Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Bible Topics & Study   » "THE WRATH OF GOD REVEALED"

Author Topic: "THE WRATH OF GOD REVEALED"
kjw47
Advanced Member
Member # 7230

Icon 12 posted      Profile for kjw47         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Mr. Harrison, They are taught to not practice sin. They listened to Jesus and learned every utterance of God and applyed it in their everyday lives, Jesus likened that with the importance of our eating to sustain our life. One must dedicate their lives to God not only in words but in our actions as well. One must weigh the importance of eternal life on a scale. Satan is the god of this system of things on the earth. Many have fallen to his illusions of what is good from what is actually bad in Gods eyes. Most accept what this world offers instead of listening to Jesus who said-- Be no part of this world.-- As the psalmist wrote-- The righteous will posess the earth.
Posts: 48 | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eden
unregistered

Icon 5 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gehenna. [happyhappy] [Bible]
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KnowHim
Admin
Member # 1

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KnowHim   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
God's Wrath Is Hell

-

http://www.jesusclips.com/view_video.php?viewkey=2936a96d3c8bd1f8f2ff

--------------------
Video Tracts
Christian Media
LiveTracts
Friend Me On Facebook
Evangelism TackleBox

Posts: 3276 | From: Charlestown, IN | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Michael Harrison
Advanced Member
Member # 6801

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Michael Harrison     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[happyhappy] Yet fall short? That is because they 'practice', instead of 'let'! For when were our works, that self-initiated attempt at pleasing God, ever of any heavenly worth??? [Bible]

They can only fail. But HIS cannot fail! Shall we not rest in the finished work? Let Him deliver you that you may know His life, and what it means to love HIM with all of your heart, soul, mind and therefore strength. For HE has made it possible. [Bible]

Posts: 3273 | From: Charlotte N.C. | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kjw47
Advanced Member
Member # 7230

Icon 12 posted      Profile for kjw47         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Abbasgirl, Gods word classifies 2 kinds of people on the earth. The children of God, The children of the devil. The latter group doesnt get grace, or salvation. The children of God, practice not sinning with their whole heart, mind and soul. Yet fall short. The otherside practices sin. God hates sin with his whole being.
Posts: 48 | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
abbasgirl4ever
Community Member
Member # 7336

Icon 1 posted      Profile for abbasgirl4ever     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I getcha...thanks for caring enough to say something. I'm not one of 'em though.
Be blessed!

Posts: 7 | From: West Virginia | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Michael Harrison
Advanced Member
Member # 6801

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Michael Harrison     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well actually, abbas4evergirl, there are people out there who think that got this 'thing' called salvation. They don't make the connection that the person saves. They don't know the value of relationship, or of seeking it. They just think that they have this thing called salvation, and will go to heaven when they die. Perhaps they think that they will approach the gates, tell their name to the angel at the gate, pick up a movie ticket and enter in. In the mean time they don't understand their function here, or HIS function here.
Posts: 3273 | From: Charlotte N.C. | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
abbasgirl4ever
Community Member
Member # 7336

Icon 1 posted      Profile for abbasgirl4ever     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Michael, I agree... old habits die hard in the way we articulate our faith. I truly understand that the person of Jesus Christ IS salvation. Some of us just probably express ourselves with salvation as an "it" or "thing" with it being understood that salvation is in truth, the person of Jesus Christ. We're just used to talking that way...
Posts: 7 | From: West Virginia | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Michael Harrison
Advanced Member
Member # 6801

Just wishing to interject here, that salvation is easily viewed as a 'thing' we have. But salvation is a person. And that person is a 'life'. And that life is our salvation, by which we actually live (through faith, for we walk by faith, not by sight.)

• Gal 2:20 I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh [body] I live 'by the faith of the Son of God', who loved me, and gave himself for me.

Of course, it is present tense. So in that HE 'gave', we can also say "HE gives," so that we can state that HE gives Himself for me. Or said another way, we 'have' Him because HE gave Himself for us.

"Nevertheless I live [now, whereas I was separate from Him, dead in tresspass and sins] yet not I, but Christ [who is life] liveth in [through] me."

I live 'by' His life by which I was 'born again', which is within me by grace, through faith, as I 'obediently' believe, which is my calling!

abbasgirl4ever
Community Member
Member # 7336

"But no matter what your sin, big or little, as we described or otherwise, God "LOVES" YOU and wants to save you, AND HE WILL SAVE YOU FROM YOUR SINS, if you will simply believe in His Son, who died for our sins on Calvary's cross, and arose from the dead. "Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ" (Rom.5:1)."

kjw47
"Hi Friend, It takes much more than just believing in Jesus and his sacrafice. Not only believing but listening to Jesus and following his example and applying these things to every decision that we make. When Jesus told the people he cured-- Go sin no more-- He meant exactly that. We surely do not want to hear these words from Jesus on judgement day. Matt 7:21-23-- practiced sin is not forgiven. Heb 10:26 Those who walk the narrow path practice not sinning, besides other requirements."

Hi...
I think it's so important to trust that salvation is by grace through faith alone. When we have trusted Jesus for our salvation, our faith is credited to us as righteousness and, because Jesus paid the penalty for our sin, the wrath of God was visited upon Him at the cross. Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus. Though we experience the "discipline" of God, as believers we do not receive the wrath of God.

I agree with the op that scripture assuredly teaches that the wrath of God is revealed against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men who suppress the truth in unrighteousness. Those who have believed the gospel REVEAL the truth - the righteousness of God in us. (See Romans 1:16-17) The wrath of God falls only on the unbelieving.

I find these truths free me up to obey and that my obedience is proof of a completely redeemed heart. Because God's wrath is satisfied through the finished work of Christ on the cross, I am not only free of the penalty, but have been set free to obey because sin no longer has a hold on me. Free from the wrath of God and the reign of sin. It frees me up to live joyfully under the grace of God and yet live with a holy passion to please Him in my works, never condemned when I fail to do so (and I DO fail to do so...)

Carol Swenson
Admin
Member # 6929

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Carol Swenson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
But no matter what your sin, big or little, as we described or otherwise, God "LOVES" YOU and wants to save you, AND HE WILL SAVE YOU FROM YOUR SINS, if you will simply believe in His Son, who died for our sins on Calvary's cross, and arose from the dead. "Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ" (Rom.5:1).

Amen WildB
Posts: 6787 | From: Colorado | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eden
unregistered

Icon 5 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello, brother WildB, the author, Russell Miller, wrote
quote:
It is revealed "because that which may be known of God is manifest in them...". Even the "invisible things of...creation...are clearly seen..." (1:19,20). They did not want a Creator!
While that is apparently true (for how else could order appear out of random chaos?), the wrath of God is more revealed because, we are sinners in the likeness of Adam and Eve. "The soul who sins shall die". Adam and Eve sinned, and now we are all like Adam and Eve.

Deserving of death, according to the penalty of sin pronounced:

Genesis 2
17 But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, you shall not eat of it: for in the day that you eat thereof you shall surely die.

Ezekiel 18:20a
The soul that sins, it shall die.

Deserving of death, according to the penalty pronounced against the soul, the wrath of God is revealed from heaven as penalty for sins, from Adam to Jesus Christ and for all who were not chosen and called:

Romans 8:30
Moreover whom He did predestinate, them He also called: and whom He called, them He also justified: and whom He justified, them He also glorified.

OMG. [roll on floor]

Eden

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Michael Harrison
Advanced Member
Member # 6801

Icon 8 posted      Profile for Michael Harrison     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What is Jesus looking for? After all, being a sinner myself, I am quite aware of the need for something special besides condemnation. And HE is looking to be able to pour Himself out to us. Thereby will He be a help to us where we didn't know that we wanted it, or didn't know how to get it. He is more concerned about it than we are, should we feel that we just cannot manage what we think HE expects!

[updown]

kjw47
Advanced Member
Member # 7230

Hi Friend, It takes much more than just believing in Jesus and his sacrafice. Not only believing but listening to Jesus and following his example and applying these things to every decision that we make. When Jesus told the people he cured-- Go sin no more-- He meant exactly that. We surely do not want to hear these words from Jesus on judgement day. Matt 7:21-23-- practiced sin is not forgiven. Heb 10:26 Those who walk the narrow path practice not sinning, besides other requirements.
WildB
Member # 2917

Icon 15 posted      Profile for WildB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
by Russell S. Miller

How and why is God's wrath "revealed from Heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men" (Rom.1:18)?

It is revealed "because that which may be known of God is manifest in them...". Even the "invisible things of...creation...are clearly seen..." (1:19,20). They did not want a Creator!

It is revealed "because ...[they] became vain in their imaginations... and changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image..." (1:21-23). If you insist upon believing "a lie...and worship and serve the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever" (ver.25), God will send you "a strong delusion"--the devil's "lie" (IIThes.2:9-12).

We have seen why God's wrath is revealed, but how is it revealed? "...GOD ALSO GAVE THEM UP TO UN-CLEANNESS through [their] lusts..." (Rom.1:24).

And because man has "changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator" (ver.25): "...GOD GAVE THEM UP UNTO VILE AFFECTIONS..."(Rom.1:26).

"For even their women did change the natural use [of sex] into that which is against nature: And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet [fitting]. And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge..." (1:26-28),
"...GOD GAVE THEM OVER UNTO A REPROBATE MIND, to do those things which are not convenient"
(Rom.1:28).

And because they had "filled" themselves with "all ungodliness and unrighteousness" (1:29-31) the judgment of God is revealed in such things as venereal disease and AIDS.

"Who knowing the judgment of God, THAT THEY WHICH COMMIT SUCH THINGS ARE WORTHY OF DEATH, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them" (Rom.1:32).

"THEREFORE thou art inexcusable, O man..."
(Rom.2:1).

But no matter what your sin, big or little, as we described or otherwise, God "LOVES" YOU and wants to save you, AND HE WILL SAVE YOU FROM YOUR SINS, if you will simply believe in His Son, who died for our sins on Calvary's cross, and arose from the dead. "Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ" (Rom.5:1).

--------------------
That is all.....

Posts: 8775 | From: USA, MICHIGAN | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement