Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Bible Topics & Study   » You can not come out of what you haven’t identified!

Author Topic: You can not come out of what you haven’t identified!
blindfaith101
Community Member
Member # 6836

Icon 1 posted      Profile for blindfaith101   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues. REVELATION 18:4
2 Corinthians 6:11-18
11 O ye Corinthians, our mouth is open unto you, our heart is enlarged. 12 Ye are not straitened in us, but ye are straitened in your own bowels. 13 Now for a recompence in the same, (I speak as unto my children,) be ye also enlarged. 14 Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness? 15 And what concord hath Christ with Belial? or what part hath he that believeth with an infidel? 16 And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people. 17 Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you, 18 And will be a Father unto you, and ye shall be my sons and daughters, saith the Lord Almighty.
Are there not many of us Christians, that are either sitting on the fence of faith in Jesus Christ. Or believe that we are to fellowship with our old life of sin, and still be saved. Would Christ go into a bar? Yes, if He was asked. He would then see to it that to God be the Glory and the Honor. What would He say to them?
From that time Jesus began to preach, and to say, Repent: for the kingdom of heaven is at hand. MATTHEW 4:17
Is that not what we are to do? Preach wherever we go? Are we not supposed to live according to The Word of God? I wonder how many Believers are going to fail to enter The Kindom Of Heaven? Because we refuse to come out of the World of sin?
Are we not also supposed to follow the example of Jesus Christ Preach to the World "Repent of your sins. Before the Wrath of God comes upon the World?

Posts: 10 | From: Brooklyn New York | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
oneinchrist
Advanced Member
Member # 6532

Icon 1 posted      Profile for oneinchrist     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi becauseHElives,
Wow, your post makes me think of several things.
I do believe that we can witness among, without becoming tainted by the corruptness of. It reminds me of Pauls speech where he states, I became as a Jew, but not under the law....I became as free, but not free from the law of Christ...etc. Somehow Paul integrated himself into society's different cultures without allowing himself to become part of the corruptness of it. Even, though Paul saw all the differences, it seems he was able to maintain a focus on the common need of all the people. Now I dont believe that would mean Paul would have walked into a corner bar, sat down, ordered a martini, and shook dice with the bartender LOL....but if he did walk into a bar it would have been to lovingly express the gospel of Jesus and give his testimony as a witness....then he would look at them and how they react..and hope that some would follow him out the door. This invitation wouldnt be so much about coming out of the bar(otherwise why would Paul even go in?), but it would be more of an invitation to turn away from this life and its temporary palliatives, and turn to the One who can give us a permanent peace and joy in our hearts.

But, your post also causes me to think of another aspect of our faith. There are those who have fallen away because of their passivity towards sin. This is a real danger that I believe that many dont even realize for many reasons, but the first and foremost reason being that, in our sin, we are unable to come into the presence of a Holy God. Its not that God desires to make it difficult for us, it just that his Holiness does not permit sin in its presence....Satan was spewed out of Heaven....like an irritation in the nasal cavity leads to a sneeze (lightning)
God did not tell the devil "I need you to leave now"..His Holiness demanded the extraction of him. This should give us all a picture of the seriousness of sin and rebellion to God.
So, "Come out of her my people", can be a warning to not be partakers of the sin....and also a warning to repent for those who have become partakers already. This has nothing to do with the sufficiency of Christs atonement....this has more to do with us trampling underfoot the Son of God, and considering the blood of Christ a common thing...an example would be like an attitude that says "if I sin today, oh well, I can go and have communion on Sunday to be forgiven". Very dangerous attitude. Repentance is not understood by someone who thinks that way. We really need to rise up and warn against this abuse of God's grace. There are dire warnings to unrepentant hearts.

One more thing that I would like to share with you is that I see the book of Revelation as past, present, and future. I also see it has a revealing of things seen and unseen. Do I believe that there will be a visible mark or seal on believers and unbelievers?....not necessarily....not anymore than I believe that we will see visibly locusts harming unbelievers.
Does this mean that I dont believe John's witness? absolutely not. I do believe all these things happen, but we need to remember John was caught up in the spirit when showed these spiritual things. So I believe that these things do indeed happen, but we see the manifestations of them on earth.
Basically, I see the book of revelation tell a story. Those who are followers of Jesus Christ, sealed by the spirit will be protected for Gods purpose, but also be allowed to be martyed for Gods purpose. Those who reject Christ will bring wrath upon themselves and it will take many forms of deception and suffering. A wideworld abandonment of Gods word will leave us to the demise of our own sin. I wonder just how many babies have been killed in abortions......if you add up murder+mass acts of terrorism+drug-abuse+abortions, just how much of our population has been taken out?
It has been said that the day of the Lord is the day of wrath. Can anyone imagine what wrath could be any worse than the wrath of God. Why would there be this day of wrath and then a subsequent time of great tribulation? Its seems contradictory in a sense. Like as if the day of wrath is not punishment enough, you need to suffer longer (concentration camp style). Anyways, I dont want to get off topic.

I do take Revelation literal, but literal spiritual. Does this mean that Christs coming is also something that we dont see, because Revelation includes that? To the contrary, in Christs coming we are all given eyes to see His glory....no one will say look here or look there, noone will have to get up and go outside, when the heavens part we will all behold the glory of Christ. So I believe that Revelation gives us a picture of the many causes, but the effects are where we usually have disagreement.
I think that sometimes people think Revelation depicts an unruly God who cant wait to inflict wrath....and a God who abuses his sovereignty.
I will tell you , au contraire, Revelation is Christ revealing to us warnings to protect us, and to keep us from the evil one. It also shows us the reality of the spiritual realm and the incredible organization of Gods Kingdom.

So, all in all, I agree with you becauseHElives that "come out of her my people" may not just mean a literal/physical withdrawal of people from out of the literal/physical city of Babylon......but that it may also be a general warning to all who have been seduced by the evil one and have become partakers of the same sort of sin.....this sin can be our hearts resisting God and His will, and/or it can be manifest in immorality.

With love in Christ, Daniel

Posts: 1389 | From: Wind Lake, WI | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
becauseHElives
Advanced Member
Member # 87

Icon 18 posted      Profile for becauseHElives   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In the Revelation 18 to John it is written:

"And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come out of her (Babylon) my people, that you be not partakers of her sins, and that you receive not of her plagues."

Look what it says, Come out of her MY PEOPLE.

The Bride of Christ is holy and blameless, walking in His Spirit. (Abel)

The church of the flesh is in apostasy striving to please Yeshua through their own efforts just as Cain did, pride is a real killer in the church.

And the two are in enmity with each other.

Remember as the Bride of Christ that we are to be a holy church, separated from this world and it is the anointed remnant that has come out of Babylon that will prepare for the marriage.

We are to direct ourselves in following the anointing and build upon Yeshua’s foundation laid down for us. (take up you cross and follow me)

You can not come out of what you haven’t identified!

Before Yahweh's people can get out of Babylon, we must first identify her.

Interpretations of Babylon vary widely but she is called "Mystery Babylon" so our interpretation is especially spiritual.

The Babylon of today is much more a state of mind than it is a place and includes the harlot in the economic, religious and political world.

Any comments....

--------------------
Strive to enter in at the strait gate:for many, I say unto you will seek to enter in, and shall not be able. ( Luke 13:24 )

Posts: 4578 | From: Southeast Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement