Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Bible Topics & Study   » The Beginning

Author Topic: The Beginning
MentorsRiddle
Advanced Member
Member # 2108

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MentorsRiddle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The reason I am asking all of these questions, is because I have made recent discoveries about humanity’s past. I am not a man to believe in things on a pure whim, nor am I a man who will take everything at face value. But the simple facts and scientific archeological discoveries that have been made is enough to make me question our, humanity’s, past.

http://www.sitchin.com/  This link is to a web page that has most of the information on it that I have been reading. Please take time to read the web site… all content if you can, and let me know what you think.

I am not trying to be a stick in the mud, nor attack anyone’s opinions, or religion. But I need help to either accept this information as potential fact, or find an answer that can explain it all away.

I just need help

--------------------
With you I rise,
In you I sleep,
kneeling down I kiss your feet,
Grace abounds upon me now,
I once was lost
but now I'm found.
The gift of God dwells within,
To this love I now give in.

Posts: 1337 | From: Arkansas | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
yahsway
Advanced Member
Member # 3738

Icon 1 posted      Profile for yahsway     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
actually the hebrew for virgin is "almah" meaning lass, young woman (veiled or private)damsel, maiden, virgin. No fudging with the hebrew.

We must remember we get our OT straight from the Hebrew. It was written by hebrew men. The septuigent was written by 70 hebrew men. This was the translation of the hebrew scripts written for our understanding.

A "maiden" is considered a virgin, one not married. In our wedding ceremonies today you have either a "maid of honor" (one not yet married) or a "matron of honor" (one who is married).

The word damsal in the hebrew is meaning a very young girl (or boy), a child, a servent.

Also for mentorsRiddle, there is much more to be learned from the origonal Hebrew scriptures of Genesis. For example, Scripture opens up with "In the beginning God created Alev Tov (in the greek this means Alpha and Omega)The spoken word as John puts it. Yeshua (Jesus is there from the very brginning. Most hebrew scholars have a hard time with this Alev-Tov, because its put in thruout most of the hebrew OT.

There He is, Yeshua before their very eyes, from the beginning and they do not see it. Why? because they have been blinded by God Himself so that the Nations(Gentiles) would come into the Covenant. Praise and Bless His name forever.

I doubt you will find anything different about the Adam and Eve story but there maybe a "sod" or deeper meaning after studying the Hebrew script.

Be blessed in your journey and studying His word.

Posts: 1238 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eden
unregistered

Icon 5 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
MentorsRiddle, your 2 new questions are Topics in themselves, unrelated to whether The Beginning is told differently in the Jewish Bible or the Christian Bible.

If I'm not mistaken, I do think the Jewish Bible FUDGES on the Isaiah verse, "behold, a virgin shall conceive" and says something like (I'm only guessing), "behold, a maiden shall conceive".

To say "a maiden" shall conceive is much different from saying that a virgin will conceive, as the angel Gabriel came to Mary of Nazareth and said, "behold, the Holy Spirit will overshadow you and the thing that you shall conceive shall be called Holy" (or something like that).

But other than that attempt to dumb-down Isaiah from virgin to maiden, I don't know off hand any other differences.

As for where did Cain get his wife? The Bible did not name the daughters of Adam and Eve. If Adam and Eve had several daughters also besides Cain and Abel, then Cain can have married one of his own sisters.

Genesis 5:4
And the days of Adam after he had begotten Seth were eight hundred years: and he begat sons and daughters.

As for whether all the earth's pairs of animals went into the ark of Noah, I personally believe that only local animals went into the ark in pairs and by sevens, and possibly only domesticated animals. But that is a whole other Topic which however did happen in The Beginning.

Be blessed.

Eden

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MentorsRiddle
Advanced Member
Member # 2108

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MentorsRiddle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What I am referencing to be different is certain words and phrases.

I am also looking for the story of Adam and Eve.

OK I will lay it out like this and see what kind of answers that I get.

Questions:

1. When Cain left where did he find his wife?

2. During the Great Flood Can we possibly conceive the notion that Noah placed every single animal in the world onto that ship? I know it was large, but the size given is not large enough to fit all of the animals into.

Even now if we wanted to build a “Ark” that big we would not be able to put every single animal into it. Let alone in pairs.

--------------------
With you I rise,
In you I sleep,
I once was lost
but now I'm found.

Posts: 1337 | From: Arkansas | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wparr
Advanced Member
Member # 891

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wparr     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well MentorsRiddle;

You may have a theory that they (the "Christian" and "Jewish" Scriptures) are different..

But that theory is NOT based in truth and reality.

They are BOTH using the same Hebrew manusrcipts for Genesis.

Posts: 1203 | From: Eagle Nest, NM | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MentorsRiddle
Advanced Member
Member # 2108

well I have a theory that the Genesis of our Holy Bible and the "Genesis" of the Jewish Bible are slightly different.

I am wanting to research this to help bring stability to my life.

--------------------
With you I rise,
In you I sleep,
I once was lost
but now I'm found.

Eden
unregistered

Icon 5 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi, MentorsRiddle. I would be very surprised if there is a difference between the story of Adam and Eve in the CHRISTIAN Bible and in the Jewish Bible.

The only thing I have heard in the Christian Bible (the only think I have heard in the Jewish Bible) is that the page locations are a little different.

But I don't think that the Jewish Bible differs materially from the Protestant Christian one like the King James Version (KJV), because the KJV and other Christian versions have been "diligently translated FROM the Hebrew, Greek, and Aramaic", so the stories should be practical identical.

I think there are only page location differences, like what is on Christian English Bible page 34 might be on Jewish English bible page 35. I don't know WHY there is a page diff., tho.

Be blessed, MentorsRiddle and everyone.

Eden

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MentorsRiddle
Advanced Member
Member # 2108

Good Day,

Can anyone give me a good web page, or post on the difference between the story of Adam and Eve within the Christian Bible, and the Jewish Bible?

I am researching our beginnings, and can't seem to find a good link, nor information.

Any help would be appriciated.

--------------------
With you I rise,
In you I sleep,
I once was lost
but now I'm found.

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement