Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Bible Topics & Study   » 9 words no one EVER wants to hear!

Author Topic: 9 words no one EVER wants to hear!
bluefrog
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
EDEN...I went back and read the post she was talking about. She should have scolded you.

Say your sorry.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bluefrog
unregistered

EDEN...You turkey, we ALL have confrontations with you don't we ? lol Does that mean you are avoiding all of us or just her because you are a male shovenist (spelling?).
Eden
unregistered

Icon 5 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Found in Him wrote to Eden
quote:
You know Eden? You're mocking The Lord. Rave on... But I won't continue a conversation that involves such arrogance as what you just said.

These 9 words that we have discussed here are eternally damning... It's serious. You can pollute this post with your arrogance if you so desire. I won't take part in it.

Whatever, Found in Him. Since our confrontation a few days ago, I have been making a conscious effort to avoid responding to your posts whenever that is possible. Have a nice day. Eden
bluefrog
unregistered

That is not the first time I have heard that.

Some went on to say they didn't want to burn in hell, which was Fear of the Lord. Also, it has been said that a lot of people who continued to be Christians did so because of Hell.

To me it was different. Hell was the least of my concern. I

yahsway
Advanced Member
Member # 3738

Icon 1 posted      Profile for yahsway     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Eden, stop and think for one minute. The "Many" come down thru the last 2000 years since Christ.

Yes, Marjoe is just one of them but I gave him as an example. Want more?

How long has the Catholic church been around? Remember the "Inquisitions", the "Crusaders", how about all those Catholic Priests who sexually abused little boys?

What about Jim Jones, and different cults alike who use "Jesus" name?

There are much more, come down thru the last 2000 years, these are the "Many".

"And then I (Yeshua) will declare to them, 'I never knew you: depart from Me, you who practice LAWLESSNESS!"

Posts: 1238 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Found in Him
Advanced Member
Member # 7596

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Found in Him   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You know Eden? You're mocking The Lord. Rave on... But I won't continue a conversation that involves such arrogance as what you just said.

These 9 words that we have discussed here are eternally damning... It's serious. You can pollute this post with your arrogance if you so desire. I won't take part in it.

--------------------
~To Him That is able to keep you from falling and to present you before His glorious presence without fault and with great joy...to the only God our Savior be glory, majesty, power and authority, through Jesus Christ our Lord, before all ages, now and forevermore! Amen.~ Jude 24

Posts: 1503 | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eden
unregistered

bluefrog wrote
quote:
I'm sure you know this, but FEAR in "Fear of the Lord" doesn't mean what one usually thinks of like spooky or gonna hurt me, n' stuff.
bluefrog, when the fear of the LORD came on me, it was a very real fear of the wrath of God coming on me, not necessarily now, but definitely later when I was dead or when the rapture came, whichever happened first. Fear as in, "this Dude is dangerous" if I don't repent NOW!!!

love, Eden

Found in Him
Advanced Member
Member # 7596

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Found in Him   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, Either way one looks at it-- I think they should take the following verse into thought as well as many others.

Jer 5:22 (NIV) "Should you not fear me?" declares the Lord. "Should you not tremble in my presence?"

--------------------
~To Him That is able to keep you from falling and to present you before His glorious presence without fault and with great joy...to the only God our Savior be glory, majesty, power and authority, through Jesus Christ our Lord, before all ages, now and forevermore! Amen.~ Jude 24

Posts: 1503 | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eden
unregistered

yahsway wrote:
quote:
Marjoe did preache and held healing services for many years and in 1972 made a documentary of his "False Witness" even proclaiming that He does not even believe in God.
yahshway and Found in Him, that is ONE PERSON, in 1972, or 36 years ago. How does that constitute the MANY who say "Lord, Lord...".

But I do admit that I have no idea who exactly, in today's Christian or non-Christian world, that "Many will say Lord, Lord" DOES refer to. I've pondered it over the years, but I still can't figure it out.

love, Eden

bluefrog
unregistered

Sounds like you want the tribulation period to get serious.

I'm sure you know this, but FEAR in "Fear of the Lord" doesn't mean what one usually thinks of like spooky or gonna hurt me, n' stuff.

It is a reverant awe of God as a motive for holy living ...1 Peter 1:17

He or She cares more about God's approval than what others will think or do Mt10:28-31

Found in Him
Advanced Member
Member # 7596

I do believe that the church should be the last place that we hear of all those things happening in. I believe that if The fear of God is back among the people you would hear less of this! Can you imagine Paul addressing such issues as what you have listed above? I'm sorry, but where is the fear of God?

I appreciate what I read today in a -fear of God- bible study:

Mike Yaconelli: "I would like to suggest that the Church become a place of terror again; a place where God continually has to tell us, "Fear not"; a place where our relationship with God is not a simple belief or a doctrine or theology, it is God's burning presence in our lives. I am suggesting that the tame God of relevance be replaced by the God whose very presence shatters our egos into dust, burns our sin into ashes, and strips us naked to reveal the real person within. The Church needs to become a gloriously dangerous place where nothing is safe in God's presence except us. Nothing--including our plans, our agendas, our priorities, our politics, our money, our security, our comfort, our possessions, our needs.

--------------------

bluefrog
unregistered

13 years ago we had a pastor with a beautiful wife and two cute kids. He built the church up pretty well. My wife baby sat for them and I raised a hog for them. I was a teacher for adult couples. and so forth......

We were close friends and also with the song director. One day the song director came to me and said he couldn't hold back any longer. When they went to conventions out of town the first thing the pastor wanted to do was go to topless joints and the like. The pastor lied to me about a few things. He was being visited for counsel by one of the nanny sheep behind closed doors and finally got caught. He was fired and became the chaplain at a woman's prison.

I read an article that said that only 20% of graduates from seminaries ever became pastors.

Lots of Deacons or Elders make life pretty tough for pastors. One reason of many is that they don't make enough money. Also, there are numerous reasons of little importance that they upset the pastors.

I expect that if anyone has Satan at their front door it is the pastors.

One of our song directors worked for the church and his wife played the piano for 7 months. One Sunday night he came forward. Surprise !

When I am attending a church and they do not teach the gospel correctly I leave. There are others that leave for reasons like...they don't like the color of the new carpet and other sundry reasons.

It all boils down in the 9 words mentioned here to the fact that it is all about HIM and YOU REGARDLESS.

Found in Him
Advanced Member
Member # 7596

Where is the fear of God? What I mean by that is the reverence, The Holiness of God? When watching that video, the fear of God gripped me. Those who do such things are in danger of everlasting separation from The Lord. How devastating. How can you preach the word and NOT know what it says? It leaves one without excuse.

--------------------

yahsway
Advanced Member
Member # 3738

Icon 1 posted      Profile for yahsway     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You have such a kind heart FoundInHim. I appreciate you! Yes, i too do not judge Marjoe, and indeed a lot of those people were healed ect... because it was their "faith".

But Marjoe was making a "mockery of God" in his own heart. May God forgive him.

Also, i do blame his parents in a sense. For they are the ones who pushed him into that, his own statements about how his mother would coax him from the pews, to get the people so pumped up and then shout "praise Jesus" being his "Q" to take the offering. and his father leaving him and his mother when Marjoe was 16 years old and taking 3 million dollars with him and left them basically penniless.

I would say his parents have a lot to answer for as well. How sad.

Posts: 1238 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Found in Him
Advanced Member
Member # 7596

If I'm honest, I will have to say that I am deeply troubled over watching that video. I also did more research on Marjoe and am appalled by what more he had to say.

God's word is powerful. This man used God's word and Jesus' name in services and things did in fact change. People were healed, lives were touched and people were saved. Jesus and His word DO NOT CHANGE.

There is POWER in the name of Jesus! The word of God is life changing-- there is no doubt about it. The changes that were made in those services are nothing short of God's mercy on the people, and proof that HE KEEPS HIS WORD-- PERIOD.

In my heart I know that this is an example of what The Lord Jesus Christ was talking about when He said that many would try to justify their actions saying "Lord, but I did many works for You in Your Name" Jesus is gonna look at them and say "Get away from me, I NEVER knew you!" I am not judging Marjoe-- God will. If this man is still alive, if he still has breath, there is still time to repent if he has not.

What is troubling to me is, how could one live with themselves knowing that they want nothing to do with Jesus? Why bother in the things of The Lord if you refuse Him your heart? It is grieving to think of the condition of a heart that would ever think of using Jesus or His word for their own gain.

Jesus came to give His life for a dying world. It cost Him more than we will ever be able to comprehend. If a person is not deeply moved by His love in knowing the truth-- what are they?

Father God will not put up with those who deny His Son Jesus place in their hearts, Who USED the name of His Son and HIS word!

Scary stuff!

--------------------

yahsway
Advanced Member
Member # 3738

Oh, by the way, Here is 9 words God wants us to Hear:

"Come out from among them and be ye seperate"

yahsway
Advanced Member
Member # 3738

FoundInHim, its actually a documentary he made during his last "evangelistic crusade".

He wanted to move on and do other things and wanted to tell the truth about what he really is.

He knew many charasmatic preachers when growing up. He said that A.Allen(Pentecostal Preacher) told him once that you know when the Holy Spirit has moved on when you can turn the people upside down, shake them, and NO money falls out of their pockets so its time to move on to another city to preach.

I paraphrased that, but it just goes to show you that a lot, and i mean a lot of your mega-tv preachers are nothing more than entertainers and crooks and they do it all in the name of "Jesus".

You know what FoundInHim? I work as a psych nurse in a facility where i would say over half the staff are gay-lesbian.

And a lot of them know me and my faith. They are quick to tell me their favorite pastor is "Joel Olsteen".

And no wonder, after his interview with Larry King Live a while back, I can see why. He really does not preach the gospel, the Truth, he does not condemn Sin and never preaches on Hell.

And yet he has a following of over 25,000 weekly, maybe more. Why do people follow his teaching? Because they have itching ears as the Bible states. Joel tells them what they want to hear, not what God wants them to hear.

Of course some of his congregation held his feet to the fire on his interview with Larry King and he apologized in a letter statement on his website, but what about ALL those other people out in the world that watched him on the broadcast? He did not go public with his apology on national TV.

My point is this, there are MANY as Yeshua stated doing things in His name but they do not Know Him.
Because if they did kow him, they would not preach another gospel and would not be fleecing the flock.

Yes we need to pray for them, pray for their very souls, but they also need to be exposed for what they are. Marjoe exposed himself. As far as I know, he remains an athiest to this day.

A good friend of mine came here to TN about 10 years ago and was sent as a missionary to our part of the state. She got in with the TBN crowd in Nashville. Oh my, the stories i could tell you about that.

Anyway, she exposed a famous christian singer who professes to be "celibate", (a very good looking gentleman) at the church they both belonged to in Nashville and the elders at that church basically asked her to leave. They told her that he brings in a lot of money to their assembly and it was not for them to "judge" what he did with his personal life.

Her former husband was this mans drummer and they all traveled together and she said he had "a woman every where they went".

Anyways, he is still on TBN, still doing concerts, and so on.

And now we have poor Ray Boltz, another christian singer who has announced he is "gay".

And Ted Haggard, well, he blasts his church for their stance on what happened to him, but surely he knows they did the right thing.

So the "Many" that Yeshua spoke of is surely a true statement. And you are right, its a scary thing. The churches of today are moving into Apostacy and taking many down with them.

Found in Him
Advanced Member
Member # 7596

Yashway.... I did go to u tube and look him up. There is one particular clip where he is "teaching" worldly friends how to scam the people. It comes out of his own mouth. It makes me sick to my stomach.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6O0p4ZDnDoQ

--------------------

yahsway
Advanced Member
Member # 3738

Well, Marjoe Gortner comes to my mind, as well as "Many" others that i will not mention here at this time.

Marjoe did preache and held healing services for many years and in 1972 made a documentary of his "False Witness" even proclaiming that He does not even believe in God.

If you have never heard of him, go to youtube and see his documentary, and there are many others there as well who "preach" a different gospel.

Just my 2 cents

Found in Him
Advanced Member
Member # 7596

Eden my friend,

I am not a judge. Jesus is. Jesus said MANY. Jesus said MANY will try to justify themselves by saying "we have done this or that in your name"

Question 1: What reason would the condemned preach and do many great signs for if was NOT for Jesus??????

Question 2: If you LOVE God and serve God and preach His word, WHAT motivation is there besides a love relationship with Jesus to serve Him??????

--------------------

Eden
unregistered

Hi, Found in Him, I wanted to ask you about this part
quote:
Matthew 7

21"Not everyone who says to me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only he who does the will of my Father who is in heaven.

22Many will say to me on that day, 'Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and in your name drive out demons and perform many miracles?'
23Then I will tell them plainly, 'I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!'

1. NOT EVERYONE who calls Jesus --Lord-- is going to enter into the kingdom of heaven.

2. He said MANY will say to Him --"Lord-- haven't I done great things in Your name"?

3.Jesus is going to say to them: "I...Never...knew you"

How devastating will that be for those who knew better than to USE the bible or the gospel for their own gain! Who called Him "Lord" but lived a life outside of a relationship with Him!

What I wanted to ask is, How do you know that "the many who call Him Lord" will in the end refer to those who "USED the bible or the gospel for their own gain! and refers to those "lived a life outside of a relationship with Him!"?

All the above verses said was that the many who called Him Lord had "prophesied in His name, and in His name had driven out demons and performed many miracles?" Plus Jesus called them "evildoers".

So Found in Him, How do you know that "the many who called Him Lord" will in the end refer to those who "USED the bible or the gospel for their own gain! and referred to those who "lived a life outside of a relationship with Him!"?

And if I may, if you were to look at TODAY's society, who do you IDENTIFY as someone who is "using the Bible for their own gain" or "who is living a life outside of a relatinship with Him", who do you have in mind when you say that, please?

Thank you, Eden

Found in Him
Advanced Member
Member # 7596

Amen how sad. He said "Only those who do the will of my Father" will enter in.

What the scary thing there is, that they will be without excuse. They knew His will, and did it not.

Those have to be cold hearted people!

Makes me shutter and examine my own heart motives!

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Betty Louise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Found in Him,

Sadly there are people who use God for financial gain. I often wonder if they started out preaching because they loved God and lost their way into loving money more or if it was always about money.

How sad it would be to study the Bible and Preach the Gospel, only to miss Heaven, yourself.
Thank you for sharing.
betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.

Posts: 5051 | From: Houston, Texas | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Found in Him
Advanced Member
Member # 7596

I have read this portion of scripture many, many times before but, today things are jumping out at me as I read...

21"Not everyone who says to me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only he who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. 22Many will say to me on that day, 'Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and in your name drive out demons and perform many miracles?' 23Then I will tell them plainly, 'I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!' (Matthew 7:21-23)

1. NOT EVERYONE who calls Jesus --Lord-- is going to enter into the kingdom of heaven.

2. He said MANY will say to Him --"Lord-- haven't I done great things in Your name"?

3.Jesus is going to say to them: "I...Never...knew you"

How devastating will that be for those who knew better than to USE the bible or the gospel for their own gain! Who called Him "Lord" but lived a life outside of a relationship with Him! Jesus said MANY this will happen to, MANY. That's scary stuff folks!

This makes sense in relation to what The Lord said above:

1 John
6If we claim to have fellowship with him yet walk in the darkness, we lie and do not live by the truth. 7But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus, his Son, purifies us from all sin.

8If we claim to be without sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us. 9If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness. 10If we claim we have not sinned, we make him out to be a liar and his word has no place in our lives.

--------------------

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement