Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Bible Topics & Study   » Gifts Of The Spirit & Ministry

Author Topic: Gifts Of The Spirit & Ministry
wparr
Advanced Member
Member # 891

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wparr     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey T7

The chapel where I volunter is in Denver CO.

It is now open 7 days a week.

The organization is Transport for Christ

Posts: 1203 | From: Eagle Nest, NM | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Thunderz7
Advanced Member
Member # 31

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Thunderz7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
wparr,
in your ministry, do you have a central location, or do you work different areas?

Do you have a chapel, or is it where two or three are gathered?

T7

Posts: 1113 | From: Northeast Alabama | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey T7: Good to see you.

That was a great testimony. I particularly appreciated the illustration of the church sending out. I feel that this apostolic covering is so important and sorely missing in so many ministries that start up today. Without it I fear that we become great big flashing red signs to the devil that say come get me! We need to know that we have gone because we were sent, and we need that covering in times of spirtual warfare. God did not intend us to be lone rangers out there doing what is right in our own eyes, without authority, blessing or a source of accountibility.

I also appreciate that your testimony here demonstrates that we are given to the body for what ministry we can give to the body. Too many seek their place in a church for what the church can give to them, and it never occurs to them that God would be of the mind to place them where HE wants them to supply some need in the body. God will take care of us and our needs, as we think not on what we need, but on what He needs us to be in the form of HIs eyes, ears, hands, what ever joint that we are that he has made us to be as his supply to the body.

A good word indeed! I love ya Bro, your always a blessing to me.

Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BORN AGAIN
unregistered

Icon 16 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, I can totally understand that EHC one playing by a tune from the Spirit followed by a song from the Spirit.

I cannot read music so I must have chords. I come from a Catholic family who never played Christian music, so I don't know any Christian songs.

So I have about 150 sheet music collected of Christian songs, only some of which I know how they were originally supposed to be sung.

brother thunderz7, when I don't know the song, I make up a melody that fits the chords and a song that fits the sound of the chords, according to the words on the sheet music.

Some of my favorites:

Praise awaits You in Zion
The LORD God is Terrible
Search me, Oh God
Our God Reigns--You Watchmen lift your voices
As the deer pants
They rush on the city
Clap your hands all you people
Surely the presence of the LORD is in this place
America the Beautful
Sweet Adoration
Set my spirit free
How lovely is Your dwelling place
We have come into this house
Not by might, nor by power
My eyes have seen the glory of the LORD
Am I boring you?

I'll stop here. God bless, BORN AGAIN in the USA. I have two oldfashioned tube amplifiers and mikes and two guitars and I sing, boy.

And the Catholic church also did not play any songs (that should have been a warning sign). (and if not that, the waving of the incenser filled with frankincense and myrrh, should have been a warning sign).

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Thunderz7
Advanced Member
Member # 31

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Thunderz7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
waprr,
when I pray less of me and more of Jesus, i will include you.

BA,
what kind of music do you like at what times?

Example - when I'm alone with GOD and a song comes forth it is usually one of the old hymns, or a medley of several old hymns.
In group meetings I like praise and worship music much better, especially if the "leader' is being led by "THE LEADER".
At EHC we had/have some awsome times when the Spirit is truly moving and a musician will start to play a tune given by the Spirit, then a singer will bring forth pslams from the Spirit.

T7

Posts: 1113 | From: Northeast Alabama | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BORN AGAIN
unregistered

Icon 16 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hey, brother T7, that was very nice. thanks again for the times that you helped me.

singing to and about the LORD and the Lord is such a blessing. I'm praying that the LORD will one day bless me financially so that I can buy a house with a soundproof room, into which I can walk at any time of the 24-hour and turn it on and sing for and to my Jesus and His Father YHWY.
I love to sing and play the guitar. I don't get to do it often enough.

God bless, BORN AGAIN

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wparr
Advanced Member
Member # 891

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wparr     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Thunderz7:

wparr,
I hope I haven't missed the point of the original post.

NO NOT AT ALL

This is what I was trying to get going on.

AWESOME testimony.

AWESOME Church(s)

quote:

I personaly belileve there are apostles, prophets, evangelist pastors and teachers among us and will be until Yeshua/Jesus returns in the flesh.

I am in COMPLETE agreement with you

quote:

Keep me in prayer that I will walk in the truth of the WORD,
always following the guidance of the Holy Spirit, knowing that Yeshua must increase an "i" must decrease,
Walking the walk and talking the talk,
less of me and more of Jesus.

Be GLAD to brother, pray the same for me.

A prayer well within God's will

Posts: 1203 | From: Eagle Nest, NM | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Thunderz7
Advanced Member
Member # 31

All the groups, and most of the people in the groups, I worship with believe that Eph.4:11-13 is speaking of leadership that is still with us up until the return of Yeshua/Jesus.
Terminology used by some is Five Fold Ministry, but it seems the meaning and use of that term is varied throughout the Church.

I personaly belileve there are apostles, prophets, evangelist pastors and teachers among us and will be until Yeshua/Jesus returns in the flesh.

When I redecated my life in December 1989, I was blessed to be led to a group (Extended Hand Church - EHC)that is pastored by man many consider an apostle to this area.
This pastor is dedicated to GOD's Word and to raising up ministers and sending them out, not before they are ready to minister, but when they are ready, he does not hold them back but sends them with his blessing.

Several pastors of other groups/churches in Alabama consider him their pastor/apostle.
Pastors in five other states, and ministries in India, Mexico, Nicaragua and Australia call him pastor and consider themselves under the "apostolic covering" of EHC.
He is in Australia as I type.
Ministers have been raised up and are in place to serve when he is gone to other groups, churches and countries.

I doubt his yearly personal income is 30 thousand, his home and van indicate it's not about money with him. They are clean and servicable but not expensive and new.

On very few services will you find near 100 in service at EHC, because ministers are raised up to sent out to minister, not to make a large congrigation at EHC.

From the early 70's to 89 I sang in several rock bands, even some country, on the bar circuit, not properly using the talent GOD had blessed me with.

I joined the praise and worship team at EHC in 1990, soon after I started attending.
I sang and drummed with the praise and worship team as long as I was at EHC and still do when I visit.

After several years at EHC, sitting under teaching of the WORD, and study of the WORD, a pastor and friend of mine, who was also an associate of the EHC pastor, started a church (Daystar Ministries) between our town and the next city down the road.
He had a group of about 50 at the very start, no musicians, no teachers of Bible Study, no "Sunday School" teachers, only himself to do it all.

The three of us got together and the pastor at EHC gave me his blessing to go as a teacher to Daystar.

I was there doing Bible Study, "Sunday School", singing and playing drums for some time.
The group/church grew, more ministers came in, an elder board was formed, musicians came in.

The founding pastor stepped down, and I was asked to be on the elder board, until a new pastor was appointed.

When the new pastor was in place I felt GOD leading me back to EHC.
I was again welcomed with open arms.
Was soon back with the praise and worship team and saw GOD move in awsome ways in praise and worship.

About 16 months ago another pastor associated with the pastor of EHC, a man I had worked with on many construction jobs when I did that work,
and had known in the "rock and roll days" came to the EHC pastor needing the same kind of help as the Daystar pastor had needed.

The three of us got together, this time I was sent with the blessing of EHC to the Tabernacle of Hope, where I have taught a Bible Study class and sang with the praise and worship team since.

Our praise and worship group travels quite a bit, the New Wine Praise Band, we minister to several groups associate with drug and alcohol rehab and other addictions.
Any church who calls, or services that want a praise and worship group, with GOD's guidance we try to answer the call.

I am the oldest, doing lead vocals and precussion,
next is the pastor (49) who plays guitar and sings backup,
the drummer is in his 30's, also sings backup.
But a hidden blessing for me has been the rest of the group,
keyboard (20),
lead guitar (18),
bass (16)
This is the first time I have worked with youth, having not the calling or patience to do it before.
It has been good to see these "kids" using their GOD given talent properly and not going down the paths myself and ToH pastor went down to get where we are.

I attend some weeknight services at EHC, do weekend services and wed. practice for the band at ToH.
Whether I stay with ToH, return fulltime to EHC, or am sent somewhere else, GOD is in control.

During all this time-
In 93 I started singing with a Male Chorus, which was very different from praise and worship, and different from anything I had done.
The group had existed almost 20 years before I joined and had always been all black. I was the first white member. Two other whites sang with us at different times.

I sang with the Male Chorus during my time at EHC and Daystar, until I became part of the New Wine Praise Band, and still have close contact with some of the group.

wparr,
I hope I haven't missed the point of the original post.

I feel GOD has blessed me to sing His praises and to worship Him with my voice and my all.

I have been sent by my pastor to teach, and asked by pastors to teach, and do so only with the help and guidance of the Holy Spirit.

I have seen people blessed, and heard testamony of relief and healing, by laying on of hands,
and had reports of blessings and healing (confirmed by X-ray) from "prayer cloths" being sent.

I am thankful for the men of GOD who have given me the opportunity to serve YHWH in any way I have grace to serve.

I am blessed by many who have taught the truth of the WORD of YHWH.

I have been blessed to do a variety of praise and worship to GOD singing traditional hymns, praise and worship and traditional black gospel.

Keep me in prayer that I will walk in the truth of the WORD,
always following the guidance of the Holy Spirit, knowing that Yeshua must increase an "i" must decrease,
Walking the walk and talking the talk,
less of me and more of Jesus.

be blessed in Jesus
T7

wparr
Advanced Member
Member # 891

1 Corinthians 12:4-7
(4) Now there are varieties of gifts, but the same Spirit.
(5) And there are varieties of ministries, and the same Lord.
(6) There are varieties of effects, but the same God who works all things in all persons.
(7) But to each one is given the manifestation of the Spirit for the common good.

God is telling us (thru Paul) that there are a varity of gifts, ministries and effects.

That EACH born-again believer is given a manifestation of The Spirit (pertaining to gifts and ministries).

That this is done for the COMMON good.

Romans 12:6-8
(6) Since we have gifts that differ according to the grace given to us, each of us is to exercise them accordingly: if prophecy, according to the proportion of his faith;
(7) if service, in his serving; or he who teaches, in his teaching;
(8) or he who exhorts, in his exhortation; he who gives, with liberality; he who leads, with diligence; he who shows mercy, with cheerfulness.

God makes it CLEAR that we all have gifts that He has given us, and tells us we are to USE the (again remember FOR THE COMMON GOOD)

2 Corinthians 5:18-19
(18) Now all these things are from God, who reconciled us to Himself through Christ and gave us the ministry of reconciliation,
(19) namely, that God was in Christ reconciling the world to Himself, not counting their trespasses against them, and He has committed to us the word of reconciliation.

God also says that all believers have a ministry of reconciliation.

That we should ALL be helping reconciling people {both lost and saved} back to God, that is helping in developing or building up others relationship to God thru Christ.

Ephesians 4:11-13
(11) And He gave some as apostles, and some as prophets, and some as evangelists, and some as pastors and teachers,
(12) for the equipping of the saints for the work of service, to the building up of the body of Christ;
(13) until we all attain to the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, to a mature man, to the measure of the stature which belongs to the fullness of Christ.

God GIFTED us with leaders, for the purpose of EQUIPPING US (in the areas of our giftings) so that WE ALL could succeed in our areas of ministry.

So the discussion I'm trying to start here is:

What are your Spiritual Gifts?

What is your area of Ministry for the common good, and of reconciliation?

How is this coming about / functioning?

How is your Church leadership equiping and supporting you in your giftings and ministry?

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement