Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Bible Topics & Study   » From my heart, to the Body of Believers on the BBS

Author Topic: From my heart, to the Body of Believers on the BBS
barrykind
Advanced Member
Member # 35

Icon 8 posted      Profile for barrykind     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes tis true...

Thankyou Yahoshua for not givin up on me... [dance]

--------------------
The HEART of the issue is truly the issue of the HEART!
John 3:3;Mark 8:34-38;James 1:27

Posts: 3529 | From: Orange, Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
desertdweller
Advanced Member
Member # 6383

Icon 1 posted      Profile for desertdweller     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm very happy to see this line of thinking. Too often I encounter a sort of selfishness which is summarized like "I'm so happy I'm going to heaven and you'd better convert or you'll be sorry..." which doesn't express much of that compassion expressed in that line in the movie.
God doesn't give up on us....I don't think we should give up on others - it may mean we can't talk to them but we can pray for them and treat them with love and affection.
DD

Posts: 51 | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
shadowmaker
Advanced Member
Member # 3696

Icon 1 posted      Profile for shadowmaker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Primoa1970:
Dale....I agree with you.

Remember, we don't do the saving....we do the planting and sowing.

-Primo

I too have given up on people as we all have. But what Primo said is true. Theres a guy that works for me, a drunk, liar, thief, etc. Who made fun of me and others for going to church. Well, now his life is turning upside down and he was seen reading the Bible at work the other night. Some of my workers were laughing, saying how can someone like him read the Bible? My response was, have to start somewhere. Even the worst of people can get saved. I gave up on him over a yr ago. But occassionally mention him in my prayers. Guess its time to prayer for him a lot harder.
Posts: 272 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eden
unregistered

Icon 5 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi, TEXASGRANDMA. You said:

So if you have a lost loved one, don’t try to preach to them, pray for them...

Eden here: I agree. We need to pray for our loved ones, but what shall we pray?

I have been praying like this: "Lord, since we are all equal sinners, please grant repentance also to so-and-so, that we may be blessed thereby."

I've even said to the Lord, "Look, we are all equally under sin, so what does it really matter to You if You add one more son or daughter to your Great Family?"

That's how I am praying at the moment for someone we love but who is in trouble and desperately needs to be saved.

Since it is all by grace and no longer by law and works, then it is only God who can grant repentance to a sinner who does not currently have repentance. Under grace, it really is all up to God.

But the kicker is that I think that God will add to the Family the ones that we pray for, because God likes us and loves us and God does not want us to hurt for a troubled loved one: "What skin is it off the Lord's Back to add one more son or daughter to His Family" after a warm and emotional request from someone already in His Family?

Be blessed, everyone.
Eden

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TEXASGRANDMA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Primo,

You bring up a good point. We should never stop praying and living the example of a Christian life, but, we cannot force someone to get right with God.
I know I tried for years to do so. It is harder when you are married, because sometimes, God has to take a prideful person down a few levels to get their attention and if it is your mate, you go through the fire with them. I can't say that I liked losing so much during those times, but I can say now it was worth it, to see my husband saved.
God does honor our prayers and He gives us grace to sustain us through the awful times. My husband and I talked about this the other day and he said he was not worth being prayed for, for 15 years. I told him that he was. None of us are worth salvation, but God is so merciful. I heard about a preacher who prayed for 45 years for his 2 friends to get saved and they got saved weeks before he died. Now that is faith.
So if you have a lost loved one, don’t try to preach to them, but pray for them and live in front of them a good Christian example. You may be the only Bible they know.

betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
http://www.indieheaven.com/artists/mm (son-in-law)http://www.myspace.com/mireles

Posts: 4985 | From: Washington State | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Primoa1970
Advanced Member
Member # 1016

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Primoa1970     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dale....I agree with you.

I am certainly guilty of giving up on people too soon when they don't accept the message of the cross.

But....

There is also a time when we really do need to shut up and let God deal with them. Remember, we don't do the saving....we do the planting and sowing.

But I do agree with you 100%

-Primo

--------------------
1 John 1
9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.

Posts: 639 | From: Orlando, FL | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eden
unregistered

Icon 5 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi, becauseHElives, I don't think it's so much of us "giving up" as it is us being "tired after a long day's work." This IS planet earth, after all.

And then we came from Satan's world where we lived a selfish life and now we are in the kingdom of His Dear Son Jesus, where the Holy Spirit helps us not to live only for ourselves, but even you were "watching a movie" while you could have been standing on the corner of your neighborhood declaring what God had done; you might have been picked up by the Thought Police, but that is another story.

Hey, it's not so much that we give up on anothers, it's more that it's hard to get going. I think we do what we can, some do more than others.

But I have no doubt that ALL of us will be sorry that we did not do more to tell those whom we love when we actually see the gloriousness of the salvation which is provided to us.

Then we will be sorry that we did not make more of an effort to help save those whom we love, probably and most especially, by praying for them on our knees EVERY DAY, had we done that, then, according to TEXASGRANDMA's good testimony, we could have prayed others not to miss that great gloriousness of salvation:

Hebrews 2:3
How shall we escape, if we neglect so great salvation; which at the first began to be spoken by the Lord, and was confirmed unto us by them that heard him.

But what is even more important than them being saved is that I AM SAVED:

Phillippians 2:12
Wherefore, my beloved, as you have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling.

Then, what I can do for others.

Be blessed,
Eden

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TEXASGRANDMA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dale,
I prayed for 15 years for my hubby to get saved before he did. We even went through a 3 year seperation, but God did work and my hubby is saved. We have been back together since 1989. We go to Church together, read the Bible together, and even watch online Bible Studies together. I prayed for 5 years for my son to get saved and God did hear my prayer and my son does the power point for his Church and is attending a Assembly of God College.
So, I know we should keep praying for our lost loved ones, even though it seems to take forever sometimes.
betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
http://www.indieheaven.com/artists/mm (son-in-law)http://www.myspace.com/mireles

Posts: 4985 | From: Washington State | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
becauseHElives
Advanced Member
Member # 87

Icon 18 posted      Profile for becauseHElives   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How soon we give up on each other in the Body of Yeshua!

I was watching a movie this morning and I believe I heard the Holy Spirit speak these words…

“Oh, how soon you give up on others!”

I had checked the movie out from our public library. The title was “Lost in the Wild “.

I am not going to go to any length of the details of the movie; I only want to touch on the point where the Holy Spirit spoke to me…

The plane had crashed in the jungles of Mexico, some doctor’s and nurses were on there way down to help the people with medical assistance. One of the doctors had received severe injuries and was dying. Two of the doctors were doing CPR on him and said it was no use trying any longer, he was dead. But one of the ladies that had gone down, on an internship to be a doctor, “said no he can’t dye, he just can’t dye” and jump in and started CPR all over. The other doctors telling her it is no use he is gone you can’t help him. But she refused to listen and just kept trying. Finally she stops and felt for his pulse, she said he has a pulse. The other doctor in unbelief felt and said he is alive.

Oh, how soon we give up on others in the Body of Yeshua and the lost in the world.

I hope everyone will stop and reflect and ask forgiveness on giving up to soon on the hurting, the lost, the deceived…

Bless you all
In Yeshua’s Wonderful Name
Dale

--------------------
Strive to enter in at the strait gate:for many, I say unto you will seek to enter in, and shall not be able. ( Luke 13:24 )

Posts: 4578 | From: Southeast Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement