Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Bible Topics & Study   » Not a matter of degree!

Author Topic: Not a matter of degree!
Michael Harrison
Advanced Member
Member # 6801

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Michael Harrison     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
But as we trust Him, His victory in us is absolute
quote:
Trumbull

Absolute is a strong, yet proper word to describe the provision of Christ. It is not a matter of degree, except to the extent that it is 'absolute'. Anything less is not His provision.
Posts: 3273 | From: Charlotte N.C. | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eden
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And I remember you saying, "Love, Eden", what's that all about??? I guess that's why this Topic is called by the Holy Spirit, "Not a matter of degree!", eh? LOL
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Michael Harrison
Advanced Member
Member # 6801

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Michael Harrison     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
and love - Mike!
Posts: 3273 | From: Charlotte N.C. | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eden
unregistered

Icon 5 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I may go out to get me a Charles Trumbull book to read. Looks like he's "got it".

love, Eden

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Michael Harrison
Advanced Member
Member # 6801

Icon 18 posted      Profile for Michael Harrison     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We shall be safeguarded from these two perils, of overconfidence through continued victory, and of weakening fear through failure, if we remember God’s Word concerning the absoluteness of the victory that is ours in Christ. That victory is not a relative thing, not a comparative thing, not a matter of degree at all: it is the freedom with which the Son sets men free (John 8:36). Not that we are given “sinless perfection.” We always have our sinful nature, which can sin and will sin any moment that we fail to trust Christ for His victory in us. But as we trust Him, His victory in us is absolute.

Charles Trumbull, "Perils of the Victorious life."

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement