Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Bible Topics & Study   » Looking for NIV in electronic format

Author Topic: Looking for NIV in electronic format
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tim: This is a link to a free Bible software program that you can download to your computer and use while not online.

Even here in the US where being on line is not expensive, it is nice to have something that does not require you to be online.

Here where I am the internet goes out often when there is a storm, and this allows me to still have use of my Electronic Bible.

The problem with NIV is that it is copyrighted and so it is not free. This is why many Bible software programs dont offer it. This one does.

This program has many free versions and you can dowload several and view them all in parrallel, but if you want the NIV it will cost you 15.00 because it is copyrighted.

Here is the link:

http://www.OnlineBible.net

There are lots of other materials like lexicons, dictionaries, maps, commentaries, and more you can also get here for free to use with your Bible software, so do look around in the dowloads area.

you will find the dowloads for the NIV and other copyright versions under the dowloads section under "Locked Materials"

Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BORN AGAIN
unregistered

Icon 16 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.biblegateway.com/keyword

choose your version.

"Father, I pray for Timspong's sister Samantha; LORD YHWH of Israel, it is You who grants repentance, grant Samantha repentance unto salvation, for her bornagain brother Timsong's sake and for his household's sake.

LORD YHWH, that Samantha may be one of Your chosen ones. For all not all of us equal sinners, LORD? Why not choose then this sinner, for in that sense it does not really matter whom You choose for Your glory.

I thank You LORD YHWH of Israel, Who alone is Creator of heaven and earth, if You will choose Samantha to add to Your church, just as the Lord Yeshua-Jesus daily added to His church in those Acts days. Thank You, LORD YHWH of Israel for hearing the prayers of Your people Israel, which now also includes Gentiles. Praised be the LORD YHWH God Elohim Adonai of Israel.

with Christian love, I am BORN AGAIN in the USA

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
timspong
Advanced Member
Member # 5240

Icon 1 posted      Profile for timspong     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have an NIV version audio bible loaded on to my laptop (in MP3) and I am looking for the written text to follow along with. Here in Nigeria it is very difficult to buy software etc and web connections are very expensive and sporadic.

Does anyone know anywhere where I can download an electronic NIV bible. Even if it is only in Word format, it would be fine.

I have several bible software programs with hundreds of different bibles, however, none of them are NIV.

Thanks

PS Please pray for my sister, Samantha Spong, She has a very rare and very aggressive cancer. I am in the process of bringing her to Jesus, so I need lots of prayers for both a cure and for her to be saved.

Thanks again

--------------------
Yours in Christ
Timothy Michael Spong

Posts: 146 | From: Lagos, Nigeria | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement