Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Bible Topics & Study   » I've Got Questions

Author Topic: I've Got Questions
Brotherbrown
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Eden:
1 Thessalonians 5:23

23 And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Here God tells us that man is tri-partite: spirit, soul, and body. All people who descended from Adam and Eve are born with only their soul life active and their body life is active.

When Adam and Eve activated their soul life and began to ignore their spirit, but began to run their body themselves, from the soul level, without input from the spirit. As a result of disuse, the soul or natural man spirit almost died and by then they don’t even know anymore that they had a spirit:

Matthew 12:20
A bruised reed shall He not break, and smoking flax shall He not quench, until He send forth judgment unto victory.

I believe that verse speaks about Adam and Eve humans before they are, that is the condition of their spirit through neglect.

When the soul repents from running their own life from the soul level which Adam and Eve started, then the soul begins to realize and hear that he also has a spirit:

23 And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.

By reading the word of God we learn about this spirit and about the Holy Spirit which now resides in my spirit and has quickened my spirit because it was almost ready to go out:

Ephesians 2:1
And you has He quickened, who were dead in trespasses and sins.

It takes some time of reading the Word of God and trusting by faith that the Holy Spirit is now in my spirit, for the soul to be able to hear “what the Spirit says to the church”.

Many Christians however continue to run their lives from their soul instead of from their spirit, and hence they are still like ordinary people:

1 Corinthians 3
3 For you are yet carnal: for whereas there is among you envying, and strife, and divisions, are you not carnal, and walk as men?

Hebrews 4:12
For the Word of God is quick and powerful and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow {i.e., the body}, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

If a Christian does not start looking for their spirit, then they will continue to run their own soul and body by themselves, and they will still be just like ordinary men.

With love,
Eden

FIND THE INNER MAN-CRUSIFY THE OUTER PERSON
(SPIRIT, MIND OF INNER MAN. SOUL, BODY OF INNER MAN)
1 Pet 4:19
19 Therefore let those who suffer according to the will of God commit their souls to Him in doing good, as to a faithful Creator.
Matt 22:16
16 And they sent to Him their disciples with the Herodians, saying, "Teacher, we know that You are true, and teach the way of God in truth; nor do You care about anyone, for You do not regard the person of men.
Rom 7:22
22 For I delight in the law of God according to the inward man.
Gal 5:24-25
24 And those who are Christ's have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires.
25 If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.
John 6:63
63 "It is the Spirit who gives life; the flesh profits nothing. The words that I speak to you are spirit, and they are life.
John 4:48
48 Then Jesus said to him, "Unless you people see signs and wonders, you will by no means believe."
Matt 12:38-39
38 Then some of the scribes and Pharisees answered, saying, "Teacher, we want to see a sign from You."
39 But He answered and said to them, "An evil and adulterous generation seeks after a sign, and no sign will be given to it except the sign of the prophet Jonah.
1 Tim 4:9-11
9 This is a faithful saying and worthy of all acceptance.
10 For to this end we both labor and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Savior of all men, especially of those who believe.
11 These things command and teach.
1 Tim 4:13-16
13 Till I come, give attention to reading, to exhortation, to doctrine.
14 Do not neglect the gift that is in you, which was given to you by prophecy with the laying on of the hands of the eldership.
15 Meditate on these things; give yourself entirely to them, that your progress may be evident to all.
16 Take heed to yourself and to the doctrine. Continue in them, for in doing this you will save both yourself and those who hear you.
1 Pet 4:19
19 Therefore let those who suffer according to the will of God commit their souls to Him in doing good, as to a faithful Creator.
Eph 3:14-19
14 For this reason I bow my knees to the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ,
15 from whom the whole family in heaven and earth is named,
16 that He would grant you, according to the riches of His glory, to be strengthened with might through His Spirit in the inner man,
17 that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith; that you, being rooted and grounded in love,
18 may be able to comprehend with all the saints what is the width and length and depth and height--
19 to know the love of Christ which passes knowledge; that you may be filled with all the fullness of God.
2 Cor 4:16-18
16 Therefore we do not lose heart. Even though our outward man is perishing, yet the inward man is being renewed day by day.
17 For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, is working for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory,
18 while we do not look at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen. For the things which are seen are temporary, but the things which are not seen are eternal.
Eph 4:21-24
21 if indeed you have heard Him and have been taught by Him, as the truth is in Jesus:
22 that you put off, concerning your former conduct, the old man which grows corrupt according to the deceitful lusts,
23 and be renewed in the spirit of your mind,
24 and that you put on the new man which was created according to God, in true righteousness and holiness.
Col 3:10
10 and have put on the new man who is renewed in knowledge according to the image of Him who created him,
1 Pet 2:4-5
4 Coming to Him as to a living stone, rejected indeed by men, but chosen by God and precious,
5 you also, as living stones, are being built up a spiritual house, a holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ.
1 Pet 2:11-12
11 Beloved, I beg you as sojourners and pilgrims, abstain from fleshly lusts which war against the soul,
12 having your conduct honorable among the Gentiles, that when they speak against you as evildoers, they may, by your good works which they observe, glorify God in the day of visitation.
(NKJ)
xxxx Your inner man consists of your spirit(the mind of your inner man) and your soul(the body of your inner man). All affections come from your soul and all decisions come from your spirit. Not all ideas but all decisions. All ideas come from the different beings in you. You get one opinion from your guardian angel. And you get one opinion from the devil. Then you choose who to agree with. But if you have the Holy Spirit He will give you a verse to show you who is who.
All your emotions dwell in your outer person (body). All emotions are unclean spirits.

2 Cor 6:17
17 Therefore "Come out from among them and be separate, says the Lord. Do not touch what is unclean, and I will receive you."
(NKJ)

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brotherbrown
unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by silas lane:
Dear Brother Brown, My lack of communication skills is the error. Within my post July 7 2007 at 10:57 AM. My meaning is, as we give ourselves to Gods' good Word, His Words begin to live in us. Therefore we can actually live His Life daily to the best of our ability in His Spirit. We recieve a double blessing, learning His wonderful truth through His bible, as in Galations 5: 23,26. Also being taught to bear the fruit of His Spirit in His Love, His Truth and our teachable spirit. Brother Brown I hope this may clarify my thoughts. May God bless you for your kind patience with me, And I pray His best in your journey.

That one is pretty good.
THE ONLY BEGOTTEN WORD=(HE)(HE IS A SPIRITUAL TITLE OF AUTHORITY) THE ONLY BEGOTTEN WORD(HE) CAME THROUGH THE ONLY BEGOTTEN SON OF GOD (JESUS)
John 1:17-18
17 For the law was given through Moses, but grace and truth came through Jesus Christ.
18 No one has seen God at any time. The only begotten Son, who is in the bosom of the Father, He has declared Him.
John 12:49-50
49 "For I have not spoken on My own authority; but the Father who sent Me gave Me a command, what I should say and what I should speak.
50 "And I know that His command is everlasting life. Therefore, whatever I speak, just as the Father has told Me, so I speak."
Heb 8:6
6 But now He has obtained a more excellent ministry, inasmuch as He is also Mediator of a better covenant, which was established on better promises.
John 17:17
17 "Sanctify them by Your truth. Your word is truth.
John 14:24-25
24 "He who does not love Me does not keep My words; and the word which you hear is not Mine but the Father's who sent Me.
25 "These things I have spoken to you while being present with you.
I Jn 1:1-3
1 That which was from the beginning, which we have heard, which we have seen with our eyes, which we have looked upon, and our hands have handled, concerning the Word of life--
2 the life was manifested, and we have seen, and bear witness, and declare to you that eternal life which was with the Father and was manifested to us--
3 that which we have seen and heard we declare to you, that you also may have fellowship with us; and truly our fellowship is with the Father and with His Son Jesus Christ.
John 1:14
14 And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we beheld His glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father, full of grace and truth.
John 1:1-11
1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
2 He was in the beginning with God.
3 All things were made through Him, and without Him nothing was made that was made.
4 In Him was life, and the life was the light of men.
5 And the light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it.
6 There was a man sent from God, whose name was John.
7 This man came for a witness, to bear witness of the Light, that all through him might believe.
8 He was not that Light, but was sent to bear witness of that Light.
9 That was the true Light which gives light to every man coming into the world.
10 He was in the world, and the world was made through Him, and the world did not know Him.
11 He came to His own, and His own did not receive Him.
Heb 4:12-13
12 For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the division of soul and spirit, and of joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.
13 And there is no creature hidden from His sight, but all things are naked and open to the eyes of Him to whom we must give account.
2 Pet 1:19-21
19 And so we have the prophetic word confirmed, which you do well to heed as a light that shines in a dark place, until the day dawns and the morning star rises in your hearts;
20 knowing this first, that no prophecy of Scripture is of any private interpretation,
21 for prophecy never came by the will of man, but holy men of God spoke as they were moved by the Holy Spirit.
Mark 16:15-16
15 And He said to them, "Go into all the world and preach the gospel to every creature.
16 "He who believes and is baptized will be saved; but he who does not believe will be condemned.
John 14:26
26 "But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all things that I said to you.
63 "It is the Spirit who gives life; the flesh profits nothing. The words that I speak to you are spirit, and they are life.
2 Cor 3:5-6
5 Not that we are sufficient of ourselves to think of anything as being from ourselves, but our sufficiency is from God,
6 who also made us sufficient as ministers of the new covenant, not of the letter but of the Spirit; for the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life.
Matt 6:22-24
22 "The lamp of the body is the eye. If therefore your eye is good, your whole body will be full of light.
23 "But if your eye is bad, your whole body will be full of darkness. If therefore the light that is in you is darkness, how great is that darkness!
24 "No one can serve two masters; for either he will hate the one and love the other, or else he will be loyal to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve God and mammon.
2Pet 3:16-17
16 as also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things, in which are some things hard to understand, which untaught and unstable people twist to their own destruction, as they do also the rest of the Scriptures.
17 You therefore, beloved, since you know this beforehand, beware lest you also fall from your own steadfastness, being led away with the error of the wicked;
II Jn 1:9-11
9 Whoever transgresses and does not abide in the doctrine of Christ does not have God. He who abides in the doctrine of Christ has both the Father and the Son.
10 If anyone comes to you and does not bring this doctrine, do not receive him into your house nor greet him;
11 for he who greets him shares in his evil deeds.
Rev 22:18-19
18 For I testify to everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: If anyone adds to these things, God will add to him the plagues that are written in this book;
19 and if anyone takes away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part from the Book of Life, from the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.
I Jn 1:1-5
1 That which was from the beginning, which we have heard, which we have seen with our eyes, which we have looked upon, and our hands have handled, concerning the Word of life--
2 the life was manifested, and we have seen, and bear witness, and declare to you that eternal life which was with the Father and was manifested to us--
3 that which we have seen and heard we declare to you, that you also may have fellowship with us; and truly our fellowship is with the Father and with His Son Jesus Christ.
4 And these things we write to you that your joy may be full.
5 This is the message which we have heard from Him and declare to you, that God is light and in Him is no darkness at all.
I Jn 2:23-24
23 Whoever denies the Son does not have the Father either; he who acknowledges the Son has the Father also.
24 Therefore let that abide in you which you heard from the beginning. If what you heard from the beginning abides in you, you also will abide in the Son and in the Father.
John 10:8-9
8 "All who ever came before Me are thieves and robbers, but the sheep did not hear them.
9 "I am the door. If anyone enters by Me, he will be saved, and will go in and out and find pasture.
Heb 8:13
13 In that He says, "A new covenant," He has made the first obsolete. Now what is becoming obsolete and growing old is ready to vanish away.
(NKJ)
The Word of God is the power by which all things in heaven and earth submit. The Word came forth from God for all to receive this power. And the power was always given through a mediator. God was the original mediator that created it. And God gave it to Jesus. And Jesus gave it to us. Then the Word was given to the Holy Spirit that distributes it from each individuals conscience(book of beliefs) in their mind. If and only if that individual has read the bible and put it in their beliefs(conscience). And when an individual has died to self by following the Holy Spirit(verses) and been born again. Then Jesus takes over the Word through the revelations of Jesus Christ, and rewrites their belief system(conscience). The Word of God is the power that all will have to answer to. This power is what justifies or condemns all and everything. God created it the power, and is willing to share it with those who will submit to it. Jesus was the first to submit to it on earth fully, and by that He was our example of how to receive it. When one totally submits to it the power(Word) the Word becomes alive in them. And by becoming alive in them we see the Word become flesh.
Note in verse 14 He the Word is full of grace and truth. And in verse 17 that grace and truth came through Jesus Christ
Jesus Christ is not the Word. Jesus Christ is the human that submitted to the Word as an example to us, to follow. Jesus Christ is the only begotten Son of God. That the only begotten Word of God came through.

2 Cor 10:3-5
3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war according to the flesh.
4 For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal but mighty in God for pulling down strongholds,
5 casting down arguments and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God, bringing every thought into captivity to the obedience of Christ,
(NKJ)

Some earlier translations* of the bible echo this understanding...

John 1:3 - The Geneva Bible (1587)
Quote:
All things were made by it, and without it was made nothing that was made.
Jesus was called the Word of God. Why was He called the Word of God? Jesus was called the Word because He only let the Word of God out of His own mouth.

Rev 19:13
13 He was clothed with a robe dipped in blood, and His name is called The Word of God.

John 12:48-49
48 "He who rejects Me, and does not receive My words, has that which judges him-- the word that I have spoken will judge him in the last day.
49 "For I have not spoken on My own authority; but the Father who sent Me gave Me a command, what I should say and what I should speak.
(NKJ)

Jesus was called Beelzebub. Why was He called Beelebub? Because people were worshiping the wrong god.
Matt 10:25
25 "It is enough for a disciple that he be like his teacher, and a servant like his master. If they have called the master of the house Beelzebub, how much more will they call those of his household!

2 Cor 11:14-15
14 And no wonder! For Satan himself transforms himself into an angel of light.
15 Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also transform themselves into ministers of righteousness, whose end will be according to their works.
(NKJ)

Eden
unregistered

Icon 5 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1 Thessalonians 5:23

Here God tells us that man is tri-partite: spirit, soul, and body. All people who descended from Adam and Eve are born with only their soul life active and their body life is active.

When Adam and Eve activated their soul life and began to ignore their spirit, but began to run their body themselves, from the soul level, without input from the spirit. As a result of disuse, the soul or natural man spirit almost died and by then they don’t even know anymore that they had a spirit:

Matthew 12:20
A bruised reed shall He not break, and smoking flax shall He not quench, until He send forth judgment unto victory.

I believe that verse speaks about Adam and Eve humans before they are, that is the condition of their spirit through neglect.

When the soul repents from running their own life from the soul level which Adam and Eve started, then the soul begins to realize and hear that he also has a spirit:

By reading the word of God we learn about this spirit and about the Holy Spirit which now resides in my spirit and has quickened my spirit because it was almost ready to go out:

Ephesians 2:1
And you has He quickened, who were dead in trespasses and sins.

It takes some time of reading the Word of God and trusting by faith that the Holy Spirit is now in my spirit, for the soul to be able to hear “what the Spirit says to the church”.

Many Christians however continue to run their lives from their soul instead of from their spirit, and hence they are still like ordinary people:

1 Corinthians 3
3 For you are yet carnal: for whereas there is among you envying, and strife, and divisions, are you not carnal, and walk as men?

Hebrews 4:12
For the Word of God is quick and powerful and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow {i.e., the body}, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

If a Christian does not start looking for their spirit, then they will continue to run their own soul and body by themselves, and they will still be just like ordinary men.

With love,
Eden

silas lane
Community Member
Member # 6626

Icon 1 posted      Profile for silas lane   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dear Brother Brown, My lack of communication skills is the error. Within my post July 7 2007 at 10:57 AM. My meaning is, as we give ourselves to Gods' good Word, His Words begin to live in us. Therefore we can actually live His Life daily to the best of our ability in His Spirit. We recieve a double blessing, learning His wonderful truth through His bible, as in Galations 5: 23,26. Also being taught to bear the fruit of His Spirit in His Love, His Truth and our teachable spirit. Brother Brown I hope this may clarify my thoughts. May God bless you for your kind patience with me, And I pray His best in your journey.
Posts: 10 | From: texas | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brotherbrown
unregistered

quote:
Dear Brother Brown, I apologize for my confusion, please explain the difference between what you said and what I said,I appreciate your patience. In Christ

I said
Everyone receives the fruits of the Spirit first while in the milk understanding. But when they have read enough and put enough verses in their conscience(book of beliefs) then the Holy Spirit can start talking to them.

silas lane
Community Member
Member # 6626

Icon 1 posted      Profile for silas lane   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dear Brother Brown, I apologize for my confusion, please explain the difference between what you said and what I said,I appreciate your patience. In Christ
Posts: 10 | From: texas | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brotherbrown
unregistered

quote:
Dear Brother Brown, I am a slow learner through many years our SAVIOR has taught me with great patience. That it is much easier to show a person who the Holy Spirit is,then to read them Galatians 5: 22,23, 24,25,26. Jesus said, many times they have ears yet they do not listen. We all have our faults. Only GOD is Truly Holy and Perfect. Please forgive me, It seems where ever we look thesedays, In our churchs and community. Love has become a nice exprsession, sadness is more prevalent than joy, peace is fleeting, patience has beome torlerance, kindness is shortlived, goodness is not causing trouble, faithfulness is sometimes keeping our word even if it's for the wrong reason, gentleness is a form of apathy, self-control seems to deal with anger more the other things. In His Holy Love Eternal

Them verses are for the milk understanding this one is for the meat understanding.When He talks to us He only quotes verses.

26 "But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all things that I said to you.
(NKJ)

silas lane
Community Member
Member # 6626

Icon 16 posted      Profile for silas lane   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dear Brother Brown, I am a slow learner through many years our SAVIOR has taught me with great patience. That it is much easier to show a person who the Holy Spirit is,then to read them Galatians 5: 22,23, 24,25,26. Jesus said, many times they have ears yet they do not listen. We all have our faults. Only GOD is Truly Holy and Perfect. Please forgive me, It seems where ever we look thesedays, In our churchs and community. Love has become a nice exprsession, sadness is more prevalent than joy, peace is fleeting, patience has beome torlerance, kindness is shortlived, goodness is not causing trouble, faithfulness is sometimes keeping our word even if it's for the wrong reason, gentleness is a form of apathy, self-control seems to deal with anger more the other things. In His Holy Love Eternal
Brotherbrown
unregistered

quote:
Brother Brown, Man can have no greater teacher then the Holy Spirit Of God in Jesus Christ our Lord With sincere diligents. He is always faithful, it iis

Well we agree on that. The problem I see in most christians is they dont know who the Holy Spirit is.
silas lane
Community Member
Member # 6626

Icon 16 posted      Profile for silas lane   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Brother Brown, Man can have no greater teacher then the Holy Spirit Of God in Jesus Christ our Lord, With sincere diligents. He is always faithful it is absolute truth John 16: 13 that He would lead us into all the truth. I'm very thankful for the gift of others binging us the bulletin board, At the same time there should be a balance of prayer and dicernment. The adversary desires to to decieve and to mislead the very children of GOD. Rest assure my friend God in Jesus Christ will leave 99 and search for the one until He finds him. Prayer before reading the scripture and a good condcordance comparing scripture to I scripture. Is truly a blessing in understanding. May GOD bless you!
Brotherbrown
unregistered

I got that revelation over on scattersheep.com
And I always liked it. But the time frame isnt on God it is on us. And the time frame is a minnimum time frame. But some never get out of the milk. They lie to themselves to the point they dont even know what meat is. They just fall for any excuse the devil gives them.

oneinchrist
Advanced Member
Member # 6532

Icon 1 posted      Profile for oneinchrist     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Thunder,
Its nice to meet you. I agree with your statement that putting a time frame on God is like putting Him in a box. The character of God is predictable in the sense that is is unchanging, but the manifestations of the Holy Spirit in our lives is not. Part of faith is believing that God knows best, so we cannot put words in His mouth or predict His next step. The Holy Spirit will reflect on our entire life and it knows how to bring a person to their greatest potential for Gods purpose. Where I would exercise caution is in the thinking that the Holy Spirit does a complete takeover of our lives. It is exactly what Jesus said....a comforter and a helper, but we are still left with tough decisions to make as we are brought to new challenges in our faith. With love in Christ, Daniel.

Posts: 1389 | From: Wind Lake, WI | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Thunderz7
Advanced Member
Member # 31

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Thunderz7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know people who have been born again 50 years or more and still spit up their milk when you pat them on the back.

I know others who have been born again less than two years who are on strong meat.

The Holy Spirit comes to dwell within the born again believer at the point of that spirit birth;
HE starts to teach them at the milk stage.
John 14:26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.
1 John 2:27 But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him.

While it might not be literal meat,
fruit is solid food, not milk.

Putting a time frame on GOD is like trying to put HIM in a box.

T7

Posts: 1113 | From: Northeast Alabama | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brotherbrown
unregistered

HOLY SPIRIT
FRUITS OF THE HOLY SPIRIT
Rev 2:29 (MILK & MEAT)
29 "He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches."'
2 Tim 1:7
7 For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind.
Phil 1:9-11
9 And this I pray, that your love may abound still more and more in knowledge and all discernment,
10 that you may approve the things that are excellent, that you may be sincere and without offense till the day of Christ,
11 being filled with the fruits of righteousness which are by Jesus Christ, to the glory and praise of God.
2 Cor 9:10
10 Now may He who supplies seed to the sower, and bread for food, supply and multiply the seed you have sown and increase the fruits of your righteousness,
1 Cor 14:20
20 Brethren, do not be children in understanding; however, in malice be babes, but in understanding be mature.
Matt 3:8
8 "Therefore bear fruits worthy of repentance,
Col 1:5-6
5 because of the hope which is laid up for you in heaven, of which you heard before in the word of the truth of the gospel,
6 which has come to you, as it has also in all the world, and is bringing forth fruit, as it is also among you since the day you heard and knew the grace of God in truth;
Gal 5:22-23
22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness,
23 gentleness, self-control. Against such there is no law.
GIFTS OF THE HOLY SPIRIT (MILK)
1 Cor 12:4-11
4 There are diversities of gifts, but the same Spirit.
5 There are differences of ministries, but the same Lord.
6 And there are diversities of activities, but it is the same God who works all in all.
7 But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to each one for the profit of all:
8 for to one is given the word of wisdom through the Spirit, to another the word of knowledge through the same Spirit,
9 to another faith by the same Spirit, to another gifts of healings by the same Spirit,
10 to another the working of miracles, to another prophecy, to another discerning of spirits, to another different kinds of tongues, to another the interpretation of tongues.
11 But one and the same Spirit works all these things, distributing to each one individually as He wills.
1 Cor 13:9-13
9 For we know in part and we prophesy in part.
10 But when that which is perfect has come, then that which is in part will be done away.
11 When I was a child, I spoke as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child; but when I became a man, I put away childish things.
12 For now we see in a mirror, dimly, but then face to face. Now I know in part, but then I shall know just as I also am known.
13 And now abide faith, hope, love, these three; but the greatest of these is love.
1 Cor 14:20
20 Brethren, do not be children in understanding; however, in malice be babes, but in understanding be mature.
Heb 5:12-14
12 For though by this time you ought to be teachers, you need someone to teach you again the first principles of the oracles of God; and you have come to need milk and not solid food.
13 For everyone who partakes only of milk is unskilled in the word of righteousness, for he is a babe.
14 But solid food belongs to those who are of full age, that is, those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern both good and evil.
(NKJ)
VOICE OF THE HOLY SPIRIT (MEAT)
John 16:13-14
13 "However, when He, the Spirit of truth, has come, He will guide you into all truth; for He will not speak on His own authority, but whatever He hears He will speak; and He will tell you things to come.
14 "He will glorify Me, for He will take of what is Mine and declare it to you.
2 Cor 5:5
5 Now He who has prepared us for this very thing is God, who also has given us the Spirit as a guarantee.
James 2:26
26 For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also.
James 3:17
17 But the wisdom that is from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, willing to yield, full of mercy and good fruits, without partiality and without hypocrisy.
1 Cor 14:7-8
7 Even things without life, whether flute or harp, when they make a sound, unless they make a distinction in the sounds, how will it be known what is piped or played?
8 For if the trumpet makes an uncertain sound, who will prepare himself for battle?
1 Cor 14:10-12
10 There are, it may be, so many kinds of languages in the world, and none of them is without significance.
11 Therefore, if I do not know the meaning of the language, I shall be a foreigner to him who speaks, and he who speaks will be a foreigner to me.
12 Even so you, since you are zealous for spiritual gifts, let it be for the edification of the church that you seek to excel.
Gal 5:17-18
17 For the flesh lusts against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh; and these are contrary to one another, so that you do not do the things that you wish.
18 But if you are led by the Spirit, you are not under the law.
James 3:17
17 But the wisdom that is from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, willing to yield, full of mercy and good fruits, without partiality and without hypocrisy.
(NKJ)

xxxThe milk is about 3 to 4 years long, and in that time you should know that the Holy Spirit is in you. There are 9 gifts of the Holy Spirit and you will receive one or more of them gifts as evidence that the Holy Spirit is in you. Then when you are sure, the Holy Spirit will take you into the meat of the Word one verse at a time. You should know what love is by this time. The milk took you to love and the Holy Spirit. Now the Holy Spirit will lead you with that love as the first step in the meat. And the Holy Spirit will lead you inside yourself with that love, to crucify the flesh(feelings & emotions)(unclean spirits). And this should last for atleast 11 years.

Thunderz7
Advanced Member
Member # 31

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Thunderz7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
by T7
quote:
The book of Hebrews - you say Paul wrote it, many "experts" agree with you, just as many or more do not.

Brotherbrown
quote:
There seems to be a flaw in your logic. The Word itself teaches us not to base our beliefs on popular opinion.
The majority isnt going to make it anyway.

Where did I say the majority would "make it"?
I said, your's is a popular opinion;
what does that say of your logic and belief?
The other side of the coin is just as popular if not more so.
This is in regards to those who are so-called
"experts' in the original languages and writings etc...
1-They may or may not be called,
2-may or may not be chosen,
3-may or may not be faithful

Revelation 17:14 These shall make war with the Lamb, and the Lamb shall overcome them: for he is Lord of lords, and King of kings: and they that are with him are called, and chosen, and faithful.
>seems th logic is in 3<

T7

Posts: 1113 | From: Northeast Alabama | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Good NewsforAll
Advanced Member
Member # 6156

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Good NewsforAll     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Thunderz7:
As to the Christian with the "meat understanding";
Christian A - may have "meat understanding" about the catching away of the Church,
but have "milk understandig about the gifts of the Spirit.
Christian B - may be just the opposite with "milk understanding of the catching away of the Church,
but "meat understanding" of the gifts of the Spirit.
Than comes
Christian C - who is a "milk" person about the catching away of the Church and the gifts of the Spirit,
but has all the "meat" of the Father Son a nd Holy Spirit.
T7

The more I think about this, Thuderz7, the more I am inclined to agree with you. I am reminded of my own spiritual walk. Some areas are lagging away behind, and I am very strong in other areas..

--------------------
The Pharisees tell us what not to do. Jesus tells us what to do.
Romans 10:15 As it is written, "How beautiful are the feet of those who bring good news!"

Posts: 400 | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lonlesol
Advanced Member
Member # 4511

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lonlesol   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We all have questions but some of those questions may never be answered...the important thing I believe, is that we need to keep having faith...
Posts: 478 | From: Quebec | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TEXASGRANDMA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I believe it is possible to be milk and meat.
Let us say that you are really big into the end time study and have spent years studying this issue, but with all your study there is still areas of study, that you have not grasped. In those areas you would still be in milk.
I believe this board is great because you can learn from others on many issues. You can ask questions, that you are embarrassed to ask at Church.
Why not relax from trying to see what is wrong with boards and embrace them and see what is right?
betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
http://www.indieheaven.com/artists/mm (son-in-law)http://www.myspace.com/mireles

Posts: 4985 | From: Washington State | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brotherbrown
unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by Good NewsforAll:
Good point Thuderz7, but I don't know if it would be considered milk not be anointed in a certain area, because if a Christian is constantly be sanctified they are mature in the Lord no matter what.

1 Cor.14:26 Well, my brothers and sisters, let’s summarize. When you meet together, one will sing, another will teach, another will tell some special revelation God has given, one will speak in tongues, and another will interpret what is said. But everything that is done must strengthen all of you.

Has anyone got a revelation on the milk or the meat for all of us to read???
Good NewsforAll
Advanced Member
Member # 6156

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Good NewsforAll     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good point Thuderz7, but I don't know if it would be considered milk not be anointed in a certain area, because if a Christian is constantly be sanctified they are mature in the Lord no matter what.

1 Cor.14:26 Well, my brothers and sisters, let’s summarize. When you meet together, one will sing, another will teach, another will tell some special revelation God has given, one will speak in tongues, and another will interpret what is said. But everything that is done must strengthen all of you.

--------------------
Romans 10:15 As it is written, "How beautiful are the feet of those who bring good news!"

Posts: 400 | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brotherbrown
unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by Thunderz7:
This kind of thread seems to me to have less of the verse quoting you speak of,
a lot less WORD in this kind of thing.

Christian A - may have "meat understanding" about the catching away of the Church,
Christian B - may be just the opposite with "milk understanding of the catching away of the Church,
Than comes
Christian C - who is a "milk" person about the catching away of the Church and the gifts of the Spirit,

The book of Hebrews - you say Paul wrote it, many "experts" agree with you, just as many or more do not.

T7

There seems to be a flaw in your logic. The Word itself teaches us not to base our beliefs on popular opinion.
The majority isnt going to make it anyway.

Matt 22:14
14 "For many are called, but few are chosen."
(NKJ)

Matt 7:13-14
13 "Enter by the narrow gate; for wide is the gate and broad is the way that leads to destruction, and there are many who go in by it.
14 "Because narrow is the gate and difficult is the way which leads to life, and there are few who find it.
(NKJ)

Thunderz7
Advanced Member
Member # 31

This kind of thread seems to me to have less of the verse quoting you speak of,
a lot less WORD in this kind of thing.

Than comes

T7

Brotherbrown
unregistered

I'm not picking at this board. Believe it or not I just think these kind of conversations should be on every board that is seeking the truth. These kinds of conversations are good warnings to all beginners. I'm not pointing a finger at anyone, its just the conversation I was wanting on the board.
Good NewsforAll
Advanced Member
Member # 6156

Brotherbrown we can't put everyone into our own little mold. On any Board you are going to meet a wide variety of Christians, who are at different stages in their faith walk. Some are still into milk, while others are ready for the real meat.

It is very rare, or maybe even non-existent, where you will get a thread where everyone agrees.
I often disagree with others, and many have definitely disagreed with me. Much of the Bible is a matter of semantics. We can see one scripture many different ways.

If you find yourself on a message board where you think that the moderators are power hungry, leave that board and look somewhere else.

Every board has its own rules and that is their right. The rules should be respected, and if you don't like them, that board isn't for you.

--------------------

Brotherbrown
unregistered

Texas you have said this
When you are running a Christian board you cannot have someone join that is not Christian who tries to recruit people for a non-Christian board. You cannot have people cussing people out. You cannot have people who refuse to treat each other with respect. It is important that a Christian board have standards. If a non Christian visits this board and they see postings by non -Christians which are filled with bad language or promoting non Christian beliefs, then it would be a bad reflection on Christians.
Now let me talk about you personally. I believe that you have been hurt and you are looking for an excuse to dislike Christian boards.

And I am saying this
I agree with all that. But there is one group of people you are leaving out. What about those who are in the meat understanding that only quote verses. There going to seem forun to those in the milk understanding. I think that is why Paul said I fed you with milk because you cant handle the meat.

12 For though by this time you ought to be teachers, you need someone to teach you again the first principles of the oracles of God; and you have come to need milk and not solid food.
13 For everyone who partakes only of milk is unskilled in the word of righteousness, for he is a babe.
14 But solid food belongs to those who are of full age, that is, those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern both good and evil.
(NKJ)

Do you know what the revelations of Jesus Christ that Paul spoke of are???
Oh and by the way, I havent been hurt by anyone.

TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TEXASGRANDMA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am from the Assembly of God Church. I grew up in that Church. When hubby got saved he asked me to join the Baptist Church. We have been attending the Baptist Church since the summer of 1994. We visit the Church I grew up in once a year. I feel at home in both Churches. We moved 4 years ago so we have been members of two Baptist Churches. At both Churches the Pastors at the Baptist Church believe speaking in tongues is of God. The Baptist Preacher in Texas says he has not been blessed with the gift but he is open to what God has for him. The Baptist Preacher here in Washington says that he has the gift when he prays in private prayer.
Not all Churches are like what you have been to.
As far as people who were banned, it was for good reasons. I am not talking about this specific board but many as a whole. When you are running a Christian board you cannot have someone join that is not Christian who tries to recruit people for a non-Christian board. You cannot have people cussing people out. You cannot have people who refuse to treat each other with respect. It is important that a Christian board have standards. If a non Christian visits this board and they see postings by non -Christians which are filled with bad language or promoting non Christian beliefs, then it would be a bad reflection on Christians.
Now let me talk about you personally. I believe that you have been hurt and you are looking for an excuse to dislike Christian boards. Not all boards all the same. Like I said David is very good and he treats people in a respectable way. If you give this board a change I believe you will see that.

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
http://www.indieheaven.com/artists/mm (son-in-law)http://www.myspace.com/mireles

Posts: 4985 | From: Washington State | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brotherbrown
unregistered

Every site owner and moderator has their beliefs and doctrines they follow.

Most have, I know this one does, rules you should read bdefore joining and posting,
you will be expected to follow those rules;
just like going into someone's home;
if you don't like the rules don't go there.

If you are accostomed to Pentecostal worship and visit a Baptist church, but continue your Pentecostal worship while in the Baptist church, you may well be asked to leave.
You will leave believing you are right,
the Baptist who send you away will believe they are right;
two wrongs don't make a right,
the Body of Christ is divided.

Denominations and websites should be spreading the Gospel;
most just like the hypothetical Baptist church I spoke of,
most churches and websites, I think at least some, are truly trying to spread the Gospel,
though it may be only the doctines they have personally.

Just as the Bible warns, there are people and demons that will try to control others.

Some boards are hard to get banned from, others it's easy.

quote:
When they ban someone do they tell everyone they had banned them or do they let the church assume the person left because they were wrong?

If you look through this board, under names, you will find things like
active member,
unregistered.
I know "unregistered" was once a member here and is no longer a registered member.
Some board will have "Banned" under names that were thrown out.

quote:

Do they ban someone because they were wrong or because the website couldnt dispute what they said?

It is usually a matter of opinion whether something was "disputed" or not.
Just like the Pentecostal and Baptist scenario,
it is not following the rules of the house.
The Pentecostal thought he was right, and the Baptist were wrong,
the Baptist thought they were right and the Penticostal wrong,
both thought their dispute was right.

The Penticoatal left thinking - "I showed them, I'll worship God like the Bible says regardless to their man made doctrine."

That is just so sad to me though.
When I think of young christians getting on the net. They will be subject to more deception than they can handle. And the way you put it is even the muslims can start a christian website poseing as christians to spread their deception. And there is nothing real christians can do about it.

Thunderz7
Advanced Member
Member # 31

quote:
On these christian websites are they just into controlling others beliefs or are they spreading the gospel???
There are many different boards,
just as there are different denominationas and movements within what is called Christianity.

Every site owner and moderator has their beliefs and doctrines they follow.

Most have, I know this one does, rules you should read bdefore joining and posting,
you will be expected to follow those rules;
just like going into someone's home;
if you don't like the rules don't go there.

If you are accostomed to Pentecostal worship and visit a Baptist church, but continue your Pentecostal worship while in the Baptist church, you may well be asked to leave.
You will leave believing you are right,
the Baptist who send you away will believe they are right;
two wrongs don't make a right,
the Body of Christ is divided.

Denominations and websites should be spreading the Gospel;
most just like the hypothetical Baptist church I spoke of,
most churches and websites, I think at least some, are truly trying to spread the Gospel,
though it may be only the doctines they have personally.

Just as the Bible warns, there are people and demons that will try to control others.

Some boards are hard to get banned from, others it's easy.

quote:
When they ban someone do they tell everyone they had banned them or do they let the church assume the person left because they were wrong?

If you look through this board, under names, you will find things like
active member,
unregistered.
I know "unregistered" was once a member here and is no longer a registered member.
Some board will have "Banned" under names that were thrown out.

quote:

Do they ban someone because they were wrong or because the website couldnt dispute what they said?

It is usually a matter of opinion whether something was "disputed" or not.
Just like the Pentecostal and Baptist scenario,
it is not following the rules of the house.
The Pentecostal thought he was right, and the Baptist were wrong,
the Baptist thought they were right and the Penticostal wrong,
both thought their dispute was right.

The Penticoatal left thinking - "I showed them, I'll worship God like the Bible says regardless to their man made doctrine."

The Baptist sent him away saying - "He can't just come in here and do things against the Bible."

The truth is,
unless the Penticostal heard from GOD (I know you don't believe in that -BUT) telling him to go to the Babtist church and worship like a Penticostal;
the Penticostal was wrong to go there and "eat meat offered to idols" in front of those who couldn't eat it.
1Cor.8:7 Howbeit there is not in every man that knowledge: for some with conscience of the idol unto this hour eat it as a thing offered unto an idol; and their conscience being weak is defiled.
8 But meat commendeth us not to God: for neither, if we eat, are we the better; neither, if we eat not, are we the worse.
9 But take heed lest by any means this liberty of yours become a stumblingblock to them that are weak.
10 For if any man see thee which hast knowledge sit at meat in the idol’s temple, shall not the conscience of him which is weak be emboldened to eat those things which are offered to idols;
11 And through thy knowledge shall the weak brother perish, for whom Christ died?
12 But when ye sin so against the brethren, and wound their weak conscience, ye sin against Christ.
13 Wherefore, if meat make my brother to offend, I will eat no flesh while the world standeth, lest I make my brother to offend.

quote:
Just how honest are these christian boards on the net?
Do they use trickery to look good to the public?

They are as honest as the people who own and run them.
If they use "trickery" and are just trying to look good to the "public",
they probably aren't Christin anyway.
Why would you want to be there?

quote:
I had one person that went to a christian board and posted some verses. And the moderators came in and changed what he had posted to a poem but left his name up. Now no one knows what he originally posted they just think he posted a poem. When he complained they kicked him out so now he cant tell anyone that the post is not what he said. Now he doesnt post anymore until after he finds out who owns the board and who the moderators are. That is sad. Because it takes along time to find all that out.
I haven't seen or heard of anything like that happening, for sure not here.
If David didn't like what was posted he would delete it, not change it.

Why would this person want to be on such a board?
If it was a Christin Board, were the verses from the Bible?
Was it a KJV Only board;
were the verses from the KJV?
What are the rules of the board;
did the post break rules?

Most boards it is esay to mail or PM the owners and moderator and easy enough to find out about deleted post, doesn't take long at all.

quote:
I dont know if I could agree with you. My very first thread was blocked
Then go back and read the rules;
what rule did you break?
If you still don't have the snswer PM or E-mail David, I'm sure you'll get and answer;
he's always answered me, never more than two to three days.

I have been on this board a long time,
was on the old 711 board that moved here to become CBBS,
many posters, members and even friends, that I agreed with many of their post, are no longer here.
I don't see eye to eye with David on every point of doctrine, I have had post deleted, and even received warnings.
When it happened, it was because I was taking a stand against "the rules" or taking the side of someone who was breaking rules.
This is not my house, these are not my rules,
if I want to continue as a member here I must abide by rules.
That is really simple.

Football is football,
but
high school, college and pro football have different rules.
High school football has different rules in different states.
College football has differedt rules in differednt divisions.

Brotherbrown,
you have some "doctrine" that doesn't agree with the rules here.
If you ask the right questions, in the right way, you can stay here and get answers and make friends.
If you push your doctrines, you can expect to see post and threads deleted.
If you get hostile about your presonal doctrines you can expect to get banned.

Neither you no I are Trinitarian.
Neither you no I are Oneness.
I believe in one GOD who is triune, Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
From what we have "disputed" I assume -
You believe in one God the Father, you don't believe the Son is God, nor do you believe the Holy Spirit is God.
Our "disputes: have not been hostile,
I have rather enjoyed them.
You could easily cross the "rule line"
with that doctrine, keep it debatable don't "preach it"

I hope you choose to stay with us
be blessed in Jesus
T7

Brotherbrown
unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by Eden:
Brotherbrown, my general experience of these Christian boards is that if the owner of the board does NOT AGREE with what I have posted, that I run the risk of being banned or excommunicated by that owner who thinks that "he or she is doing God a favor" by banning such a disagreeable fellow or maiden.

The Catholic church called it "excommunication", while the modern Protestant Internet theology calls it "banning".

But their end-result is the same; an excommunicated or banned Christian is no longer able to participate in study with the in-group.

But, don't be surprised at that, because until Jesus comes for the Second Time to glorify our bodies like His body was, we are living in our mostly Adamic-Eve world.

Christians are saved Adams and Eves, but they are still part of the natural "psuche" world, until the bodies are redeemed and glorified.

The key to staying on a Christian board is to not post ideas which run counter to the owner's strong Christian opinions, and Brotherbrown, one learns quickly enough what those opinions are.

with love, Eden

Now arn't you saying that if the owner is deceived the whole board is deceived. How will anyone ever go into the meat understanding if the board abides in the milk.

12 For when for the time ye ought to be teachers, ye have need that one teach you again which be the first principles of the oracles of God; and are become such as have need of milk, and not of strong meat.
13 For every one that useth milk is unskilful in the word of righteousness: for he is a babe.
14 But strong meat belongeth to them that are of full age, even those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern both good and evil.
(KJV)

Brotherbrown
unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by TEXASGRANDMA:
David is the monitor here. He always treats people with respect and unless you break the rules, he never does anything to change your post. You should feel safe posting here.
betty

I dont know if I could agree with you. My very first thread was blocked.
Eden
unregistered

Icon 5 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Brotherbrown, my general experience of these Christian boards is that if the owner of the board does NOT AGREE with what I have posted, that I run the risk of being banned or excommunicated by that owner who thinks that "he or she is doing God a favor" by banning such a disagreeable fellow or maiden.

The Catholic church called it "excommunication", while the modern Protestant Internet theology calls it "banning".

But their end-result is the same; an excommunicated or banned Christian is no longer able to participate in study with the in-group.

But, don't be surprised at that, because until Jesus comes for the Second Time to glorify our bodies like His body was, we are living in our mostly Adamic-Eve world.

Christians are saved Adams and Eves, but they are still part of the natural "psuche" world, until the bodies are redeemed and glorified.

The key to staying on a Christian board is to not post ideas which run counter to the owner's strong Christian opinions, and Brotherbrown, one learns quickly enough what those opinions are.

with love, Eden

TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

David is the monitor here. He always treats people with respect and unless you break the rules, he never does anything to change your post. You should feel safe posting here.
betty

--------------------

Brotherbrown
unregistered

quote:
these boards are as honest as they people who post. I am not being a smart alec because we do have non-Christians who join these boards. Sometimes, we have people join just to cause trouble, by posing bad words or anti-Christian comments.
I believe that as Christians we are as honest as possible. We have no reason to lie to you.
betty

I think you got off the subject. Your refering to the posters, and I'm asking about the moderators or the people that own the boards. And I'm not necassarily talking about this board.
I had one person that went to a christian board and posted some verses. And the moderators came in and changed what he had posted to a poem but left his name up. Now no one knows what he originally posted they just think he posted a poem. When he complained they kicked him out so now he cant tell anyone that the post is not what he said. Now he doesnt post anymore until after he finds out who owns the board and who the moderators are. That is sad. Because it takes along time to find all that out.

TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

these boards are as honest as they people who post. I am not being a smart alec because we do have non-Christians who join these boards. Sometimes, we have people join just to cause trouble, by posing bad words or anti-Christian comments.
I believe that as Christians we are as honest as possible. We have no reason to lie to you.
betty

--------------------

Brotherbrown
unregistered

quote:
Give me one specific question that you have about boards and we can go from there.

Just how honest are these christian boards on the net?
Do they use trickery to look good to the public?

TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Give me one specific question that you have about boards and we can go from there.

--------------------

Brotherbrown
unregistered

quote:
If you had a specific question we would do our best to answer, but to me you are asking questions that are tied up in one broad brush and doesn't have an answer.
I have found Christian boards including this one can be helpful when we have a question and so can a local Church. I am helped by both. A board can not take the place of a local Church. We have a small care group that we attend at our Church. We laugh and pray together. This board on the other hand is helpful with daily inspirations.
betty

But if one's question is about christian boards it seems silly to think that a church could answer any questions about the net. So I went to the net church or christian website for answers.
But I havent gotten any. I posted the same question on another board and they got parinoid also. Maybe you could just explain what is wrong with the questions. I have had a number of people on the net and off of the net asking me these questions. But before I ever give an answer I would like to know the truth. So I go ask until I can find an acceptable answer which I havent found yet.I guess the questions are just to hard to answer.

TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

If you had a specific question we would do our best to answer, but to me you are asking questions that are tied up in one broad brush and doesn't have an answer.
I have found Christian boards including this one can be helpful when we have a question and so can a local Church. I am helped by both. A board can not take the place of a local Church. We have a small care group that we attend at our Church. We laugh and pray together. This board on the other hand is helpful with daily inspirations.
betty

--------------------

Brotherbrown
unregistered

quote:
Sincere questions do not get you banned. It is when a person breaks the rules. This is a Christian board and David expects us to act accordingly.
If a Mormon came here and ask questions they would be treated with love, on the other hand if a Mormon came here with the expressed desire to convert Christians into the Mormon Relgion, I would imagine they would be banned. I hope this answers your question until David can make things more clear.
betty

Is this question you were asking me to answer?

Isnt it accordingly to turn to a church or other christians when one doesnt have an honest answer for questions that are confusing to them????
TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Sincere questions do not get you banned. It is when a person breaks the rules. This is a Christian board and David expects us to act accordingly.
If a Mormon came here and ask questions they would be treated with love, on the other hand if a Mormon came here with the expressed desire to convert Christians into the Mormon Relgion, I would imagine they would be banned. I hope this answers your question until David can make things more clear.
betty

Is this question you were asking me to answer?

--------------------

Brotherbrown
unregistered

quote:
I am confused about what you are asking. Are you wanting this board to critique other boards? Because this would not be appropriate.
betty

Hasnt anyone ever asked you these questions before? People have asked me these questions and I dont have an answer. And this being a christian website and honest I hope, I thought some one might try and help me.
TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

I am confused about what you are asking. Are you wanting this board to critique other boards? Because this would not be appropriate.
betty

--------------------

Brotherbrown
unregistered

What if a christian comes here and just wants to learn about these christian websites? Because I am very sencere in wanting to know.
Aaron
unregistered

I think you explained that very well, Betty.

In addition, one should be mindful of the faqs in this link: http://thechristianbbs.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=faq

Aaron

TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

betty

--------------------

Brotherbrown
unregistered

Icon 20 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm a christian and I keep getting these questions over and over and I dont have an answer.
Maybe you all could help me out.
On these christian websites are they just into controlling others beliefs or are they spreading the gospel???

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement