Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Bible Topics & Study   » The 'Good' Samaritan!

Author Topic: The 'Good' Samaritan!
bluefrog
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
AMEN AGAIN!
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Michael Harrison
Advanced Member
Member # 6801

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Michael Harrison     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If a house is divided against itself, it cannot stand.
Posts: 3273 | From: Charlotte N.C. | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bluefrog
unregistered

AMEN !
Found in Him
Advanced Member
Member # 7596

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Found in Him   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Michael Harrison:
You know the trouble with that 'found nm' is that you cannot "love the Lord your God with all your heart, soul, mind and strength," except one way only. That is not by 'doing'.

I think Jesus would say "get behind me satan!" to someone twisting His words!

--------------------
~To Him That is able to keep you from falling and to present you before His glorious presence without fault and with great joy...to the only God our Savior be glory, majesty, power and authority, through Jesus Christ our Lord, before all ages, now and forevermore! Amen.~ Jude 24

Posts: 1503 | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Michael Harrison
Advanced Member
Member # 6801

Icon 15 posted      Profile for Michael Harrison     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
onely in Christ, you are right! And I believe that your faith is being tested, and you are failing. Are we still in 'contrast?'
Posts: 3273 | From: Charlotte N.C. | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Michael Harrison
Advanced Member
Member # 6801

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Michael Harrison     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You know the trouble with that 'found nm' is that you cannot "love the Lord your God with all your heart, soul, mind and strength," except one way only. That is not by 'doing'.
oneinchrist
Advanced Member
Member # 6532

Icon 1 posted      Profile for oneinchrist     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Michael,
I believe that our faith is tested.......and the Word of God is the measuring rod.

If you do not believe that our faith is tested, that is where you and I stand in strong contrast.

With love in Christ, Daniel

Posts: 1389 | From: Wind Lake, WI | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Found in Him
Advanced Member
Member # 7596

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Found in Him   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
One day a lawyer came to Jesus and asked, "What should I do to get to heaven?"

Jesus answered, "What does the law say?"

"You should love the Lord with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind; and your neighbor as yourself," the lawyer replied.

"That's right," Jesus said. "If you do all of that, you will be able to get to heaven."

But the lawyer, thinking he could ask Jesus a question that could not be answered, asked, "But who is my neighbor?"

Jesus answered him by telling this story:

One day, a man who was traveling from a far away city, suddenly met up with a group of thieves. The thieves took everything he had, and then they beat him up and left him lying half dead by the side of the road.

As he lay there in pain and misery, he heard footsteps. "Ah! Someone is coming!" he thought. "I hope he will help me! . . . I hope it isn't one of the same men who beat me up, coming back to find out if I am dead." He waited and listened for what seemed like hours, as the footsteps faded in the distance.

It happened to be a priest who came by, but when he saw the man lying beside the road, he decided to take a different road because he was in a hurry and didn't want to be bothered.

priest passing by

The poor man was certainly glad that it wasn't one of the robbers, but he surely wished SOMEBODY would come along to help him.

After a little while, he heard footsteps again.... He wanted to call out and get the attention of the person walking by, but he was in so much pain, all he could do was moan. "Maybe this person will see me and help me," he thought anxiously.

This time the man who passed by was a Levite, a well-known teacher in the temple. SURELY HE would want to help the poor man. But when he saw the man lying on the side of the road, he looked down . . . then turned his head . . . then walked right by, completely ignoring the poor, hurting man.

It wasn't long until the man heard ANOTHER set of footsteps. He wanted to believe that this person would reach down to help him, but he had already been passed by twice and dared not even hope for relief. By this time, he had given up all hope and was sure he was going to die right there on the side of the road.

The man who was traveling down the road this time was a stranger from Samaria. Nobody even liked people from Samaria. It was very unlikely that he would want to help. But as he passed by, he noticed the man who was lying beaten and bloody on the side of the road. He felt sorry for him and wanted to help. He got off his donkey and bent down next to the man to get a closer look at the wounds. Gently, he wrapped bandages around the sores and helped him to his feet. THEN . . . he carefully put the man on his very own donkey, and took him to the nearest hotel. He stayed with the man overnight and took care of him.

good Samaritan helping

The next morning he had to leave, but he knew he couldn't take the man with him. When he paid the bill, he gave the innkeeper extra money, saying, "Take care of him, feed him, and make sure he has everything he needs. If he owes you any money after he gets well and leaves, write it down, and I will pay the bill the next time I come by."

Jesus, after finishing the story, asked the lawyer, "Which of these three men was a neighbor to the stranger on the street?"

The lawyer sheepishly answered, "The one who stopped and helped him."

And Jesus said, "That's right. Now YOU go and do the same."

--------------------
~To Him That is able to keep you from falling and to present you before His glorious presence without fault and with great joy...to the only God our Savior be glory, majesty, power and authority, through Jesus Christ our Lord, before all ages, now and forevermore! Amen.~ Jude 24

Posts: 1503 | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Michael Harrison
Advanced Member
Member # 6801

Posh Spice! I am on east coast time. I have things to do. Maybe I'll get another bite of that carrot cake I just made. Then it's to other things.
Michael Harrison
Advanced Member
Member # 6801

Oh, you had a cheat note. Most people believe that David 'killed' Goliath with the stone. They don't 'read'. They don't read the Bible the way it was written. Therefore they run about speaking from inaccurate conclusions.
Found in Him
Advanced Member
Member # 7596

Goliath was a nine-foot-tall soldier from Gath. He bragged that he could beat any Israelite soldier who would fight him. But all the Israelite soldiers were afraid to fight him.
David was a young shepherd boy who believed in God. He said, "The Lord who delivered me from the paw of the lion and from the paw of the bear, will deliver me from the hand of this Philistine." David took his sling and five smooth stones from the brook. Then he went to fight Goliath.
King Saul wanted to put his heavy armor and helmet on David. He also tried to give David a big sword, but David said he could not wear them. He knew that his strength and protection came from God.
Goliath cursed the boy coming out to fight him. David said to the Philistine, "You come against me with sword and spear and javelin; but I come against you in the name of the Lord Almighty, the God of the armies of Israel, whom you have defied."
David threw a stone with his sling at Goliath. It hit Goliath in the forehead and the giant fell face down. Without a sword in his hand he struck down the giant and killed him.*(See note below)
David believed in God, and God helped him win over the giant.

* The giant fell when the stone hit him. Then David used the giant's own sword to kill him.

--------------------

Michael Harrison
Advanced Member
Member # 6801

Become broken!
Michael Harrison
Advanced Member
Member # 6801

Icon 15 posted      Profile for Michael Harrison     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You want to 'do' instead of have. You insist!
Found in Him
Advanced Member
Member # 7596

Goliath cursed the boy coming out to fight him. David said to the Philistine, "You come against me with sword and spear and javelin; but I come against you in the name of the Lord Almighty, the God of the armies of Israel, whom you have defied."

--------------------

Michael Harrison
Advanced Member
Member # 6801

I am glad that you are so observant. Most think that David hit Goliath with a stone, and killed him. Yet, why are you not more observant of other things?
Found in Him
Advanced Member
Member # 7596

King Saul wanted to put his heavy armor and helmet on David. He also tried to give David a big sword, but David said he could not wear them. He knew that his strength and protection came from God.

--------------------

Michael Harrison
Advanced Member
Member # 6801

Icon 8 posted      Profile for Michael Harrison     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If any one of you dissagree, you dissagree. I'm fine with that. And FWIW you do so before the Lord. But who are you to continually assault me? Are you really in the camp of the Lord? Or are you threatened by something I say. I say, if you are secure in the Lord, you do not need to say petty and threatening things. Just how secure are you then?

If you can make your case, do so. I rest mine. If you are convinced of yourself, be so. What can I say?

Found in Him
Advanced Member
Member # 7596

David threw a stone with his sling at Goliath. It hit Goliath in the forehead and the giant fell face down. Without a sword in his hand he struck down the giant and killed him.
David believed in God, and God helped him win over the giant.

The giant fell when the stone hit him. Then David used the giant's own sword to kill him.

--------------------

Michael Harrison
Advanced Member
Member # 6801

Oh! You meant cIII [happyhappy]
Michael Harrison
Advanced Member
Member # 6801

[Confused]

Who's leaving? You are an antagonist. Preach to me about love. You called yourself something the other day, brat, or something. I suggest the proper interpretation would be squirt!

Ten HUT!

bluefrog
unregistered

Good ! But the rest of us appreciate you, so don't go way mad.
Michael Harrison
Advanced Member
Member # 6801

I can just hear the Lord saying, "How long have I been with you, yet still you don't understand?" Oneinchrist, we have discussed this very thing thirty or more times, you and I.

quote:
In regards to receiving the gift of the Holy Ghost:
I would agree that we cannot earn it because it is a gift received by grace through faith.

In regards to sanctification:
There is sanctification(washing) by the word and sanctification(renewing) by the Holy Ghost. To be sanctified by the word, I must first hear and then obey the word, and to be sanctified by the Holy Ghost I must submit to Him.
The test of our faith/obedience is a test of how convinced we are that the word of God is true. If Jesus does it all for us---then there is hardly a test.

Show me what is not a gift? Make a list and show me. Whatsoever is not a gift, you have to earn. You cannot earn anything. Whatsoever! But you are determined. You are not alone.

To be sanctified by the Holy Ghost, you must submit to Him? That sounds like a 'faith' thing. "For whatsoever is not of faith, is sin," no? Can you submit any other way?

What test? Why are you determined that you must be tested? Would that not be 'earning' also? Let me put it this way: If Jesus does not do it all for us (you), YOU FAIL!

So much for the test.

Clyde Fultz III
unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by bluefrog:
Clyde....Perhaps you don't understand what I meant, ie, Another one bites the dust.

All of us on this board have been told how sorry we are by our darlin Michael. When you came on he welcomed you because FINALLY he had a blueblood to reason with. You blew it. Now your just as sorry as the rest of us. ie, Another one bites the dust. Comprendo? [updown]

yasir [Razz]
Michael Harrison
Advanced Member
Member # 6801

No bf, I was being facetious, but in a friendly manner. God knows your heart before you speak.

And I'm broken hearted to be rejected. Not! I am broken heart in that you receive not the truth.

cIII> I made a decision to post primarily in my own posts. Anyone is invited. However, you have participated in 'my' post, to tell me you will not participate in my posts?

Ok, you sed "metaphorically speaking!" Huh-huh! I don't think so. For then one would be speaking of the sacrifice of Cain, who thought he could 'do' his own thing, and God would accept it. How far can one repent? The answer is - all the way. How far is 'all the way?' The answer is, till it is no longer you that live, but Christ.

bluefrog
unregistered

Clyde....Perhaps you don't understand what I meant, ie, Another one bites the dust.

All of us on this board have been told how sorry we are by our darlin Michael. When you came on he welcomed you because FINALLY he had a blueblood to reason with. You blew it. Now your just as sorry as the rest of us. ie, Another one bites the dust. Comprendo? [updown]

Clyde Fultz III
unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by bluefrog:
Oh Oh, another one bites the dust. [crying]

No No. I was saying that I no longer wish to converse with someone who refuses to see things differently then that which is asserted as absolute. I came here to socialize with brothers and sisters and that I will do.
oneinchrist
Advanced Member
Member # 6532

Icon 1 posted      Profile for oneinchrist     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello Michael,
I would like to adress this statement of yours from one of your earlier posts..........

"So to be exact, perfection, as sanctification, is a gift. You can only "have" it. You cannot earn it. You cannot accomplish it. But you can avoid it."

In regards to receiving the gift of the Holy Ghost:
I would agree that we cannot earn it because it is a gift received by grace through faith.

In regards to sanctification:
There is sanctification(washing) by the word and sanctification(renewing) by the Holy Ghost. To be sanctified by the word, I must first hear and then obey the word, and to be sanctified by the Holy Ghost I must submit to Him.
The test of our faith/obedience is a test of how convinced we are that the word of God is true. If Jesus does it all for us---then there is hardly a test.

Do you not see that both of these truths co-exist in harmony in the life of a Christian?....

--That we are sanctified by the spirit in our obedience to the Word of God(truth) and....

--That we are sanctified by the spirit in allowing Him to transform our character into Christ-likeness.

You continue to claim that Jesus is the One that does the obeying, but the truth is that Jesus gives us a "helper".......and a "helper" teaches, guides, reveals, instructs........but He still leaves room for each of us to make the choice to respond in faith.

I totally respect the Holy desire that you have, and that we should all have, that Jesus be the One who receives all the glory and all the honor. We, who believe in obedience to the faith, believe in it, because we know that it is for the Holy purpose of "Sanctifying of the Lords Name" among the people.

All in all, I would disagree with you if you do not think that there is a test of our obedience towards the Lord........but where I would agree with you is that God deserves all the Glory and credit for all things pertaining to this life and life eternal.

With love in Christ, Daniel

Posts: 1389 | From: Wind Lake, WI | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bluefrog
unregistered

Oh Oh, another one bites the dust. [crying]
Clyde Fultz III
unregistered

quote:
harmany?

Perchance, may I impose upon you to 'reason' with God, even as you yourself said in another post, rather than with me?

quote:
If your intentions are intentionaly meant to mislead, then anathema are you. Even as Paul reckoned even upon angels if they were to do the same. But if you are not intentionally misleading, then my fellow human, I beckon to you, "Come and let us reason together!"
Do I stand 'before' God? Am I not accountable? How do you charge me so? If one is mislead, he is mislead by his or her own lusts. I am not responsible for it. Rather, I seek that you discover the error, and repent.

Who said it? Solomon! "There is a way that seems right to a man, but the end thereof is destruction." If you are unteachable, nothing more can be said. But you will have heard things that will be a judgment against you. And they are in scripture. Only read it the way it is written.

My words, Michael, were, "anathema are you" and not, "anathema you are". If I did say, "anathema you are", then I do stand in judgment towards you. I accurse you not, but let your own words be your own accusation. To reword what I said, "Anathema are you IF your intentions are intentionally meant to mislead." So it is, as you told me to go away and reason with God instead, I will not reason with you anymore. Where reasoning is not accepted, neither is there love in that place. This error I have discovered and I do repent in participating in such. If and when the Light does shine upon the error of twisted-words of yours, I hope your arms will be wide opened to accept me back in our unified enquiry into the will of God. Until our paths meets again, may God have mercy.
Found in Him
Advanced Member
Member # 7596

Memo to self:

Jesus Christ sits at the right hand of The Father. He sent His Spirit into my heart at salvation.

I am:
A Child of God
A new creation
An able bodied servant
A member of The Body of Christ
A sister of the beloved
Redeemed

I am NOT:
a nut
a lazy person
confused
full of hot air

--------------------

Eden
unregistered

Icon 5 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi, Michael Harrison, you wote
quote:
Luk 10:33 But a certain Samaritan, as he journeyed, came where he was: and when he saw him, he had compassion on him,

Luk 10:34 And went to him, and bound up his wounds, pouring in oil and wine, and set him on his own beast, and brought him to an inn, and took care of him.

Luk 10:35 And on the morrow when he departed, he took out two pence, and gave them to the host, and said unto him, Take care of him; and whatsoever thou spendest more, when I come again, I will repay thee.

I do think that we ourselves, even without the Spirit of God, can do what the good Samaritan decided to do. But I also think that Jesus Christ IN us can do it BETTER than I can do it, so I say to God Jesus IN me, I trust that You will love people with YOUR love.

That is, with the love of the TREASURE that is in me, in this vessel. This vessel can probably do what the Samaritan did, but JESUS IN me as the TREASURE can love the injured man even better than I can.

Galatians 2
20 I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ lives in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

That is, only the Son of God IN me has the "faith of the Son of God", and THAT kind of faith is needed for a good life.

So when I say to God Jesus, Okay, YOU live YOUR life in me on my behalf, and like Moses by the Red Sea, I will "stand still" and "watch the Lord work", or to put it in Paul's term, "I cease from my own works" so that Jesus Christ IN me can life His life IN me which I CAN NEVER LIVE.

Hebrews 4:10
For he who is entered into his rest, he also has ceased from his own works, as God did from his.

But ONLY Jesus Christ can live HIS life in me, ONLY IF I STOP TRYING TO LIVE MY LIFE again with all its "filthy rag righteousnesses".

Even our so-called "love" is mostly dirty love, but the love INSIDE Jesus, only He had that kind of love. It is HIS, not mine. We cannot manufacture that kind of love no matter "how much we try"; that love belongs to the "treasure" and NOT to the "vessel":

2 Corinthians 4:7
But we have this treasure in earthen vessels, that the excellency of the power may be of God, and not of us.

Only Jesus can be Jesus in us. We CANNOT become Christlike. For this God has NOT repaired us but has already crucified us with Christ, because we as descendants of Adam and Eve are "hopelessly corrupt".

It is only when we STOP TRYING TO BE GOOD that Jesus can BE GOOD IN US, for us.

love, Eden

Found in Him
Advanced Member
Member # 7596

Michael Harrison wrote...I will cheat for ya, though, in the darkness of your heart you will not get it. The parable of the Samaritan is a description of the 'heart' of God. (And I even said it.) It is more of a description of Jesus Christ. But the reader would rather interpret is as referring to the believer. Yet, the believer apart from Jesus Christ, is incapable of bearing fruit in service as illustrated by the parable. But his 'good' intentions motivate him. Yet his 'good' intentions are of the flesh, for he is not yet "Dead to self." And His good intentions are detailed as follows in these passages:

So, GET your bible and read, lest the sword of the Lord devour you!

~~~~~~~

This is sad, sad business here Michael!!!
You said that the parable of the good Samaritan was a description of God's heart???

YOU GET your bible and read it!!!

Or better yet... read below what CHRIST had to say about HIS parable....

Luke 10:36"Which of these three do you think was a neighbor to the man who fell into the hands of robbers?"

37The expert in the law replied, "The one who had mercy on him."

Look HERE MICHAEL >>>>>>>Jesus told him, "Go and do likewise."<<<<<<<<<<

WHAT DO YOU NOT UNDERSTAND ABOUT GO AND DO LIKEWISE????

DO you think that YOUR words and teaching are BETTER than The Lords???

This is preposterous that you continue this!

You have the audacity to threaten the sword of the Lord devour on God's people???

--------------------

bluefrog
unregistered

No Clyde, he doesn't mean that unless he has changed his mind or forgot what he said before.

You see....we are not capable of love.

How does that grab ya?

Besides we are not capable of understanding God's Word.

Why does he waste his time on us wretched morons anyway?

Clyde Fultz III
unregistered

Although it took 5 messages from you in this post to understand what you were conveying, I now understand that you were metaphorically speaking. Are you saying that we are to show compassion, that is, to show perfect love, towards one another? Are we to be perfect in love as our Father is?
Michael Harrison
Advanced Member
Member # 6801

Thanks clyde fulton III for that response. You illustrate well what I am speaking about. I will give you credit though, and a little thanks, in that you went back and read it.
Michael Harrison
Advanced Member
Member # 6801

Icon 4 posted      Profile for Michael Harrison     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
maybe the parable was about Yahshua,but that's not the understanding Yahshua wants the hearer to go away with.....

Yahshua wanted the hearer to understand religion stinks.... in the end, when all things are revealed only the love you allow to flow trough you from the heart of Yahweh will be of any eternal reward!

Huh? What do you think I have been saying for a year now? And on the rest of the stuff you posted, have you ever noticed the last line:

quote:
37Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, and fed thee? or thirsty, and gave thee drink?
38When saw we thee a stranger, and took thee in? or naked, and clothed thee?
39Or when saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee?

40And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.

This is YOUR WAKE up call. For the very people HE refers to, you despise! And do I need to point this out to you becausehelives, that in the parable about the Samaritan HE is referring to how 'strangers' are to be treated. But in the passages you have given, He is not referring to strangers, but to the treatment given to one's very own brethren. Judging from some of your posts, you need to take heed. For this is not referring to treatment of the sinner, but of the saint.
WildB
Member # 2917

Icon 17 posted      Profile for WildB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lets just say that, YOU MICHAEL, knows the word and nobody eles.

Whats your next plan of action?

--------------------
That is all.....

Posts: 8775 | From: USA, MICHIGAN | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Clyde Fultz III
unregistered

quote:
Not one of you is capable of reading the word of God objectively. I suggest that you return to the top of the thread and re-read the message. For no one addressed the intent, but rather, in the imagination of his or her heart, addressed the poster out of his or her own agenda.

So that I will do. What did the injured man do to save himself, Michael?
Michael Harrison
Advanced Member
Member # 6801

I will cheat for ya, though, in the darkness of your heart you will not get it. The parable of the Samaritan is a description of the 'heart' of God. (And I even said it.) It is more of a description of Jesus Christ. But the reader would rather interpret is as referring to the believer. Yet, the believer apart from Jesus Christ, is incapable of bearing fruit in service as illustrated by the parable. But his 'good' intentions motivate him. Yet his 'good' intentions are of the flesh, for he is not yet "Dead to self." And His good intentions are detailed as follows in these passages:

1Co 3:12 Now if any man build upon this foundation gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, stubble;
1Co 3:13 Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is.
1Co 3:14 If any man's work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward.
1Co 3:15 If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire.

So, GET your bible and read, lest the sword of the Lord devour you!

Michael Harrison
Advanced Member
Member # 6801

Icon 8 posted      Profile for Michael Harrison     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not one of you is capable of reading the word of God objectively. I suggest that you return to the top of the thread and re-read the message. For no one addressed the intent, but rather, in the imagination of his or her heart, addressed the poster out of his or her own agenda.
Michael Harrison
Advanced Member
Member # 6801

harmany?

Perchance, may I impose upon you to 'reason' with God, even as you yourself said in another post, rather than with me?

quote:
If your intentions are intentionaly meant to mislead, then anathema are you. Even as Paul reckoned even upon angels if they were to do the same. But if you are not intentionally misleading, then my fellow human, I beckon to you, "Come and let us reason together!"
Do I stand 'before' God? Am I not accountable? How do you charge me so? If one is mislead, he is mislead by his or her own lusts. I am not responsible for it. Rather, I seek that you discover the error, and repent.

Who said it? Solomon! "There is a way that seems right to a man, but the end thereof is destruction." If you are unteachable, nothing more can be said. But you will have heard things that will be a judgment against you. And they are in scripture. Only read it the way it is written.

Clyde Fultz III
unregistered

quote:
[Prayer] What did the injured man do to 'save' himself?

From one human to another,
I fear for you. I do not know if you unintentionly or purposely take the vast amount of stuff you speak about out of context or not. But I do know that it is not the Spirit of God which speaks to you, as that which you speak of, not only here, but also in many others messages, is not in harmany with the word of God.
Your intentions are honorable, but I ask you this. Is not love patient and not ill-mannered? Does not the one who has the love of God dwelling inside, speak the truth? Therefore, know you the love of God, that as He is, so are you here.

becauseHElives
Advanced Member
Member # 87

Icon 15 posted      Profile for becauseHElives   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Michael Harrison how can you so completely miss the message Yahshua was driving home to those He was speaking and the message He want the Church to understand....

Luke 10:

36 Which of these three do you think proved himself a neighbor to him who fell among the robbers?

37 He answered, The one who showed pity and mercy to him. And Jesus said to him, Go and do likewise.

Jesus said to him, Go and do likewise.

maybe the parable was about Yahshua,but that's not the understanding Yahshua wants the hearer to go away with.....

Yahshua wanted the hearer to understand religion stinks.... in the end, when all things are revealed only the love you allow to flow trough you from the heart of Yahweh will be of any eternal reward!

Yahshua said to him, Go and do likewise.

Matthew 25:33And he shall set the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on the left.

34Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:

35For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in:

36Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me.

37Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, and fed thee? or thirsty, and gave thee drink?

38When saw we thee a stranger, and took thee in? or naked, and clothed thee?

39Or when saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee?

40And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.

--------------------
Strive to enter in at the strait gate:for many, I say unto you will seek to enter in, and shall not be able. ( Luke 13:24 )

Posts: 4578 | From: Southeast Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Found in Him
Advanced Member
Member # 7596

Michael,

With all do respect. Isn't this a parable "called" the good Samaritan? Isn't this an example of how WE ARE to LOVE like the good Samaritan?

We WERE dead in sins. NOW we are alive and ABLE to go forward and LOVE like this Samaritan!

Don't you see the Savior giving you a different, transformed heart to LOVE with???

Love is just like faith... You EXERCISE love Michael, by doing it.

--------------------

Michael Harrison
Advanced Member
Member # 6801

Luk 10:33 But a certain Samaritan, as he journeyed, came where he was: and when he saw him, he had compassion on him,
Luk 10:34 And went to him, and bound up his wounds, pouring in oil and wine, and set him on his own beast, and brought him to an inn, and took care of him.
Luk 10:35 And on the morrow when he departed, he took out two pence, and gave them to the host, and said unto him, Take care of him; and whatsoever thou spendest more, when I come again, I will repay thee.

Who does this represent? Jesus (God) is speaking of Himself.
Notice: He 'found' the injured man.

He had 'compassion' on him.

He poured oil and wine, the Spirit and the Blood, upon the man to make him well.

He 'carried' him, by putting him on a beast.

He stayed by his side till he recovered some.

He payed for the injured man's 'keep'.

He promised to pay whatever more was necessary. In other words, HE paid the price!

[Prayer] What did the injured man do to 'save' himself?

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement