Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Bible Topics & Study   » THE WISDOM OF THIS WORLD

Author Topic: THE WISDOM OF THIS WORLD
Found in Him
Advanced Member
Member # 7596

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Found in Him   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Matt 24:30 Do you see this as second coming or catching away?
Mark 13:20 Do you see this as 'shortened' for gentile grace dispensation or Jewish Nation in tribulation?

The reason I ask is Mark 13:32-37 speaks of a "thief" like event vs. Mark 13:26 speaks of all men seeing Him in His coming.

Same in Matt 24:30 all nations see Him coming vs. Matt 24: 40-41 "thief" like event.

???

--------------------
~To Him That is able to keep you from falling and to present you before His glorious presence without fault and with great joy...to the only God our Savior be glory, majesty, power and authority, through Jesus Christ our Lord, before all ages, now and forevermore! Amen.~ Jude 24

Posts: 1503 | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bluefrog
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I said several things. Sure of What ?
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Found in Him
Advanced Member
Member # 7596

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Found in Him   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ARE YOU SURE???

-

--------------------
~To Him That is able to keep you from falling and to present you before His glorious presence without fault and with great joy...to the only God our Savior be glory, majesty, power and authority, through Jesus Christ our Lord, before all ages, now and forevermore! Amen.~ Jude 24

Posts: 1503 | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bluefrog
unregistered

Found in Him, my answers are found in Matthew and Mark and Revelations. I will give you key verses to answer your questions but that won't be helpful unless you read the chapter around it.

Matthew 24:30

Mark 13: 20 and 26

Revelation 9:10 (7 years to 5 months)

As for your age and when Christ returns...I would never speak to a woman about her age and who knows when Christ will return.

Found in Him
Advanced Member
Member # 7596

bluefrog wrote....Funny you mentioned the rapture here. I take it you believe in the Anytime Rapture. I'm not going to get into that with you though. I think that whichever the case is you will be strong enough and wise enough to handle whatever happens if you are still alive at that time.

hehehe.... am I that old that I might kick the bucket any day now?? LOL.

I agree about getting into a rapture debate, I don't know if I can take being dogpiled again today.

2 questions from your viewpoint on rapture tho. You believe rapture won't happen before:

1. man of lawlessness is revealed.
2. abomination that causes desecration is set up.

--------------------

bluefrog
unregistered

I never said that Eden. I know better. rivit
bluefrog
unregistered

FOUND IN HIM...Subj: The wisdom of this world.

I had asked you to tell me why you spoke of persecution above.

Thank you. I didn't catch what you were talking about. Now I do. The verses that you show do not use the word persecution in my bible,but it means the same thing.

Funny you mentioned the rapture here. I take it you believe in the Anytime Rapture. I'm not going to get into that with you though. I think that whichever the case is you will be strong enough and wise enough to handle whatever happens if you are still alive at that time.

Eden
unregistered

Icon 5 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Found in Him wrote to Eden
quote:
With all do [sic] respect, I was responding to bluefrog. You may post as you wish, but I'm sure that you do not understand what I was saying.
I may indeed post as I wish and it's true that sometimes I due [sic] not understand what you are saying. And as bluefrog might say, "can you please say it MY way?"

love, Eden

Found in Him
Advanced Member
Member # 7596

With all do respect Eden...I was responding to bluefrog. You may post as you wish, but I'm sure that you do not understand what I was saying.

--------------------

Eden
unregistered

Icon 5 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Found in Him wrote
quote:
Don't get me wrong-- I believe fully in the catching away of the church. But Jesus is coming for a bride without spot or wrinkle.

Wrinkles come out with heat.

If you think that WE can take the spots or wrinkles out, it is impossible.

The only reason why the Bible can say that we the bride will be presented to Him without spot and wrinkle, is because WE WERE JUST GLORIFIED a moment earlier.

To repeat what Found in Him wrote
quote:
Don't get me wrong-- I believe fully in the catching away of the church. But Jesus is coming for a bride without spot or wrinkle.

There is nothing WE saved sinners can do to take those spots and wrinkles out, NOR is He going to wait until we have removed them. Ain't gonna happen.

Our spots and wrinkles will remain on us until He comes and GIVES us our glorified body. Only THEN will the Bible passage come true that we were as a bride presented to Him without spot or wrinkle. But WE cannot take the spots and wrinkles out ourselves before that happens.

love, Eden

Found in Him
Advanced Member
Member # 7596

Jesus tells us in Matthew 24 that one of the signs of the last days will be an increase in the persecution of believers.

Matthew 24:9-11, 2 Timothy 3, Rev. 13:7-10

--------------------

bluefrog
unregistered

When you say persecution ahead, tell me what you think about that and why pleze.
Found in Him
Advanced Member
Member # 7596

Bluefrog.... It is bothersome I know. This country and even my community (which use to be Extremely conservative) is completely backwards from just ten years ago. I was floored at the results of the election. To be honest with you, I questioned The Lord over that.

I believe our biggest problem lies within the priorities of His people in America. I know that sounds judgmental but their money is more important... Their morals look and smell more like the worlds and their love is cold bluefrog. I don't believe The Lord will wink at our condition! I believe America got puffy and stuffy and I believe strippin and whippin might be on the way. That's just my two cents.

Having said that...I do believe that for those who are walking the right path may face some persecution up ahead-- but that just makes us stronger and more refined. He's still God.

--------------------

bluefrog
unregistered

Found in Him...It really does get to me when I read the polls and voting numbers. We the People can only blame ourselves for what is going on. When we are governed by those who promised whatever it took to be elected by a majority of people who want it whatever it takes there is a broken egg in that pocket. The longer it stays, the worse it smells.
Found in Him
Advanced Member
Member # 7596

Bluefrog....you are so right. It is sad to see God being forgotten and replaced by human thinking. I struggled with this when my kids were in school. It seemed I was always having to sit them down and re-train their thinking when they came home from school. Teachers want to implement their ungodly curriculum and sadly it's the 'norm' any more.
Doctors are another issue with me. I'm sorry, but if they don't serve Jesus I don't want their council.

From the White House to the preschool teacher-- We ALL need to turn back to God!

Righteousness exalteth a nation: but sin is a reproach to any people.

--------------------

bluefrog
unregistered

Through the ages the ones considered wise have frequently been a pain in the neck of the sons of God.

They presently are invading our public schools and universities. God is pitched out on the street and great wisdom and balance is introduced.

For example: In the university the student goes to Biology 1...You are an accident made from goo to you by way of the zoo. You have no reason for being here, you just happened and there is no where to go.
Next Class:
Self Esteem 1...You are a good accident, you have value, you belong. Remember the song Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer ?

Now, we are turning it all over to the government and their wisdom. Well, that's what they say isn't it ?

Found in Him
Advanced Member
Member # 7596

17For Christ did not send me to baptize, but to preach the gospel—not with words of human wisdom, lest the cross of Christ be emptied of its power.
Christ the Wisdom and Power of God 18 For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God. 19 For it is written:

"I will destroy the wisdom of the wise;
the intelligence of the intelligent I will frustrate."

20 Where is the wise man? Where is the scholar? Where is the philosopher of this age? Has not God made foolish the wisdom of the world? 21 For since in the wisdom of God the world through its wisdom did not know him, God was pleased through the foolishness of what was preached to save those who believe. 22 Jews demand miraculous signs and Greeks look for wisdom, 23 but we preach Christ crucified: a stumbling block to Jews and foolishness to Gentiles, 24 but to those whom God has called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God and the wisdom of God. 25 For the foolishness of God is wiser than man's wisdom, and the weakness of God is stronger than man's strength.

--------------------

WildB
Member # 2917

Icon 16 posted      Profile for WildB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
by Cornelius R. Stam

"Where is the wise? Where is the scribe? Where is the disputer of this world? Hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world?" (I Cor. 1:20).

This challenge was hurled at the intellectual world of nineteen hundred years ago, so famous for its philosophy, literature and art. Nor are these the words of one who himself lacked the benefits of higher learning. Rather, they flowed from the pen of one of the most learned men, one of the greatest thinkers of all time: the Apostle Paul. More than this, they are found in that Book of books, the Bible, which has withstood, not barely but magnificently, all the attacks of a thousand critics through centuries of time. This Book says:

"The wisdom of this world is foolishness with God" (I Cor. 3:19).

"The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom" (Prov. 9:10).

Actually, the "intellectuals" in any age are those who assent to the theories of those who agree with each other that they are intellectual! Dissent from them and you have automatically branded yourself an illiterate!

"But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty;

"And base things of the world, and things which are despised, hath God chosen, yea, and things which are not, to bring to nought things that are:

"That no flesh should glory in His presence" (I Cor. 1:27-29).

--------------------
That is all.....

Posts: 8775 | From: USA, MICHIGAN | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement