Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Bible Topics & Study   » RED LIKE CRIMSON

Author Topic: RED LIKE CRIMSON
WildB
Member # 2917

Icon 15 posted      Profile for WildB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
by Russell S. Miller

"Whereupon neither the first testament was dedicated without blood. For when Moses had spoken every precept to all the people according to the Law, he took the blood of calves and of goats, with water, and scarlet wool, and hyssop, and sprinkled both the book, and all the people, Saying, This is the blood of the testament which God hath enjoined unto you" (Heb.9:18-20).

There are three different Hebrew words for "crimson" in the Old Testament with 41 occurrences translated by four different English words in our King James Version of the Bible. Of these Hebrew words one is always rendered "crimson" in the English (IIChron. 2:7,14; 3:14). Another is rendered by "scarlet," "scarlet thread," and "crimson," in 35 passages. While the third Hebrew word is translated "worms" in Exodus 16:20, "like crimson" in Isaiah 1:18, and "scarlet" in Lamentations 4:5.

Another interesting Hebrew word, "worm," so rendered seven times, used of the color from it and of the cloths dyed therewith, is also translated "scarlet" twenty-nine times. Under the law, in David's day, a sacrifice was required for sin. The Psalmist, therefore, uses the same word in Psalm 22:6 to describe the Lord's sufferings on the cross as your sin, and mine, twisted and wrenched His body: "But I am a worm, and no man; a reproach of men, and despised of the people" (Psa.22:6). Not only was there the shame and disgrace associated with that accursed cross, but these words also speak of the writhing agony that His soul bore for the sin of the world (IICor.5:21).

"And about the ninth hour Jesus cried with a loud voice, saying, Eli, Eli, lama sabachthani? that is to say, My God, My God, why hast Thou forsaken Me?" (Matt.27:46).

The prophet Isaiah also described our Lord, and His appearance, as He suffered there for your sins and mine: "His visage was so marred more than any man, and His form more than the sons of men" (Isa.52:14). They "scourged" the Lord, and made Him carry that heavy wooden cross until He could no longer bear up under its weight. They drove spikes into His hands and feet and they "crucified" Him in "a place called Golgotha--a place of a skull" (Matt.27:27-35). The Lord's words in John 15:25 could not have been more true; "They hated Me without a cause." Yet from that cruel cross, our Lord prayed, "Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do" (Luke 23:34), and still the Father pleads:

"Come now, and let us reason together, saith the Lord: though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool" (Isa.1:18).

In the revelation that was given to the Apostle Paul, he further confirms these things concerning the sufferings of Christ and His death on Calvary's cross: "For [God] hath made Him to be sin for us, [Christ] who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in Him" (IICor.5:21). That "scarlet thread" (Jos.2:18,21) that followed Joshua, and Israel, throughout their history answers to the blood-stained cross of Calvary, and we must also look to Jesus Christ, and Calvary's cross for salvation from sin today. The blood that flowed from the crown of His head, from His hands and feet, and from His side that was pierced with that spear, was NOT tainted with sin. The Creator, our Lord Jesus Christ, died, that day, to redeem the creature from his sins.

"Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the Law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree" (Gal.3:13).

"Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation THROUGH FAITH in His blood, to declare His righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God; To declare, I say, at this time His righteousness: that [God] might be just, and the Justifier of him which believeth in Jesus" (Rom.3:25,26).

Have you trusted the Lord Jesus Christ as your Saviour? Won't you trust His finished work of redemption on your behalf? Won't you believe on Him who died for you on that cross to save you from your sins? Believe, and be saved, today.

--------------------
That is all.....

Posts: 8775 | From: USA, MICHIGAN | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement