Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Bible Topics & Study   » Where's the Love?

Author Topic: Where's the Love?
bluefrog
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
bite me
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Michael Harrison
Advanced Member
Member # 6801

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Michael Harrison     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
bf, can I help it if your heart is turned from God, by being puffed up with knowledge?
Posts: 3273 | From: Charlotte N.C. | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
becauseHElives
Advanced Member
Member # 87

Icon 18 posted      Profile for becauseHElives   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
love is where this scripture is visible in the lives of people ...

1 Corinthians 13:4-8

Love endures long and is patient and kind; love never is envious nor boils over with jealousy, is not boastful or vainglorious, does not display itself haughtily.

It is not conceited (arrogant and inflated with pride); it is not rude (unmannerly) and does not act unbecomingly. Love (God's love in us) does not insist on its own rights or its own way, for it is not self-seeking; it is not touchy or fretful or resentful; it takes no account of the evil done to it [it pays no attention to a suffered wrong].

It does not rejoice at injustice and unrighteousness, but rejoices when right and truth prevail.

Love bears up under anything and everything that comes, is ever ready to believe the best of every person, its hopes are fadeless under all circumstances, and it endures everything [without weakening].

Love never fails [never fades out or becomes obsolete or comes to an end]. As for prophecy the gift of interpreting the divine will and purpose), it will be fulfilled and pass away; as for tongues, they will be destroyed and cease; as for knowledge, it will pass away [it will lose its value and be superseded by truth].

--------------------
Strive to enter in at the strait gate:for many, I say unto you will seek to enter in, and shall not be able. ( Luke 13:24 )

Posts: 4578 | From: Southeast Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bluefrog
unregistered

Well, we just keep tryin. Woe is me?

Woe is anyone else? [BooHoo] [crying] [1zhelp] [Frown]

Michael Harrison
Advanced Member
Member # 6801

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Michael Harrison     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh brother! [updown]

1Co 4:3 But with me it is a very small thing that I should be judged of you, or [even] of man's judgment: yea, I judge not mine own self.
1Co 4:4 For I know nothing by [of] myself; yet am I not hereby justified [in that] he that judgeth me is the Lord.
1Co 4:5 Therefore judge nothing before the time, until the Lord come, who both will bring to light the hidden things of darkness, and will make manifest the counsels of the hearts: and then shall every man have praise of God.

Then shall it be known whether I was abiding in love. Look, the purpose of the post was to indicate that Jesus 'spoke' in love. But people whose hearts are blinded literally see something else, and usually is judgment.

Posts: 3273 | From: Charlotte N.C. | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bluefrog
unregistered

You ask a question like that after just leaving the board about the SERPENT ?

Better get you some flea powder and learn to talk once in a while when Satan comes around.

How about HUNK ? But don't forget TURKEY.

Eden
unregistered

Icon 5 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Shall I try dog?
Found in Him
Advanced Member
Member # 7596

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Found in Him   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hehehe... You're alright!

--------------------
~To Him That is able to keep you from falling and to present you before His glorious presence without fault and with great joy...to the only God our Savior be glory, majesty, power and authority, through Jesus Christ our Lord, before all ages, now and forevermore! Amen.~ Jude 24

Posts: 1503 | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eden
unregistered

Found in Him wrote to Eden
quote:
So do you know nothing or think nothing of your self?
By all means, YOU be the judge.

No results found.
No results were found for fine fellow in the following version(s):King James Version.
Try refining your search using the form above.

love, Eden

bluefrog
unregistered

He doesn't know. And I don't either.
Found in Him
Advanced Member
Member # 7596

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Found in Him   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So do you know nothing or think nothing of your self?

--------------------
~To Him That is able to keep you from falling and to present you before His glorious presence without fault and with great joy...to the only God our Savior be glory, majesty, power and authority, through Jesus Christ our Lord, before all ages, now and forevermore! Amen.~ Jude 24

Posts: 1503 | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eden
unregistered

bluefrog wrote, probably to Eden
quote:
You know exactly who I am talking about.
I only know nothing.

Galatians 6:3
For if a man think himself to be something, when he is nothing, he deceives himself.

love, Eden

Found in Him
Advanced Member
Member # 7596

jess i do.. I was just picking. That's how I get when drinkin coffee @ 1am! cheers!

--------------------

bluefrog
unregistered

The question on this thread is "Where is the Love?" I was trying to stick to the subject and responded accordingly. Not wander off.

Loving one another is not calling them carnal and misunderstanding and all the other things brought up lately with absolutely no positive thing to say. For instance: Those who call themselves Christians (that's one) and don't understand what being child like means (that's another) and so on. You know exactly who I am talking about.

Found in Him
Advanced Member
Member # 7596

well, hmmm... are we all full of it or what??? Jesus help us [Big Grin]

--------------------

Eden
unregistered

bluefrog wrote
quote:
EDEN...If you are trying to pick a fight, it ain't gonna happen.

In case you haven't been reading the scripts, as usual, just skimming over them and coming up with whatever comes to mind or change it in case you didn't get it, certain parties have been quite hateful to others on this board.

If you don't see that, that's unusual because you have been in on it yourself, fighting back.

There is no doubt in my mind that even bornagain sinners can still be hateful to each other (especially in "defense of the doctrine"), but I'm also a firm believer in "live and let live" or in "whatever floats your boat".

I have learned something from both friendly and from what you call more-hateful posts, but mostly it's okay with me for people to be who they want to be. And, since all of us came from Satan's world, even we bornagain Christians can still be "hateful" at times...well, ya!??

So bluefrog wrote
quote:

In case you haven't been reading the scripts, as usual, just skimming over them and coming up with whatever comes to mind or change it in case you didn't get it, certain parties have been quite hateful to others on this board.

Nobody's perfect, except for Jesus.

2 Samuel 22:26
With the merciful You will show Yourself merciful, and with the upright man You will show Yourself upright.

love, Eden
"Lord, have mercy on me a sinner", that is my cry to God

bluefrog
unregistered

If you don't see that, that's unusual because you have been in on it yourself, fighting back.

Eden
unregistered

Hi, bluefrog, you wrote
quote:
Subject: Where's the Love?
Unfortunately, not much here.

Yes, that's true, but we have at least as much love as the worldly people, and often a bit more love than the worldly people.

But in the Christian world, one thing that tends to impinge upon the love among Christians is the need to defend Christian doctrine, and then we get upset with each other and we have a hard time loving each other.

When Jesus said on the Mount that we should "love our enemies", He spoke a mouthful, and indeed, do we love our enemies when it comes to Christian doctrine?

1 Corinthians 8b
... we know that we all have knowledge. Knowledge puffs up, but charity edifies.

So which is it? Defend Christian doctrine at the expense of love? In practice that is what happens, isn't it? What are we to do?

bluefrog wrote
quote:

It's not easy "loving one's enemies", so to speak.

love, Eden

bluefrog
unregistered

EDEN...Shame on you. Why would you suggest that I was talking about Michael ? If I was I would have said so. I was talking about the subject.
Eden
unregistered

Michael Harrison wrote
quote:
Jesus was full of it. Jesus is full of it.
Yes, Jesus was and is full of it, meaning full of love. But are you full of it too, Michael Harrison? [Big Grin]

love, I mean...
Eden

Eden
unregistered

dear bluefrog, you wrote
quote:
If some clown gets way out of line then be cool and talk to them about it. If they continue then maybe twice more. If that don't work treat them like a cancer and remove them before they spread.
I hope you don't have anyone in mind here on this bbs since we are on the Topic, "Where is the Love"? But if you are saying this to Michael Harrison, I think it is an inappropriate remark, bluefrog.

love, Eden

Eden
unregistered

Michael Harrison wrote
quote:
For if one is beaming is it not because he or she is glad? Yet should he or she be?
Psalm 64:10
The righteous shall be glad in the LORD, and shall trust in Him; and all the upright in heart shall glory.

Of course we should be glad. He has made me glad, He has made me glad...yes, He has put a new song into my mouth...

Are you glad, Michael Harrison? More
over, do you think that I could be glad?

Your Topic title asks, Where is the Love?, and indeed, where is the love; even among saved sinners the love is sometimes hard to find, Amen?

love, Eden

bluefrog
unregistered

James 4:11,12 11)Speak not evil one of another, brethern, He that speaketh evil of his brother, and judgeth his brother, speaketh evil of the law, and judgeth the law; but if thou judge the law, thou art not a doer of the law, but a judge.
12) There is one Lawgiver, Who is able to save and to destroy; who art thou that judgest another?

1 Cor 4:3 But with me it is a very small thing that I should be judged of you, or of man's judgement (Paul talking here); yea, I judge not mine own self.

1 Cor 2:15 But he that is spiritual judgeth all things, yet he himself is judged of no man.

1 Cor 6:1-5 1)Dare any of you, having a matter against another, go to law before the unjust and not before the saints? 2)Do ye not know that the saints shall judge the world? and if the world shall be judged by you, are ye unworthy to judge the smallest matters?
3)Know ye not that we shall judge angels? how much more things that pertain to this life? 4) If then ye have judgments of things pertaining to this life, set them to judge who are least esteemed (counted as nothing)in the church. 5)I speak to your shame. Is it so, that there is not a wise man among you? no, not one that shall be able to judge between his brethern?

So lets not get our judgement duties confused.

1 Cor 10:15 I speak as to wise men; judge you what I say.

1 Cor 11:13-15 13) Judge in yourselves; is it comely (is it becoming) that a woman pray unto God uncovered? 14)Doth not even nature itself teach you, that, if a man have long hair, it is a shame unto him? (Hey, you artists..why do you put long hair on Jesus?)..15) But if a woman have long hair, it is a glory to her; for her hair is given her for a covering.

What's this ? Ladies don't have to wear a hat or bandana if they go into church ?

1 Cor 11:29-31 29) For he that eateth and drinketh unworthily, eateth and drinketh damnation to himself, not discerning the Lord's body, 30) For this cause many are weak and sickly among you, and many sleep(die). 31) For if we would judge ourselves, we should not be judged.

Gal 6:1 Brethern, if a man be overtaken (found out or detected) in a fault, ye which are spiritual restore such an one in the spirit of meekness, considering thyself lest thou also be tempted.

So, we are to glorify the Lord in our actions and not act like jerks. Try to settle the little stuff in church. Leave the judgement to the Lord, that is unless you have taken over His job or think you can do it just as well. If some clown gets way out of line then be cool and talk to them about it. If they continue then maybe twice more. If that don't work treat them like a cancer and remove them before they spread.

Found in Him
Advanced Member
Member # 7596

I think you may have misunderstood it. Try to read it again.

--------------------

Michael Harrison
Advanced Member
Member # 6801

[Cross]
Joh 7:24 Judge not according to the appearance, but judge righteous judgment.
[Bible]

In other words, judge not according to your understanding, but His.

[Cross]

quote:
Oswald Chambers said....
quote:
Jesus Christ said that when the Holy Spirit came He would convict of sin, and when the Holy Spirit rouses the conscience and brings him into the presence of God, it is not his relationship with men that bothers him, but his relationship with God.

"....it is not his relationship with men that bothers him, but his relationship with God...."

We have to take Oswald where he was at in understanding when he wrote that. For the Apostle John had this to say about relationship:

1Jn 1:5 This then is the message which we have heard of him, and declare unto you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all.
1Jn 1:6 If we say that we have fellowship with him, and walk in darkness, we lie, and do not the truth:

I.E. There is no darkness in God. But if we say we are in fellowship, or that we are communing with Him, and "walk in darkness," in other words, as Oswald said by saying that his relationship with God at such time bothers him, then, we 'do' not the truth.

I have to dissagree with Oswald on the title of his book. It should be titled, "His Utmost, for our Highest." For that was HIS plan. That is how HE went about it. He died for our benefit with regard to relationship with Him. Therefore if it were up to us, the gap could not be bridged. However, Jesus bridged the gap, and we 'insult' the provision of God if we do not benefit thereby. In other words, we sin.

Found in Him
Advanced Member
Member # 7596

Oswald Chambers: "Conviction of sin is one of the rarest things that ever strikes a man. It is the threshold of an understanding of God. Jesus Christ said that when the Holy Spirit came He would convict of sin, and when the Holy Spirit rouses the conscience and brings him into the presence of God, it is not his relationship with men that bothers him, but his relationship with God."

--------------------

Michael Harrison
Advanced Member
Member # 6801

Icon 8 posted      Profile for Michael Harrison     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jesus was full of it. Jesus is full of it. When HE walked the earth, it overflowed. People were changed by it. He spoke the truth in love. Yet, there were some who didn't see it, just as today. And this is why we have the 'mote and beam' message in scripture. Because people, speaking from their own understanding (carnal) accuse in their hearts, and in so doing deny the Spirit which brought them. So the message is clear not to judge errantly. But seeing by His Spirit is not judging. Judging is by the carnal nature. Discerning is by the Spirit, and is accused for being judging.

So, there were people who didn't see it in Jesus in His day, and thought Him hateful! Is it not unbelievable? The same error is rampant today, and just as largly from the Christian sector as it is from the secular. People live to find fault. That is 'beaming'! But to put it that way kinda makes it seem ok huh? For if one is beaming is it not because he or she is glad? Yet should he or she be?

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement