Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Bible Topics & Study   » Relationship shows and reflects.

Author Topic: Relationship shows and reflects.
wparr
Advanced Member
Member # 891

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wparr     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Exodus 20:1-22
(1) Then God spoke all these words, saying,
(2) "I am the LORD your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of slavery.
(3) "You shall have no other gods before Me.
(4) "You shall not make for yourself an idol, or any likeness of what is in heaven above or on the earth beneath or in the water under the earth.
(5) "You shall not worship them or serve them; for I, the LORD your God, am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers on the children, on the third and the fourth generations of those who hate Me,
(6) but showing lovingkindness to thousands, to those who love Me and keep My commandments.
(7) "You shall not take the name of the LORD your God in vain, for the LORD will not leave him unpunished who takes His name in vain.
(8) "Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy.
(9) "Six days you shall labor and do all your work,
(10) but the seventh day is a sabbath of the LORD your God; in it you shall not do any work, you or your son or your daughter, your male or your female servant or your cattle or your sojourner who stays with you.
(11) "For in six days the LORD made the heavens and the earth, the sea and all that is in them, and rested on the seventh day; therefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day and made it holy.
(12) "Honor your father and your mother, that your days may be prolonged in the land which the LORD your God gives you.
(13) "You shall not murder.
(14) "You shall not commit adultery.
(15) "You shall not steal.
(16) "You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor.
(17) "You shall not covet your neighbor's house; you shall not covet your neighbor's wife or his male servant or his female servant or his ox or his donkey or anything that belongs to your neighbor."

(18) All the people perceived the thunder and the lightning flashes and the sound of the trumpet and the mountain smoking; and when the people saw it, they trembled and stood at a distance.

(19) Then they said to Moses, "Speak to us yourself and we will listen; but let not God speak to us, or we will die."

(20) Moses said to the people, "Do not be afraid; for God has come in order to test you, and in order that the fear of Him may remain with you, so that you may not sin."

(21) So the people stood at a distance, while Moses approached the thick cloud where God was.

(22) Then the LORD said to Moses, "Thus you shall say to the sons of Israel, 'You yourselves have seen that I have spoken to you from heaven.

Yahveh Elohim’s desire and plan never was for us to have a second hand relationship with Him, but a DIRECT – FACE TO FACE – PERSONAL Relationship with Him.

He desires to speak personally to His children rather than thru someone else.

He does not want us to “stand at a distance” from Him.

Yahshua didn’t die so that we could have a second hand relationship thru others.

1 Timothy 2:5-6
For there is one God, and one mediator also between God and men, the man Christ
Jesus, who gave Himself as a ransom for all, the testimony given at the proper time.

We aren’t to have others between us and God as a mediator.

Hebrews 4:16
Therefore let us draw near with confidence to the throne of grace, so that we may receive
mercy and find grace to help in time of need.

We have DIRECT access to Yahshua, to His throne.

John 8:31-32
So Jesus was saying to those Jews who had believed Him, "If you continue in My word,
then you are truly disciples of Mine; and you will know the truth, and the truth will make
you free."

It is KNOWING ABSOLUTELY the Truth that makes us free, NOT knowing about the
Truth, or hearing about the Truth from others or from books.

But only if we CONTINUE in HIS Word.

CONTINUE: G3306
Thayer Definition: to remain, abide, to sojourn, tarry, not to depart, to continue to be present, kept continually.

I don’t see a whole lot of people sitting in Church (or even standing in leadership) that are truly “set free”

WHY?

Not to many are ABIDING – LIVING – CONTINUING TO BE PRESENT in His Word.

Not to many KNOW ABSOLUTLY Yahshua and His truth.

He doesn’t want us to stay in bondage.

He doesn’t want us to stand at a distance.

He doesn’t want us to settle for a second hand relationship.

Isaiah 5:1-30
(1) Let me sing now for my well-beloved A song of my beloved concerning His vineyard. My well-beloved had a vineyard on a fertile hill.
(2) He dug it all around, removed its stones, And planted it with the choicest vine. And He built a tower in the middle of it And also hewed out a wine vat in it; Then He expected it to produce good grapes, But it produced only worthless ones.
(3) "And now, O inhabitants of Jerusalem and men of Judah, Judge between Me and My vineyard.
(4) "What more was there to do for My vineyard that I have not done in it? Why, when I expected it to produce good grapes did it produce worthless ones?
(5) "So now let Me tell you what I am going to do to My vineyard: I will remove its hedge and it will be consumed; I will break down its wall and it will become trampled ground.
(6) "I will lay it waste; It will not be pruned or hoed, But briars and thorns will come up. I will also charge the clouds to rain no rain on it."
(7) For the vineyard of the LORD of hosts is the house of Israel And the men of Judah His delightful plant. Thus He looked for justice, but behold, bloodshed; For righteousness, but behold, a cry of distress.
(8) Woe to those who add house to house and join field to field, Until there is no more room, So that you have to live alone in the midst of the land!
(9) In my ears the LORD of hosts has sworn, "Surely, many houses shall become desolate, Even great and fine ones, without occupants.
(10) "For ten acres of vineyard will yield only one bath of wine, And a homer of seed will yield but an ephah of grain."
(11) Woe to those who rise early in the morning that they may pursue strong drink, Who stay up late in the evening that wine may inflame them!
(12) Their banquets are accompanied by lyre and harp, by tambourine and flute, and by wine; But they do not pay attention to the deeds of the LORD, Nor do they consider the work of His hands.

(13) Therefore My people go into exile for their lack of knowledge; And their honorable men are famished, And their multitude is parched with thirst.

(14) Therefore Sheol has enlarged its throat and opened its mouth without measure; And Jerusalem's splendor, her multitude, her din of revelry and the jubilant within her, descend into it.
(15) So the common man will be humbled and the man of importance abased, The eyes of the proud also will be abased.
(16) But the LORD of hosts will be exalted in judgment, And the holy God will show Himself holy in righteousness.
(17) Then the lambs will graze as in their pasture, And strangers will eat in the waste places of the wealthy.
(18) Woe to those who drag iniquity with the cords of falsehood, And sin as if with cart ropes;
(19) Who say, "Let Him make speed, let Him hasten His work, that we may see it; And let the purpose of the Holy One of Israel draw near And come to pass, that we may know it!"
(20) Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil; Who substitute darkness for light and light for darkness; Who substitute bitter for sweet and sweet for bitter!
(21) Woe to those who are wise in their own eyes And clever in their own sight!
(22) Woe to those who are heroes in drinking wine And valiant men in mixing strong drink,
(23) Who justify the wicked for a bribe, And take away the rights of the ones who are in the right!
(24) Therefore, as a tongue of fire consumes stubble And dry grass collapses into the flame, So their root will become like rot and their blossom blow away as dust; For they have rejected the law of the LORD of hosts And despised the word of the Holy One of Israel.
(25) On this account the anger of the LORD has burned against His people, And He has stretched out His hand against them and struck them down. And the mountains quaked, and their corpses lay like refuse in the middle of the streets. For all this His anger is not spent, But His hand is still stretched out.
(26) He will also lift up a standard to the distant nation, And will whistle for it from the ends of the earth; And behold, it will come with speed swiftly.
(27) No one in it is weary or stumbles, None slumbers or sleeps; Nor is the belt at its waist undone, Nor its sandal strap broken.
(28) Its arrows are sharp and all its bows are bent; The hoofs of its horses seem like flint and its chariot wheels like a whirlwind.
(29) Its roaring is like a lioness, and it roars like young lions; It growls as it seizes the prey And carries it off with no one to deliver it.
(30) And it will growl over it in that day like the roaring of the sea. If one looks to the land, behold, there is darkness and distress; Even the light is darkened by its clouds.

Hosea 4:1-19
(1) Listen to the word of the LORD, O sons of Israel, For the LORD has a case against the inhabitants of the land, Because there is no faithfulness or kindness Or knowledge of God in the land.
(2) There is swearing, deception, murder, stealing and adultery. They employ violence, so that bloodshed follows bloodshed.
(3) Therefore the land mourns, And everyone who lives in it languishes Along with the beasts of the field and the birds of the sky, And also the fish of the sea disappear.
(4) Yet let no one find fault, and let none offer reproof; For your people are like those who contend with the priest.
(5) So you will stumble by day, And the prophet also will stumble with you by night; And I will destroy your mother.

(6) My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge. Because you have rejected knowledge, I also will reject you from being My priest. Since you have forgotten the law of your God, I also will forget your children.

(7) The more they multiplied, the more they sinned against Me; I will change their glory into shame.
(8) They feed on the sin of My people And direct their desire toward their iniquity.
(9) And it will be, like people, like priest; So I will punish them for their ways And repay them for their deeds.
(10) They will eat, but not have enough; They will play the harlot, but not increase, Because they have stopped giving heed to the LORD.
(11) Harlotry, wine and new wine take away the understanding.
(12) My people consult their wooden idol, and their diviner's wand informs them; For a spirit of harlotry has led them astray, And they have played the harlot, departing from their God.
(13) They offer sacrifices on the tops of the mountains And burn incense on the hills, Under oak, poplar and terebinth, Because their shade is pleasant. Therefore your daughters play the harlot And your brides commit adultery.
(14) I will not punish your daughters when they play the harlot Or your brides when they commit adultery, For the men themselves go apart with harlots And offer sacrifices with temple prostitutes; So the people without understanding are ruined.
(15) Though you, Israel, play the harlot, Do not let Judah become guilty; Also do not go to Gilgal, Or go up to Beth-aven And take the oath: "As the LORD lives!"
(16) Since Israel is stubborn Like a stubborn heifer, Can the LORD now pasture them Like a lamb in a large field?
(17) Ephraim is joined to idols; Let him alone.
(18) Their liquor gone, They play the harlot continually; Their rulers dearly love shame.
(19) The wind wraps them in its wings, And they will be ashamed because of their sacrifices.

Posts: 1203 | From: Eagle Nest, NM | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WhiteEagle
Advanced Member
Member # 3728

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WhiteEagle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Lars7:
John 17:3

And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.

In order to fully understand what eternal life is, it is helpful to understand what it is not. Eternal life is not living forever. Everyone lives forever in either heaven or hell. Also, eternal life is not living forever in the blessings of heaven as opposed to being tormented in hell. John 3:36 and 5:24 show that eternal life is a present tense possession of the believer.

Jesus here defines eternal life as knowing God the Father and Jesus Christ. As we have already discussed, this word "know" is speaking of intimacy instead of mere intellectual knowledge. Therefore, eternal life is having an intimate, personal relationship with God the Father and Jesus the Son.

According to John 3:16, this intimacy with God is what salvation is all about. Forgiveness of our sins is not the point of salvation. This intimacy with the Father is. Of course, Jesus did die to purchase forgiveness for our sins because unforgiven sins blocked us from intimacy with God. Sin was an obstacle that stood between God and us. It had to be dealt with and it was. But anyone who views salvation as only forgiveness of sins and stops there is missing out on eternal life.

Salvation was intended to be presented as the way to come back into harmony with God. Instead, it has often been presented as the way to escape the problems of this life and later the judgment of hell. It is possible to get born again with that kind of thinking, but more often than not, people who get saved through that type of ministry view the Lord as someone to help them in times of crisis and don't come to know Him.

The church has been preaching forgiveness of sins instead of relationship with God. Forgiveness of sins is an essential step to relationship with God which cannot be by- passed, but it is not eternal life. Jesus didn't die for us out of pity for our impending doom, but He died for us out of love for us (Jn. 3:16) -- a love that longed to once again have that intimate communion with man that He had originally created him for (Gen. 3:8; Rev. 4:11).

The vibrant, first century church lived relationship with God and proclaimed Jesus as the only way for others to obtain this relationship (Jn. 14:6). Without modern technology or huge sums of money, they turned the known world upside down with this gospel (Acts 17:6).

Today, the twentieth century church, with all its advantages, has made little impact on our world because we are preaching on sin and its effects instead of relationship with Almighty God. Most non-believers are so occupied with their "hell on earth" that they don't really think or care about their eternal future. They are fed up with religion. They are looking for something that will fill the emptiness inside. Only intimate relationship (eternal life) with our Father can do that.

I am so blessed by your post. Praise the Lord Jesus. Let's go on to the Meat!

In the Garden of Eden, fellowship was broken by Adam and Eve's sin. God sent his Christ to restore all things. Yes we need to be forgiven and and repent first, and then we are able to have communion or relationship with God through Christ Jesus.

Posts: 1392 | From: Maine | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WhiteEagle
Advanced Member
Member # 3728

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WhiteEagle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by wparr:

We are not to judge by the external:

(for example Christians desiring and getting tattoos, gambling, smoking, driving expensive cars, wearing flashy clothes ect..)

But the outside IS a reflection of the inside condition.

Matthew 23:26
You blind Pharisee, first clean the inside of the cup and of the dish, so that the outside of it may become clean also.

So a Christian’s actions, behaviors, desires, spending (works and fruit) IS a direct reflection of our walk (relationship) with God.

I agreed with all of your post and it is really great. [Cool]

Except for your explanation of this section, that I have copied above.

You use the example of people who smoke or drink or have tatoos, etc and then seem to compare that to the Pharisees.

The Pharisees of today are not the people who have tatoos, or smoke or drink, etc.

The Pharisees of today are those who outwardly appear to be "righteous" in that they are not drinking, and they condemm those who do, they are not smoking, but condemm those who do, they are not getting tatoos, but preach long sermons against the people who do.

They strain a a gnat, which is those practices and others similar, but swallow the camel.

Jesus said it is what comes out of a person that defiles them. It is what one has in their heart, and what one speaks that shows the condition of their heart.

I don't know if anyone happened to watch Opry Winfreh show yesterday 02/16/06. She had a white family that was made over to look like a black family and a black family that was made over to look white.

The white family's mother stated she prayed to God, and wanted to speak her heart. So I am assuming she is saying she is a Christian.

She did make her "heart" known and she thought she was showing love and acceptance towards black people. She was upset that the blacks still felt she was "racist".

She called some young (black) people; beautiful "creatures" and then wondered why they were offended. She bantered with her copart, the mother of the black family and said Yo! B*i*t*c*h, thinking that's how "regular" blacks spoke to each other, and then wondered why the other woman was offended. This white woman basically had a "label" for all things.

Her heart was shown. She feels she's superior.
She was upset, that other people didn't want to accept her labels.

Posts: 1392 | From: Maine | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lars7
Advanced Member
Member # 4911

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lars7   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.

In order to fully understand what eternal life is, it is helpful to understand what it is not. Eternal life is not living forever. Everyone lives forever in either heaven or hell. Also, eternal life is not living forever in the blessings of heaven as opposed to being tormented in hell. John 3:36 and 5:24 show that eternal life is a present tense possession of the believer.

Jesus here defines eternal life as knowing God the Father and Jesus Christ. As we have already discussed, this word "know" is speaking of intimacy instead of mere intellectual knowledge. Therefore, eternal life is having an intimate, personal relationship with God the Father and Jesus the Son.

According to John 3:16, this intimacy with God is what salvation is all about. Forgiveness of our sins is not the point of salvation. This intimacy with the Father is. Of course, Jesus did die to purchase forgiveness for our sins because unforgiven sins blocked us from intimacy with God. Sin was an obstacle that stood between God and us. It had to be dealt with and it was. But anyone who views salvation as only forgiveness of sins and stops there is missing out on eternal life.

Salvation was intended to be presented as the way to come back into harmony with God. Instead, it has often been presented as the way to escape the problems of this life and later the judgment of hell. It is possible to get born again with that kind of thinking, but more often than not, people who get saved through that type of ministry view the Lord as someone to help them in times of crisis and don't come to know Him.

The church has been preaching forgiveness of sins instead of relationship with God. Forgiveness of sins is an essential step to relationship with God which cannot be by- passed, but it is not eternal life. Jesus didn't die for us out of pity for our impending doom, but He died for us out of love for us (Jn. 3:16) -- a love that longed to once again have that intimate communion with man that He had originally created him for (Gen. 3:8; Rev. 4:11).

The vibrant, first century church lived relationship with God and proclaimed Jesus as the only way for others to obtain this relationship (Jn. 14:6). Without modern technology or huge sums of money, they turned the known world upside down with this gospel (Acts 17:6).

Today, the twentieth century church, with all its advantages, has made little impact on our world because we are preaching on sin and its effects instead of relationship with Almighty God. Most non-believers are so occupied with their "hell on earth" that they don't really think or care about their eternal future. They are fed up with religion. They are looking for something that will fill the emptiness inside. Only intimate relationship (eternal life) with our Father can do that.

Posts: 49 | From: Ma | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BORN AGAIN
unregistered

Icon 16 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
dear brother wparr, you write
quote:
How intimate we KNOW Yahveh Elohim, is also a result of our level of knowledge and understanding ABOUT Him.

If we get our knowledge of Him mainly from others (books, pastors, t.v./radio preachers ect..) then we have mainly a second hand relationship with God (BIG BIG problem in America today).

brother, on this "mainly a secondhand relationship" being "a BIG BIG problem in American today, this is just not true.

Remember that the "many go on the broad way that leads to destruction" and "many there be who go in to destruction thereby."

Few there be who take the narrow road to enter the narrow gate.

brother wparr, even a mainly "secondhand relationship" is precious in the sight of the Lord compared to the "many who go into the gate of destruction."

I understand that you are encouraging people to move deeper into the Word of God, but "do not despise the small beginnings."

God bless, BORN AGAIN

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BORN AGAIN
unregistered

Icon 16 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Acts 4:13
Now when they saw the boldness of Peter and John, and perceived that they were unlearned and ignorant men, they marvelled; and they took knowledge of them, THAT THEY HAD BEEN WITH JESUS.

Relationship shows and reflects, but let's remember also what relationships the Lord God Jeshua-Jesus kept.

Luke 5:31
And Jesus answered them, They who are whole do not need a physician; but they who are sick.

Is anyone whole? No, everyone is sick except Jesus. "For all have come short of the glory of God."

The Lord God Jeshua-Jesus kept company with sick people, with spiritually sick people, with the hated publicans and with sinners:

Matthew 9:11
And when the Pharisees saw it, they said to his disciples, Why does your teacher eat with publicans and sinners?

brother wparr, the Pharisees said, "why does your teacher eat with publicans and sinners"?

Should we sit with the publicans and sinners, or should we not sit with them?

Whether we should sit and eat with them depends on what we do when we sit and eat with them. If we sit with them to be in the seat of the scornful and participate in their sinful things, no, then we should not eat with the publicans and sinners.

But when we have been with Jesus, reading the Word and hearing the voice of the Holy Spirit within, then like Moses some of His glory passes from Jesus's lovely face onto us, and then it is a very good time for us "to be among the publicans and sinners, Amen?", because then we can show them some of Jesus's glory and who Jesus was, by just being ourselves among them, so that they too might desire after Him who is All in All and who thankfully is already our God.

God bless, BORN AGAIN in the USA by the [Cross] of the Lord God Jeshua-Jesus of Nazareth but born in Bethlehem of Judah (see Micah 5:2, oh Israelites).

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Walt, it is good to see you! This is a wonderful post.

quote:
If we get our knowledge of Him mainly from the NT and not the WHOLE Council of God
(OT & NT) then we don’t understand (and know) that:

Yahveh Elohim is Holy Holy Holy, [see Isaiah 6 & Revelation 4]

He is a jealous God [see Deuteronomy 4, 5, & 9]

He is a wrathful God [see Leviticus 26, Ezekiel 25, Nahum 1]

Then our KNOWING Him won’t be as deep and intimate as it should be
and it will be reflected in our actions and behavior (works and fruit).

You know I never really thought about that which you said about reading only the NT.

I have never thought about that this way before, but that was very profound. I think you are absolutely correct there. We see this missing, but why it might be missing has never occured to me. The OT is so full of HIS Glory. And I always think of what Solomon says... there is nothing new under the son. If you want to know where we are going all we have to do is look where we have been. Yes, some people will tell you that the church is not seen in the OT, but I beg to differ. When ever I think on this subject though of knowing God. I always think of this scriptue:

Romans 11:22 Behold therefore the goodness and severity of God: on them which fell, severity; but toward thee, goodness, if thou continue in his goodness: otherwise thou also shalt be cut off.

To know God is to know both HIS goodness and HIS severity. Just like our relationship with our spouses, we must love them wholly.

quote:

(for example Christians desiring and getting tattoos, gambling, smoking, driving expensive cars, wearing flashy clothes ect..)

You blind Pharisee, first clean the inside of the cup and of the dish, so that the outside of it may become clean also.

So a Christian’s actions, behaviors, desires, spending (works and fruit) IS a direct reflection of our walk (relationship) with God.

I once heard someone say that if they could have your checkbook they could tell you about your relationship with God. I think that this true. But not just the things seen...

The scripture says out of the fullness of the heart the mouth speaks.... I dont think this just speaks of do you hear profanity or course jesting etc.. but also just conversation... when you are fellowshiping with your Christian friends, do you want to talk about yourself, your neigbors, or HIM?

I know I want to talk about HIM. What has HE done in your life? What things new have you learned from HIM? How is your ministry going... WHAT is God doing in your life or I want to share, what HE is doing in ours. I could care less about movies, or sports, or the latest fashions or the newest store at the mall. I want to talk about GOD and what he is doing. I really dont even care about the news except for how it relates to watching the time and season.

So I think that it is not just what we see on the outside that is a reflection of what is on the inside, but also what we hear.

Anyway, great post Bro! [thumbsup2]

Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wparr
Advanced Member
Member # 891

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wparr     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is eternal life, that they may [u]know[/u] You, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom You have sent.

KNOW: G1097 - ginōskō

Strongs Definition:
A prolonged form of a primary verb; to “know” (absolutely), in a great variety of applications and with many implications

NASEC Definition:
come to know, recognize, perceive

Thayer Definition:
1) to learn to know, come to know, get a knowledge of perceive, feel, to become known
2) to know, understand, perceive, have knowledge of
3) Jewish idiom for sexual intercourse between a man and a woman
4) to become acquainted with, to know

True Biblical Christianity is a relationship with God The Father, and Yahshua The Son.

It is to be and ever increasing; deepening intimate KNOWING Yahven Elohim, not a knowledge of or about (though it takes a knowledge of and about to have a knowing).

Scripture makes it clear that works don’t save us.

Ephesians 2:8-9
For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God; not as a result of works, so that no one may boast.

Scripture does make it clear that works are a RESULT or FRUIT of our relationship with
God.

James 2:14-17
What use is it, my brethren, if someone says he has faith but he has no works? Can that
faith save him?
If a brother or sister is without clothing and in need of daily food, and one of you says to
them, "Go in peace, be warmed and be filled," and yet you do not give them what is
necessary for their body, what use is that?
Even so faith, if it has no works, is dead, being by itself.

Galatians 5:22-25
But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness,
faithfulness, gentleness, self-control; against such things there is no law.
Now those who belong to Messiah Yahshua have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires.
If we live by the Spirit, let us also walk by the Spirit.

Or lacking of relationship

Jeremiah 2:13
For My people have committed two evils: They have forsaken Me, The fountain of living
waters, To hew for themselves cisterns, Broken cisterns That can hold no water.

How intimate we KNOW Yahveh Elohim, is also a result of our level of knowledge and understanding ABOUT Him.

If we get our knowledge of Him mainly from others (books, pastors, t.v./radio preachers ect..) then we have mainly a second hand relationship with God
(BIG BIG problem in America today).

If we get our knowledge of Him mainly from the NT and not the WHOLE Council of God
(OT & NT) then we don’t understand (and know) that:

Yahveh Elohim is Holy Holy Holy, [see Isaiah 6 & Revelation 4]

He is a jealous God [see Deuteronomy 4, 5, & 9]

He is a wrathful God [see Leviticus 26, Ezekiel 25, Nahum 1]

Then our KNOWING Him won’t be as deep and intimate as it should be
and it will be reflected in our actions and behavior (works and fruit).

So the root issue must always be:

HOW INTIMATE IS OUR RELATIONSHIP WITH YAHVEH ELOHIM?

The closer we get to Him, the more we see and KNOW Him,

Know ALL of Him

REALLY Know Him

The more we will say say, mean and do
Luke 22:42
"Father, if You are willing, remove this cup from Me; yet not My will, but Yours be done."
[/color]

The MORE we will WILLINGLY submit to Him

The MORE He will work in and thru us

The MORE we will act and behave like Yahshua

Luke 12:32-37
(32) "Do not be afraid, little flock, for your Father has chosen gladly to give you the kingdom.
(33) "Sell your possessions and give to charity; make yourselves money belts which do not wear out, an unfailing treasure in heaven, where no thief comes near nor moth destroys.
(34) "For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.
(35) "Be dressed in readiness, and keep your lamps lit.
(36) "Be like men who are waiting for their master when he returns from the wedding feast, so that they may immediately open the door to him when he comes and knocks.
(37) "Blessed are those slaves whom the master will find on the alert when he comes; truly I say to you, that he will gird himself to serve, and have them recline at the table, and will come up and wait on them.

Matthew 6:19-33
(19) "Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal.
(20) "But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust destroys, and where thieves do not break in or steal;
(21) for where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.
(22) "The eye is the lamp of the body; so then if your eye is clear, your whole body will be full of light.
(23) "But if your eye is bad, your whole body will be full of darkness. If then the light that is in you is darkness, how great is the darkness!
(24) "No one can serve two masters; for either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will be devoted to one and despise the other. You cannot serve God and wealth.
(25) "For this reason I say to you, do not be worried about your life, as to what you will eat or what you will drink; nor for your body, as to what you will put on. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothing?
(26) "Look at the birds of the air, that they do not sow, nor reap nor gather into barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not worth much more than they?
(27) "And who of you by being worried can add a single hour to his life?
(28) "And why are you worried about clothing? Observe how the lilies of the field grow; they do not toil nor do they spin,
(29) yet I say to you that not even Solomon in all his glory clothed himself like one of these.
(30) "But if God so clothes the grass of the field, which is alive today and tomorrow is thrown into the furnace, will He not much more clothe you? You of little faith!
(31) "Do not worry then, saying, 'What will we eat?' or 'What will we drink?' or 'What will we wear for clothing?'
(32) "For the Gentiles eagerly seek all these things; for your heavenly Father knows that you need all these things.
(33) "But seek first His kingdom and His righteousness, and all these things will be added to you.

Whay are you treasures? (what would those lost who see you say?)

Where is your treasure?

Where REALLY is our heart?

Posts: 1203 | From: Eagle Nest, NM | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement