Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Bible Topics & Study   » Does God cry up in heaven?

Author Topic: Does God cry up in heaven?
Eden
unregistered

Icon 5 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
But God tries to lead a healthy life too... [Big Grin] But you are right, there must have been numerous times when the heart of God was torn with pain and sorrow...like when He saw what had happened to His crown creation, Adam and Eve, for instance.

love, Eden

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Found in Him
Advanced Member
Member # 7596

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Found in Him   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As a Christ believing Jew I declare that WE have TORN the heart of God more than a few times... BUT He STILL reaches...

What Mercy, What love, What an Awesome God!

--------------------
~To Him That is able to keep you from falling and to present you before His glorious presence without fault and with great joy...to the only God our Savior be glory, majesty, power and authority, through Jesus Christ our Lord, before all ages, now and forevermore! Amen.~ Jude 24

Posts: 1503 | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eden
unregistered

I do think that there were several historical happenings that seriously hurt the heart of God YHWH of Israel.

One was when the LORD had no choice but to throw the chilren of northern Ephraim-Israel off the land of Samaria, and watch His children being cut up by the Assyrians at the top of the streets and steps.

And then the LORD got another Great Pain when He had to watch the children of Judah-Israel be kicked off the land of Judah for 70 years, and God had to watch as the Babylonians cut up His children at the top of the streets and steps.

And another time God greatly suffered was when the LORD YHWH of Israel had to watch His Only Begotten Son suffer and die on that cross on earth.

And lastly, God must have suffered when He had to watch the children of Judah-Israel being kicked off the land of Judah in 70 A.D., and as His children were cut up at the top of the streets and steps, and sold into slavery in Turkey.

I think the above four events must have been EXCEPTIONALLY PAINFUL TIMES FOR OUR GOD of Israel.

love, Eden
"I'm sorry, LORD, that we were that bad"

bluefrog
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Because He Lives...Beautiful story. Thanks.
Found in Him
Advanced Member
Member # 7596

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Found in Him   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Out of the mouth of children God perfects praise!

--------------------
~To Him That is able to keep you from falling and to present you before His glorious presence without fault and with great joy...to the only God our Savior be glory, majesty, power and authority, through Jesus Christ our Lord, before all ages, now and forevermore! Amen.~ Jude 24

Posts: 1503 | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
becauseHElives
Advanced Member
Member # 87

Icon 18 posted      Profile for becauseHElives   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Does God cry?

A little girl once asked, "Mommy does God cry?"
"Don't be silly, God can't cry baby," her mother replied.

"But what about when He looks down from Heaven above
And sees all the people who needs His love?

And what about when He looks down and sees
The playground kids fall and scrape their knees?

Or how about Aunt Jane who can't have baby girls or boys?
Or what about the poor kids who gets no Christmas toys?

Maybe God would cry if He lived with my friend Tommy.
Whose daddy beats and bruises him and his mommy.

Or maybe if He looked down and saw people being killed,
I think He'd surely have eyes that are tear filled.

But I think most of all, mommy, what would have made God cry,
Is when He looked down at the cross and watched His baby die."

The mother stood in silence as her eyes filled with tears,
For she knew her little girl was wise beyond her years.

Staring into deep blue eyes, the mother found courage to say,
"Yes baby girl, I think God looks down and cries every day."

--------------------
Strive to enter in at the strait gate:for many, I say unto you will seek to enter in, and shall not be able. ( Luke 13:24 )

Posts: 4578 | From: Southeast Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bluefrog
unregistered

Jesus Wept pretty much says it all doesn't it.
bluefrog
unregistered

WildB..but like it says "the voice of thy brothers blood...." Our life is in the blood. But this not God crying, it is the blood of Able.

me thinks.

WildB
Member # 2917

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WildB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gen.4

[10] And he said, What hast thou done? the voice of thy brother's blood crieth unto me from the ground

--------------------
That is all.....

Posts: 8775 | From: USA, MICHIGAN | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Found in Him
Advanced Member
Member # 7596

subject: Does God cry up in heaven?

My personal response.. I do believe so.

The shortest verse of the bible reads "Jesus wept" We serve a God that is deeply affected by our unwillingness to recognize our great need for Himelf. He wept, and I believe with all of my heart that He still does.

How would it feel to you to see a blind child run out in front of a car-- you dash to save her and succeed. She stands up unharmed and resists your compassion for her and dashes in front of another car escaping your care to her death??

So it is with those who reject Him. He did everything He could do to make provision for our eternity. Some still resist.

Jeremiah 48
“Therefore My heart wails for Moab like flutes; My heart also wails like flutes for the men of Kir-heres.

Hosea 11
8 How can I give you up, O Ephraim?
How can I surrender you, O Israel?
How can I make you like Admah?
How can I treat you like Zeboiim?
My heart is turned over within Me,
All My compassions are kindled.

Also...
Hebrews 4
15 For we do not have a high priest who is unable to sympathize with our weaknesses...

--------------------

Eden
unregistered

Does God cry up in heaven? I've been reading this moving Christian book about a woman chaplain's experiences in a Children's Ward for encephalus (big head) and the book has made me cry a number of times already.

I was wondering, does God also cry up in heaven, and does He cry often, considering the pain and the suffering that HE must see 24/7, and 365 days a year?

Or is God always calm and always in great joy eventhough He can see all the things that I was reading about in Ann Herrmann's paperback, Go Out In Joy?

Does God cry up in heaven?

love, Eden

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement