Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Bible Topics & Study   » are we better than the royal household of the first David?

Author Topic: are we better than the royal household of the first David?
BORN AGAIN
unregistered

Icon 16 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Has the LORD God of Israel, who Alone is Creator of heaven and earth, made us into more loving persons?

When I think about the church of the LORD God of Israel, I am often reminded of the royal household of Jesse's son David who later became King of Israel for 40 years.

What a royal household that must have been. There was Absalom and his sister, what was her name? I can't remember it tonight...

And another royal son of David, was it Adonijah, also fathered by David but from a different mother? Adoniah raped the sister of Absalom. Absalom retaliated by killing Adonijah by inviting all his Davidic brothers to a feast.

"Fare ye well, fare ye well?"

2 Samuel 3:3
And his {David's} second {son} Chileab, of Abigail the wife of Nabal the Carmelite; and the third {son of David}, Absalom the son of Maacah the daughter of Talmai king of Geshur;

2 Samuel 13:1
And it came to pass after this, that Absalom the son of David had a fair sister, whose name was Tamar; and Amnon the son of David loved her.

2 Samuel 13:20
And Absalom her brother said to her, Has Amnon your brother been with you {against your will}? But hold now your peace, my sister: he is your brother; do not regard this thing {for now}. So Tamar remained desolate in her brother Absalom's house.

But David loved all of his sons. He wept bigtime when Absalom died.

We are the sons of a Greater Son of David. Are we still like those royal sons of David, or are we doing a little better than the royal sons of David, or are we, as the optometrist likes to say, "about the same?"

I am often reminded of the royal family of the lesser David to see what we are like in the church.

But, there IS a difference in that we have access to the wise counsel of the Holy Spirit through the death of Jesus on the cross.

And the first royal family of David did not have access to the Holy Spirit on a daily basis like we do in Jesus.

But we are the royal family of the Greater Son of David, Lord God Yeshua-Jesus of Bethlehem-Judah is our oldest brother now, and if we want to we now have access to the Holy Spirit's counsel" which access Lord God Yeshua-Jesus secured for us on the cross outside Jerusalem.

Free access to the Holy Spirit. You like cellphones? Hey, this Guy has a Free Plan at broadband speed for any Christian who wants to listen, because Jesus died already, only therefor are we now allowed to listen in again, Amen?

I am BORN AGAIN

But now we have a better thing. Through the sacrifice of Jesus, we have access to the brilliant counsel of the Holy Spirit, so we should be better children of the Greater David, or "about the same"? How are you doing?

Zechariah 12:7
The LORD also shall save the tents of Judah first, that the glory of the house of David and the glory of the inhabitants of Jerusalem do not magnify themselves against Judah.

Zechariah 12:8
In that day shall the LORD defend the inhabitants of Jerusalem; and he that is feeble among them at that day shall be as David; and the house of David shall be as God, as the angel of the LORD before them.

Zechariah 12:10
And I will pour upon the house of David, and upon the inhabitants of Jerusalem, the spirit of grace and of supplications: and they shall look upon me whom they have pierced, and they shall mourn for him, as one mourns for his only son, and shall be in bitterness for him, as one that is in bitterness for his firstborn.

Zechariah 12:12
And the land shall mourn, every family apart; the family of the house of David apart, and their wives apart; the family of the house of Nathan apart, and their wives apart;

Zechariah 13:1
In that day there shall be a fountain opened to the house of David and to the inhabitants of Jerusalem for sin and for uncleanness.

Matthew 1:1
The book of the generation of Jesus Christ, the son of David, the son of Abraham.

if the church will listen to its access to the Holy Spirit, the church will do great exploits. But there are many Christians who are only still listening to themselves only? Therefore the church is still feeble.

When I think about the church of the LORD God of Israel, I am often reminded of the royal household of Jesse's son David who became King of Israel for 40 years, by the grace of God.

May the LORD God of Israel bless all who participate on this board. I am BORN AGAIN in the USA by the [Cross] of Lord God Yeshua-Jesus, raised in Nazareth, but born in Bethlehem of Judah, a Son of David, from the tribe of Judah, like the scripture said.

"O LORD God of Israel, send Israel-Ephraim and Israel-Judah to read this among the Gentiles!"

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement