Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Bible Topics & Study   » Is worrying a sin?

Author Topic: Is worrying a sin?
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Boy is that true Hisgrace, and that means that we trust something or someone (us) more. Does that ever show the foolishness of the carnal mind and the ability of our flesh to deceive itself!

I mean when you put it in a sentence and say I trust me more than I trust the Almighty God... How rediculous is that!!!!! It is absolutely absurd, and yet most of us have done or continue to do just that with so many areas of our lives.

For most of my Christian life I trusted God with eternal life only and trusted me for everything else. How absolutely insane it is now to think of that minset, but it is true. Our society certainly promotes this insanity as well. Self reliance, self assurance, self motivation, self self self.. that is the worlds way and the things the world values... and God says just the opposite.

Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HisGrace
unregistered

Icon 16 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If we don't turn our cares and worries totally over to God and leave them with Him, [Bible] it shows we don't trust Him.
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BORN AGAIN
unregistered

Is worrying a sin? Probably everything that is "not of faith" is sin?

Romans 14:23
And he that doubts is damned if he eat, because he eats not of faith: for whatsoever is not of faith is sin.

Now I have worried before and will no doubt worry again in the future; but with the Lord by my side through the Counsel of the Holy Spirit, my worries are "mitigated by faith":

Mattthew 7
25 And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house;

And this is My Rock:

Deuteronomy 32:4
He is the Rock, his work is perfect: for all his ways are judgment: a God of truth and without iniquity, just and right is He.

but it fell not because it was founded upon a rock.

And that Rock is Jesus:

1 Corinthians 10:4
And they did all drink the same spiritual drink: for they drank of that spiritual Rock that followed them: and that Rock was Christ.

Is worrying sin? Yes, but it is mitigated by the Rock who supplies faith.

God bless, BORN AGAIN [Cross]

helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Philippians 4:6 Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.
Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HisGrace
unregistered

These are the words of Jesus -

Matthew 6:25-34"Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more important than food, and the body more important than clothes?

Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life]?

"And why do you worry about clothes? See how the lilies of the field grow. They do not labor or spin. Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these.

If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, will he not much more clothe you, O you of little faith? So do not worry, saying, 'What shall we eat?' or 'What shall we drink?' or 'What shall we wear?'

For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them.
But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.

shadowmaker
Advanced Member
Member # 3696

Icon 1 posted      Profile for shadowmaker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I m almost 99% sure there are veruses that talk about worrrying being a sin. That we should turn all our problems over to Jesus. But I cant remember where I read it. Can anyone help?
Posts: 272 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement