Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Bible Topics & Study   » no religion

Author Topic: no religion
lonlesol
Advanced Member
Member # 4511

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lonlesol   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Amen, aiopj ...

Having a relationship with Jesus is not a religion...
Religions, like the Catholics for instance, have rituals that make no sense...like baptism for babies...how can an infant make a decision like this?...a baby doesn't even know right from wrong so why get them baptized when they are at such a tender age?...the parents make that choice for their baby, therefore, it is only a ritual!...I was baptized when I was a baby, it was my parents' choice, not mine...each individual has to make their own choice once they understand!...
I had my First Communion when I was in grade three...did I fully understand what it meant?...no I didn't...I was told to accept Jesus in my heart and repent for my sins...did I fully understand what it meant?...no I didn't...therefore, it was only a ritual that meant nothing to me...was I saved back then?...I don't think so...

quote:
we can still have a social life
Up to a point, Joy2Tworld...for instance, I wouldn't spend time in a club and drink anymore, I used to go years ago, but not anymore...that is not a proper place to meet other Christians...
Posts: 478 | From: Quebec | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Joy2Tworld
Advanced Member
Member # 6764

Icon 16 posted      Profile for Joy2Tworld     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Amen to that. While the world religions have rules to live there life, with a hope to going to heaven, we christians don't have rules, we can still have a social life. We can positivly say that we will be going to heaven. All because we have Jesus in our lives.
Posts: 24 | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aiopj
Advanced Member
Member # 6768

Icon 1 posted      Profile for aiopj     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Eden:
When I looked on a Chinese singles site, it was sad to see the answer behind every question of what religion tne single was. The post-1948 answer is was always: no religion. Single after single with the same answer: no religion.

What if I had been born in China after 1948? That would have been MY answer too: no religion. no religion. we have no religion. They have no religion because of where they are born.

I got no religion, either. I got relationship.

Muslims have religion. Buddhists have religion. That's because they believe that performance gets them to Heaven.

Jesus said, essentially, that performance does NOT get you to Heaven.

Posts: 114 | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eden
unregistered

Icon 5 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When I looked on a Chinese singles site, it was sad to see the answer behind every question of what religion tne single was. The post-1948 answer is was always: no religion. Single after single with the same answer: no religion.

What if I had been born in China after 1948? That would have been MY answer too: no religion. no religion. we have no religion. They have no religion because of where they are born.

with love and thankfulness in Christ,
Eden

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement