Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Bible Topics & Study   » Wherefore, behold! (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Wherefore, behold!
bluefrog
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, I guess that the Wherefore, behold ! isn't Love.
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Found in Him
Advanced Member
Member # 7596

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Found in Him   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Michael writes...You cannot love. You were created in sin. You are completely incapable. As a new creation you can minister HIS love, but you cannot love. Only God is love. You can have 'good' intentions, but they are wood, hay and stubble. So when scripture says to 'do', it is not by your own worth, not by you own self-effort, not by the feelgood notion you have that you are going to love, that you are able to love. You are on the throne of your own heart.
~~~~~~

John 15:14 Ye are my friends, if ye do whatsoever I command you.

John 15:17 These things I command you, that ye love one another.

What is a command????

--------------------
~To Him That is able to keep you from falling and to present you before His glorious presence without fault and with great joy...to the only God our Savior be glory, majesty, power and authority, through Jesus Christ our Lord, before all ages, now and forevermore! Amen.~ Jude 24

Posts: 1503 | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Michael Harrison
Advanced Member
Member # 6801

Icon 15 posted      Profile for Michael Harrison     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You cannot love. You were created in sin. You are completely incapable. As a new creation you can minister HIS love, but you cannot love. Only God is love. You can have 'good' intentions, but they are wood, hay and stubble. So when scripture says to 'do', it is not by your own worth, not by you own self-effort, not by the feelgood notion you have that you are going to love, that you are able to love. You are on the throne of your own heart.

[Bible] You have the Spirit of God within. He loves. You are His vessle.

Heb 6:1Therefore leaving the principles of the doctrine of Christ, let us go on unto perfection;

...not laying again the foundation of repentance from dead works, and of faith toward God,

[Bible] The 'repentance' being referred to here is from dead works. The dead works is the 'notion' that one is CAPABLE of things that only HE is able to 'do'. One is not 'grown' until he or she comes to this realization, and he therefore abides in the 'pride' of his own accomplishment, self deceived.

Heb 6:2 Of the doctrine of baptisms, and of laying on of hands, and of resurrection of the dead, and of eternal judgment.
Heb 6:3 And this will we do, IF - God permit.

Posts: 3273 | From: Charlotte N.C. | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WildB
Member # 2917

Icon 18 posted      Profile for WildB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Three.

"And if one prevail against him, two shall withstand him; and a threefold cord is not quickly broken."

--------------------
That is all.....

Posts: 8775 | From: USA, MICHIGAN | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Found in Him
Advanced Member
Member # 7596

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Found in Him   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
bluefrog wrote...I'm still trying to figure out what I am supposed to behold here.

that makes two [1zhelp]

--------------------
~To Him That is able to keep you from falling and to present you before His glorious presence without fault and with great joy...to the only God our Savior be glory, majesty, power and authority, through Jesus Christ our Lord, before all ages, now and forevermore! Amen.~ Jude 24

Posts: 1503 | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bluefrog
unregistered

Found in Him....Subj: Wherefore, behold !

I'm still trying to figure out what I am supposed to behold here.

Your response was good.

Me thinks that one should not put a question mark where God puts a period.

Found in Him
Advanced Member
Member # 7596

Well, my bible says that The Lord commands us to Love the Lord your God with all your heart, soul, mind and strength... and love my neighbor as myself.

This is the command from The Lord-- I am called to do this. This is an action, An action of obedience. A premeditated act of my will.

This is a choice, This is an action, This is what I am called to do. This is my calling.

A new creation IN Christ Jesus is what I AM
Love is what I DO

--------------------

Michael Harrison
Advanced Member
Member # 6801

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Michael Harrison     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Michael wrote...I could speak of love. I could talk of peace. But neither of these come by ignorance. Neither will help if we ignore our first calling.

Our first calling is what?

Our first calling is to hold to Him, to enthrone Him who is our Life, so that we may be 'Able Ministers' of the law of love and life.

So, one does not 'set out to love' and think he has accomplished anything for God, or even God's will. He has missed the proper order if he does this.

Posts: 3273 | From: Charlotte N.C. | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bluefrog
unregistered

Hail ye O brethern of those fortaken of speach becoming of Gentiles; have ye partaken of that which disposes of waste and forgotten to swollow?

I sayeth to you Dog, there was no messanger craving your return to endure thru what is written; it twas only a suggestion in love.

Say ye then to thine brethern, "Wherefore, behold" and he if it beist your waistcloth, in public.

Found in Him
Advanced Member
Member # 7596

Michael wrote...I could speak of love. I could talk of peace. But neither of these come by ignorance. Neither will help if we ignore our first calling.

Our first calling is what?

--------------------

Michael Harrison
Advanced Member
Member # 6801

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Michael Harrison     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hehe? See what I mean? It just isn't an issue, except to those who do not have a life. Well, maybe I should just be glad you responded. [Razz]
Eden
unregistered

Icon 5 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Michael Harrison wrote to Eden
quote:
What is the point of your dissagreement with the choice of the word 'always'?
My point is that the Bible says SOME are killed and NOT they are ALWAYS killed. Have you never read about "every jot and tittle not passing away until"? That's me, a "jot and tittler". I was born that way, and will die that way.

But let me just say that if we just "rubberstamped" every Topic and every post and did not comment on each other's Topics and posts, then each Topic would simply disappear at the bottom of the list with "0 views", and how would we learn anything from that?

So if you say the messengers were ALWAYS killed but the Bible says SOME were killed, then you may hear from me about it, if I happen to see it.

But that does make me wonder why bluefrog would INSIST that I go read his post, say, of 02/12/1834, at 6:31 a.m. (or of whatever date) when he knows how I am! hehe

love, Eden

Michael Harrison
Advanced Member
Member # 6801

quote:
But then he quoted the following:

Mat 23:34 Wherefore, behold, I send to you prophets, and wise men, and scribes: and SOME OF THEM you shall kill.

Uhh, only SOME of them were killed, Michael Harrison. How say ye then that "they ALWAYS kill the messenger"?

Wherefore, behold!

And are you referring to yourself in this case as "the messenger who is being killed", or not?

Why don't you take a look at yourself eden. What do you exist for? For it seems that the only capacity you fill is to nitpick and undermine, and there is nothing constructive in it. What is the point of your dissagreement with the choice of the word 'always'? By your argument, do you not 'KILL' the messenger? What after all is in your heart, huh? (Maybe you'll see why you don't get it.)
Eden
unregistered

Icon 5 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Michael Harrison wrote
quote:
They always kill the messenger.
But then he quoted the following:

Mat 23:34 Wherefore, behold, I send to you prophets, and wise men, and scribes: and SOME OF THEM you shall kill.

Uhh, only SOME of them were killed, Michael Harrison. How say ye then that "they ALWAYS kill the messenger"?

Wherefore, behold!

And are you referring to yourself in this case as "the messenger who is being killed", or not?

love, Eden

Michael Harrison
Advanced Member
Member # 6801

Icon 15 posted      Profile for Michael Harrison     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They always kill the messenger.

Mat 23:34 Wherefore, behold, I send unto you prophets, and wise men, and scribes: and some of them ye shall kill and crucify; and some of them shall ye scourge in your synagogues, and persecute them from city to city:

[Cross]

I'm not saying it to 'prove' I can 'do' it. I am not saying it to put anybody down. I am saying it to provoke you to get it, because scripture says it. It is not because 'I' can do what no other can do. It is not because 'I' am better than you. I do not boast! I exhort, to the Praise of HIS Glory, lest another discover 'the' place in Him, the provision of God, wherein he may walk. For the hour is near, and neglect is not to be considered except at great cost to someone, if not you.

I could speak of love. I could talk of peace. But neither of these come by ignorance. Neither will help if we ignore our first calling. Though it may not notice if others do it wrong, love does not 'approve' of error. It does not encourage the improper path. Nay, it corrects. Read it in scripture. And fruit is born only when one is "In the light." But the wicked, not knowing the value, will pick 'other' fruit. For to be fruit bearing does not mean that others will recognize the value of the crop lest they humble themselves to understanding. Then, rather than reaching high to pick it, it will fall upon their head ripe, and ready to receive. [Prayer]

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement