Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Bible Topics & Study   » POOR

Author Topic: POOR
Eden
unregistered

Icon 5 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi, Vizionary. I for one am glad for the news that Jesus said that a man's life does not consists in the abundance of the things that he possesses:

Luke 12:15
And He said to them, Take heed, and beware of covetousness: for a man's life consists not in the abundance of the things which he possesses.

That's sweet to know, because I don't have a lot of things, but I feel happy IN Christ:

1 Corinthians 1:2
To the church of God which is at Corinth, to them who are sanctified in Christ Jesus, called to be saints, with all that in every place call upon the name of Jesus Christ our Lord, both theirs and ours:

1 Corinthians 1:30
But of Him {of God} are you in Christ Jesus, who of God is made to us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption.

Galatians 2:20
I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ lives in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave Himself for me.

I may not have many possessions, but a man's life does not consist of many possessions but the man having his sins forgiven by the cross and a man who has already been crucified with Christ:

But of Him {of God} are you in Christ Jesus, who of God is made to us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption.

Through the cross we already have obtained 100% justfication through forgiveness of sins past, and we already have obtained 100% sanctification by being "put in Christ by God" and by being "crucified with Christ".

We believed God for our justification, or forgiveness of sins past. And we remember the day that we believed for justification or forgiveness of sins past.

But we also need to believe for sanctification, or being crucified with Christ in the past and [/b]not in the future[/b]:

But of Him are you in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption.

Galatians 2:20
I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ lives in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave Himself for me.

Romans 6:6
Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with Him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin.

Yeah, but....do you know this?

Do you know that God took care of both sins past and the sinner who would continue to produce more sins?

Do you think that God will take care of sins past but leave the "factory" of sins undealt with?

No, Jesus suffered for our justification, and for our sanctification God crucified us with Christ and by His Own Will has alreay put us IN Christ when, on the afternoon, that Jesus died.

We are now justified (past sins 100% forgiven) and we are not sanctified by being crucified in the past with Christ on the same God.

Do you believe God when God says that He already crucified YOU with Christ Jesus on the cross?

We must BELIEVE for sanctification just as we had to BELIEVE for our justification.

Be blessed, then,
Eden

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
artm
Advanced Member
Member # 6243

Icon 1 posted      Profile for artm     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi. Please let me say here, That Luke 6:20 does not speak of being poor as it relates to money.

But rather, Jesus is speaking of those who know and understand that " Within themselves " they are " Morally and Spiritually bankrupt "

So Luke is speaking of being spiritually poor,which is a must if one is to mature in the things of God.

Thank you for allowing me to comment on this subject.

Art.

Posts: 50 | From: New York | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
vizionary
Community Member
Member # 6271

Icon 1 posted      Profile for vizionary     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm kinda poor;
but I can spare a word!
PEACE [cool_shades]

Luk 6:20 And he lifted up his eyes on his disciples, and said, Blessed be ye poor: for yours is the kingdom of God.21 Blessed are ye that hunger now: for ye shall be filled. Blessed are ye that weep now: for ye shall laugh.22 Blessed are ye, when men shall hate you, and when they shall separate you from their company, and shall reproach you, and cast out your name as evil, for the Son of man's sake.23 Rejoice ye in that day, and leap for joy: for, behold, your reward is great in heaven: for in the like manner did their fathers unto the prophets.24 But woe unto you that are rich! for ye have received your consolation. 25 Woe unto you that are full! for ye shall hunger. Woe unto you that laugh now! for ye shall mourn and weep.

Luk 12:15 And he said unto them, Take heed, and beware of covetousness: for a man's life consisteth not in the abundance of the things which he possesseth. 16 And he spake a parable unto them, saying, The ground of a certain rich man brought forth plentifully:17 And he thought within himself, saying, What shall I do, because I have no room where to bestow my fruits?18 And he said, This will I do: I will pull down my barns, and build greater; and there will I bestow all my fruits and my goods.19 And I will say to my soul, Soul, thou hast much goods laid up for many years; take thine ease, eat, drink, and be merry. 20 But God said unto him, Thou fool, this night thy soul shall be required of thee: then whose shall those things be, which thou hast provided? 21 So is he that layeth up treasure for himself, and is not rich toward God. 22 And he said unto his disciples, Therefore I say unto you, Take no thought for your life, what ye shall eat; neither for the body, what ye shall put on.23 The life is more than meat, and the body is more than raiment. 24 Consider the ravens: for they neither sow nor reap; which neither have storehouse nor barn; and God feedeth them: how much more are ye better than the fowls?25 And which of you with taking thought can add to his stature one cubit?26 If ye then be not able to do that thing which is least, why take ye thought for the rest?27 Consider the lilies how they grow: they toil not, they spin not; and yet I say unto you, that Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these.28 If then God so clothe the grass, which is to day in the field, and to morrow is cast into the oven; how much more will he clothe you, O ye of little faith?29 And seek not ye what ye shall eat, or what ye shall drink, neither be ye of doubtful mind.30 For all these things do the nations of the world seek after: and your Father knoweth that ye have need of these things.31 But rather seek ye the kingdom of God; and all these things shall be added unto you.32 Fear not, little flock; for it is your Father's good pleasure to give you the kingdom.33 Sell that ye have, and give alms; provide yourselves bags which wax not old, a treasure in the heavens that faileth not, where no thief approacheth, neither moth corrupteth. 34 For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also

2Co 6:10 As sorrowful, yet alway rejoicing; as poor, yet making many rich; as having nothing, and yet possessing all things.

Last one :

1Ti 6:1 Let as many servants as are under the yoke count their own masters worthy of all honour, that the name of God and his doctrine be not blasphemed.2 And they that have believing masters, let them not despise them, because they are brethren; but rather do them service, because they are faithful and beloved, partakers of the benefit. These things teach and exhort. 3 If any man teach otherwise, and consent not to wholesome words, even the words of our Lord Jesus Christ, and to the doctrine which is according to godliness;4 He is proud, knowing nothing, but doting about questions and strifes of words, whereof cometh envy, strife, railings, evil surmisings, 5 Perverse disputings of men of corrupt minds, and destitute of the truth, supposing that gain is godliness: from such withdraw thyself. 6 But godliness with contentment is great gain. 7 For we brought nothing into this world, and it is certain we can carry nothing out.8 And having food and raiment let us be therewith content. 9 But they that will be rich fall into temptation and a snare, and into many foolish and hurtful lusts, which drown men in destruction and perdition.10 For the love of money is the root of all evil: which while some coveted after, they have erred from the faith, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows.11 But thou, O man of God, flee these things; and follow after righteousness, godliness, faith, love, patience, meekness. 12 Fight the good fight of faith, lay hold on eternal life, whereunto thou art also called, and hast professed a good profession before many witnesses.

--------------------
Yahshua HaMashiach

Posts: 17 | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement