Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Bible Topics & Study   » Jesus told me (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Jesus told me
becauseHElives
Advanced Member
Member # 87

Icon 1 posted      Profile for becauseHElives   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
that to be soft at heart move mountains
Mat 17:20 And Jesus said unto them, Because of your unbelief: for verily I say unto you, If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you.

Walk on water, perform miracles, heal the sick, cast out demons, these are all things the child of Yahweh should hope for, desire but only as they are needed to glorify Yahweh.

Unbelief was the cause Yeshua sited to His disciples as the cause for their lack of ability to .do the works of Yahweh. So the reason would be the same for us today

.Mar 16:14 Afterward he appeared unto the eleven as they sat at meat, and upbraided them with their unbelief and hardness of heart, because they believed not them which had seen him after he was risen.

unbelief and hardness of heart are inseparable twins.

quote:
desertdweller / cbou4668

I agree with your statements about how we can't keep the first commandment, much less the rest.

Have you been given a new heart, are you a new creation, have you been filled with the Holy Spirit?

Without holiness no man or woman shall see Yahweh.

Without the nature / character of Yahweh being part of your nature / character no person shall see Yahweh.

When reviled… do you revile back?

Do you return evil for evil?

Have you truly been born again or you just a church member?

What is your nature?

Mat 5:17.…
Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.
For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.
Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach [them], the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

Mat 7:12 ….
Therefore all things whatsoever ye would that men should do to you, do ye even so to them: for this is the law and the prophets.
Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide [is] the gate, and broad [is] the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:
Because strait [is] the gate, and narrow [is] the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

--------------------
Strive to enter in at the strait gate:for many, I say unto you will seek to enter in, and shall not be able. ( Luke 13:24 )

Posts: 4578 | From: Southeast Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cbou4668
Advanced Member
Member # 6280

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cbou4668     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
DD, it may be risky, but my first efforts in understanding Revelation were restricted to understanding the first 3 chapters. I started in 1976. I had concluded that the "secret meaning", as it is stated in "The Good News for Modern Man New Testament" was that understanding the topic of each of the 7 messages to the 7 churches was revealing the 7 Spirits of God. It led me to believe that each of us as a person had the capabilities to hone the personality traits or spirits, that are the topics of each message, within ourselves to become better followers of Christ. After reading the Bible the 3rd time I became Aware that Revelation consists of the Books of the Law of Moses, the Prophets and Psalms. The book of Revelation is a reiteration of the Old Testament. The real value of Revelation appears to be understanding the 7 messages to the 7 churches.
Posts: 99 | From: Rockledge, FL | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
desertdweller
Advanced Member
Member # 6383

Icon 1 posted      Profile for desertdweller     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cbou,
I do think it is really risky to get mired down in analysis of Revelations. There are probably more interpretations of what/who/if/when/where regarding 666 than Christian on the planet, I think.
Blessings.
DD

Posts: 51 | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cbou4668
Advanced Member
Member # 6280

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cbou4668     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
DD, I believe that Revelation brought it up by mentioning the number 666. Doesn't it strike you as ambiguous to throw in a number with no obvious way of knowing where that number comes from. Some of the explainations I have heard about the origin of the number 666 are so complicated that it doesn't satisfy the verse refering to a time when things will become simple to understand.
Posts: 99 | From: Rockledge, FL | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
desertdweller
Advanced Member
Member # 6383

Icon 1 posted      Profile for desertdweller     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cbou,
sorry, I meant you.....
DD

Posts: 51 | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
desertdweller
Advanced Member
Member # 6383

Primo,
I agree with your statements about how we can't keep the first commandment, much less the rest.

You wrote
"Keeping Solomon in the loop, I beleive is a problem."

I must have missed out on a lot of history.....but I don't know anyone who pays any attention nowadays to Solomon theologically. The best way to get someone to ignore what is not good is to start paying attention to what is good......so we should keep our eyes on Christ, right? Why even bring up Solomon?

DD [Confused]

cbou4668
Advanced Member
Member # 6280

DD, man disobeying God, is man not acknowledging God. There is more to all this than just acknowledging God. That is just the beginning. Thus the First Commandment, Love God with all your heart and mind and soul. Getting this first thing right has been a real problem for man. We have to know who we are acknowledging. Keeping Solomon in the loop, I beleive is a problem.
Eden
unregistered

Icon 5 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi, desertdweller. You said:

I think there are holy Christians out there, but probably are not in the public eye. Maybe that’s the way God wants it.

Eden here:

Yes, Christians who no longer go to the world’s or devil’s movies and the world’s or the devil’s books and the world’s or the devil’s songs, these are hanging out with books and songs of YHWH of Israel and the Lord Jesus in their homes, and are not that much in the public eye.

But YHWH usually has those hidden Christians working on some projects for Him. Projects and talents which suddenly appear on the world scene. Like you said, God has always had some unsung heros out there who have experienced some great glories in God thru Jesus.

So yes, holy, or set apart Christians, are not that much in the public eye because they don’t participate (hopefully) in their activities anymore.

Psalm 34:8
O taste and see that the LORD is good: blessed is the man that trusts in him.

This is one of the most important verses in the Bible to me. God is much more inspirational than Lucifer ever was.

Be blessed,
Eden

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
desertdweller
Advanced Member
Member # 6383

Icon 16 posted      Profile for desertdweller     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cbou4668,

I never hear that proposed before – that Solomon is what the 666 stands for. Generally and specifically, I don’t think it is a good use of time to try to figure out what is going to happen, when the end of the world is, who 666 is, etc. Jesus said no man knows, not even Jesus – the Father only, so it seems that trying to figure all that out is contrary to what Jesus told his followers.

I agree it is very tragic that the terrorists believe what they do. There is lots of lunatic behavior out there that is often the outcome of cult-association and brain-washing. Cults provide the emotionaly high to people they are not getting elsewhere – a sense of certainty of purpose in a stressful and meaningless culture, a confidence in being right, etc. Christians also need to watch out for the temptation of falling into all that.

You wrote:
Acknowledgement of God is ultimately the point.

DD here:
Isn’t it more than that? Isn’t it to know God for oneself – in the way only each one of us can because our being unique in all creation? And then, I’d say it’s more than that too, to walk as Jesus did on the earth.

Anyway, I do very much share your concern that the church has gone downhill since the beginning. Or maybe it’s that the really holy ones are just quiet and doing the will of God, while all the noisy ones are too much like the pharisees with the processions in public, trumpets, etc.? There has been a small set of holy people throughout history who have manifested various spectacular gifts of God, but none around now that I know of who are universally respected by the Christian community and the secular world. I think there are holy Christians out there, but probably are not in the public eye. Maybe that’s the way God wants it. I guess the last martyrs I can think of are Bonhoeffer and other clergy and faithful that died in WWII. I’m sure there have been others since then, but we just don’t hear about it.

DD

cbou4668
Advanced Member
Member # 6280

DD, for the sake of Faith. One in the name of Jesus Christ doesn't bring Glory to the name of God. Acknowledgement of God is ultimately the point. There are those that believe that killing themselves to kill a bunch of Godless from the Earth is acknowledging and doing God's will. That doesn't sound like the meek inheriting the Earth to me. I propose that some serious modification to acknowledging God be implimented by the human race for its salvation from terrorist. As a matter of fact I propose that to enhance ones acceptance of Jesus Christ that they understand that King Solomon is who the number 666 stands for. Thus an apology to God for ever possibly revering Solomon is in order. Deuteronomy 17:17, Deuteronomy 29:20, First Kings 10:14, Second Chronicles 9:13, Proverbs 25:3, Revelation 2:23, Revelation 13:18.
desertdweller
Advanced Member
Member # 6383

LOL this is all more entertaining than any comedy I have ever seen. Maybe I shouldn't be laughing. On the other hand.....if we move mountains and have not love - then aren't we something that just makes noise? That passage is quoted so often it unfortunately has little impact any more.
Ordinary life is where holiness and love are evident or not. But ordinary life is not very glamorous, now is it? Doesn't feed the ego much.

I like the story of an ancient Christian hermit (from the 300s). He had the gift of healing but dreaded anyone knowing about it - but word got out anyway. A woman with 'a growth on her breast' came looking for him and ran into him (not knowing who he really was) in the desert. She asked if he knew where the hermit with the gift of healing was, and he replied, "What do you want with that old charletan? All you need is faith in God. Here, let me pray with you!"

And so he prayed with and she was healed and she went away never knowing it was the hermit all along.

So, if you can pray and make hurricanes not happen, great. I question your needing to persuade everyone else.

Yet, it would be great if there were more Christians around who would walk by sick people and have their shadow heal them.

DD

cbou4668
Advanced Member
Member # 6280

Yes Eden, I agree with your latest post. It isn't as easy through hearsay than eyewitness. Jesus responded there are those that wished they could have seen what the Desciples were seeing. That was in reference to Sodom and Gamorah, but I think it applies to our time as well. Looking for tricks won't be our answer, looking for relief from our woes will. I pray that it be the Lords' will.
Eden
unregistered

Hi, cbou4668. You said:

I happen to believe that as a planet we aren't showing enough Faith in respect to The Creator and Jesus Christ and the Holy Spirit. From what I see today compared to the days of the Super Apostles there has been regression instead of progression.

Eden here:

Yes, I agree with you, chou4668 that there HAS been a regression rather than a progression in the amount and quality of the miracles that the 12 apostles did and that the 70 disciples did and also in the miracles that Paul did.

I think that what’s happening is that they were actually eyewitnesses of the miracles, they saw them in real life, whereas we have to get our picture and experience of the miracles through reading it ourselves or from hearing someone read it to us or tell it to us.

Ours is hearsay, whereas theirs was eyewitness. And I think that being an eyewitness generates much great faith than reading and hearing about it, through hearsay.

Eyewitness Peter was SO impressed by seeing the Lord walk on water, that it generated Peter into thinking, “If he can do that, can I do that too?”:

Matthew 14
And in the fourth watch of the night Jesus went to them, walking on the sea.

And when the disciples saw him walking on the sea, they were troubled, saying, It is a spirit; and they cried out with fear.

27 But straightway Jesus spoke to them, saying, Be of good cheer; it is I; don’t be afraid.

28 Then Peter answered him and said, Lord, if it is you, bid me to come to you on the water.

29 And He said, Come. And when Peter was come down out of the ship, he walked on the water, to go to Jesus.

30 But when he saw that the wind was boisterous, he was afraid, and beginning to sink, he cried out, saying, Lord, save me.

And immediately Jesus stretched forth his hand and caught him, and He said to him, O you of little faith, why did you doubt?

Peter did walk for a while on the water before he sank. And I don’t think I could have done any better than Peter did. The other 11 disciples were still in the boat and none of them had faith and audacity to ask the Lord to bid Peter to come walk on the water.

It is interesting that Peter asked the Lord first to ask Peter to come. I think a key in getting greater faith is having faith in God and not in ourselves. I think I still think like, “if I have faith LIKE God, than I CAN DO so and so”, whereas the answer is probably the reverse, namely, “I can’t do anything but God can do anything.”

It’s hard to have faith in God. First we need to know who and what God is. So as TEXASGRANDMA said, reading the Word of God and reading about the Word of God from saints who have gone before us is very important in building up our faith in God.

And finally, being eyewitnesses probably made it easier to have this "faith in God"'s abilities, seeing them withe their own eyes; but we have to derive our faith from hearsay and from what miracles we see in our own church or on TV or hear and read about in our own time.

But to derive faith in God from hearsay rather than eyewitness is harder, I think.

Be blessed,
Eden

TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TEXASGRANDMA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Rom 10:17 So then faith [cometh] by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

We should be in the Word of God everyday. Studying God's Word does make your faith grow.
We seek to do God's will every day.
betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
http://www.indieheaven.com/artists/mm (son-in-law)http://www.myspace.com/mireles

Posts: 4985 | From: Washington State | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cbou4668
Advanced Member
Member # 6280

Icon 6 posted      Profile for cbou4668     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Eden, I don't agree. But thank you for the critique. The only attempt at any of this is to hopefully make things simpler to understand in the Holy Spirit. I happen to believe that as a planet we aren't showing enough Faith in respect to The Creator and Jesus Christ and the Holy Spirit. From what I see today compared to the days of the Super Apostles there has been regression instead of progression. Life hasn't gotten harder just the hearts of people. I believe that the one that may be the one responding to Jesus "When Lord did we help you?" maybe one of the ones you were refering to.
Eden
unregistered

Hi, chou4668. You said:

"Texasgrandma, is asking for more Faith wrong? I prefer to believe that Faith will yield even greater rewards than we are presently receiving.
I don't know why you consider that walking on water is a bad thing. I believe walking on water doesn't take as much Faith as saying your sins are forgiven."

Eden here:

Actually Jesus demonstrated that anybody can say "your sins are forgiven", because who can prove whether the sins are forgiven or not? So it would take more faith to walk on water because that could be actually proven by walking or sinking.

Matthew 9
4 And Jesus, knowing their thoughts, said, Why do you think evil in your hearts?

5 For which is easier, to say, Your sins be forgiven you; or to say, Arise and walk?

6 But that you may know that the Son of man has power on earth to forgive sins, (he then said to the sick of the palsy,) Arise, take up your bed, and go to your house.

chou4668 continues:

"For the rich to share with the poor is greater than a camel passing through the eye of a needle."

Eden here:

Actually, that is also not true. It is greater if the camel has passed through the eye of a needle because that means the camel is on the other side of the needle, which means the camel has made it into the kingdom of God.

But many unsaved rich share with the unsaved poor, yet neither of them is greater than the camel because they are not necessarily on the other side of the needle. But the camel is. Therefore the camel is greater.

chou4668 continues:

"A soft heart moves mountains."

Eden here:

A soft heart turns away wrath. Faith moves mountains.

chou4668:

Being more in the vine doesn't mean that you can't do as much as the example that lived.

Eden here: Either one is IN the vine or one is OUT OF the vine. There is no such thing as being MORE in the vine.

Be blessed, chou4668; thanks for your Topic.

Eden

Eden
unregistered

TEXASGRANDMA said: "I don't believe Jesus called us to walk on water but to be fishers of men."
betty

Eden here: Under appropriate circumstances God may again have someone walk on water. But there is probably little sense in, say, have someone walking on the water while everybody else is at the Mall. God can do many miracles.

When discussing another miracle, Jesus said, "Have faith in God":

Mark 11
21 And Peter calling to remembrance said to him, Master, look, the fig tree which you cursed is withered away.

22 Then Jesus answering said to them, Have faith in God.

We often think something like this: "Lord, give me more faith so that I can move mountains".

But what did Jesus say: "Have faith in God".

Oh, that's different. And that there is just the problem: we do not have enough faith in God.

Grace is something that God does for us; law is something we do for God. We are now under grace:

Romans 3
21 But now the righteousness of God [b]without the law
is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets;

24 Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus.

In grace, God does everything, and we do nothing. "Have faith in God".

Be blessed,
Eden

cbou4668
Advanced Member
Member # 6280

Icon 6 posted      Profile for cbou4668     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Texas, is asking for more Faith wrong? I prefer to believe that Faith will yeild even greater rewards than we are presently receiving. I don't know why you consider that walking on water is a bad thing. I believe walking on water doesn't take as much Faith as saying your sins are forgiven. For the rich to share with the poor is greater than a camel passing through the eye of a needle. A soft heart moves mountains. Please don't get hung up on walking on water. Loving your neighbor as you would want to be loved is the Second Greatest Commandment. I would almost think that you think that Jesus' act of "walking on water" was a side show. Being more in the vine doesn't mean that you can't do as much as the example that lived. I have acknowledged that you have Faith and I am sure that you are content with your Faith. There is more to Faith than just coping with the hardships of life. Faith can overcome the hardships of life.
cbou4668
Advanced Member
Member # 6280

Did I claim sole proprietorship over this being an act of Jesus fulfilling a request? It takes two in the name of Jesus, and I believe that at least one other person asked for exactly what was given.
EL3LN3TN
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by cbou4668:
[QB] EL3LN3TN, I can back up the fact that I posted such before hurricane season last year.

Good.
quote:
I had a feeling shortly after that there would be no hurricanes. At the beginning of the season, one came across Cuba headed north toward south Florida with an exit route through Melbourne area, which is where I live.

Amazing! I, and thousands of others, also had the same feeling, largely based on the hope that "no major hurricanes" would bother the U.S. that year.
quote:
I immediately felt like maybe I have been hearing Satan.

Yeah, I know what you mean. [Roll Eyes]
quote:
The hurricane down graded to tropical storm when it made landfall and I worked in Cape Canaveral all day of the exit route. There were a lot of businesses closed, including KSC.

Amazing!! Christ has given you incredible powers!!

Did you know Cape Canaveral was called Cape Kennedy for a while??

TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TEXASGRANDMA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Eden,
Thanks, hon. I thought he was saying I was too old for God to give me faith. To me, faith is not something you seek to do a side show with. To me faith is what gets your through times, when you lose your home to no fault of your own, when you walk away from a grave, of someone you love dear, and yet you can still say to God "I don't understand, but I will serve you till I die". This is what faith is about. Faith is something a believer uses in everyday life. It took faith to move 2,000 miles away from my family because it was God's will at my age, but God gave me the grace to do so. I am not saying I am any great person of faith, but I have walked with Jesus since I was 7 and I have seen God give me the grace to trust Him, through many many things.
I do not seek faith in walking on the water; I seek to do God's will and to walk as close to Him every day as I can. I believe the lost would not be persuaded by someone walking on water but by watching those they know, keep their faith in God, even during the bad times, as well as the good times. When Jesus, Himself preformed miracles on this earth, many did not believe Him. If a person were to walk on water in America, people would be spending months trying to figure out what trick that person, used, but very few would say that it meant God was real. Americans are used to magic tricks, what we are not used to is seeing people live out their lives through good and bad for Jesus. We are a living testimony to God's goodness. That is why I don't believe God is calling us to walk on water, but to tell our neighbors that Jesus loves them.
betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
http://www.indieheaven.com/artists/mm (son-in-law)http://www.myspace.com/mireles

Posts: 4985 | From: Washington State | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cbou4668
Advanced Member
Member # 6280

Texas, I responded the way I did because growth in Faith has been exactly what I'm talking about with "walking on water". You have rejected this kind of thinking and reinforced yourself with a statement of age. I do not challenge your Faith and have recognized that you do have Faith.
Eden
unregistered

Hi, Larry McCully, the new wine skin represents our glorified body. The first Adamic skin represents the old wine skin.

Because of sin, God cannot put much glory into these first Adamic bodies because they would, well, burst.

But into the glorified bodies that are coming, into that new wine skin God can put the glory of the godhead and the mind of Christ, just as Jesus had and is.

The new wine skin does not yet exist for bornagain Christians. We are still in our old wine skins right now.

Be blessed,
Eden

Larry McCully
Community Member
Member # 6357

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Larry McCully     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just read a post about putting old wine into new wine skin. Of course you cant put new wine into old wine skins, you put new wine into new wine skins. If you put new in old skins,... it will burst and you lose the nectar. At the time of salvation and baptism, we become new skins and then we start getting filled up with new wine.Burp!!! But if you become a new skin and dont follow through by becoming a part of a maintanance program eg: fellowship , studies etc etc , then you dont get filled. You will dry up and mosty likely crack and will need renewing.At the same instance if you are a new skin and you are being filled with a beer or a spirit, dont expect to last long. wine skin is for wine, Wooden barrels is for beer and spirits, God does not talk about us being beer barrels. What i am trying to say is that we must be carefull with what we fill ourselves with, (Good wine) We dont want to fill ourselves with anything that will spoil us.
Posts: 7 | From: sydney Australia | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Larry McCully
Community Member
Member # 6357

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Larry McCully     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That old saying that you cant teach an old dog new tricks is a big fat lie. You can teach a old dog new tricks.When someone allows Jesus to come into their life and old habits change, They learn new tricks. I spent 29 years as a drug addict. Now i am free clean and learning life skills all over again. Their is no depth that is deep enough for Jesus incapable of reaching into and recycling a human soal.
Posts: 7 | From: sydney Australia | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Larry,
I agree with you. I don't believe a person can be too old, to have their faith grow, either.
I guess that is what that person meant about old skins.
betty

--------------------

Larry McCully
Community Member
Member # 6357

Which means you can only get faith through gods word
TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Rom 10:17 So then faith [cometh] by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

--------------------

Larry McCully
Community Member
Member # 6357

Well geday mate. Greetings from afar and peace to this house. I recall something that happened in my life a few years ago that after reading some of the replies from you guys i thought i would share it with you. I have had a big history in drug addiction and at a time in my life when i was trusting in the lord for healing and at the same time praying to the lord that others be healed of the same thing, i came across a article in a local mag that the Australian Govt was thinking of doing a pilot trial where they were going to take 250 heroin addicts and administer diacetlemorphine (pharmaceutical Heroin. Street heroin made in a licensed lab)
to them once a day for 12 months as well as administering methadone ( sub vented Maintenance program). So in lay mens terms, 250 people could go in and get a free shot of heroin in the morning and then go back in the arvo and get a dose of methadone.(Wow talk about free drinks.)
They wanted to see if it would reduce the crime rate caused in smack addicts going out and doing break-ins to get cash to buy the heroin.It was going to cost 1 million dolors to do the survey.When i read about this program, my heart fell out and prayed to the lord and said....Lord, that is like giving heroin to a heroin user to get him of heroin. It doesn't fit. So i said lord .what can i do. I had the urge to send a fax to 50 churches around Australia that i new that would have at least 100 members in the congregation on any given Sunday and asked the pastor to send the same fax to 3 other congregations to pray this same prayer. I asked them to pray to our lord that he would cause the principalities involved in this event to be brought down and that the prime minister would 'REVERSE HIS DECISION'S figured that on one Sunday that over 20000 people were praying over this intended program. (100 per church x 50 =5000 plus the other 3 churches invited by each of the 50 pastors comes to a total of 20000.) At the same time i wrote the prime minister and suggested that he spend a million bucks on surveying successful rehab programs. His studies would have found that their would be thousands of small ministry teams in the country attached to spirit filled churches that could boast of positive 100% success in restoring lives of those the lord has send .Simple and even today their are still those teams around the world in churches that see lives change on a daily basis. Why not take advantage of them.Anyway 7 months later it was announced on national TV that the Prime minister had and in his own words I AM REVERSING MY DECISION to proceed with the pilot scheme. The exact words we prayed where the exact words that came out of the Prime ministeres mouth. What can we say to anybody that doughts the fervent prayers of a ritchious person. Answer; They need to check it out for them selves before commenting, . I am so glad that their is a person that called himself Jehovah and he has a son called Jesus and that their is a think called the Holy Spirit and that God is the most power-fullest spirit in existence.

TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

I think you have insulted me. Which is weird because you do not know me.
betty

--------------------

cbou4668
Advanced Member
Member # 6280

Texas, I think that you can't put new wine in old wine skins. That is as far as my judgement of your Faith is. I will not deny that you have Faith.
TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

God knows my faith. No one else knows or can judge the amount of faith I have. I will not bore you with what God has seen me though, in my almost 55 years of life, but my faith is secure in my Lord and Savior.
thanks,
betty

--------------------

cbou4668
Advanced Member
Member # 6280

EL3LN3TN, I can back up the fact that I posted such before hurricane season last year. I had a feeling shortly after that there would be no hurricanes. At the beginning of the season, one came across Cuba headed north toward south Florida with an exit route through Melbourne area, which is where I live. I immediately felt like maybe I have been hearing Satan. The hurricane down graded to tropical storm when it made landfall and I worked in Cape Canaveral all day of the exit route. There were a lot of businesses closed, including KSC.
EL3LN3TN
unregistered

You're afraid of me are'nt you?? You can't handle the Truth.
quote:
Kathy, I was actually addressing Texas in my latest post. I am glad to find someone that is willing to concede to Faith that it is possible to ask of The Ruler of Gods' Creation for the winds to "be still".

Sure. Ask anything you want. Ask the State Lottery board for $5 million dollars.
quote:
I hope and believe with all my heart that this kind of Faith will carry over into believing that through the Holy Spirit the Age of Terrorist is subdued and ended. A new day will dawn with healing in its wings.

NEW AGE
cbou4668
Advanced Member
Member # 6280

Kathy, I was actually addressing Texas in my latest post. I am glad to find someone that is willing to concede to Faith that it is possible to ask of The Ruler of Gods' Creation for the winds to "be still". I hope and believe with all my heart that this kind of Faith will carry over into believing that through the Holy Spirit the Age of Terrorist is subdued and ended. A new day will dawn with healing in its wings. Hope in the best of mankind through The Holy Spirit. Some how I had managed to miss your previous post in agreement and support of the Faith I am professing. Forgive me if I have been insensitive.
EL3LN3TN
unregistered

Sorry, but I think we're also discussing the ability to control continental weather patterns as well - including the courses of tropical hurricanes!!

Posting on a lame christian internet message board can alter & control the cycle of Atlantic hurricanes, according to cbou4668!!!

Cbou4668, please tell us about your incredible abilities, sitting on your **** , (in a trailer park, no doubt)in front of a PC??? We're dying to hear!!! [wave3]

WoW! Does NOAA or NASA know about this??

kllane
Advanced Member
Member # 6275

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kllane     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't think God is a show God either, all I think is tring to be said is that we as Christians, should strive for the same faith that made walking on water possible.
In Christ, Kathy

Posts: 35 | From: texas | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cbou4668
Advanced Member
Member # 6280

Ma'am, I quite simply am not looking for anyone to walk on water, but if I was to meet such I would be highly suspect if credit wasn't given to Jesus and God and The Holy Spirit. Peter wanted to walk on water, but it seems that to a believer today to be almost folly for Jesus doing such. Personally I recognize it as proof in my face of a lack of Faith.
TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Kathy,
I agree we should be spending more time in prayer and in God's Word, especially in these days. I still do not believe our motive should be to walk on water but to be the best person we can be for Christ. None of the discples sought to walk on water after Jesus was assended into Heaven. I do not believe it was alike of faith on their part. After all they had the faith to die for Jesus, in very painful ways. I believe that they were too busy doing the job God gave them to do. Also Peter did not even want to be crucified the same way that Jesus was, because he did not consider himself worthy to die the same way Jesus died. I do not believe the discples thought them self worthy of walking on water. I believe God does still does miracles, but they are not done as a side show, but in order to proof God is real. If a person walked on water today, this would not draw attention to God but to the person who walked on water. We are to be pointing the lost to Jesus and not to ourselves. But, yes I believe that we should be praying and seeking God's will for our lives, every day. Work for our time is short and the harvest is great.
betty

please forgive any misspelled words. my office word is messed up

--------------------

EL3LN3TN
unregistered

I suppose false teachers or frauds,suspected lunatics or demonaics are also being "ridiculed for Christ" when they are exposed, or their highly questionable claims are examined, or explanation is inquired??
kllane
Advanced Member
Member # 6275

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kllane     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
cbou4668,
I personally am glad to hear that when you feel God's spirit leading you to pray, you follow He's lead. The bible tells us there is great power in prayer. Even the power to alter the wind,rain,and anything else God has created.
God uses us all in different ways, and He does have the power to hold back bad weather,if he so choses! Acts 2:13 states "some however made fun of them and said, they have had too much wine. Matt. 27:13 states In the same way the chief priest, the teachers of the law and the elders mocked Him. Concider it a privilage to be ridiculed for Christ. Faith can move mountians, may the God of heaven and earth increase your faith, and continue praying in His name for all that the Spirit may lead you to do.
In Christ, Kathy [thumbsup2]

Posts: 35 | From: texas | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
EL3LN3TN
unregistered

quote:
Last year we had no hurricanes. I believe that it is in direct response to a post of mine in early spring on the bellsouth.net Christian message board. What I did was post that if anyone accepts Jesus as The Ruler of Gods' Creation, as it says in Revelation, that they join me in asking Him to spare us of the disastrous weather. Obviously, what was to rival the preceding year, never happened. That is what I see. Money only can do so much, Faith to move mountains is what we need.

You're serious, right???

...so your activities of sitting at a computer keyboard, and typing out text messages to a religious website forum server influenced and directed climate/ocean temps/ & weather systems across a large portion of the Northern hemisphere?? ewww-kay... [Roll Eyes]

...uh...do you think you could give a working explanation of how this happens??? I mean...what are the "connections", of typing at a workstation/sending a message to a server, posting a text message on a website...and then subsequently, this affects continental airflow patterns, storm systems, and whatnot...and how these activities are interconnected and can be proveably demonstrated. [Wink]

Are you on meds or anything?

cbou4668
Advanced Member
Member # 6280

Unfortunately, I am too hard at heart. Actually, I have been using that as a catchall metaphor for lacking Faith. Peter walked on the water as well. I believe that there is no harm done in expecting more from people than I have seen. I don't judge, but I do see. Last year we had no hurricanes. I believe that it is in direct response to a post of mine in early spring on the bellsouth.net Christian message board. What I did was post that if anyone accepts Jesus as The Ruler of Gods' Creation, as it says in Revelation, that they join me in asking Him to spare us of the disastrous weather. Obviously, what was to rival the preceding year, never happened. That is what I see. Money only can do so much, Faith to move mountains is what we need.
EL3LN3TN
unregistered

...so maybe cbou4668 can share with us some of his/her techniques or methods for "walking on water"??

Personally, I've always felt that anyone leaving their home on a rainy day is walking on water across the sidewalk and driveway just to get to their car!! [thumbsup2]

TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

I do not believe God has called Christians to be a side show, but to win the lost. We are not to seek to walk on water, but to walk as close to God as we can.
betty

--------------------

cbou4668
Advanced Member
Member # 6280

God knows you better than you know yourself. A lack of Faith is more evident today than ever. I happen to believe the whole Bible, the books of the Prophets as well. To discard even one thought generated by those books is a lack of Faith. They tell of today as well as then. The time of the end of the age of terrorism can only be the beginning of the time when "it will be unheard of for anyone to die before the age of 100 and still be as youth". The lack of Faith is costing your children this end and beginning. I can't believe that people have this do nothing attitude about Faith. There has to be a drastic revival of Faith. Faith a Spirit of God, message to the Church in Smyrna, "be faithful, even to the point of death". I believe in the whole Bible and it tells me that a fruitless fig tree withers. My Faith has taken me this direction and it scares me to have to rely on people for fulfilling another Spirit of God, Service, Message to the Church in Pergamum.
TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

I don't believe Jesus called us to walk on water but to be fishers of men.
betty

"And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature" (Mark 16:15).

--------------------

EL3LN3TN
unregistered

quote:
Personally I believe we are doing ourselves a disservice by not pursuing to walk on water.

???
[Roll Eyes]

cbou4668
Advanced Member
Member # 6280

No, of course not. There are no more prophets, maybe saints though. But I don't see myself as puffed up as this has taken a long time. Actually the advent of the Internet only made it easier to communicate than relying on snail mail and no reply at all. Personally I believe we are doing ourselves a disservice by not pursuing to walk on water. The chance of a person like myself being considered anything more than a sinner is purely up to Jesus and God.
EL3LN3TN
unregistered

...so you're proclaiming yourself to be a prophet.(?)....

What, exactly is that, in your view??

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement