Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Bible Topics & Study   » Change

Author Topic: Change
The Beauty of Holiness777
Advanced Member
Member # 7380

Icon 1 posted      Profile for The Beauty of Holiness777     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For things to get better sometimes we must get better.
Sometimes our circumstances change for the better, but we stay the same. There are things in all our lives that must die through prayer, fasting and submission to the Lord Jesus Christ.

It is important what happens to us, but it is more important what happens in us.

Psalm 51:1-19
David didn't ask for a change in his circumstances but cried out Lord change me. He prays for a clean heart and a right Spirit. He knew that "a broken Spirit, a broken contrite heart were necessary for the Lord to make a change in Him. David basicly prayed saying; Lord, I have sinned against You, clean me up; change me so that I can be a blessing to your people.

His attitude was quite different from that expressed by Saul. When he said; I have sinned; yet honor me now, I pray thee, before the elders of my people, and before Israel. (1 Samuel 15:30)

He was not interested in a real change in his life through repentance. He was more interested in how he appeared before the people.

Lord change our circumstances then change us maybe what some may say.
Matthew 6:28;

Jesus said consider the lilies, these flowers grow where they are planted.

Many of us refuse to grow where we are placed and because of that we never take root anywhere. Instead we want to be planted in a better set of crcumstances.

It is said of a man that had issues as these he said, "I have found the problem and "It is I".

For things to get better, sometimes we must get better.

Love and peace to All. [Smile]

--------------------
In God I'am Complete.
I am a "Spiritual Being" living in a physical body.
{Prayer - a force that reaches people and places when we can't}

Posts: 192 | From: God's Universe | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement