Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Bible Topics & Study   » Does Satan talk to unsaved people? And can Satan still talk to saved people?

Author Topic: Does Satan talk to unsaved people? And can Satan still talk to saved people?
bluefrog
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In Ephesians 6:12
For we wrestle NOT against flesh and blood, but against principalities (rulers), against powers, against the RULERS OF THE DARKNESS of the world, against SPIRITUAL WICKEDNESS in high places.

Probably some of the most abused believers are pastors and teachers. Believers who are mature in their walk with Christ tend to naturally choose to avoid Satan's little pitty parties and things they used to do but don't think that the snare isn't out there for them. That is what repentance is for when they mess up...Whewww!

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Beauty of Holiness777
Advanced Member
Member # 7380

Icon 1 posted      Profile for The Beauty of Holiness777     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ephesians 6:12
For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

Jesus said, His sheep knows His voice and a stranger's they will not hear. John 10.

--------------------
In God I'am Complete.
I am a "Spiritual Being" living in a physical body.
{Prayer - a force that reaches people and places when we can't}

Posts: 192 | From: God's Universe | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eden
unregistered

Icon 5 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
bluefrog wrote to Eden
quote:
Ya say that Satan directs his interests to saved people? I think that he does too but he must keep his team on the field, like abortions, same sex marriage, drugs, stuff and those who throw God out of schools and government.
Satan is NOT as interested in those things as he is in PREVENTING THE UNBELIEVERS FROM BECOMING BELIEVERS in Jesus in the first place:

Mark 4:15
And these are they by the wayside, where the word is sown; but after they had heard, Satan comes immediately and takes away the word that was sown in their hearts.

Because once people become CHRISTIANS, their opinions about right and wrong in society change.

My point is that Satan directs his attention almost PRIMARILY at the people who are "tampering with believing that Christian stuff", whenever a demon sees someone "pick up a Bible to see what it says", all that "gets reported immediately".

But the UNsaved? Harumph. As long as they operate out of their soul, they are going to "hell in a hand-basket all by themselves":

Revelation 11:18
And the nations were angry and Your wrath is come and the time of the dead, that they should be judged, and that You should give reward to your servants the prophets and to the saints and to them who fear Your name, small and great; and You should destroy them who destroy the earth.

Satan has to spend very little time "monitoring" the unsaved. But even the "slightest interest in that Christian stuff" will NOT GO UNREPORTED.

Lastly, bluefrog, you said
quote:
For me, I don't hear different tones of voice when God or Satan speaks to me.
I know, you only hear: "rivet", "rivet". [type] [roll on floor]

love, Eden

bluefrog
unregistered

Hi Eden, it's me again....

I don't think that Satan wants the earth destroyed. He wants God destroyed so he can have the earth. He also wants gobs of people to worship him, don't ya know...he will make life so gooder, so he says.

Ya say that Satan directs his interests to saved people ? I think that he does too but he must keep his team on the field, like abortions, same sex marriage, drugs, stuff and those who throw God out of schools and government.

For me, I don't hear different tones of voice when God or Satan speaks to me.

Eden
unregistered

bluefrog wrote
quote:
You are a believer or not. Satan will set his sights on you whichever you are...
I'm not so sure that Satan is that interested or has to do much of anything for or to the non-believers.

God needs the earth to "grow" Himself sons and daughters in Christ, so one object of Satan is to destroy the earth so that God has no place to "grow" these sons and daughers of God.

But the Adamic non-believers will destroy the earth all by their OWN behavior, so Lucifer/Satan probably has to do VERY LITTLE to achieve destruction of the earth.

But Christians is another story.

Lucifer/Satan has a finite workforce (only one-third of the original angels sinned), so Satan has to allocate his resources well, so I think that Satan's efforts are almost ALL directed at SAVED people.

Now, saved people are using their spirit of man again, so can Lucifer/Satan speak to the spirit of man, just as God is speaking to the spirit of man?

Well, up to a point maybe, because the new life of Christ has also been GRAFTED in our spirit, and "He who is in me is greater than he (Satan) who is in the world".

And probably the more that we have been listening to the Spirit of God in our spirit, the more we also recognize the voice of Satan, as being very akin to our own voice, because both are based on soul self-rule and have the "same tone" to them.

So the more we listen to God's Spirit and "get to know how the Spirit speaks", the easier it becomes to reject as "baloney" what Lucifer/Satan "just tried to say", as in when I hear people talk on TV, I find myself muting them with the words, "shut up, devil".

love, Eden

Michael Harrison
Advanced Member
Member # 6801

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Michael Harrison     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Doubt is satan talking. Unbelief is satan yelling. Satan does 'talk' to the redeemed. But it is not as though he is sitting on their shoulder.
Posts: 3273 | From: Charlotte N.C. | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bluefrog
unregistered

You are a believer or not. Satan will set his sites on you which ever you are, but he can be made to leave by telling him to scram. Once indwelled by the Holy Spirit, and you begin to listen to his guidance and that of the bible, you can hold your own. When you slip, repent.
WildB
Member # 2917

Icon 18 posted      Profile for WildB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ephesians 6:16 Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked.

--------------------
That is all.....

Posts: 8775 | From: USA, MICHIGAN | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Michael Harrison
Advanced Member
Member # 6801

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Michael Harrison     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The unsaved are already a part of satan.
Posts: 3273 | From: Charlotte N.C. | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bluefrog
unregistered

Does Satan talk to unsaved people? And can Satan still talk to saved people ?

I will attempt to add my two cents (in type)

Satan doesn't actually talk to saved or unsaved people in a language you can understand and hear.
He can and does get his message to saved or unsaved the best way he knows how...craftiness.
He plants thoughts in your mind like God does, who by the way, he is attempting to portray.

One more thing about Satan. Have you noticed that he is a pretty bad character ? Of course you have. But consider this....Why hasn't he been put out of his misery already? If, being the master and originator of sin he were eliminated, wouldn't man then turn to God out of Fear instead of Love ? I think so. All of us must approach the throne, including Satan because the course must be run.

Eden
unregistered

TheBeautyofHoliness777 wrote
quote:
Of course satan speaks to saved people the scripture above is for saved people.

We are in a spiritual warfare we encounter voices that interact with our thoughts and emotions.

okay...voices. Are you saying that spiritual beings, or in this case bad angels who are spirit, can speak in "voices" from outside of people and that these "voices" can penetrate the skull of people and "interact with our thoughts"?

So evenso spirits are invisible and have no body, they can emit "voices"?

love, Eden

The Beauty of Holiness777
Advanced Member
Member # 7380

Icon 1 posted      Profile for The Beauty of Holiness777     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ephesians 4:26
Be ye angry , and sin not; Let not the sun go down on your wrath.

Of course satan speaks to saved people the scripture above is for saved people.

We are in a spiritual warfare we encounter voices that interact with our thoughts and emotions.

The only thing is when we get angry don't let it control us or when those thoughts of deciet comes in we must resist them.

--------------------
In God I'am Complete.
I am a "Spiritual Being" living in a physical body.
{Prayer - a force that reaches people and places when we can't}

Posts: 192 | From: God's Universe | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eden
unregistered

GlorybelongstoHim wrote
quote:
Satan is a deceiver and a liar he speaks through false preachers, sorcery and witchcraft in gets into the minds of people with demonic forces. The unbeleiver have no power against satan. So sin they will.
Okay, Satan lies and deceives thru false preachers and sorcery and withcraft. But are those the only way that Satan can speak to unsaved people, through the 3 kinds of things you mentioned?

Because it seems to me that the Bible says that "all have sinned", but there are MANY people who have "never bothered to listen to a preacher, let alone a false preacher" and there are MANY people who have never dabbled in "sorcery" or in "witchcraft".

And yet the Bible declares that "all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God". So that means that Satan/Lucifer either can still talk HIMSELF to all unsaved people, or perhaps...

Perhaps we have always ASSUMED that Lucifer/Satan still has to do a lot to help make the world a wicked place, but maybe Lucifer/Satan does not need to do ANYTHING to unsaved people to make them wicked.

Man's wickedness is based on man's desire to operate his own life from the soul without further input from the Spirit of God ("I can do THIS myself") and "they went everyone their own way"), so man himself creates wickedness by operating from the soul level.

Maybe Lucifer/Satan needs to DO NOTHING to keep unsaved people just as they are. Maybe the ONLY people that keep Lucifer/Satan busy, are the Christians?

So maybe Satan does not talk to unsaved people.

But can Satan talk in some way to saved people? Christians have access to the spirit of man and to the Spirit of God again, and does that also provide Lucifer/Satan again with an avenue of communication, the spirit of man, or not?

love, Eden

Eden
unregistered

Hi, oneinchrist, you wrote to Eden
quote:
If the devil talks through someone it is usually manifest in a spirit of doubt or fear ... doubting God or fearing your reputation for example.
But the devil is a spirit and does not have a body like we have. I can see how the devil can have talked to Adam and Eve by talking to their spirit of man.

And Satan convinced Adam and Eve to "go their own soul way" instead of "bothering to listen to that spirit of yours".

So since the fall of Adam and Eve, mankind has ignored his spirit and now operates his own life from his own soul.

Satan is a spirit, but when Lucifer/Satan sinned in heaven, presumably God is no longer giving Lucifer/Satan divine "new life" or no longer gives Satan "spiritual advice".

But even without that, Lucifer/Satan continued to live, so probably Lucifer/Satan also has a spirit and a soul but not a body but Satan is an entity.

So if Lucifer/Satan was created a spirit and a soul, is Lucifer/Satan now still operating through his soul?

And so does Satan talk from his soul level to the soul of the Adamic people who are not saved?

And what how this "soul" to "soul" communication work if "one" soul is "invisible" and "one" soul is in a physical body"?

How can Satan talk to people?

How does Satan do it and what do the unsaved Adamic people do so that they can hear from Satan?

What can Satan do? Send suggestions like radio waves to the mind of individuals and these radio waves or signals penetrate beyond the skull into the soul center of an unsaved person?

What does Satan do to keep the unsaved people in his kingdom of the world in line, or does he not have to do anything to keep them in line?

Does Satan only need to keep the Christians in line but does not care and really does not need to interfere much with his own "unsaved people" because ONLY Christian salvation is THE ONLY THING that really bothers and concerns Lucifer/Satan?

Does Lucifer/Satan have to DO NOTHING for his kingdom to mostly remain "what it currently is" and "hopefully to self-destruct", or does Lucifer/Satan have to do SOMETHING to keep the things in his kingdom going a certain way?

love, Eden

Glory belongs to Him
Advanced Member
Member # 7432

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Glory belongs to Him     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Satan is a deceiver and a liar he speaks through false preachers, sorcery and witchcraft in gets into the minds of people with demonic forces. The unbeleiver have no power against satan. So sin they will.

God's Word tells us the resist the devil and he will flee. (James 4:7)

Not saying that he will not return because he will.

It also tells us that greater is He who is in us, than he who is in the world. We therefore must put on the whole armor of God to fight against the devil and his devices.

Selah,

--------------------
If you ever get so hungry for God that you are in pursuit of Him, He will do things for you that He won't do for anybody else.

Posts: 112 | From: USA | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
oneinchrist
Advanced Member
Member # 6532

Icon 1 posted      Profile for oneinchrist     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Eden,
If a person has said in their heart, "Your will Lord, not mine", I believe that God will lead them in the right direction. It wont matter what the devil has to say. In a close knit relationship with God you will grow in a greater and greater sense of how the enemy tries to thwart Gods purposes in your life and the life of other Christians.

For the unbeliever, the devil does not need to war against them.

If the devil talks through someone it is usually manifest in a spirit of doubt or fear........doubting God or fearing your reputation for example.

Im in kind of a hurry this morning on the way to work. Will talk later my friend.

With love in Christ, Daniel

Posts: 1389 | From: Wind Lake, WI | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eden
unregistered

I can see how Satan who was and is a spirit, could have talked to the spirit of Adam, but now that Adam's descendants are all operating from their soul, and ignoring their spirit, how does Satan talk to them now? [Confused]

And can Satan also still talk to saved people? And if so, how is that done?

love, Eden

Eden
unregistered

Does Satan talk to unsaved people?

And how does Satan talk to unsaved people?

And can Satan still talk to Christians also?

And if Satan can talk to Christians also, "which instrument inside of this saved man" does Satan use to talk to Christians?

Does Satan talk to a Chrisian's "spirit of man"?

If Satan is a spirit, can Satan talk to the "soul" of man?

Can Satan, who is a spirit, talk to an unsaved person who is operating his life from the "soul" level, and who is thus "ignoring his spirit"?

How does Satan talk to a person who is "operating his own body from the soul's ability only" and who thus "ignores his spirit"?

How does Satan talk to him??? [Confused] [Confused] [Confused]
The Bible says that the angels are spirits:

Hebrews 1
13 But to which of the angels said He at any time, "Sit on My right hand, until I make your enemies your footstool?

14 Are they not all ministering spirits, sent forth to minister for them who shall be heirs of salvation?

When I read or heard the Written Word of God or the Bible, the words of the Bible were "spirit and life" to me:

John 6:63
It is the spirit that quickens; the flesh profits nothing: the words that I speak to you, they are spirit and they are life.

And these spirit or new life words "reactivated my spirit of man" which I "did not even know I had" because that instrument in me had "lain idle and not been used" since Adam and Eve sinned by "ignoring the spirit" and now "living their life by their own soul thinking.

Now Satan is a spirit, so I can see how Satan could have spoken to the spirit of Adam and Eve in the garden of Eden.

But my question is, how does Satan talk to the unsaved people who don't even know they have a spirit of man and they are only operating out of the soul? How does Satan who is a spirit talk to them once they are operating in the soul? [Confused] [Confused] [Confused]

love, Eden

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement