Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Bible Topics & Study   » for he says, The old is better

Author Topic: for he says, The old is better
bluefrog
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Eden....BTV means Before TV.

Trust me, old isn't better in this case. I wonder if that is where "Old Bag" came from ?

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WildB
Member # 2917

Icon 18 posted      Profile for WildB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bottles in that day were made of leather skins.

Old wine had already did its magic in the then "new" now old skin. That was ok.

To refill that same skin with "new" wine would cause it to rupture because of the fermenting pressures.

You probably could get away with it a few times, but after awhile the oils of the skin would be lost and a eternal base line cracking would a cure.

--------------------
That is all.....

Posts: 8775 | From: USA, MICHIGAN | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eden
unregistered

Icon 5 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
bluefrog wrote
quote:
I had to find out what the title of your script meant. The Old is Better.

Because I am BTV I would like to know why Old is Better. Yuk Yuk

I know what Yuk Yuk is, but what is BTV?

oneinchrist, you wrote
quote:
The Holy Spirit(New Wine) is given only to those who are ready and willing to obey (New bottles)

The Holy Spirit (New Wine) is not given to those who have a rebellious spirit (old bottles)

That IS one possible interpretation. I think that the scriptures dealing with "old wine" and "new wine" refer to us in our "first Adamic bodies" as "old bottles" or "old wineskins" and "new wineskins".

And Jesus is saying that "these old bottles" (these "first Adamic bodies") "cannot contain ALL of the "wine wine", i.e, these old Adamic bodies "cannot contain the full glory that was in Jesus", and for that reason God has to give us "new wineskins", ie., when our bodies are glorified, for "new wine must be put into new bottles or wineskins, for else they will break and both the new life of God and the person will perish".

That's what I think the scripture means that says that God "cannot put new wine into old bottles".

Job 32:19
Behold, my belly is as wine which has no vent; it is ready to burst like new bottles.

Matthew 9:17
Neither do men put new wine into old bottles: for else the bottles break and the wine runs out and the bottles perish: but they put new wine into new bottles, and both are preserved.

Luke 5:38
But new wine must be put into new bottles; and then both are preserved.

To repeat what you said, oneinchrist:
quote:
The Holy Spirit(New Wine) is given only to those who are ready and willing to obey(New bottles)

The Holy Spirit (New Wine) is not given to those who have a rebellious spirit (old bottles).

This does not address at all the elemnt of "the old bottle perishing if new wine is put in".

love, Edenstein the Ephraimite
I should have known. Before my mother passed away, she began to say, "oy, oy, oy" more frequently.

oneinchrist
Advanced Member
Member # 6532

Icon 1 posted      Profile for oneinchrist     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Holy Spirit(New Wine) is given only to those who are ready and willing to obey(New bottles)

The Holy Spirit (New Wine) is not given to those who have a rebellious spirit (old bottles)

With love in Christ, Daniel

Posts: 1389 | From: Wind Lake, WI | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bluefrog
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had to find out what the title of your script meant. The Old is Better.

Because I am BTV I would like to know why Old is Better. Yuk Yuk

Eden
unregistered

Icon 5 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Luke 5:39
Also no man, having drunk old wine, straightway desires the new: for he says, The old is better. [roll on floor]

Matthew 13:52
Then He said to them, Therefore every scribe who is instructed unto the kingdom of heaven is like a man who is a householder who brings forth out of his treasure things NEW and OLD.

Now, NO MAN puts new wine into old bottles. Why?

Mark 2:22
No man puts new wine into old bottles: for else the new wine bursts the old bottles, and the wine is spilled, and the bottles are marred: but new wine must be put into new bottles.

1 Corinthians 15
42 So also is the resurrection of the dead. It is sown in corruption; it is raised in incorruption.

43 It is sown in dishonor; it is raised in glory; it is sown in weakness; it is raised in power.

44 It is sown a natural body; it is raised a spiritual body. There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body.

1 Corinthians 13:9
For now we know in part and we prophesy in part.

1 Corinthians 13:12
For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then we shall see face to face: now I know in part; but then I shall know even as I am also known now.

45 And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; but the last Adam was made a quickening spirit.

Which means?

Luke 5:39
Also no man, having drunk old wine, straightway desires the new: for he says, The old is better. [roll on floor]

love, Eden

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement