Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Bible Topics & Study   » A Prospering Soul

Author Topic: A Prospering Soul
Michael Harrison
Advanced Member
Member # 6801

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Michael Harrison     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When Job was broken, he had lost a lot of things. But at the conclusion he gained understanding of where his righteous comes from. He realized that it was not his 'doing', whereas once upon a time he thought he contributed to it. After that he was blessed beyond measure again. However, it was not so important to him then, for he knew the true value of the wealth of reconciliation, and wouldn't dare seek the material wealth, or suppose he had it because of what he did. It was, as it were, added on! He didn't have to lust after it.

Jas 4:2 Ye lust, and have not: ye kill, and desire to have, and cannot obtain: ye fight and war, yet ye have not, because ye ask not.
Jas 4:3 Ye ask and receive not, because ye ask amiss, that ye may consume it upon your lusts.

Posts: 3273 | From: Charlotte N.C. | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Betty Louise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Beloved, I wish above all things that you may prosper and be in health, even as your soul prospers. (3 John 1:2)
-----------

Sadly there have been times that if my health was as well as my soul I would have been bedfast, but then again there have been times I was ill in bed and my soul was well.

But so true that we need to be concerned as much about our soul as we are our bodies which are only temporary.
betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.

Posts: 5051 | From: Houston, Texas | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
becauseHElives
Advanced Member
Member # 87

Icon 18 posted      Profile for becauseHElives   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
America is a Nation that has forgotten what true prosperity is!....

Yahweh, help this Nation to see and repent that this Nation might be healed!

http://downloads1.revivalgodsway.com/15/SID15607.mp3

--------------------
Strive to enter in at the strait gate:for many, I say unto you will seek to enter in, and shall not be able. ( Luke 13:24 )

Posts: 4578 | From: Southeast Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Beauty of Holiness777
Advanced Member
Member # 7380

Icon 1 posted      Profile for The Beauty of Holiness777     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Beloved, I wish above all things that you may prosper and be in health, even as your soul prospers. (3 John 1:2)

Our soul is very much like our fleshly bodies it has to be fed and nourished. We sometimes focus so much on the outer circle of our lives that we neglect the higher self. Spirituality deals mainly with our soul and in order for our soul to prosper we have to allow time for an inner reflection. We will only be as prosperous as our soul, if our soul is poor then we shall go no higher. Our souls can prosper only by walking in God's truth which is the "Living Word of God".

For it is God's Word and living as He commands that produces prosperity.

Psalms 1:1-3 says;
Blessed is the man who meditate day and night on the Word. Whatever he does prospers.

--------------------
In God I'am Complete.
I am a "Spiritual Being" living in a physical body.
{Prayer - a force that reaches people and places when we can't}

Posts: 192 | From: God's Universe | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement