Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Bible Topics & Study   » The Way of the Lord

Author Topic: The Way of the Lord
scythewieldor
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dear Believers,
Our father, Abraham, knew the Way of the Lord, for God knew Abraham as a friend. God knew that Abraham would command his children and his household after him to keep the way of the Lord. He would command his children to do justice and judgement.
It is as Abraham's children keep the way of the Lord that the Lord brings upon Abraham that which He spoke to Abraham.
quote:
Ge 18:19 For I know him, that he will command his children and his household after him, and they shall keep the way of the LORD, to do justice and judgment; that the LORD may bring upon Abraham that which he hath spoken of him.
Is the phrase, "The Way of the Lord", perfectly expressed in the words, "to do justice and judgement".
I think not.
The Old Covenant was, certainly, a manner by which The Way of the Lord could be walked. Jesus did it.
However, Jesus was the only one who did. And, He was the only one who could.
In other words, Jesus was the only survivor of the Old Covenant. As the King of Israel, if Jesus executed judgement and justice on every Israelite according to the Old Covenant (which He had the right to do), He would be the only constituent of a perfectly executed government forever.
He chose compassion, instead.
quote:
Ps 51:15 O Lord, open thou my lips; and my mouth shall shew forth thy praise.
16 For thou desirest not sacrifice; else would I give it: thou delightest not in burnt offering.
17 The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit: a broken and a contrite heart, O God, thou wilt not despise.

Ho 6:6 For I desired mercy, and not sacrifice; and the knowledge of God more than burnt offerings.

Mt 9:13 But go ye and learn what that meaneth, I will have mercy, and not sacrifice: for I am not come to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance.

Mt 12:7 But if ye had known what this meaneth, I will have mercy, and not sacrifice, ye would not have condemned the guiltless.

What do you think these things mean?
quote:
Joh 5:25 Verily, verily, I say unto you, The hour is coming, and now is, when the dead shall hear the voice of the Son of God: and they that hear shall live.

Mt 8:22 But Jesus said unto him, Follow me; and let the dead bury their dead.

Lu 9:60 Jesus said unto him, Let the dead bury their dead: but go thou and preach the kingdom of God.

Even as Jesus Christ was walking and speaking in Israel, Israelites (the souls of which were dead because of sin), were believing, and coming back to life. The words that Jesus was speaking to Israel (the words which are Spirit and they are Life) were having the impact that the breath of God had on some amount of dirt which God had chosen to host the living soul we know as Adam.
Remember how that living soul died when he partook of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil?

Jesus knew that He was the Lamb of God. He knew that lambs were slain in order to gain mercy for (and, thus, delay the death of) the bodies of sinners.
As the Lamb of God, Jesus came and perfectly expressed "The Way of the Lord" to His people.
He died for their sins, and saved the lost sheep of the house of Israel, both, in Judea and scattered abroad. Thus, we have been called to take part in a new and better marriage covenant with the Lord.

Prepare ye the way of the Lord. Make His paths straight. Remember compassion.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carol Swenson
Admin
Member # 6929

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Carol Swenson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -
Posts: 6787 | From: Colorado | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WildB
Member # 2917

Icon 6 posted      Profile for WildB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Eden:
Is this like ... today's Bible reading? LOL

Eden

Yes Alax! I would like hodgepodge for 100.

And the answer is, Who mixes to their match that which aint rightly divided?

What is a False teacher....

Correct.

--------------------
That is all.....

Posts: 8775 | From: USA, MICHIGAN | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eden
unregistered

Icon 5 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is this like ... today's Bible reading? LOL

Eden

scythewieldor
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dear Believers,
Please consider these with me.
quote:
Ge 18:19 For I know him, that he will command his children and his household after him, and they shall keep the way of the LORD, to do justice and judgment; that the LORD may bring upon Abraham that which he hath spoken of him.
Jud 2:22 That through them I may prove Israel, whether they will keep the way of the LORD to walk therein, as their fathers did keep it, or not.
2Ki 21:22 And he forsook the LORD God of his fathers, and walked not in the way of the LORD.
Pr 10:29 The way of the LORD is strength to the upright: but destruction shall be to the workers of iniquity.
Isa 40:3 The voice of him that crieth in the wilderness, Prepare ye the way of the LORD, make straight in the desert a highway for our God.
Jer 5:4 Therefore I said, Surely these are poor; they are foolish: for they know not the way of the LORD, nor the judgment of their God.
Jer 5:5 I will get me unto the great men, and will speak unto them; for they have known the way of the LORD, and the judgment of their God: but these have altogether broken the yoke, and burst the bonds.
Eze 18:25 Yet ye say, The way of the Lord is not equal. Hear now, O house of Israel; Is not my way equal? are not your ways unequal?
Eze 18:29 Yet saith the house of Israel, The way of the Lord is not equal. O house of Israel, are not my ways equal? are not your ways unequal?
Eze 33:17 Yet the children of thy people say, The way of the Lord is not equal: but as for them, their way is not equal.
Eze 33:20 Yet ye say, The way of the Lord is not equal. O ye house of Israel, I will judge you every one after his ways.
Mt 3:3 For this is he that was spoken of by the prophet Esaias, saying, The voice of one crying in the wilderness, Prepare ye the way of the Lord, make his paths straight.
Mr 1:3 The voice of one crying in the wilderness, Prepare ye the way of the Lord, make his paths straight.
Lu 3:4 As it is written in the book of the words of Esaias the prophet, saying, The voice of one crying in the wilderness, Prepare ye the way of the Lord, make his paths straight.
Joh 1:23 He said, I am the voice of one crying in the wilderness, Make straight the way of the Lord, as said the prophet Esaias.
Ac 18:25 This man was instructed in the way of the Lord; and being fervent in the spirit, he spake and taught diligently the things of the Lord, knowing only the baptism of John.

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement