Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Bible Topics & Study   » What is the true test of our faith?

Author Topic: What is the true test of our faith?
The Beauty of Holiness777
Advanced Member
Member # 7380

Icon 1 posted      Profile for The Beauty of Holiness777     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good Post Daniel [thumbsup2]

I have to agree that our faith will be tested to see how strong we are in the Lord. At first when we become saved our tests and trials are small; but as we walk more and more with the Lord and doing His Will they become bigger. Sometimes it may seems like we are surrounded by them and time God delivers us out of one; Here comes one of satan's little imp's sometimes a private all depends on how big the test or trial is as Eden has stated.

Since God has us encamped with Angels night and day they help us in our tests and trials as well.
But for the really big ones that the Colonel's and Admiral imps bring as it was with Shadrack, Meshack and Abenego God will step in the fire with us Himself and bring us out!

Eden is right about satan not worrying about the ones he already has in his web of deciet. His main objective now is to go after the ones who belong to God the redeem. He knows what he lost when he was throwed out of heaven he lost the best and now he don't want to see man in Paradise. Because he knows there is no hope of him every returning there.

--------------------
In God I'am Complete.
I am a "Spiritual Being" living in a physical body.
{Prayer - a force that reaches people and places when we can't}

Posts: 192 | From: God's Universe | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Michael Harrison
Advanced Member
Member # 6801

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Michael Harrison     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
FWIW oneinchrist, HE is fully able to accommodate HIS cause. This is why the only thing HE requires of us is to, "Seek first the Kingdom of God," because there is something to discover. And until Christ IS our life, He is not being ministered to . [updown] [spiny] [updown]
Posts: 3273 | From: Charlotte N.C. | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eden
unregistered

Icon 5 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
oneinchrist wrote
quote:
It seems to make all the sense to me that "our faith in Jesus" and our "loyalty towards His cause" would be the "target" that Satan would have his sights on considering that he does not desire that the Name of Jesus gains credibility in the eyes of man. Satan hates to see loyalty and faithfullness towards Jesus because it is a direct threat to his kingdom of darkness.
Of couse. I believe that every unsaved person who even comes close to picking up a Bible for the first time, has a demonic imp assigned to him, to make sure that "this does not go any further".

Satan only has a finite number of demonic imps to do his dirty work, so Satan does not care about the unsaved people who do not even come close to thinking about the Bible--Satan does not need to watch those; Satan only watches those who are contemplating something related to the Bible.

At first only a minor imp is assigned to an unsaved person who is considering the validity of the Bible and if that unsaved person continues in this endeavor to "find out the truth about Jesus", then this minor imp is replaced by a more important imp higher up on the hierarchy.

So Satan only watches those who are potentially going to "light up a Jesus fire". Satan does not care about the rest.

be blessed, Eden

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
oneinchrist
Advanced Member
Member # 6532

Icon 1 posted      Profile for oneinchrist     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have thought about this subject many times in the past and I have come to believe that the true test of our faith is the test of our faith in Jesus and our loyalty towards His cause. It seems to make all the sense to me that "our faith in Jesus" and our "loyalty towards His cause" would be the "target" that Satan would have his sights on considering that he does not desire that the Name of Jesus gains credibility in the eyes of man. Satan hates to see loyalty and faithfullness towards Jesus because it is a direct threat to his kingdom of darkness.
All in all, I believe that it can only be in the face of adversity, where it becomes truely evident where it is that we put our trust.

With love in Christ, Daniel

Posts: 1389 | From: Wind Lake, WI | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement