Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Bible Topics & Study   » The Heavens of Heavens

Author Topic: The Heavens of Heavens
The Beauty of Holiness777
Advanced Member
Member # 7380

Icon 1 posted      Profile for The Beauty of Holiness777     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Eden wrote;
So may I ask, do you call that "being present with the Lord" and if so how are they "present"?

Eden I can see that you are one who seek answers so you fit Proverbs 4:7 very well.

Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom. And with all thy getting get understanding.

That scripture should apply for us all so here is my reply to the question you asked above at least I will try.

Can you name me somewhere God is not, Psalm 139:7-10 says;

Whither shall I flee from thy presence?
If I ascend up into heaven, thou are there;
If I make my bed in hell, behold thou are there.

(Yes, even hell belongs to God but it was originally made for satan and the fallen Angels)

If I take the wings of the morning, and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea;
Even there shall thy hand lead me,
And thy right hand shall hold me.

Scripture tell us that Enoch, and Elijah who did not die a physical death went to heaven.

Moses and Elijah appeared together at Christ transfiguration.

Stephen ascended when he gave up his Spirit in the body. He seen the heavens open, and Jesus standing on the right hand of the Father. Stephen dies saying "Lord receive my spirit".

So let's say it this way "To be present with Him would no doubt be "To be in His veiw even in death for He is thy Keeper; He shall preserve thy going out and thy coming in from this time forth, and even forever more. (Psalm 121:5-8)

This is my reply to the question you ask; Now, what say you? [Smile]

--------------------
In God I'am Complete.
I am a "Spiritual Being" living in a physical body.
{Prayer - a force that reaches people and places when we can't}

Posts: 192 | From: God's Universe | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eden
unregistered

Icon 5 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi, The Beauty of Holiness777, you wrote to Eden
quote:
1 Corinthians 15:52 / 1 Thess. 4:16
We shall not all sleep; The dead in Christ shall rise first; and we that remain shall be changed in the twinkling of an eye.

So if the dead in Christ shall rise first they are not now walking around heaven participating in anything would you say?

Right, they are not walking around having fun with Jesus if they need to be raised at the rapture and/or at the Second Coming of Jesus.

So may I ask, do you call that "being present with the Lord" and if so, how are they "present"?

You futher said
quote:
Concerning the seven heavens if it's biblical and in the Word of God by all means I want to know. I heard someone ask that question a while back about seven heavens, but no one was able to answer it.
I'll look for it, to see if I can still find it. The short study includes the 7 Hebrew names for the 7 heavens too, from the OT.
quote:
There is a theology that there is seven earths as well.

Scripture only says that "Heaven and earth will pass away. Doesn't mention anything about earths.

I only know of 2 earths and 2 skies: our present earth and sky, and the renewed earth and sky, those are the only 2 the Bible speaks of, IMO.
quote:
I only believe what's in the Word of God nothing more, nothing less.
Good. I like that.

love, Eden

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Advanced Member
Member # 7380

Icon 1 posted      Profile for The Beauty of Holiness777     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Luke 16:23
The bosom of Abraham- Is a symbolic expression of a place where those who have died in Christ have a resting place until the time of the Rapture.

1 Corinthians 15:52 / 1 Thess. 4:16
We shall not all sleep; The dead in Christ shall rise first; and we that remain shall be changed in the twinkling of an eye.

So if the dead in Christ shall rise first they are not now walking around heaven participating in anything would you say?

Concerning the seven heavens if it's biblical and in the Word of God by all means I want to know. I heard someone ask that question a while back about seven heavens, but no one was able to answer it.
There is a theology that there is seven earths as well.

Scripture only says that "Heaven and earth will pass away. Doesn't mention anything about earths.
I only beleive whats in the Word of God nothing more, nothing less.

--------------------
In God I'am Complete.

Posts: 192 | From: God's Universe | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eden
unregistered

Icon 5 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi, TheBeautyofHoliness777, you wrote
quote:
Third heaven- To be absent from the body is to be present with the Lord. (Where those who have died in Christ now sleeps (rest) waiting for the day of resurrection.)
So to be "present with the Lord" means to "SLEEP there while waiting until the day of resurrection". What kind of "being present with the Lord" is that? [Confused]

I call that more "being STORED in the same locale where Jesus currently is".

To repeat what you said
quote:
Third heaven- To be absent from the body is to be present with the Lord. (Where those who have died in Christ now sleeps (rest) waiting for the day of resurrection.)
I see that you follow the word "sleeps" with the word (rest)...so what exactly does this "rest" look like in your opinion?

Is it "sleep" or is it "awake rest, walking around in heaving, participating in heaven", what does "being present with the Lord" mean "in the third heaven".

(BTW, the Israelites of the Old Testament recognized about 7 heavens. I have the study somewhere, but don't know where it is right now.)

So are you saying that the people in the third heaven ARE AWAKE and PARTICIPATINIG "in the presence of the Lord" or are they "sleeping" in the presence of the Lord?

Matthew 26:40
And He came to the disciples again {in the garden of Gethsemane}, and found them asleep, and He said to Peter, What, could you not watch with Me for one hour?

Asleep (resting), or awake and participating in the third heaven, what think ye?

love, Eden

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Advanced Member
Member # 7380

1 Kings 8:27
But will God indeed dwell on the earth? Behold the heaven and the heaven of heavens cannot contain thee; how much less this house that I have builded?

Deuteronomy 10:14;
Behold, the heaven and the heavens of heavens is the Lord.

Nehemiah 9:5;
Thou has made heaven, the heavens of heavens, with all their host.

2 Corinthians 12:2-4;
I knew a man in Christ about fourteen years ago, (whether in the body, I cannot tell; or whether out of the body, I cannot tell: God knoweth; such a one caught up to the third heaven.

I knew such a man, (whether in the body, or out of the body, I cannot tell: God knoweth).
How that he was caught up into paradise, and heard unspeakable words, which it is not lawful for a man to utter.

Three heavens

First heaven- earth's atmosphere, clouds, birds fly.

Second heaven- Stars, moon (constellations)

Third heaven- To be absent from the body is to be present with the Lord. (Where those who have died in Christ now sleeps (rest) waiting for the day of resurrection)

God sits above the Heavens
Psalm 8:1
O Lord our Lord who hast set Thy glory above the heavens

Psalm 57:11;
Be thou exalted, O God above the heavens.

Psalm 113:4;
The Lord is high above all nations and His glory above the heavens.

Paradise
He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith to the churches (people).
To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the tree of life, which is in the midst of the paradise of God. (Jesus Christ the Tree of Life)

All hail King Jesus! [clap2]

--------------------
In God I'am Complete.

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement