Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Bible Topics & Study   » Treachery!

Author Topic: Treachery!
bluefrog
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I caught that too.
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eden
unregistered

Icon 5 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What was funny was that, in one of the other threads that Michael Harrison started, he quoted Charles Trumbull.

But before I realized that Michael Harrison was quoting Charles Trumbull, I at first thought, "Hey! Michael's mind has cleared up, it's not so jumbly with words anymore", but then I realized that Michael Harrison was quoting the words of Charles Trumbull!! For a moment I thought you had "gotten it", Michael...LOL

Treachery!

love, Eden

bluefrog
unregistered

Nothing new under the sun.
Michael Harrison
Advanced Member
Member # 6801

Icon 8 posted      Profile for Michael Harrison     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
bluefrog, I have wondered, old man, and now realize why you do not call yourself "bull" frog, instead.
Posts: 3273 | From: Charlotte N.C. | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Michael Harrison
Advanced Member
Member # 6801

Icon 15 posted      Profile for Michael Harrison     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Imagine that there was a hurricane, and afterwards people who are looking for relief packages are out in force. Imagine that there is an unassuming man sitting with a sign that says "This way." Observe that he is overlooked because everyone is headed in the direction where the crowd seems to be concentrated. They don't realze from a distance that those at the center of the crowd are trying to make their way out, for nothing is there. They cannot for the press.
Posts: 3273 | From: Charlotte N.C. | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bluefrog
unregistered

MICHAEL...Sir, would you have anything to say if you were not degrading someone ?

I know your answer is yes, but it seems that you have failed at it so far. Why do you do that ?

Forget the last question, we have heard that already.

This a pretty sad situation.

WildB
Member # 2917

Icon 6 posted      Profile for WildB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://healtheland.wordpress.com/2007/06/22/if-you-were-accused-of-being-a-christian-would-there-be-enough-evidence-to-convict-you/

--------------------
That is all.....

Posts: 8775 | From: USA, MICHIGAN | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Betty Louise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Michael,
You are in the same boat as the rest of us. We all have been dealt blows that knocked us off our feet.
No on is asking you not to speak the truth of the Gospel, but to begin to build each other up in love and respect. This said, I will pray that God will comfort you.
betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.

Posts: 5051 | From: Houston, Texas | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Found in Him
Advanced Member
Member # 7596

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Found in Him   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Proverbs 18

24 A man of many companions may come to ruin,
but there is a friend who sticks closer than a brother.

--------------------
~To Him That is able to keep you from falling and to present you before His glorious presence without fault and with great joy...to the only God our Savior be glory, majesty, power and authority, through Jesus Christ our Lord, before all ages, now and forevermore! Amen.~ Jude 24

Posts: 1503 | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Michael Harrison
Advanced Member
Member # 6801

Icon 18 posted      Profile for Michael Harrison     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Treachery! I am not unacquainted with it. It has visited me many times in my lifetime, when friends turned on me, or someone set me up, or one went out of the way to cause me grief. Recently my Twin Towers have been knocked down. One tower was toppled when a Christian man had me arrested for pulling recyclable material from trash piles! It was only equal to a traffic ticket in the state where this happened, but I was labled by this as a thief - me, who preaches abiding in the Ten Commandments. It will be on record for the rest of my life. So ugly is it that a guy whom I went to high school with, who later in life became a bail bondsman, e-mailed me the other day to say hello.

Then the other went down just in the past few days, both the work of satan in his very person, but unrecognized by the perpetrators. Both were stunning blows 'from Christians'. In this case a Jezebel without knowledge whereof she speaketh, underminded the character of the servant of the Lord, rather than building him up, by wickedly and perversely not considering her own sinful condition as she misrepresented moi to others who already needed no reason to fault the servant of the Lord! The reward of Jezebel is upon her, as she has done this to herself. It is a sad in heaven, for people insist that they know the scriptures, and curse God in their thoughts and intents, thinking themselves, well... who knows? It is a shame. And if that is you, you need to consider, "For if judgment begins at the house of God, where shall the sinner and ungodly appear?" And if the Lord has spoken, and you have overlooked it, how will you feel when you find out?

I will not waver in expressing the truth of the Life of Christ. Indeed, I have to expect the attacks of the enemy, who would viciously and unashamedly 'nuke' the efforts of the godly,. But these were Tsunamies which caught me not knowing that standing on the beach when the tide went out was to put one's self in harms way.

So if ye indeed will be puffed up in pride, and self assurance, let me tell you what Revelation says: "Purchase refinement from Me!" Self assurance is not worth a wooden nickle.

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement