Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Bible Topics & Study   » born a sinner

Author Topic: born a sinner
Eden
unregistered

Icon 5 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi, oneinchrist. I think that God crucified everything that came from the first Adam onto the cross, so that the descendants of the first Adam are all put on the cross, where they, positionally to God, all die.

The Bible describes this event in Romans 6:6: "Knowing, that our old man is crucified with Christ..."

Except that, when someone in his or her life on earth, believes in Jesus's Substitutionary work on the cross on behalf of sinners, God takes that person, as it were, from the cross and puts that person IN CHRIST.

1 Corinthians 1:30
But of Him {by God} are you in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption:

Now, in Christ, the believers also just in Jesus, just as the other descendants of the first Adam died on the cross, but because Jesus rose from the dead, we who have been put in Christ also live with Christ, which is explained by Paul as:

Chapter)
1 Corinthians 15:10
But by the grace of God I am what I am: and his grace which was bestowed upon me was not in vain; but I laboured more abundantly than they all: yet not I, but the grace of God which was with me.

Galatians 2:20
I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

So as far as God is concerned, the old Adam and all that came from the old Adam, has already been crucified and condemned:

John 3:18
He who believes on him is not condemned: but he who does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

Since the unbelieving descendant of Adam was not put IN CHRIST on the cross, he is "already condemned".

Now, when did this crucifixion of the first Adam happen? Do we still crucify ourselves in the future?

No, God crucified us when Jesus was on the cross. Only those who are in Christ Jesus escape the cross again after 3 days.

And so Jesus was therefore also called "the second man" (as opposed to the first man), and Jesus is also called "the last Adam", since after Jesus, there will be no more Adam as progenitors of a race:

Nahum 1:9
What do you imagine against the LORD? he will make an utter end: affliction shall not rise up the second time.

So for those of us who, through believing in Jesus, have been put by God in Christ Jesus, we have become a new creature:

2 Corinthians 5:17
Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

The old things that have passed away for a believer in Jesus are our sins for which Jesus died, and the old man, all that our Adam is, has already been crucified and down away with. Not fixed, but crucified, killed:

Romans 6:6
Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin.

So now, in a believer in Jesus, the only thing that God looks at is what the Holy Spirit can do through that person. Nothing else is, nor indeed can, be counted, since past sins are forgiven and the sinner or old man has already been crucified.

So what can I do as a believer then? I can TRUST that the Holy Spirit is trying to be and do and form Christ in me, as I live now by faith in Jesus, or rather, by the faith OF Jesus:

Galatians 2:16
Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified.

Galatians 3:22
But the scripture hath concluded all under sin, that the promise by faith of Jesus Christ might be given to them that believe.

This is a complicated subject, and some of it is only now being birthed in me as an understanding, so some of it may change as time goes on.

with love, Eden

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
oneinchrist
Advanced Member
Member # 6532

Icon 1 posted      Profile for oneinchrist     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Eden,
I agree with your post. I know that it doesn't sound nice to say that we are all under a curse because of the disobedience of Adam and Eve. When Adam and Eve disobeyed they forfeited dominion to Satan. Satan has dominion over our lives and we are destined to eternal damnation, unless we repent and put faith in Jesus. Obviously this would exclude babies, people with severe handi-caps, and anyone that God would not consider accountable to the message......

How does knowing this truth help us?

With love in Christ, Daniel

Posts: 1389 | From: Wind Lake, WI | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eden
unregistered

Icon 5 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Born a sinner.

It is not that we are sinners because we have sinned.

No, we have sinned because we are sinners. In fact, we are BORN SINNERS.

John 9:34
They answered and said to him, You were altogether born in sins, and do you teach us? And they cast him out.

There is a sin factory in our members:

Romans 7:23
But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members.

Romans 5:12
Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned.

So we are born sinners. So it is not that we are sinners because we have sinned AFTER we are born, but we sin because we are born sinners.

The man or woman who recognizes this will say to God:

Luke 18:13
And the publican, standing afar off, would not lift up so much as his eyes unto heaven, but smote upon his breast, saying, God be merciful to me a sinner.

Hebrews 8:12
For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their iniquities will I remember no more.

Unlike the Pharisee, the publican and we believers say, "Lord, I see that I am just as unjust and unkind as everyone else. I am a sinner."

Romans 3:23
For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God.

1 Timothy 1:15
This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief.

We are not sinners because we sinned after we were born, but we sinned because we are born sinners.

With love to all, Eden

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement