Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Bible Topics & Study   » Part 2: Testimony of Dr. Eby's visit to hell by Bethany; true or false?

Author Topic: Part 2: Testimony of Dr. Eby's visit to hell by Bethany; true or false?
hardcore
Advanced Member
Member # 4492

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hardcore     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Pleasemaranatha:
The christians that experienced a near death experience and stood in front of Jesus would believe. Unless it happens to you, most won't believe. That is fine. Everyone is different with their walk with the Lord.

Some might be just visions that are given by God.
I don't think a christian would post what happened because of the criticism or bashing.
There isn't alot of warm fuzzies on these boards. I pray that changes.

God Bless

I understand what you mean about not believing something unless it happens to you. I've had a few experiences with the darker side of the spiritual realm that I would have had a lot of trouble believing had it not happened to me.

When I read testimonies regarding someone going to heaven or hell, I try to keep an open mind. As long as I don't see anything in their story that contradicts scripture, I won't entirely dismiss it, but I do admit that I take them with a grain of salt and am usually skeptical.

Things like Dr. Eby saying Jesus told him he wouldn't die until He returned again is a perfect example of why. We know that isn't true, so that has to make everything else suspect.

BTW - There are plenty of warm fuzzies on the CBBS; just not in this section. [Wink]

Posts: 627 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pleasemaranatha
Advanced Member
Member # 5150

Icon 9 posted      Profile for Pleasemaranatha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The christians that experienced a near death experience and stood in front of Jesus would believe. Unless it happens to you, most won't believe. That is fine. Everyone is different with their walk with the Lord.

Some might be just visions that are given by God.
I don't think a christian would post what happened because of the criticism or bashing.
There isn't alot of warm fuzzies on these boards. I pray that changes.

God Bless

--------------------
My soul waiteth for the Lord more than they that watch for the morning. Psalms 130 verse 6

Joyce

Posts: 308 | From: Missouri | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, patience and gentleness come first and foremost to my mind, there are of course more, but those are the one I notice those the most sticking out of the basket, because they are the ones that are most often lacking in my cupboard. Got to have our P's and G's ya know!
Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Miguel
Advanced Member
Member # 47

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Miguel   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by helpforhomeschoolers:
quote:
but unless I missed the rapture (which, according to some here, is always a possibility ), Jesus has not come yet.

Well, I would gladly debate them on your behalf any day BA. And I am quite sure I would not be alone. I have not always agreed with your theology or your methods, nor you with mine, but I have seen HIS work in you and I have seen your fruit grown there by HIS SPirit and my Bible says:

Matthew 12:33 ...... for the tree is known by his fruit.

See ya on the way up, Brother Born Again [rapture]

Wow! He most be Rooted by the river of Living Waters. [angel3]
So what kind of fruit is for sale in the market place! [Big Grin]

--------------------
Romans 9:11-24

Our Eschatology may vary even our Ecclesiology may be disputed among us but our Soteriology most assume a singularity and exclusivity which in biblical term is known as Quote; "The Narrow Way" and Quote!

Posts: 2792 | From: Stockton,Ca | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
but unless I missed the rapture (which, according to some here, is always a possibility ), Jesus has not come yet.

Well, I would gladly debate them on your behalf any day BA. And I am quite sure I would not be alone. I have not always agreed with your theology or your methods, nor you with mine, but I have seen HIS work in you and I have seen your fruit grown there by HIS SPirit and my Bible says:

Matthew 12:33 ...... for the tree is known by his fruit.

See ya on the way up, Brother Born Again [rapture]

Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BORN AGAIN
unregistered

Icon 16 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
dear sister hardcore, thanks for the info on Dr. Eby's death. I don't watch TBN much anymore and TBN may have announced Dr. Eby's death, but then again it would not surprise me if TBN never said a word about his death.

I agree that his death certainly casts a long, long shadow over his testimony--either Eby heard it wrong or he thought he heard it that way, but unless I missed the rapture (which, according to some here, is always a possibility [Wink] ), Jesus has not come yet.

So that certainly detracts from Eby's testimonty. thanks for the info.

God bless, [Cross] BORN AGAIN

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hardcore
Advanced Member
Member # 4492

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hardcore     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Dr. Eby saw Jesus in heaven. Jesus told the Doctor that he would not die before His second coming."

Dr. Eby died Dec. 26, 2002.

Assuming Dr. Eby's testimony is true, wouldn't that make Jesus either wrong or a liar?

Posts: 627 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BORN AGAIN
unregistered

Icon 16 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
CONTINUATION OF DR. EBY’S TESTIMONY regarding his death and visit to heaven, and visit to hell at BETHANY.

Start of testimony:

For those of you who know that He is coming back a second time because His Book says so, we know that there also must be a lake of fire and sulfur because Jesus is coming a second time to put Satan into the lake, in Revelation 20:10:

10 And the devil who deceived them was thrown into the lake of fire and sulfur ...

There has to be a place where Satan, the great deceiver, the killer, the murderer of people and of all that God has made, will receive his just reward, where punishment will be eternal, and those angels who have joined him in his rebellion, as is recorded in Revelation 20:3:

10 The thief only comes to steal and to kill and to destroy; but I am come that they might have life ...

Jesus told me 5 years after I had died and went to heaven, and was sent back, that He had to show me hell. That was the time when we were together in Bethany, and we went down into a little room which they call Lazarus’s tomb, as recorded in John 12:9:

9 Many of the Jews knew that {Jesus} was there {at Bethany}; but they came not only for Jesus’s sake, but also that they might see Lazarus, whom he had raised from the dead {in Bethany}.

We had gone down into this little room with its rounded ceiling, and then suddenly the only light bulb went out. And when the light goes out, the Bible says, you’re already in hell, and it seemed like it to me. {BORN AGAIN: where does it say that in the Bible? Anyway...}

It was terrifying to stand there in Lazarus’s tomb, two stories underground, not able to see my hand, not able to see the little exit, nor the two women next to me, it was a startling experience, fearsome to me. It had the feeling of standing in a tomb or sarcophagus which stood up on its end, like a hole cut down into solid rock, and it seemed as if I was in there for an eternity.

And as I stood there in this tomb, suddenly Jesus came into Lazarus’s tomb, and He stood beside me, and in His presence there was a tremendous light, as is recorded in Ezekiel 1:27:

27 And I saw a color of amber, with the appearance of fire all around within ... and it had a brightness round about it.

So I had no trouble seeing My Lord. Now this time, if I had had a heart, it would have jumped right of my chest. Paul Crouch called out, “You really saw Him this time!”.

Oh, I saw Him this time, this time I’m suddenly standing next to this Person. He stood about 6 feet tall. I had gotten on my hands and knees to grope for an exit, but then I saw that hem with ten toes, and I instantly got off my knees because I knew whose hem and whose toes those were, because He had put His mind back into mine, and I again had the same mind which I had had 5 years earlier in paradise.

And He now quickly said, “My son, there is much that I must tell you and will show you”, and by this time I’m up to my full height and He grabbed me. He grabbed me with such a tightness, pulled me into His solid body of flesh and bones.

Now that body is as solid as ours, that resurrection body which Jesus used on earth after His resurrection, as He said to Mary Magdalene in John 20:17 and Luke 24:50-51:

17 Jesus said to her, “Do not touch me, for I have not yet ascended to My Father ...”

50 And {Jesus} led them as far as Bethany, and He lifted up His hands, and blessed them.

51 And it occurred, as He blessed them, that He parted from them and carried up into heaven.

In Lazarus’s tomb, Jesus wanted me to know the difference between the body which I had experienced in Paradise where we were [bin[/b] each other but which was transparent and luminescent, and now He was solid, pulling me strongly into Him and I could feel how solid His body was now, just as He had said to His disciples in Jerusalem after His resurrection in Luke 24:39:

39 Look at My hands and at My feet, see that it is Me. Handle Me and see; for a spirit does not have flesh and bones, as you see that I have.

Instantly I see His beautiful girdle, everything about Him glowed, the girdle sash was glowing with gold, as is recorded in Exodus 28:8:

8 And the curious girdle upon the ephod ... was gold ...

A golden sash. But I didn’t spend much time looking at His garment because I looked right away for His face and I could not take My eyes off that face. Oh the face of Jesus which God has made for His only begotten Son, for that first resurrection body.

It must have been the most beautiful face ever made, but He indicated to me that we will know our own families even in their resurrection bodies. The face and body of Jesus’s resurrection body must have been beautifully reconstructed because we know that He hung on a cross and that His face had been marred by His accusers beyond what words can describe, as is recorded in Isaiah 53:2-5 and 53:10 and 52:14:

3 He is despised and rejected of men, a man of sorrows and acquainted with grief, and we hid our faces from Him; He was despised but we did not value Him correctly.

4 ... we esteemed him stricken, struck down by God and afflicted.

5 But He was wounded for our transgressions and He was bruised for our iniquities ...

10 Yet, it pleased the LORD to bruise Him ...

14 But many were astonished at You. His face was so much more marred than that of any man, and His form so much more than that of any man.

And now He stood here. I looked into His eyes, those eyes, oh, they're the condensation of all His love and all His power and might coming out as laser beams from His face and I could just feel them go right through me ... Oh, I couldn’t get my eyes off them, and all the while He was talking at this split-second speed in His heavenly language and explaining to me that the reason why He had not allowed me for the past 5 years to talk about paradise was because first He wanted to show me hell.

Because in paradise He had said, “You must go back and tell them, tell them, tell them. He had this voice of a trumpet, when He spoke those 3 “tell thems”, as in recorded in Exodus 19:19:

19 And when the voice of the trumpet sounded long, and grew louder and louder, Moses spoke, and God answered him by a voice.

Then Paul Crouch yells out again: “It’s in the Book, isn’t it!”

And Jesus now said, “You saw Paradise when I took you there”, and He thus validated that He had taken me there, and now He said, “I’m now going to take you to hell”.

It was at that moment, among the thousands of things that He said, but I will distill it into a moment, that He threw onto the side of Lazarus’s tomb, right about here, words written in script English, in a gold paint, faster than at the speed of light, which said, “There will yet be a little while, but a very little while”. Then the paint dropped and hit the floor, and splattered up like a 4th-of-July sparkler, and became numerous tiny particles of gold which formed into a gold flower.

I know now that what I saw was the shekinah glory, because I saw it later again when I was with Arthur Blessitt. But at that moment I didn’t know that It was the Holy Spirit filling that tomb, and Jesus instantly told me, "I had that written so that you’ll never forget it, because you will not be able to finish your commission, I will be back soon. Tell everybody that I will be back before most of them have had a chance to die, I’m coming that soon, and as far as you’re concerned, you will not die again because this time I’ll be back for you”. This was all at that great speed, you see.

{BORN AGAIN’s note: Dr. Eby said this on TBN in 1983, but I do not know whether Dr. Eby is still alive, or not, in 2006 of our time. END OF BORN AGAIN}

And suddenly, I’m out of this tomb into what turns out to be hell. He said, “This is hell”. Now, it wasn’t the Baptist hell at all that I’d heard about all my life, it was a hole in a solid stone somewhere; I assumed it was on earth.

Then He said, “I will make you feel like an unsaved sinner. So far as you are concerned, you will feel and react like one who has never accepted Me. However, I will be with you, but you won’t see Me, but I’ll explain things to you and I will bring you back because I have the keys of hell and death”, as is written in Revelation 1:18:

18 I am He who lives and was dead; and look, I am alive forevermore, Amen! And I have the keys of hell and death.

It was horrible the moment I landed inside this vertical hole, it was just about my size, about 6 feet tall and 4 feet wide, leaving little room to maneuver, it was so horrible that I wanted immediately out! I knew that I was now in total isolation from God, as it said in 1 Thessalonians 1:9:

9 Who shall be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord, and from the power of His glory.

I hadn’t realized this before, and I couldn’t have realized it before, that an unsaved person has all the benefits and attributes of living on this earth, except for eternal life. Because Satan has implied, “What more could you need?” But here instantly, in that stone hole, I was devoid of all these earthly things. It was absolute hell, to be out of the presence of God and to be away from all the things He has made for all His children.

Now, instead, I was in the presence of other beings. Instantly I noticed around me a thousand these little spider-sized demons. They all had flames in their eyes. Now people say to me, "How could you have seen into a spider’s eye in the dark? Well, I couldn’t with a regular optical nerve, but I could with the eyes of the spirit mind, because I had to be in a spirit body; for this one could not have made it there. I found out later that all this while the two women were standing beside me in this tomb, so it could not have been my natural body which was in this stone hole. I was with Jesus in hell.

These spider-sized demons were just razzing me, and called me every kind of demonic, obscene name, and then they started to punk-rock dance. Now at that time I didn’t know what a punk rock dance was because it hadn’t been invented yet back in 1977.

Back then we already had Elvis Presley rock, but we did not yet have punk. They all started punking, a fast, oscillating, obscene dance. They were using language that one couldn’t even think up in English, it was much worse than that.

Paul Crouch interrupts, “So now we know for sure where all that stuff comes from!” And Dr. Eby answers, “Now we know who the composer is, where it’s been practiced before it arrived here, and we know that these little imps are masters at teaching it, and they are now all looking at me in this stone hole while they are giving me the most obscene lessons in all things bad, until I wanted instantly out, of course.

It was a much longer story than what I’m telling you here because I cannot tell you all of what they said and did, but suddenly Jesus took me out of that pit.

And by the way, there is a pit in the Bible, the bottomless pit, for instance, in Revelation 20:1-3:

1 And I was an angel come down from heaven, having the key of the bottomless pit with him, and with a great chain in his hand.

2 And he laid hold of the dragon, that old serpent, which is the devil and Satan, and bound him for a thousand years.

3 And threw him into the bottomless pit, and set a seal upon him ...

I love that term, a bottomless pit. Now some people say that in the Greek it’s all the same word, but I don’t think so. I like to think Satan is hung up by this chain, that the angel puts this chain around him, on a hook coming out from the side, and God cut the bottom from that pit so that he could see the lake of fire beneath, for it says in Revelation 9:1-2 that the pit was opened and smoke arose forever:

1 And the fifth angel sounded and I saw a star fall down from heaven to the earth; and to him was given the key of the bottomless pit.

2 And he opened the bottomless pit and smoke arose out of that pit, like the smoke of a great furnace; so much that the sun and the air were darkened because of the smoke.

So I think this bottomless pit in which the devil is hanging on that chain is just a chimney to that lake of fire, he’s hung in that chimney for a thousand years, to be smoked and barbecued as he hangs there, just as he has been making the world smell, now he’s got to smell himself for a thousand years, as is written in Isaiah 14:15-16:

15 You shall be brought down to hell, to the sides of the pit.

16 And they who see you shall look narrowly at you, and consider, “Is this the
man who made the earth to tremble and who shook kingdoms?

But for the rest of us, our pit does have a bottom to it, but I could not see out to anywhere, I was in a prison and there was nobody in there but me and those spider-sized demons.

People who say they want to die and take their friends with them so that they can play cards and do whatever things they want to do in hell, they will not see anybody, they’ll be in isolation. They’ll be isolated from God, and isolated from all things earthly; they’ll be in great darkness, as is written in Jude v.13 and Matthew 25:30:

13 Raging waves of the sea, foaming out their own shame; wandering stars, to whom is reserved the blackness of darkness forever.

30 Cast the unprofitable servant into outer darkness; there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

They can’t ask Him anything now, it’s too late.

Suddenly, I stood before the Great White Throne of Revelation 20:11.

It's there, folks. Just because the Bible describes it in Revelation as a last thing that you happen to read doesn't mean that it isn't already there; God prepared it, it's a place of judgment, it's a place of terror.

Now you say, "How can you have terror in heaven?" Because there are sinners coming there, one by one, I think, because as I landed there, suddenly on this great throne was a personage in a mist [see Job 26:9], I couldn't see His face, and through that mist came a book [see Revelation 20:12], twice the size of this one, in His hand [see Revelation 5:7], and with electronic speed

He was fingering over these pages, looking for my name, because Jesus was telling me, "He's looking for your name; you never allowed Him to write your name in this Book of Life", and I hadn't.

As a sinner I had told Him, "I don't need you, I'm God, what good is your Book, I don't believe it's there anyway!", and so I'd never given Him that permission, and finally, after looking through it, imagine God, knowing the answer before He even looked, would take time out to give me a day in court, and He would have let me go up if I had wanted to look myself for my name, but I didn't because I knew He was right, and then He closed it.

The most devastating, terrifying vision that any man could have is the Book of Life being closed with the knowledge that your name is not in there [see Malachi 3:16-17].

And then quickly, with His free hand now He pointed, and I turned to see and there was the lake of fire [see Revelation 20:10 and 21:18], way in the distance, how far I don't know, I had the spirit eyes, I could see a trillion light years perhaps.

But anyway, it's already there. Millions of miles wide, no doubt, it just seemed a huge thing way in the distance, with flames reaching out millions of miles into the atmosphere, and instantly I was so frightened, so horrified at myself, because--and this was interesting--Jesus for a second at least allowed me to realize that some people who had accepted Him supposedly had never told anybody [see Luke 12:8-9].

And I found that that was one of the things He was casting me in for [see Revelation 20:15]. Because instantly I felt that I was responsible for any of my friends, relatives, and colleagues who were going to end up in there. And it was so horrible, that I would have screamed if I had had the vocal cords to do it.

And people, this is what our Bible tells us, that we are to put down here and we are responsible for spreading the good news; the word has to be spread by us.

Jesus has written It, but He doesn't spread It, we're spreading It. And those to whom we've never whispered the word "Jesus", whose lives impinge on ours but we've never taken the time to tell them about Jesus, if they end up in that lake of fire, the Bible says their blood is on our hands.

So folks, tonight, you who are Christians, start telling tomorrow, we only have a few days left. Those who aren't Christians, this is the biggest gift in the world, having Jesus.

You want a gift for Christmas? God has the biggest gift that He could give anybody, and that's the gift of eternal life, and so tonight, you who are listening, accept Jesus.

coming next: Pastor Gary Woods' testimony of his death and visit to heaven

God bless, BORN AGAIN [Cross]

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement