Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Bible Topics & Study   » A Disciple of Christ is recognizable to All (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: A Disciple of Christ is recognizable to All
Found in Him
Advanced Member
Member # 7596

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Found in Him   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Daniel,

I totally agree 100%

Disciplining and becoming a disciple according to The way Christ ordained.

--------------------
~To Him That is able to keep you from falling and to present you before His glorious presence without fault and with great joy...to the only God our Savior be glory, majesty, power and authority, through Jesus Christ our Lord, before all ages, now and forevermore! Amen.~ Jude 24

Posts: 1503 | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Found in Him
Advanced Member
Member # 7596

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Found in Him   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Betty,

I in no way judge anyone. Christ simply constructed an outline in recognizing a disciple. I apply every thing I post to myself. I listen to His words and allow the Spirit of God to minister to (me).

God Bless Sister, Have a Blessed day!

jeannie

--------------------
~To Him That is able to keep you from falling and to present you before His glorious presence without fault and with great joy...to the only God our Savior be glory, majesty, power and authority, through Jesus Christ our Lord, before all ages, now and forevermore! Amen.~ Jude 24

Posts: 1503 | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Betty Louise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I believe it is possible though to be saved and not be a disciple. I got saved at 7. I had no clue what being a disciple was all about, but I was still saved. Jesus said to allow children to be brought to Him. As I grew into adulthood, I begin to grow in the Lord, but I have no doubt I was saved at 7. Maybe I am the exception to the rule, but if you were to do a graph of my life there would be times through out my 56 years that I was really close to God and other times, that my walk was further away from Him.
I was still saved, but at times, I allowed the pressures of this life get my eyes off the focus of Christ.
We need to be careful when we try to define who is saved and who is not saved, only God knows the heart. I can say from experience that when your walk is not where it should be all areas of your life suffer. I believe that there are those who are saved, who never know the peace and joy that comes from walking close to God. The Bible says that there will be those in Heaven who will have all their works burned up in the fire but they will still be saved. How said it will be to have no crowns to lay at Jesus feet, because one chooses to live for themselves and not for God.
betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.

Posts: 5051 | From: Houston, Texas | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
oneinchrist
Advanced Member
Member # 6532

Icon 1 posted      Profile for oneinchrist     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Found in Him,
We are in a day and age where people have constructed theologies that separate "salvation" and "discipleship". It is a sad thing, because "sanctification" does not come without our committing to the Lorship of Jesus......by putting ourselves in subjection to Him and His teachings.

I am convinced that in the early days of the church that the New believers understood that "baptism into Christ" meant "entering discipleship". There was no dichotomy between the two.
But today that is not always the case and that is why I believe that in baptism today there ought to be a verbal confirmation of the baptizees readiness to be a follower/disciple of Jesus before they are baptized in the Lords Name.

With love in Christ, Daniel

Posts: 1389 | From: Wind Lake, WI | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Found in Him
Advanced Member
Member # 7596

Discipleship, the process of becoming, being and making followers of Jesus Christ. When it comes to being a Christ followers, Jesus left no room for guessing games. He let us know what it would look like and even what it would take. Jesus said that in order to be his followers, following him must be our first priority, and unless we're willing to make following the first priority, then following him isn't an option. There is a cost to following Jesus. And no it's not 10% of what you earn, it's EVERYTHING. It's about carrying a cross and dying to self. Again, if this is not what we signed up for when we decided to follow him, Jesus suggests we don't even start. Jesus lets us in on what sets his followers apart as his disciples. Two things; LOVE and FRUIT.

19 “Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. 20 “So then, you will know them by their fruits.

As I have loved you, so you must love one another. 35 By this all men will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another."

--------------------

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement