Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Bible Topics & Study   » a ticket to the world-to-come

Author Topic: a ticket to the world-to-come
bluefrog
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OK, now I get it. Duhhhh
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eden
unregistered

Icon 5 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Eden had written
quote:
This will probably be the only security line where you will look good with lots of blood on you.
bluefrog then asked
quote:
How's that Eden. I don't know what ya mean.
What I meant was is that the "homeland security line into heaven" is the ONLY "security line" in which "having LOTS OF BLOOD OF JESUS on you" while you stand in the line, is the BEST thing to have on; the more blood the better. In all other "homeland security lines", NO blood is better, lest ye be taken in for "furda questioning".

love, Eden

bluefrog
unregistered

How's that Eden. I don't know what ya mean.
Eden
unregistered

Found in Him wrote
quote:
bluefrog wrote....ok, when I said go thru the security line, I was trying to say that you don't get a ride unless you are saved. Then I said we don't take anything with us that wears or need anything.
This will probably be the only security line where you will look good with lots of blood on you.

love, Eden

Found in Him
Advanced Member
Member # 7596

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Found in Him   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
bluefrog wrote....ok, when I said go thru the security line, I was trying to say that you don't get a ride unless you are saved. Then I said we don't take anything with us that wears or need anything.

That is my two cents worth back.

I know what you are sayin.

--------------------
~To Him That is able to keep you from falling and to present you before His glorious presence without fault and with great joy...to the only God our Savior be glory, majesty, power and authority, through Jesus Christ our Lord, before all ages, now and forevermore! Amen.~ Jude 24

Posts: 1503 | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eden
unregistered

Found in Him wrote
quote:
I'm saying that He died for more than a ticket.

I owe Him my life, I owe a debt of gratitude and praise and a life and heart that glorifies The Life giver.

What He has accomplished should not be viewed as a ticket but a debt of gratitude.

Of course. I'm very thankful for all Jesus had to do to get this ticket to the world-to-come for me. These are precious tickets indeed.

love, Eden

bluefrog
unregistered

ok, when I said go thru the security line, I was trying to say that you don't get a ride unless you are saved. Then I said we don't take anything with us that wears or need anything.

That is my two cents worth back.

Found in Him
Advanced Member
Member # 7596

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Found in Him   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm saying that He died for more than a ticket.

I owe Him my life, I owe a debt of gratitude and praise and a life and heart that glorifies The Life giver.

What He has accomplished should not be viewed as a ticket but a debt of gratitude.

That's my two cents for the day.

--------------------
~To Him That is able to keep you from falling and to present you before His glorious presence without fault and with great joy...to the only God our Savior be glory, majesty, power and authority, through Jesus Christ our Lord, before all ages, now and forevermore! Amen.~ Jude 24

Posts: 1503 | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bluefrog
unregistered

FOUND IN HIM...Are you saying that if you want to board that plane you must first go through the security line ?

Come to think of it...I don't guess we will be taking anything with us. Jesus is taking care of our luggage by leaving it. They may check us for concealed items huh ? You mean we can't take a camera ?

Found in Him
Advanced Member
Member # 7596

If anyone comes to Me, and does not hate his own father and mother and wife and children and brothers and sisters, yes, and even his own life, he cannot be My disciple. Whoever does not carry his own cross and come after Me cannot be My disciple. For which one of you, when he wants to build a tower, does not first sit down and count the cost, to see if he has enough to complete it? Otherwise, when he has laid a foundation, and is not able to finish, all who observe it begin to ridicule him, saying, "This man began to build and was not able to finish." Or what king, when he sets out to meet another king in battle, will not first sit down and take counsel whether he is strong enough with ten thousand men to encounter the one coming against him with twenty thousand? Or else, while the other is still far away, he sends a delegation and asks terms of peace. So therefore, no one of you can be My disciple who does not give up all his own possessions. (Luke 14:26-33)

Sometimes it costs a bunch brother. Count the cost. Jesus is worth every cost...but He says to count the cost.

Our salvation cost Him His life...

--------------------

Eden
unregistered

We don't hear much preaching about getting a ticket to the world-to-come, but to me it is the most prized ticket on earth.

Luke 18:30
Who shall [not] receive manifold more in this present time, and in the world to come life everlasting.

And I get that ticket by believing that Jesus of Nazareth was crucified on my behalf and that Jesus of Nazareth was raised from the dead on the third day.

As precious as that ticket to the world-to-come is, it's even more amazing to me how little I have to do to get such a ticket to the world-to-come!

love, Eden

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement