Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Bible Topics & Study   » God's Masterpiece

Author Topic: God's Masterpiece
Eden
unregistered

Icon 5 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Glory belongs to Him wrote
quote:
Yes! And what is more amazing how some women are working for the men from whence that rib came!!
And what's even more amazing how some men are working for the women who came from that rib!!

love, Eden

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Glory belongs to Him
Advanced Member
Member # 7432

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Glory belongs to Him     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Beauty of Holiness777 wrote;

quote:
Isn't it really amazing how some men still have to work hard for that rib today!!
Yes! And what is more amazing how some women are working for the men from whence that rib came!!

--------------------
If you ever get so hungry for God that you are in pursuit of Him, He will do things for you that He won't do for anybody else.

Posts: 112 | From: USA | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eden
unregistered

And what is of course amazing is that on the right side of our ribs, there is one less rib than on the left side.

The reason for that is of course because the heart is fairly smalland is located under the left ribs.

But the much larger liver is located under the right ribs, and to make room for the large liver, Darwin made one less rib on the right side. That Darwin, always thinking ahead!

love, Eden

The Beauty of Holiness777
Advanced Member
Member # 7380

Icon 1 posted      Profile for The Beauty of Holiness777     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Isn't it really amazing how some men still have to work hard for that rib today!!!

God made the woman out of Adam's rib that was so very close to his heart. [Smile]

--------------------
In God I'am Complete.
I am a "Spiritual Being" living in a physical body.
{Prayer - a force that reaches people and places when we can't}

Posts: 192 | From: God's Universe | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bluefrog
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As I see it, God saved the creation of man to last so that the heretics couldn't say that man had a hand in it.

As for Eve, the plan was to make her much more beautiful and hard working but Adam asked how much this was going to cost. When he found it was going to cost an arm and a leg, he asked what he could get for a rib. [pound]

Advanced Member
Member # 7380

Icon 1 posted      Profile for The Beauty of Holiness777     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello Eden I was wondering when you would make a response. [Smile]

God has no limitations He has power beyond nature and beyond human comprehension.

Genesis 1:3;
And God SAID let there be light: and there was light.

He didn't make it He just spoke (said) the word "Let there be" and it happen.

1:6;
And God said, "let there be" a firmament....
(Heaven was created after there was light)

1:9;
And God SAID "let the waters under the heavens be gathered" unto one place, and let the dry land appear; and it was so.

1:11;
And God SAID "let the earth bring" forth grass.....and it was so.

God is all powerful and HE is"The Great I am that I am". He has the power to speak and did speak things into existence.

Matthew 8:8;
But the centurion said Lord, I am not worthy for you to come under my roof, but just say (Speak) the word and my servant will be healed.

It is obvious to see that there are things God did speak into existence.
But man He did not.

--------------------
In God I'am Complete.

Posts: 192 | From: God's Universe | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eden
unregistered

Hi, The Beauty of Holiness777, in the beginning paragraphs you were saying how God SPOKE things into existence by saying "LET us make ...."

But then you began to propose that God's Prize Possession or Prize Object, was not created by LET by that man was MADE BY PERSONAL ATTENTION.

But look at this verse that you yourself posted[quote]Genesis 1:26
And God said LET us make man in our image; after our likeness.

First a LET, then a MAKE:

Genesis 1:26
And God said LET us MAKE man in our image; after our likeness.

To me, it is likely that EVERY LET, God "began to create" or "MAKE" that which He had proposed with the LET US.

Only, the shorten the Intro chapter, God kept the details of His other LETs to Himself but DID set forth the details of His Most Important LET US:

And God said [b]LET us MAKE man in our image; after our likeness.

The other LETs were ALSO actually FOLLOWED by a MAKE, but those MAKES were just not mentioned by God in order to "hurry the reader along toward God's ultimate purpose for having created the earth".

love, Eden

Glory belongs to Him
Advanced Member
Member # 7432

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Glory belongs to Him     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Very true Adam was made from dust the basic element of the earth, which itself is inorganic-without form. God truly done a wonderous work in making the human body.
When Adam took his first breath he became a living being.

It is said he was made in God's image but did not become an immortal spirit on the same level as God.

Ezekiel 18:4
The soul that sinneth, it shall die.

My thought is this;
Even when we are changed from corruptible to incorruptible, from mortality to immortality our spirits will not be on the same level as God.

Selah

--------------------
If you ever get so hungry for God that you are in pursuit of Him, He will do things for you that He won't do for anybody else.

Posts: 112 | From: USA | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Advanced Member
Member # 7380

(Genesis 3:9) In the sweat of thy face shalt thou eat bread, till thou return unto the ground; for out of it wast thou taken, for dust thou art, and dust shalt thou return.

In taking anatomy and studying the human body it is truly unique the way God took time to uniquely make man. Upon learning the awesome ways in which the human body functions one can truly see why man who is made in the image of God should glorify God.

The human body is made up of materials and minerals found on the surface of the ground, and not the core of the earth. There are 59 elements found in the human body that are all found (on) the earth's crust. God mixed dust to water to produce clay why else would it say in Job 10:9;

Remember, I beseech thee that thou hast made me (as) the clay; and wilt thou bring me unto dust again?

Clay contains more water than dust. Water is the primary substance and the leading agent on the functions that take place in the human body. When God made man He place a certain amount of water in man as well. He made man made in a way that even man's body was lacking for nothing except one thing.

God's breath of His Spirit; God breath into man's nostril the breathe of life, and man became a living soul.

What a Mighty God! He deserves our praise [clap2] [dance] He is worthy of the Glory!!

--------------------
In God I'am Complete.

Advanced Member
Member # 7380

It's amazing how in the beginning God spoke all things into existence. When He created heaven and earth and He wanted light He said "Let" there be light. He said "Let" there be a firmament, even when He divided the waters He said "Let"; and "Let" the earth bring forth grass, "Let" the earth bring forth living creatures and so on.

But for His most prize creation His masterpiece of all creations He did not speak it into existence He made, and formed man with His hands.

And God said Let us MAKE man in our image; after our likeness:
(Someone in His own image who would be a recipient of His Love)

Psalm 139:14 says;
Man is fearfully and wonderfully made:

Ephesians 2:10 says;
We are His workmanship created in Christ Jesus to do good works which God has before ordained that we should walk in them.

Man was created in God's image God breath His anointed breath into man and gave man life. Man was ordained from the time God made Him to do good works and to do God's Will.

God designed man inside out He gave man every organ, vein, artery, skelton bones and all. God carefully and wonderfully made man.

There was a time that people would say that God made man out of the ground. But Scripture doesn't quite say it that way.

Genesis 2:7 says;
And the Lord God formed man of the (DUST) of the ground, and breathed into His nostrils the breath of life, and man became a living soul.

Dust is loose-fine particles of earth that are blow away.

Nevertheless, scripture says God formed man of the (Dust) of the ground.

Genesis 3:19;
Say for dust you are and dust you shall return....

--------------------
In God I'am Complete.

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement