Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Bible Topics & Study   » the remedy for poor, naked, and blind

Author Topic: the remedy for poor, naked, and blind
Eden
unregistered

Icon 5 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Revelation 3

17 Because you say, I am rich, and increased with goods, and have need of nothing; but know not that you are wretched, and miserable, and poor, and blind, and naked.

18 I counsel you to buy of me gold tried in the fire, that you may be rich; and white raiment, that you may be clothed, and that the shame of your nakedness does not appear; and anoint your eyes with eyesalve, that you may see.

19 And as many as I love, I rebuke and chasten: be zealous therefore, and repent.

The person who does not see himself as a sinner says the following about himself:

17 Because you say, "I am rich, and increased with goods, and have need of nothing" ...

Whereas he SHOULD see himself as wretched, blind, and naked:

17 ... but know not that you are wretched, and miserable, and poor, and blind, and naked.

The remedy: gold for poor, white clothes for nakedness, and eyesalve for blindness.

What Jesus did for us on the cross is the gold.

The righteousness which is imputed to us is the white raiment.

And the eyesalve is the Holy Spirit and the Word of God.

But each person needs to first get to the point where he or she knows that she is wretched and miserable and poor and blind and naked, i.e., a sinner.

When that points is reached, the remedy is gold, white raiment, and eyesalve.

eden

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement