Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Bible Topics & Study   » The B-I-B-L-E

Author Topic: The B-I-B-L-E
bluefrog
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Seems to me that it is important that we know who is male and female in most cases but not so much on a board like this.

There was an exception with one person on a debate board. She was an athiest and had a husband and a daughter. She grew up in the Mormon church, had had sex with most anything that walked, took drugs but not hooked and was pretty smart. She spoke of her family by name often. She was a nasty person who spent about 14 hours a day on the board 7 days a week. She would get e-mail addresses from members on the board and even phone numbers then would write or call and cuss them out. She seemed very feminin.

She was a guy.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eden
unregistered

bluefrog wrote
quote:
I have a question. What difference does it make if one thinks you are a male or female?
Well, that's what I thought too and in fact I thought it was an interesting Topic in its own right, in asking, "Is there a difference between the way a Crhistian woman writes or the way a Christian man writes"?

And I thought, Well, in Christ there is neither male nor female:

Galatians 3:28
There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female; for you are all one in Christ Jesus.

So I decided at the time that it did not matter and that Jesus would and could speak to both genders equally thru the Holy Spirit, so it did not matter to me either at first if people thought I was a "brother" or a "sister" as long as what they wrote was cool.

love, Eden

bluefrog
unregistered

I have a question. What difference does it make if one thinks you are a male or female ?

The only reason I can think of is it encourages some to say things like a minute or 10 cents. ?

Eden
unregistered

Icon 5 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
WildB wrote
quote:
Eden let people believe he was a woman for a long time.
There were some members who did not do their homework by checking a member's profile to see what gender the member was--and insteady they lazily ASSUMED that Eden was a female name.

I did not correct their lazy assumption because at first it was a non-issue to me that some members called me a "sister" ... as in whatever, I had more important things to do than that.

But when one member in particular began to accuse ME of PURPOSELY leading people to believe I was a female, I corrected it.

But prior to that, I did not matter to me that some members were too lazy to do their homework to first check a member's profile to see if a member's cybername is a male or female.

Just as I cannot tell from the cybername "Found in Him" whether that is a male or female, I first checked to see if I was dealing with a female or male. Hell-o-o-o. Don't be assuming stuff and make ME look like the dunce instead of your lazy self.

Eden

Found in Him
Advanced Member
Member # 7596

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Found in Him   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by WildB:
not to worry.

That's better.

--------------------
~To Him That is able to keep you from falling and to present you before His glorious presence without fault and with great joy...to the only God our Savior be glory, majesty, power and authority, through Jesus Christ our Lord, before all ages, now and forevermore! Amen.~ Jude 24

Posts: 1503 | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WildB
Member # 2917

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WildB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
not to worry.

--------------------
That is all.....

Posts: 8775 | From: USA, MICHIGAN | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Found in Him
Advanced Member
Member # 7596

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Found in Him   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Nope . It was a great sillyness.

Let's not judge k?

Let's build up.

--------------------
~To Him That is able to keep you from falling and to present you before His glorious presence without fault and with great joy...to the only God our Savior be glory, majesty, power and authority, through Jesus Christ our Lord, before all ages, now and forevermore! Amen.~ Jude 24

Posts: 1503 | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Found in Him
Advanced Member
Member # 7596

quote:

Well, that's his prerogative I guess right?

--------------------

WildB
Member # 2917

Icon 6 posted      Profile for WildB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

--------------------
That is all.....

Posts: 8775 | From: USA, MICHIGAN | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Found in Him
Advanced Member
Member # 7596

quote:
well its most special for a boy named Sue

? ok.

--------------------

Eden
unregistered

WileB wrote to Eden
quote:
That better be what you meant~son
Yes, father. I'll send you my address so you can "cum and give me a whippun".

Matthew 23:9
And call no man your father upon the earth: for one is your Father Who is in heaven.

I'll call on Him if you come over.

love, Eden

Found in Him
Advanced Member
Member # 7596

Whatever. You guys have a great night!-- And WildB, Why do you delete your comments after you post them? I'm not sure why you do that at all. It's kinda sneaky don't you think?

--------------------

Eden
unregistered

Okay (sheepishly), "wa I meant wuz" that a number of members are up and at it LATE and suddenly brother WildB got up too...dat's wa I meant by sayin' "look what the {latenight) cat brought in..."

love, Eden

Found in Him
Advanced Member
Member # 7596

? I don't understand what you mean.

--------------------

Eden
unregistered

Look who came in with the cat...
Found in Him
Advanced Member
Member # 7596

Keep studying. [Big Grin]

--------------------

Eden
unregistered

Found in Him wrote to Eden who had said he had dropped some opinions in favor of better ones:
quote:
Like what?
Some I can't discuss here, but one noncontroversial opinion would be moving from the opinion of a 7-year pretrib rapture to the opinion that the rapture will happen contemporaneously with the Second Coming of Jesus.

love, Eden
"and there are others..."

Found in Him
Advanced Member
Member # 7596

Eden writes:

quote:
Over the years I have had to drop some opinions in favor of better opinions, after I had learned more from the Word of God.

Like what?

--------------------

Eden
unregistered

This is only the first inning, A-rod.
bluefrog
unregistered

See there ! I toad ya ! Strike Three ? hehehe

You wanna call him Turkey now too ? huh huh huh?

Found in Him
Advanced Member
Member # 7596

Now here I was just starting to like you! well, I'm still gonna- so there! [Big Grin]

--------------------

Eden
unregistered

Found in Him followed her own Topic with a post which only contained the word: "Amen..."

What now? Are we going to "Amen" our own Topics? What is the ekklesia coming to? LOL

But I suppose that is a more dignified way and indeed a more CHRISTIAN way, than merely saying, "bump".

love, Eden

Eden
unregistered

Found in Him wrote
quote:
Whenever men promote doctrines, ideas, and practices that are not founded upon Biblical truth, it is nothing more than undue speculation or human rationalization which falls into the category of false and deadly doctrine.
Sometimes men promote ideas or doctrines which do not line up with the Word of God because they are ignorant of other parts of the Word of God, and not just because of "undue speculation" or "human rationalization". Ignorance of some parts of the Word of God can also cause wrong ideas and doctrines. I know. Over the years I have had to drop some opinions in favor of better opinions, after I had learned more from the Word of God.

love, Eden

Found in Him
Advanced Member
Member # 7596

Amen...

14The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the One and Only,[d] who came from the Father, full of grace and truth.

--------------------

Found in Him
Advanced Member
Member # 7596

1When I came to you, brothers, I did not come with eloquence or superior wisdom as I proclaimed to you the testimony about God.[a] 2For I resolved to know nothing while I was with you except Jesus Christ and him crucified. 3I came to you in weakness and fear, and with much trembling. 4My message and my preaching were not with wise and persuasive words, but with a demonstration of the Spirit's power, 5so that your faith might not rest on men's wisdom, but on God's power.

“All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: that the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.”
(2 Timothy 3:16-17)

Let us never forget that our only rule of faith, doctrine, and practice is the Word of God, the Scriptures that reveal Christ and the way of salvation by God’s grace in Him alone, and all things consistent with the precious Word of Truth

Whenever men promote doctrines, ideas, and practices that are not founded upon Biblical truth, it is nothing more than undue speculation or human rationalization which falls into the category of false and deadly doctrine.

We must stick to the Word of God, because as one man wrote, “I will give you this as a most certain observation, that there never was anything of false doctrine brought into the church, or anything of false worship imposed upon the church, but either it was by neglecting the Scripture , or by introducing something above the Scripture.”

Let us cherish the Word of God above all things, and let us pray that we never be moved from seeking to have our lives ruled by it, no matter what men say. Whenever we hear men preach or teach in the name of the Lord, let us first be like the noble Bereans who when they heard Paul and Silas preach, “received the word with all readiness of mind, and search the scriptures daily, whether those things were so.” (Acts 17:11)

Let us remember that it is the holy Scriptures which “are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.” (2 Timothy 3:15)

Sometimes men will lead us in all different directions and into confusion, but the Scriptures lead us unto Christ and Him crucified. (John 5:39)

--------------------

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement