Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Bible Topics & Study   » Form & Reality

Author Topic: Form & Reality
The Beauty of Holiness777
Advanced Member
Member # 7380

Icon 1 posted      Profile for The Beauty of Holiness777     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
2 Timothy 3:1-5
This know that also in the last days perilous times shall come,

For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,

Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good,

Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasure more than lovers of God.

Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.

There is a vast difference between form and reality. Our Lord Jesus Christ clearly indicates that it is possibe for one to be ecclestastically correct to preach to work miracles, to be successfully busy in the name of the Lord.

Matthew 7:21-23
Not everyone that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the Will of My Father which is in heaven.

Many will say unto Me in that day Lord, Lord have we not prophesied in the name and in thy name cast out deviils?; and in thy name done many wonderful works?

And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you; depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

This difference between form and reality is no idle subject. Nor is it just a beginning point for a sermon that is to go on.
It is important to each of us as a jugalar vein. God's Word says that if you have the Son of God (Salvation) you have life-that is reality. And if you do not have the Son as your Savior, as your teacheer, as your guide everything else is meaningless form. It's all vanity absolutey nothing.

It is dreadfully possible to be sitting in church, looking alive, but actually be a spiritual corpse. Having a whole lot of busy work got for the church is not enough. We must have the assurance of the Holy Spirit presence working within us knowing that we are children of God.
This is what counts for this is our living truth. Not busy work but the miracle of the power of God working in us. Jesus is our guide and teacher and being in the King of Kings College is to be a geniune Christian letting God in every area of our lives. The Lord Jesus has to be real when the clothes line breaks, when we have a blow out on the way to an important meeting, when you are held up in traffic and so on.

Even when we think life is not fair and things just don't seem to be going right Jesus must still be the "Lord of our Lives." He has to be real where we live, and when and where we hurt and if He is real there, nothing else matters; Because everything else of value stems from it.

--------------------
In God I'am Complete.
I am a "Spiritual Being" living in a physical body.
{Prayer - a force that reaches people and places when we can't}

Posts: 192 | From: God's Universe | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement