Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Bible Topics & Study   » Php 3:4

Author Topic: Php 3:4
Michael Harrison
Advanced Member
Member # 6801

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Michael Harrison     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Now, with respect to that, here is the remedy!

Only when you realize that you can't do it, do you begin to LIVE it!

Trying is tiring. But you can have it all if you surrender. Surrender takes faith in God. It takes trust and believing in Him that He cares for you. Surrender may be as hard as trying, to initially face it. But the results are like passing the test. Oh, you may be tested, but perservere. The results are well worth it. Because you can spend a lifetime of trying, without attaining.

Posts: 3273 | From: Charlotte N.C. | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Michael Harrison
Advanced Member
Member # 6801

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Michael Harrison     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I pondered that over many years. One day it was there. It was just there. It is in the parable of the seeds, and of the talents, and you said it yourself. "Take from him what he thinks he has and give it to him that has ten."

God does not want us to take the seed and put it in our pocket. He wants it to grow. So, if you have taken the seed, and pocketed it, it shows that you have no interest in Him. You could lose that which you think that you have.

The thing is that people think that they are under the burden to 'do' this and that, and they become weary. So they don't try. (And some are picking up stones to throw at me for saying that.) But you have your part to do, and it is the easy part. Only, those who cling to this life, distress to think of parting with it that they may gain Him. There is where the failure is.

You see, those who love their life will lose it. And those who are well need not a physician. Let me say it this way: "Those who are self righteous don't need a savior." It is the same thing. Blessed are you if you are poor of spirit and need to reach out to Him.

Posts: 3273 | From: Charlotte N.C. | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eden
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Philippians 3
4 Though I might also have confidence in the flesh. If any other man thinks that he has whereof he might trust in the flesh, I the more.

Hi, Michael Harrison. Then you said
quote:
Yes, I agree with that. I have found out that I am hopelessly lost and full of sin, and when I found that out, I stopped trying to be good.

And when I stopped trying, the Holy Spirit took over and worked and began to behave in me and with me.

But why doesn't that process of realizing our lostness and sinfulness take place in the majority of Christians because it seems clear that the majority of Christians will remain carnal by the time they meet Jesus.

Are carnal Christians saved, or not? When Paul speaks about the carnal Christians of Corinth, Paul [never speaks of them as if they are cast out, but Paul always addresses them as...brethren. Show me if I'm wrong.

And then there is this scripture:

1 Corinthians 3
11 For other foundation can no man lay than that is laid, which is Jesus Christ.

12 Now if any man builds upon this foundation gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, stubble,

13 Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is.

14 And any man's work abide which he has built thereupon {on the foundation of Jesus Christ}, he shall receive a reward.

15 But, if any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire.

At which point I will ask, what is meant by the phrase, yet so as by fire?

But why doesn't that process of realizing our lostness and sinfulness take place in the majority of Christians because apparently the majority of Christians will remain carnal by the time they meet Jesus?

Have they realized they are hopelessly lost and sinful?

Hi, Michael Harrison. You said
quote:
True. But carnal Christians? Are they still Christian brethren or will they be cast out?

with love,
eden

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Michael Harrison
Advanced Member
Member # 6801

Icon 16 posted      Profile for Michael Harrison     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement