he cannot die again; death no longer has mastery over him. 10The death he died, he died to sin once for all; but the life he lives, he lives to God.

11In the same way, count yourselves dead to sin but alive to God in Christ Jesus. 12Therefore do not let sin reign in your mortal body so that you obey its evil desires. 13Do not offer the parts of your body to sin, as instruments of wickedness, but rather offer yourselves to God, as those who have been brought from death to life; and offer the parts of your body to him as instruments of righteousness. 14For sin shall not be your master, because you are not under law, but under grace.

--------------------
~To Him That is able to keep you from falling and to present you before His glorious presence without fault and with great joy...to the only God our Savior be glory, majesty, power and authority, through Jesus Christ our Lord, before all ages, now and forevermore! Amen.~ Jude 24

Posts: 1503 | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
becauseHElives
Advanced Member
Member # 87

Icon 18 posted      Profile for becauseHElives   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Lord has convicted me about arguing with you WildB...I love you and I desire you see the Truth...all I can do is pray and know in time all false teachings will be destroyed,,,,

there is only one Gospel .... it is the same Gospel Yahshua preached , Peter preached, John preached, Luke preached, Matthew preached, Mark preached, Paul preached and every other true minister of the Gospel has preached since God introduced "saved by Grace trough Faith"......

--------------------
Strive to enter in at the strait gate:for many, I say unto you will seek to enter in, and shall not be able. ( Luke 13:24 )

Posts: 4578 | From: Southeast Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WildB
Member # 2917

Icon 15 posted      Profile for WildB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
by Russell S. Miller

The Apostle Paul not only preached the death of Christ but he also declared what was accomplished in the death, burial, and resurrection of Jesus Christ. This no other writer Old Testament or New, had ever done before!

"Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into His death? Therefore we are buried with Him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life" (Rom.6:3,4).

In Romans 6 Paul teaches us that when we got saved God took us back to Calvary, and made us one with the Lord Jesus Christ in His death, burial, and resurrection. Our old Adamic nature, "that old man" that we are all so ashamed of, was crucified with Christ: "Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with Him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin" (Rom.6:6). Thus "sin [is] not to reign" in our "mortal body" (6:12). And what's more, we have also "become dead to the law by the body of Christ" (Rom.7:4,6).

"Having abolished in His flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in Himself of twain one new man, so making peace" (Eph.2:15).

But not only are we made one with Jesus Christ in His death, and set gloriously free, there is another very important reason for Christ's burial, which again is only revealed in Paul's epistles.

That Adamic nature has been buried in Joseph's tomb with Christ. Yes, our sins, and that sin nature, has been put away forever out of God's sight, and we are free (Lev.16:1-34; Heb.13:10-14)! Just as Jesus Christ was actually buried, so we have been buried with Him. "Therefore," says the Apostle, "we are buried with Him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life" (Rom.6:4). Yes, this is true, it has really taken place. And because you can't reform that old sin nature, nor justify it, Paul here declares that the old Adamic sin nature must be buried, and we must reckon it to be so daily:

"Likewise reckon ye also yourselves to be dead indeed unto sin, but alive unto God through Jesus Christ our Lord" (Rom.6:11).

--------------------
That is all.....

Posts: 8775 | From: USA, MICHIGAN | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement