Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Bible Topics & Study   » ARE YOU READY?

Author Topic: ARE YOU READY?
Found in Him
Advanced Member
Member # 7596

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Found in Him   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
WildB wrote....."But none of these things move me, neither count I my life dear unto myself, so that I might finish my course with joy, and the ministry which I have received of the Lord Jesus, to testify the gospel [good news] of the grace of God" (Acts 20:24).

Yes, and in his last recorded words before Nero beheaded him, Paul said:

"I am now ready to be offered, and the time of my departure is at hand. I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith. Henceforth there is laid up for me a crown..." (II Tim. 4:6-8).

What a triumphant way to go! And you, my friend, can go that way too -- if you can say with Paul, "I am ready."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You know, I know the life Paul lived before his miraculous conversion to The Lord is under the blood-- But when you consider Paul's last words here and think of the regret that Paul -could- have been pondering right before his death. It makes grace come to life. He considered himself the "chiefest of sinners" while he walked the Earth and ministered. In his death, He was pleased for keeping the faith and was "ready" to be with The Lord. That's a beautiful end.

--------------------
~To Him That is able to keep you from falling and to present you before His glorious presence without fault and with great joy...to the only God our Savior be glory, majesty, power and authority, through Jesus Christ our Lord, before all ages, now and forevermore! Amen.~ Jude 24

Posts: 1503 | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WildB
Member # 2917

Icon 15 posted      Profile for WildB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
by Cornelius R. Stam

I wonder what finally became of Molotov? Most of us know only that he was expelled from the Communist Party and was later recalled to Moscow to answer for what Kruschev, of all people, called "barbarous crimes"! Molotov, "the hammer," was active in the Communist Revolution since 15 years of age. A close friend of Stalin, he served Soviet Russia variously as Secretary of the Central Committee, Premier of USSR, its Foreign Minister and its Representative to the UN.

But in 1957 Kruschev, jealous of Stalin's popularity, dismissed Molotov from the Presidium and sent him away as ambassador to 'Outer Mongolia'. Now disgraced along with his old friend Stalin, this once popular hero of the Soviets was discarded by the system he championed. Pathetic, but he deserved it.

Contrast this with the Apostle Paul. He had been great, prospering in his religion above many of his equals, being "more exceedingly zealous" of the traditions of his fathers (Gal. 1:14). But he gave all this up and counted it loss for "the excellency of the knowledge of Christ." Serving Christ amid unceasing persecution, he said:

"But none of these things move me, neither count I my life dear unto myself, so that I might finish my course with joy, and the ministry which I have received of the Lord Jesus, to testify the gospel [good news] of the grace of God" (Acts 20:24).

Yes, and in his last recorded words before Nero beheaded him, Paul said:

"I am now ready to be offered, and the time of my departure is at hand. I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith. Henceforth there is laid up for me a crown..." (II Tim. 4:6-8).

What a triumphant way to go! And you, my friend, can go that way too -- if you can say with Paul, "I am ready."

"Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and thou shalt be saved" (Acts 16:31).

--------------------
That is all.....

Posts: 8775 | From: USA, MICHIGAN | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement