Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Bible Topics & Study   » How do we hear Jesus?

Author Topic: How do we hear Jesus?
Adv.Christian
Advanced Member
Member # 3453

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Adv.Christian     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hearing God is through the Spirit. Jesus tells us in John 4 that God wants people who worship in the Spirit. The worship in this manner sets up a line of open communication between us and God via The Holy Spirit. It is like trying to talk with someone far away in an extremely noisy room, to say the least it is difficult to hear them. As the person gets closer to you however it becomes easier and easier to hear what they are saying even though the noise remains the same.
The same is true with talking and hearing God. As we grow daily closer and closer in our relationship with God we find it easier and easier to hear God’s Spirit talking to us ever guiding us in our choices and directions. As I have said in the past, a person who listens to their own intelligence only; can not hear the wisdom of God. I pray I do not let my own thoughts become so loud I can not hear God’s Words.
As always my love to all and May God Bless.

--------------------
A person talking can not be listening; A person not listening can not be learning.

Posts: 299 | From: Raleigh/North Carolina | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
becauseHElives
Advanced Member
Member # 87

Icon 1 posted      Profile for becauseHElives   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If a person is living in known sin, un-confessed and un-repented of, you will never hear from heaven any message except repent.

If you hear anything living in sin, know this, it is Satan that is speaking.

Not Yahweh

We hear by doing the will of the Father...

We hear by keeping His commandments....

--------------------
Strive to enter in at the strait gate:for many, I say unto you will seek to enter in, and shall not be able. ( Luke 13:24 )

Posts: 4578 | From: Southeast Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eden
unregistered

Icon 5 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi, Carmela. I thought of some other ways that I hear from the Lord besides through the Holy Spirit channel which, I said above, was like Jesus talking wireless thru the Holy Spirit to my spirit, as Counselor and more.

But another way that I hear from Jesus is by circumstances that the Lord has created on my behalf simply because I am one of His adopted children.

There are times now when I can see and say about something that happened in daily life, "that was God; that was a miracle."

Hey, we are the Lord's adopted children, we don't deserve as humans to be prospered, but hey, now we are the Lord's Children and how can He help Himself?

And thirdly I hear from Jesus as a result of my own prayer to Him, as He said: "you have not because you ask not".

Those these two extra ways I would add that I hear from God:

1. Circumstances happen outside of me, and I can see God's hand in what just happened. And,

2. I pray for things and I have because I asked, and then I see God's answer, not to circumstances, but to my prayer.

Be blessed.

Eden

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carmela
Advanced Member
Member # 4817

Icon 16 posted      Profile for Carmela     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Praise God Eden. That is wonderful news.

--------------------
www.pinecrest.org

Posts: 646 | From: Central New York | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eden
unregistered

Icon 5 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Now that I have been Redeemed by Jesus's work on the cross, I am allowed to hear again from the wireless channel of the Holy Spirit, who relays the messages from Jesus to me by the Holy Spirit.

That's how I hear from Jesus after having been reconciled to God that way.

Be blessed.

Eden

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carmela
Advanced Member
Member # 4817

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Carmela     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just replied to a topic on another forum and wanted to add it here.

You know what amazed me most by this topic? The difference between me when I am seeking God daily and the me that is caught up in the business of life.

When I left Pinecrest after I graduated in May, I felt like I was on top of the world. I had so much joy and excitement at what God had done, was doing and was going to do in me daily. During the last few weeks before classes ended, or many the last month or two, God was changing me, maturing me and releasing me into the ministry that He has for me.

Then, summer came, my daughter got out of school, the housework that I didn't get to do as thoroughly when I was in classes needed to be done and so on. I had spend so much time studying the bible and reading and doing homework that I embraced that prospect of actually having a break. So, I set aside the bible and got busy. The more I did, the more I had to do. Then, Cheyenne gave me her news of what was happening to her and that meant lots of appointments also. Busy, busy, busy......

I started to see myself become tired, stressed, crankier at times and my spirit just wasn't the same. I lost sight of the excitement I had just been feeling.

As I picked up the book "Created To Be His Help Meet" I wasn't only reading a book. This book is so full of God's word that it was almost like doing a bible study. Then, Debi gives some short thought provoking assignments at the end. It causes you to get into the WORD a bit and to reflect on my marriage and what I had just read. The more I read, the more excitement I started getting back. The more I longed to pray and spend time with my SAVIOR, my KING, my GROOM! The joy which was now being over powered by business started to return. That is when I realized that I need to read God's word daily and pray more. I had to stop just quick 3-4 min. prayers and get back into really seeking God. Listening to God and longing for Him.

When we put other things before God, our lives start to reflect that. Our ears can't hear Him as well and our vision becomes clouded over a bit. I NEED JESUS! WE NEED JESUS! NOt just sometimes or when we can find the time, but always.

Sometimes, there is more to it then just learning to listen to His still small voice. Sometimes, we have to CHOOSE to stop everything and just LISTEN.

--------------------
www.pinecrest.org

Posts: 646 | From: Central New York | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement