Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Bible Topics & Study   » contemplating a model change

Author Topic: contemplating a model change
scythewieldor
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dear friends,
In one of my earlier posts I stated that, as understood things, the seals were opened as soon as Lord Jesus came before the Father.
At that time, even, I felt a little funny with comparing our sense of time to eternity, but I didn't know any better.
This morning, as I considered the Sixth Seal, I was stricken by a- a something.
quote:
Re 6:14 And the heaven departed as a scroll when it is rolled together; and every mountain and island were moved out of their places.
15 And the kings of the earth, and the great men, and the rich men, and the chief captains, and the mighty men, and every bondman, and every free man, hid themselves in the dens and in the rocks of the mountains;
16 And said to the mountains and rocks, Fall on us, and hide us from the face of him that sitteth on the throne, and from the wrath of the Lamb:
17 For the great day of his wrath is come; and who shall be able to stand?

The heaven departed as a scroll? That sounds like Rev. 20:11.
quote:
¶ And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them.
And what about that thing that all those people say?
They, finally, get it.
What if the opening of the seals makes the things which we take by faith before their opening common knowledge that no one can any more ignore? What if the things learned by Calvin, Luther, Huss, Darby, and others were not the result of integrious labor in the Word of God as much as it was the result of the opening of sealed knowledge long written there.
quote:
1 Cor 13:8 ¶ Charity never faileth: but whether there be prophecies, they shall fail; whether there be tongues, they shall cease; whether there be knowledge, it shall vanish away.
quote:
Pro 25:2 ¶ It is the glory of God to conceal a thing: but the honour of kings is to search out a matter.
The unfortunate thing is that, when God allows something He has hidden to be discovered, there is always some temptation in men to think they have learned it all. There is, also, in those they teach, a temptation to believe that the things they are learning have been interpreted without flaw.
That is presumption.
Our souls have been given to us in order that we can recognize patterns in the things our flesh experiences. It is in the power of our souls to create working assumptions about those patterns in order to progress.
Ensuing experience may tend to disprove parts of our assumptions. If we will not allow for adjustment, we stop progressing.
The Word of God is able to help us make spiritual progress. It is, also, able to do the surgery to our soul that is necessary for spiritual progress.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement