Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Bible Topics & Study   » The goal!

Author Topic: The goal!
Michael Harrison
Advanced Member
Member # 6801

Icon 15 posted      Profile for Michael Harrison     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The goal is EDIFICATION~! But if you cannot hear it, you cannot. Shall I be silent because you cannot? After all, are there not others besides yourself? Shall I not speak to those who 'will' hear?

The devil tells you that I elevate myself. I do not. It is not, nor will it ever be about me. It is about Jesus, and will ever be. It is about you, and how you can be 'edified', which means ‘closer‘ to Him. So how am I suppose to cope with being accused of undermining your faith if the Spirit and the Word disagree, and all I have said was "thus sayeth scripture?" For if one speaks to another's edification, but that one devours the speaker, how is one then edified, by the speakers agreeing with error? Nay!

If I point out something about how one thinks or believes, am I criticizing after all - or guiding? Now, you may 'reject' the guidance. You have a free will, and you get to choose, even whether to listen to me. How, however, do you turn on me and say that I am libeling, or slandering, or finding fault if all I am doing is illustrating what doesn't work about what you are asserting? I would appreciate someone pointing out to me what doesn't work, if he or she can make the case, but....

And if one is un-teachable, he stands before his Lord as so. If someone is sent to another, and the other doesn’t receive it, who is at fault, the sent one, or the refusing one? Is one who is sent wrong just because he ruffled feathers? Did the sent one come for that purpose, for God would not send someone only to agitate? But we read where the son was sent into the vinyard, and the hired servants killed him. It remains true.

Many a headbanger has straddled a barbed-wire fence because he didn’t listen to someone who had good advice. Personally, I try to listen when someone offers advice, and try to determine whether it is valid. For often when I have determined to do ‘my’ own thing, I have straddled that barbed-wire fence, and have learned that it is to be avoided.

And concerning it all, I do not stand on supposition, however much you would like to stone me as though I do. Perhaps I should be pleased to stay in my own posts, and stay out of yours. For if you enter my posts, I cannot be accused of slinging stones if you come into mine, and I respond.
[Wink]
Will that not work? Please please ignore me! But do so at your own expense! Just remember, what you believe makes or breaks you. And encouraging the way 'it is not', plays into the devil's hands. There is no shortage of those who are willing to do that. I cannot, in good conscience. Think now, how it would be if Paul had encouraged those whom he instead "pointed out their error to," whom would they have had to thank for their lost reward?

Posts: 3273 | From: Charlotte N.C. | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement