Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Bible Topics & Study   » What Is Salvation? How Do I Get It?

Author Topic: What Is Salvation? How Do I Get It?
SoftTouch
Advanced Member
Member # 2316

Icon 16 posted      Profile for SoftTouch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"What must I do to accept Jesus Christ?

An important factor in reaching a decision to accept Jesus Christ and ask Him to forgive you of your sins is reaching a point in your life when you come to understand you are completely incapable of standing in judgment before a perfect, holy, sinless God - something we're told in the Bible each and every one of us will someday have to do.

Because none of us can meet the standards of conduct acceptable to a holy God, the importance of having a relationship with Jesus Christ can not be understated. Why? Because all who die without receiving Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior will someday be sentenced to an eternal hell from which there will be no hope of escape or rescue.

Fortunately for all of us, the penalty God required all mankind to pay for living sinful lives in disobedience to His will has already been paid on our behalf, if we will accept it! Jesus Christ came into the world to make atonement for all our sins through His sacrificial death on the cross.

In return for Christ providing us all a way to avoid the judgment all of us are worthy of when our character is compared to that of a holy, sinless God, it is required of us to accept Jesus Christ by faith, believing in His sinless life, His death on the cross on our behalf, and His resurrection from the dead to avoid being sentenced to an eternal hell - a lake of fire prepared for all those who live in rebellion against God.

As Jesus loved us enough to leave the Majesty of Heaven and die a cruel death on the cross on our behalf, none of us should have a problem with any of these issues. If we do, we are not ready to accept Christ as our Savior.

Are you ready to accept Jesus Christ as your Savior?

To receive the gift of salvation, you must accept Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior by asking Him to forgive you of your sins. When you make this request of Him, it has to be done with a sincerely remorseful heart. It is of no benefit to you to ask Jesus Christ to forgive you of your sins unless you're sincerely sorry you are sinning against God's will.

All you have to do, upon reaching this moment of decision, is bow your head in prayer, sincerely ask Jesus Christ to forgive you of all your sins, and ask Him to be your Savior having paid the price for your sins through His death on the cross! It's that simple.

There is no specific way to do it. There is no special prayer you have to say word for word. All it takes is a sincere desire to follow Christ and a request for forgiveness of all your sins.

If you have prayed a prayer of forgiveness and accepted Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior, you are now saved and no one can pluck you from His hand. You are a Christian and will inherit eternal life with Christ in Heaven when you die or He returns to this earth to gather His children home.

quote:
1st John 1:9: If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness

quote:
1st John 4:15: Whosoever shall confess that Jesus is the Son of God, God dwelleth in him, and he in God.
What do I do now that I've accepted Christ?

Seek other Christians to fellowship with in a church of your choice that uses the Bible alone for instruction in holy living. The Bible is the Word of God and needs to be adhered to as much as humanly possible.

Start reading the Bible regularly to get to know God better and understand His will for your life. All new believers need to read the Word of God often to become mature and confident in their Christian faith.

Be baptized by immersion. If you were baptized as an infant, you need to be baptized again. Baptism is your public acknowledgement of your acceptance of Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior. Although you can get to Heaven without being baptized, Jesus told us we should be baptized, just as He was! Follow the Lord's example and do this as soon as possible.

Tell others about your decision to follow Christ that they may be led to follow in your footsteps. There is no greater accomplishment than to lead another person to Christ!

http://www.rapturealert.com/howtoacceptjesus.html

--------------------
Psalm 119:104Through thy precepts I get understanding: therefore I hate every false way. 105Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.

Posts: 3465 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SoftTouch
Advanced Member
Member # 2316

Icon 3 posted      Profile for SoftTouch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Question: What Is Salvation?

A quick lesson on sin

Before we can understand salvation, we first have to understand sin itself. Sin was born when Satan rebelled against God.

quote:
Isaiah 14:12-17 : How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations! For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north: I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the most High. Yet thou shalt be brought down to hell, to the sides of the pit. They that see thee shall narrowly look upon thee, and consider thee, saying, Is this the man that made the earth to tremble, that did shake kingdoms; That made the world as a wilderness, and destroyed the cities thereof; that opened not the house of his prisoners?
After Satan's fall, he set out to destroy mankind when he brought sin to the Garden of Eden.

In Genesis 2: 16-17, God told Adam and Eve they could eat of any tree in the Garden other than the tree of the knowledge of good and evil. Warning them not to eat of the tree, He told them they would surely die if they disobeyed Him.

Satan, knowing this, came before Eve in the form of a serpent (Genesis 3:1-6) and tricked her into eating the fruit. She gave the fruit to Adam and he ate as well.

The result of this rebellion on the part of Adam and Eve brought sin and death into a world that had never known it, creating a divide between God and man.

The Father in Heaven, having established death as the punishment mankind would have to pay for rebelling against Him, imposed death on the world.

As death became the punishment mankind would have to face as a result of his sinful nature, God, fully understanding man is sinful by nature, began allowing animals to be slain in place of men to make atonement for man's sins. This is why we see the sacrificial death of animals used as an atonement for sin in ancient Jewish religious traditions documented in the Old Testament. It is also why we see Jesus referred to in the Bible as the Lamb of God.

Jesus, the Son of God, came to surrender Himself to death on the cross to make atonement for our sins so none of us would have to experience eternal separation from God as a result of Satan's influence in our lives and our sinful nature.

-

What is salvation?

Salvation is the gift of God!

quote:
Romans 6:23: For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

John 3:16-18: For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life. For God sent not His Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through Him might be saved. He that believeth on Him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

Romans 10:9: "...if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised Him from the dead, thou shalt be saved."

Acts 4:12: Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.

Source: http://www.rapturealert.com/whatissalvation.html

~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ *

The Way to Eternal Life – This Is THE TRUTH!

Time is SHORT! If you haven’t already given your life to Jesus, then NOW is the time!

Is Anybody Good Enough On Their Own Mertis?

quote:
As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one. ~Romans 3:10~
Who Is Guilty of Sin?

quote:
For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God. ~Romans 3:23~
(Sin – in a nutshell – is rebellion against God (Disobedience). Refusing to live according to HIS Word – The Bible – trying to be the masters of our own lives.)

Where Did Sin Come From?

quote:
Wherefore, as by one man [Adam] sin entered into the world, and death by sin, and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned. ~Romans 5:12~
God's Judgement On Sin and the Price that Must be Paid

quote:
For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord. ~Romans 6:23~
Who Is The Only One Who Can Pay The Price?

quote:
But God commendeth his love toward us, in that , while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. ~Romans 5:8~
If You’ve Realized That You Are A Sinner In Need of The Only One (Jesus) Who Could Ever Pay The Price For Your Sin, Here’s What God Says You Must Do To Be Saved:

quote:
That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth, the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart God hath raised him from the dead thou shalt be saved. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. For the scripture saith, whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed. ~Romans 10:9-10~
(Believing is more then just ‘knowing’ something is true, it’s living by it as well. This also requires Repentance; a turning away from the sin in your life.)

quote:
For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved. ~Romans 10:13~
Take God at his word and claim His promise for your salvation. If you want to be free from being a non-believer or a make-believer here is an example of a prayer you can use to ask the Lord to come into your heart and change you:

Dear Heavenly Father,
I know I am a sinner. I believe Jesus died for my sins and paid for them all. Will You please forgive me of all my sins and trespasses against You and against others and make my heart new? I Repent (turn away) from my Sins and ask that you send your Holy Spirit into my heart to change me. I believe in You, Lord Jesus. I believe You died and rose again. I invite You to come into my heart right now. I accept You as my Lord and my Savior. Please help me from now on to focus on You and Your will for my life. Help me to walk in Your ways.

This I ask in Jesus’ Name, Amen.

If you have prayed this prayer (or something similar) then Welcome to the Body of Jesus Christ! What you’ll want to do now is set aside time each day for prayer (talking with God through Jesus), Bible Study (Starting with the book of John in the New Testament is a good idea… it’s the most comprehensive overview of Jesus’ life and teachings), and seeking out a Congregation (church) that sticks strickly to teaching the Bible (as that’s where God’s TRUTH is!). You may have to visit many different churches before you find one that’s true to God’s Holy Word. (Unfortunately, there are a lot of ‘churches’ that don’t hold The Bible as God’s Inspired Word to mankind… they ‘look’ and ‘seem’ ‘religious’ but stay away from these churches as they will only lead you down a false path. Christianity is not a ‘religion,’ it’s a way of life – more specifically The Way to Eternal Life with Almighty God!) Know that as soon as you prayed, confessed, and asked forgiveness through Jesus, that God sent HIS Holy Spirit to dwell inside of you. Pray for God’s guidance as you seek out a place of fellowship with other Believers and HE (God’s Holy Spirit) will guide you.

Shalom!

--------------------
Psalm 119:104Through thy precepts I get understanding: therefore I hate every false way. 105Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.

Posts: 3465 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement