Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Bible Topics & Study   » Why do you believe that

Author Topic: Why do you believe that
Brotherbrown
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think its good to be able to separate what the Word says from what someone interprets from the Word. To many tell you what they interpret instead of what the Word says. But if we are seeking the truth we should be able to keep them separate for discussion.
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brotherbrown
unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by Eden:
According to Brotherbrown, becauseHElives had said:

"If you have seen Yeshua, you have seen the Father. They are one in every sense of existence."

Eden here:

I don't doubt that Jesus LOOKED A LOT LIKE HIS FATHER and probably was the "spitting image" of His Father, so Jesus could say:

"If you have seen Yeshua, you have seen the Father".

But I do think that the Father YHWH and the Son of God Yeshua and the Holy Spirit WILL NEVER MERGE INTO ONE GOD.

I think that all Three Persons of the Godhead AGREE IN EVERYTHING, so again, Jesus could say:

I personally don't think that the 3 Godheads wille ventually MERGE INTO ONE GODHEAD. I think they will always be different parts of the Godhead.

Eden

I think you have a valid point here. The Word doesnt say God the Son or God the Holy Spirit but what it does say is. There is only one God the Father. It does say that.

1 Cor 8:6
6 yet for us there is one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we for Him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, through whom are all things, and through whom we live.
(NKJ)

Eph 4:6
6 one God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.
(NKJ)

1 Tim 2:5
5 For there is one God and one Mediator between God and men, the Man Christ Jesus,
(NKJ)

Eden
unregistered

According to Brotherbrown, becauseHElives had said:

"If you have seen Yeshua, you have seen the Father. They are one in every sense of existence."

Eden here:

I don't doubt that Jesus LOOKED A LOT LIKE HIS FATHER and probably was the "spitting image" of His Father, so Jesus could say:

But I do think that the Father YHWH and the Son of God Yeshua and the Holy Spirit WILL NEVER MERGE INTO ONE GOD.

I think that all Three Persons of the Godhead AGREE IN EVERYTHING, so again, Jesus could say:

I personally don't think that the 3 Godheads wille ventually MERGE INTO ONE GODHEAD. I think they will always be different parts of the Godhead.

Eden

Brotherbrown
unregistered

[QUOTE]Originally posted by becauseHElives:
[QB] If you have seen Yeshua, you have seen the Father. They are one in every sense of existence.

I would have to disagree with that.Not in every way.

John 17:1-3

1 Jesus spoke these words, lifted up His eyes to heaven, and said: "Father, the hour has come. Glorify Your Son, that Your Son also may glorify You,
2 "as You have given Him authority over all flesh, that He should give eternal life to as many as You have given Him.
3 "And this is eternal life, that they may know You, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom You have sent.
(NKJ)

becauseHElives
Advanced Member
Member # 87

Icon 16 posted      Profile for becauseHElives   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you have seen Yeshua, you have seen the Father. They are one in every sense of existence.

What the Father loves so does the Son!

The Law’s of Yeshua and the Law’s of Yahweh are the same!

The only difference between the Old covenant and the New Covenant is the Old Covenant were only types and shadows of what was to come.

Yeshua (Creator) of heaven and earth became flesh to become the example to His creation what He desired of them and how mankind could fulfill His desires in this body of flesh.

quote:
the law of Christ.
Walk after the Spirit and you will not fulfill the lust of the flesh.

Yeshua showed us the way, the Word teaches us the way, the narrow way; now walk in the way, the way of Love.

--------------------
Strive to enter in at the strait gate:for many, I say unto you will seek to enter in, and shall not be able. ( Luke 13:24 )

Posts: 4578 | From: Southeast Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brotherbrown
unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by becauseHElives:
I judge with great mercy, because the scripture declares with what measure I meet too others the same measure will be meet back to me.

But when discussing the scriptures I hold to Yeshua’s words about the Law and Scripture!

quote:

Mat 5:19
Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach [them], the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

most will never make the Kingdom because they do not understand the narrow way in the light of Grace that Saves.

Matt 7:13-14
13 "Enter by the narrow gate; for wide is the gate and broad is the way that leads to destruction, and there are many who go in by it.
14 "Because narrow is the gate and difficult is the way which leads to life, and there are few who find it.

That is a very good answer. If.
If you understand that Matt 5-19 is talking about the new testament law.
LAW OF CHRIST

Heb 7:12
12 For the priesthood being changed, of necessity there is also a change of the law.
Luke 6:37-38
37 "Judge not, and you shall not be judged. Condemn not, and you shall not be condemned. Forgive, and you will be forgiven.
38 "Give, and it will be given to you: good measure, pressed down, shaken together, and running over will be put into your bosom. For with the same measure that you use, it will be measured back to you."
Gal 6:2
2 Bear one another's burdens, and so fulfill the law of Christ.
Luke 11:46-48
46 And He said, "Woe to you also, lawyers! For you load men with burdens hard to bear, and you yourselves do not touch the burdens with one of your fingers.
47 "Woe to you! For you build the tombs of the prophets, and your fathers killed them.
48 "In fact, you bear witness that you approve the deeds of your fathers; for they indeed killed them, and you build their tombs.
James 5:9
9 Do not grumble against one another, brethren, lest you be condemned. Behold, the Judge is standing at the door!
1 Cor 6:7-8
7 Now therefore, it is already an utter failure for you that you go to law against one another. Why do you not rather accept wrong? Why do you not rather let yourselves be cheated?
8 No, you yourselves do wrong and cheat, and you do these things to your brethren!
1 Cor 6:6
6 But brother goes to law against brother, and that before unbelievers!
1 Cor 6:9-10
9 Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor homosexuals, nor sodomites,
10 nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners will inherit the kingdom of God.
Rom 7:4-5
4 Therefore, my brethren, you also have become dead to the law through the body of Christ, that you may be married to another-- to Him who was raised from the dead, that we should bear fruit to God.
5 For when we were in the flesh, the sinful passions which were aroused by the law were at work in our members to bear fruit to death.
Rom 7:8
8 But sin, taking opportunity by the commandment, produced in me all manner of evil desire. For apart from the law sin was dead.
Rom 7:10-11
10 And the commandment, which was to bring life, I found to bring death.
11 For sin, taking occasion by the commandment, deceived me, and by it killed me.
1 Pet 2:19-21
19 For this is commendable, if because of conscience toward God one endures grief, suffering wrongfully.
20 For what credit is it if, when you are beaten for your faults, you take it patiently? But when you do good and suffer, if you take it patiently, this is commendable before God.
21 For to this you were called, because Christ also suffered for us, leaving us an example, that you should follow His steps:
1 Cor 15:24
24 Then comes the end, when He delivers the kingdom to God the Father, when He puts an end to all rule and all authority and power.
1 Cor 15:26
26 The last enemy that will be destroyed is death.
Col 3:15
15 And let the peace of God rule in your hearts, to which also you were called in one body; and be thankful.
John 14:26-27
26 "But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all things that I said to you.
27 "Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.
Matt 5:38-48
38 "You have heard that it was said, 'An eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth.'
39 "But I tell you not to resist an evil person. But whoever slaps you on your right cheek, turn the other to him also.
40 "If anyone wants to sue you and take away your tunic, let him have your cloak also.
41 "And whoever compels you to go one mile, go with him two.
42 "Give to him who asks you, and from him who wants to borrow from you do not turn away.
43 "You have heard that it was said, 'You shall love your neighbor and hate your enemy.'
44 "But I say to you, love your enemies, bless those who curse you, do good to those who hate you, and pray for those who spitefully use you and persecute you,
45 "that you may be sons of your Father in heaven; for He makes His sun rise on the evil and on the good, and sends rain on the just and on the unjust.
46 "For if you love those who love you, what reward have you? Do not even the tax collectors do the same?
47 "And if you greet your brethren only, what do you do more than others? Do not even the tax collectors do so?
48 "Therefore you shall be perfect, just as your Father in heaven is perfect.
Rom 8:3
3 For what the law could not do in that it was weak through the flesh, God did by sending His own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, on account of sin: He condemned sin in the flesh,
Rom 8:1-2
1 There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus, who do not walk according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit.
2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has made me free from the law of sin and death.
Matt 6:14-15
14 "For if you forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you.
15 "But if you do not forgive men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.
Matt 7:2
2 "For with what judgment you judge, you will be judged; and with the measure you use, it will be measured back to you.
Gal 5:1
1 Stand fast therefore in the liberty by which Christ has made us free, and do not be entangled again with a yoke of bondage.
James 1:25
25 But he who looks into the perfect law of liberty and continues in it, and is not a forgetful hearer but a doer of the work, this one will be blessed in what he does.
Matt 10:16-19
16 "Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves. Therefore be wise as serpents and harmless as doves.
17 "But beware of men, for they will deliver you up to councils and scourge you in their synagogues.
18 "You will be brought before governors and kings for My sake, as a testimony to them and to the Gentiles.
19 "But when they deliver you up, do not worry about how or what you should speak. For it will be given to you in that hour what you should speak;
(NKJ)
xxx Mans law was based on the old testament law of sin and death, or sin and punishment. Mans law is based on fareness, but it is mans fareness not Gods. Jesus came down to show us what true justice is, not according to the old testament, and not according to mans justice. Jesus brought us the true justice from God. If you use the laws of man on others God will use His laws on you. If you forgive others, God will also have to forgive you. Every decision you make, you make it according to principles. Old testament principles, mans principles, or New Testament principles. They are different. And some of you make some decisions on what ever principle benefits you. The law of Christ is the same amount that you use in your life, is the same amount that God is going to use on you at judgment day. So everything you do, you are setting up your own judgment for judgment day. So remember if all your judgments benefit you now, then all of Gods judgments will benefit Him on judgment day. If all your judgments benefit others now, then all of Gods judgments will benefit you on judgment day.
And the new testament is a law, the law of Christ.

John 15:14
14 "You are My friends if you do whatever I command you.
(NKJ)

I Jn 2:4-5
4 He who says, "I know Him," and does not keep His commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.
5 But whoever keeps His word, truly the love of God is perfected in him. By this we know that we are in Him.
(NKJ)

becauseHElives
Advanced Member
Member # 87

Icon 1 posted      Profile for becauseHElives   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I judge with great mercy, because the scripture declares with what measure I meet too others the same measure will be meet back to me.

But when discussing the scriptures I hold to Yeshua’s words about the Law and Scripture!

quote:

Mat 5:19
Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach [them], the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

most will never make the Kingdom because they do not understand the narrow way in the light of Grace that Saves.

13 "Enter by the narrow gate; for wide is the gate and broad is the way that leads to destruction, and there are many who go in by it.
14 "Because narrow is the gate and difficult is the way which leads to life, and there are few who find it.

--------------------
Strive to enter in at the strait gate:for many, I say unto you will seek to enter in, and shall not be able. ( Luke 13:24 )

Posts: 4578 | From: Southeast Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brotherbrown
unregistered

I have noticed over and over again the foundation of everyones beliefs. And if the foundation is wrong the conclusion is wrong.
Some believe because the majority believe that.
But the Word of God says the majority is always wrong.

(NKJ)

Some believe because they feel like its true. And the word says to get to the truth one has to crucify their emotions and feelings.

Gal 5:24-25
24 And those who are Christ's have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires.
25 If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.
(NKJ)

Most judge others easily, but never judge themselves.

1 Cor 11:31
31 For if we would judge ourselves, we would not be judged.
(NKJ)

Most cant stand to be judged by the Word of God(verses) so they avoid the verses at all cost.

Heb 4:12-13
12 For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the division of soul and spirit, and of joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.
13 And there is no creature hidden from His sight, but all things are naked and open to the eyes of Him to whom we must give account.
(NKJ)

How do you judge?

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement