Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Bible Topics & Study   » How is a book with seven seals opened?

Author Topic: How is a book with seven seals opened?
scythewieldor
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dear Eden,
quote:
1Ki 21:8 So she wrote letters in Ahab’s name, and sealed them with his seal, and sent the letters unto the elders and to the nobles that were in his city, dwelling with Naboth.
Can you imagine a book of sealed letters?
If the Little Book is a book and not a scroll, I can imagine it sealed with Seven Seals from the back cover to some pages between the back cover and the front cover. Also, since the book may be little, the writing that is on the back may be readable and, thus, a large part of it's message.
One thing for sure: the book is open and edible (though barely digestible) by men before the Seventh Trump/Last Trump/Third Woe cycle. (Did you ever notice that there are three references to something coming up out of the bottomless pit, all of which cause trouble, and there are Three Woes?)
Since the writer of The Revelation "was in the Spirit" when he was presented the things we read in The Revelation, I believe he was not in our kind of time when he ate the book. Since he sees the angel the description of which is like Jesus standing on the land and the sea, this may be an encounter outside of the context of experience with which we are familiar where there is unseen proof of the future Second Coming of Jesus which natural eyes can not, yet, see.
On the other hand, it ?could? be the evidence of the same condition having, already, been established the experience of which is completely dependent upon your level of faith. (I have a friend who, from reading Josephus's account of the war in the clouds over Jerusalem, believes Jesus came back in 70AD. That would not, necessarily, be the Hymanean error of saying that the resurrection is past. Besides that, 2 Timothy had (I believe), already, been written by 70 AD.)
quote:
Rev 10:1 ¶ And I saw another mighty angel come down from heaven, clothed with a cloud: and a rainbow was upon his head, and his face was as it were the sun, and his feet as pillars of fire:
2 And he had in his hand a little book open: and he set his right foot upon the sea, and his left foot on the earth,
3 And cried with a loud voice, as when a lion roareth: and when he had cried, seven thunders uttered their voices.
4 And when the seven thunders had uttered their voices, I was about to write: and I heard a voice from heaven saying unto me, Seal up those things which the seven thunders uttered, and write them not.
5 And the angel which I saw stand upon the sea and upon the earth lifted up his hand to heaven,
6 And sware by him that liveth for ever and ever, who created heaven, and the things that therein are, and the earth, and the things that therein are, and the sea, and the things which are therein, that there should be time no longer:
7 But in the days of the voice of the seventh angel, when he shall begin to sound, the mystery of God should be finished, as he hath declared to his servants the prophets.

Only after the writer sees the angel with the Little Book stand upon the land and the sea (a picture of the authority of the angel) is he told to eat the Little Book. Only after the writer eats the Little Book is he told he must prophesy over many nations, peoples, tongues, and kings. Only after He is told to prophesy over many nations, peoples, tongues, and kings do we find out about the eighth beast/the beast that ascends out of the bottomless pit to make war with the Two Olive Trees. This is, also, the first time that the Holy City is mentioned (as far as I can tell). However, the things that were disclosed by the Seven Thunders go unwritten, presumably, until the time that the Seventh Angel is about to sound.
In other words, the Little Book gets opened but the things of the Seven Thunders do not get written in The Revelation. Look how much space is used when John writes about the Seven Seals, the Seven Trumpets, the Three Woes, and the Seven Vials. The stuff of the Seven Thunders may be key to deciphering the rest.
So, may be that the Seals are not time sensitive. However, the Thunders are.
I'm looking for scriptures that sound like Thunder.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eden
unregistered

Icon 5 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Revelation 5:1
And I saw in the right hand of him who sat on the throne a book written within and on the backside, sealed with seven seals.

Revelation 5:5
And one of the elders said to me, Do not weep: look, the Lion of the tribe of Judah, the Root of David, has prevailed to open the book and to loose the seven seals thereof.

When a book has seven seals, do all seven seals need to be loosed before the book can be opened?

Or, can one seal be opened at one time and that one seal opens only that part of the book?

thank you,
eden

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement