Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Bible Topics & Study   » blind see and ...

Author Topic: blind see and ...
epouraniois
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wanted to look at John's Gospel, as it is a message for gentiles, as apposed to being a message for the Hebrew nation, ch9 v. 22, a man born blind is given sight by the Lord Christ Jesus, but the rulers have made up their mind that anyone professing Christ is their Messiah should be excommunicated.

Joh 9:21 But by what means he now seeth, we know not; or who hath opened his eyes, we know not: he is of age; ask him: he shall speak for himself.
Joh 9:22 These words spake his parents, because they feared the Jews: for the Jews had agreed already, that if any man did confess that he was Christ, he should be put out of the synagogue.
Joh 9:23 Therefore said his parents, He is of age; ask him.
Joh 9:24 Then again called they the man that was blind, and said unto him, Give God the praise: we know that this man is a sinner.
Joh 9:25 He answered and said, Whether he be a sinner or no, I know not: one thing I know, that, whereas I was blind, now I see.
Joh 9:26 Then said they to him again, What did he to thee? how opened he thine eyes?
Joh 9:27 He answered them, I have told you already, and ye did not hear: wherefore would ye hear it again? will ye also be his disciples?
Joh 9:28 Then they reviled him, and said, Thou art his disciple; but we are Moses' disciples.
Joh 9:29 We know that God spake unto Moses: as for this fellow, we know not from whence he is.
Joh 9:30 The man answered and said unto them, Why herein is a marvelous thing, that ye know not from whence he is, and yet he hath opened mine eyes.
Joh 9:31 Now we know that God heareth not sinners: but if any man be a worshiper of God, and doeth his will, him he heareth.
Joh 9:32 Since the world began was it not heard that any man opened the eyes of one that was born blind.
Joh 9:33 If this man were not of God, he could do nothing.

At least he is trying to use reasoning with them. Of course that kind of straight thinking didnn't agree with these Jews, and you can see what the outcome is going to be.

Joh 9:34 They answered and said unto him, Thou wast altogether born in sins, and dost thou teach us? And they cast him out.

I imagine there are places today which would do the same if one were to pronounce Christ as God.

Joh 9:35 Jesus heard that they had cast him out; and when he had found him, he said unto him, Dost thou believe on the Son of God?
Joh 9:36 He answered and said, Who is he, Lord, that I might believe on him?
Joh 9:37 And Jesus said unto him, Thou hast both seen him, and it is he that talketh with thee.
Joh 9:38 And he said, Lord, I believe. And he worshiped him.

Back in v. 11 he said the Lord is 'a man', and in v. 17 he says He is 'a prophet', and now here in v.38 he address' Him as 'Lord'. Therein is his growth in the knowledge, the acknowledgment, of Christ. And I wonder how much we have grown in the knowledge of Christ, if we have followed some of this same path? Here is a man who had been born blind, an outcast of society in those days, standing with, and talking to the Lord of Glory; what a wonderful experience he had.

Joh 9:39 And Jesus said, For judgment I am come into this world, that they which see not might see; and that they which see might be made blind.

Now in other places we have the words of the Lord where He said he had not come into this world for judgment, here He says He is come for judgment, however, here He is making clear what that judgment is to be. And that judgment is that those who see not might be made blind (Is6.9)and those who see not might see (Rom 11:11,14 &c.)

In other words, He is not sitting on a throne and judging people, but His very presence here judges people, they will either come to the light or they won't. In other words, when the Lord is present with them they are having to make a choice, they can't speculate about prophecy or anything because He is in their midst and they can't sit on the fence and do nothing any longer.

Joh 9:40 And some of the Pharisees which were with him heard these words and said unto him, Are we blind also?
Joh 9:41 Jesus said unto them, If ye were blind, ye should have no sin: but now ye say, We see; therefore your sin remaineth.

And how many today say they see but do not?

It is noteworthy that Paul blinded a Jew as his first miracle. Just the opposite of Peter's first miracle. Kind of telling which way their history would unfold. And there we have it, Is.6.9 quuotes 3 times before the salvation of God is sent to the nations. Also noteworthy is that Paul never spoke of hell, and neither did John (till revelation where the Jew is again being addressed), and too, John does not mention repentance even once in his Gospel message, for it is written for the nations. Paul said he withheld nothing, but preached the full gospel message, but there is not a mention of hell in them. When the Hebrew nations are not the focus of Scripture, hell is not mentioned, and even repentance is given by Paul only in the most general sense once, maybe twice that I am aware of.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement